Beloved Child 28

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

Another chapter up… this is a bit fragmented so be prepared for that and there is some nasty stuff in the beginning just so you know. I may be taking a little break with this as I have not completed 29 and onwards yet but I hope to have them done soon.

Beloved Child 28

The office that had belonged to the asylums coordinator was opulent in its luxury. The furniture were exquisite pieces collected from all over Amn, velvet drapes and cushioned seats provided a strange contrast to the small laboratory and various torture implements that now rested on the large mahogany desk. In the middle of the room, a girl with pink hair was strapped to a chair; an ugly scar that ran from over the girls left eye down to her jaw had closed what used to be an open and friendly face. Imoen was hanging her head and drew in ragged breaths. Below the chair a puddle of sweat, blood and piss had formed. Irenicus stood with his back towards her, writing notes in a book.

She still has hope; they would come for her. Jaheria and Khalid and…. No not Khalid… Khalid was dead. Groder would… No… he was not coming, not for her. What happened to that smiling beautiful child so long ago?

“They are coming.” Irenicus said. “Everything is as I have planned it.”

Imoen groaned.

“Wha… how…?”

“While I am not a psychic there are spells and enchantments to simulate the same skills. I found that the experiments left your minds open to probing.” Irenicus explained. “Rest assured that the boy is coming. Foolish as he is.” The mage turned and locked his icy blue eyes on the girl. “If not for his need for vengeance, he would not come and leave you here. In such a case I would have had to alter my plans but they would have been workable in the end. Shall we resume the experiment?” He finished as he turned towards her.

Imoen felt sick, her head pounded and her stomach churned and it was not all due to the pain. Ever since they had escaped the madman’s dungeon something had been rattling its cage inside of her. Now that thing was loose and slowly clawing its way to the surface. The mage approached her holding a vial with a clear liquid in it.

“Let us continue.” The dead voice of the mage droned on.

“No… no…” The girl pleaded.

He towered above her; the red flesh mask was drawn taut over his face. Cold blue eyes smouldered in their sockets. The leather straps that crisscrossed his muscular chest dug into the flesh, vials and knives jingled as the mage moved. The red sarong was wet with sweat and clung to his legs. Irenicus was her patron saint of torture.

The thing inside clawed faster upwards and broke into the light. Imoen stood, the cords holding her body to the chair snapped. Irenicus stopped moving. Her breathing was hard and she made guttural noises. Lifting her head there ran rivers of drool down her chin; her eyes had turned entirely white.

“Finally.” Irencius said.

The thing in Imoen howled and grabbed a curved knife from the small table next to the chair. She charged, bearing into the mage at a low angle. Ramming her head into his stomach, she reached around with her arms and jabbed the knife into the small of the mage’s back. Irenicus seized up. Imoens arms pressed against his sides in a vice like grip, the blood of Bhaal providing berserk like strength. The girl growled.

Irenicus mumbled a few words and his hands began crackling with electricity. He grabbed Imoens shoulders and she began shaking as the electricity flooded her body. The spell went through its course but the girl did not let go instead she began twisting the blade in his back.

The mage quickly took one of the vials strapped to one of the leather cords that ran across his chest. He swallowed the dark contents and then began prying Imoens arms from his sides. He felt the knife let go of his back. Imoen let out an inhuman scream of disappointment and rammed her head into his stomach. Irenicus flinched slightly but managed to wrest the girl off him. He held her arms in front of her and spoke a command word. Spells shot up around him, turning his flesh to stone and as he let Imoens arms go, she was hurled across the room and slammed into the wall. The mage walked over to the girl that remained on the floor, unconscious.

“It is time to test the machine.” He said to no one in particular.

“Mother!”

The raven haired young woman stormed into the sitting room. Sun flowed into it through a large circular window that sat high on the wall. Two old elves sat in a sofa below it, talking. They both looked up as the young woman ran up to them.

“Where is Jonaleth? I waited an hour by the stables and he promised he would come. He promised.” The young woman whined.

“Oh dear, I think he went riding with the queen earlier. You know how smitten he is with her.” The elderly man said.

“But father…” The young woman began.

“Now, now dear.” The old woman said. “You should be happy for your brother. He only had his books and you for company before he began working for the palace. We need to be supportive now that he has finally opened up.”

The young woman, the sister stopped arguing and hung her head.

“Yes, mother.” She muttered.

“Maybe we could convince you to start seeing other boy’s as well?” Her father said and smiled honestly at his daughter. “The court is swarming with them, you know.”

She returned it although hers was an insincere one. She quickly bid them goodbye and left the room. As she was walking down the corridors of their home her head flooded with dark thoughts. Their parents did not understand that all she and Jonaleth needed were each other. Had she not looked after the precocious boy and always been his friend? Had they not been able to teach each other better then any of the teachers they had dealt with since they were children?

They were all jealous of their talents and intellect. Jealous of her bond with him and their close relationship. That was why those ingrates in the palace spread those vicious rumours about them, of course the queen had put a stop to those after she had sunken her claws into Bodhi`s brother. Their half-god queen would just gobble Jonaleth up and spit him out when she was done. He would never be good enough for a half-goddess. That was why they snickered so much behind his back and her own. He would be heart broken and she would have to pick up the pieces. This would not stand; they both deserved better then this. She would just have to figure out how.

In her coffin in the crypts below Athkatlas large necropolis, Bodhi´s eyes moved beneath her closed eyelids. A slight sneer had formed on her lips. It was not often that vampires dreamed but when they did it was with an unparalleled vividness. Most of her memories remained intact thanks to the undeath she had sought so early after their exile and this was something not even Irenicus knew of. There was a part in the vampiress that feared what would happen should her brother ever find out.

After being tossed out of Viconias room when she was going to change clothes, he had argued that he had already seen her naked but the Drow had responded with saying that he had to work for it; Groder left the group and headed alone to the temple district. He methodically began searching the district and really thought they should put up maps over the place. In the end he found the building her was looking for. It was not as large as some of the other temples but had a neat white painted façade. Over the door sat a mural of a silver coin which held the face of plain looking woman, some would say ugly. The face was surrounded with shamrocks.

This was something that was long overdue and Groder rummaged in a coat pocket after some coins. He pushed the door to the temple open and was greeted by a small brightly coloured antechamber, beyond it laid another room which was dominated by a statue of Tymora and a pulpit. The boy was greeted by a young woman whom welcomed him to the temple. She asked whether he needed any services or was interested in hearing more about Tymora.

Groder waved the woman away and entered the temple proper. There were a few people there praying. He left a few coins in the donation plate and sat down on one of the benches. Looking up at the statue he remembered having a smaller one like it in his room in Candlekeep. It had been simpler times, no damn knowledge about his treacherous mother and his foster father, not any insane brothers or insane mages, no stupid women that dragged up memories better left alone and no men from other planes that confused you.

Despite that he did not want to return to those days of blissful ignorance. He just needed to focus on the tasks at hand. Gathering the gold and ending the mage and getting some closure on this entire Bhaal affair. Whatever came after that he did not know… There was of course Imoen as well but she did not matter now did she?

Viconia circled the leather clad woman eying her critically.

“So he hasn’t told you about me?” The woman asked Jaheria whom looked mildly disapproving. “That is just great and I go off to the bathroom for five minutes and he manages to disappear.” She shook her head. “I am Sime by the way. The Shadow Master has assigned me to keep an eye on Groder.”

“Groder said he was going to the temple district.” Viconia said. “I was planning on going there myself. We could go together.”

Sime shrugged.

“Very well.” The assassin responded.

When the two women had left the inn and gotten out on the street, Viconia crossed her arms over her chest and said.

“So?”

Sime looked confused.

“What?” She asked.

“There has to be a reason they bait him with a female.” Viconia responded.

The assassin raised her eyebrows. Then she put her hands on her hips.

“I am here because I am good at what I do, nothing else. Seducing fifteen year old boys I leave to you and that bard.” She snarled. “I am here to make sure nothing bad happens to him.” Sime emphasised the last word.

Viconia shrugged in turn.

“So long as we know were we stand.” The drow said.

It did not take them long to find Groder once they arrived at the temples. He was leaning over a stone railing together with a small crowd, all looked highly amused. In the water, a man splashed around while crying out curses and that something called the “unseeing eye” would get the blasphemers. Viconia greeted Groder then left him and Sime for the small garden of shrines.

Viconia approached Shar`s shrine and found another woman there. The woman was on her knees and scrubbing the human sized statue of the goddess with a cloth. The scrubbing woman looked back when Viconia approached and nodded in greeting.

“Some bastard has been defacing the statue and I am sure its not kids.” She growled as she got back to work.
“I am Chisal; I haven’t seen another priestess for a while and never a drow.” The woman said after she had cleaned the statue off. Chisal was blonde and a bit on the portly side.

“Not that I mind. It is good seeing a Sister. There are not many who worship Shar here.” Chisal explained. “I think we would be able to attract more followers if we had a temple. There are plots of land but coin rules everything in this city.” Chisal said.

Listening to her fellow priestess Viconia was struck with a flash of inspiration.

“I currently travel with an adventuring group. Shares of their profits are mine. I could use them to help you build a temple once we are finished with our current affairs.” The dark elf said.

While Chisal looked as she had won something for the first time in her life, Viconia reflected that a temple would make a good home as well.

Yoshimo sat next to Nalia and overlooked the flowing river. It felt good to be alone with her. She was a few years younger then him that were true but her smile managed to chase away such ideas. He had found that the young woman possessed an inner strength that would serve her well one day. It was good getting away from Groder as well. The mad mages hand hovered over him and the boy still. He looked over at Nalia; the wind was blowing her red bangs into her face.

“Are you sure you want to come with us to spellhold once we go there?” He asked carefully. “We may not come back.”

Nalia looked at him a bit surprised.

“Are you that worried?” She asked. “I know it will be dangerous but we have already almost gotten killed by trolls and that odd sorcerer. I don’t think I can back down now.”

The Kara-Turan grabbed her hands in his and looked her straight in the eyes. He did not care if the fear and pain he felt shone through.

“Please… I don’t think I could bear to lose you as well…”

Images of the party at Irenicus or worse Bodhis mercy flooded his mind.

“I… I want to go with you.” Nalia said. “I have little fear if I am with you.”

The words stabbed like knives at his heart. Yoshimo straightened and brought out his sword and held it out to Nalia

“If something happens… I want you to take this.” He said.

“I couldn’t… isn’t that your family’s sword?” She said surprised.

“I am a stranger in a strange land. If I die here it will most likely be sold. No… I want you to have it.” Yoshimo held out the sheathed blade. “I have a smaller blade I will use from now on.”

He took a deep breath.

“I want you, Nalia De`Arnise, to keep and hold the blade of my ancestors.”

Yoshimo bowed low, his head almost touching the ground and held the sword up. Nalia took it.

“I accept.” She said and smiled. “But please keep it at least until we reach Spellhold.”

Yoshimo nodded and returned to sitting next to Nalia gazing of into the horizon.

Haer`Dalis sat on the stage of the Flagons playhouse and looked out over the empty seats. Raelis sat down on her knees behind to him, the rehearsals going on behind them.

“What weighs you my sparrow?” She leaned in and asked.

“Slender legs and alabaster thighs, long blonde hair and green, green eyes.” The actor rhymed.

The grey skinned woman wrapped her arms around Haer`Dalises waist.

“Your kind of love is bound to kill him.” The grey skinned tiefling said.

“Much like yours then?” The actor asked and reached back to stroke Raelis hair.

Raelis Shai gave a little laugh and released the actor.

“That was but once.” She replied. “Moths burn when they get to close to the flame.”

“I intend to be the flame this time, Miss Raelis.” Haer`Dalis asked.

“How wonderfully monstrous of you!” The actress laughed. “Better watch for the crow, my sparrow, so she does not peck your eyes for encroaching on her raven.” Raelis then cautioned.

“I think she may like the end result unless she is viciously jealous.” Haer`Dalis shrugged. “I live on the hope that she is not to territorial but who knows? Maybe we can reach a compromise.”

“On hopes are great endeavours built, now up my sparrow for it is time for your scenes!” Raelis shouted and stood. Haer`Dalis followed her into the throng of waiting actors.

#2 Guest_sparrow_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:42 AM

The POV changes were fun and easy to follow (favourite was Bodhi's little bit), so you didn't need to warn us. :D

Gah, poor Imoen, poor Yoshimo and Nalia, some disturbing descriptions in the opening scene. :P But perhaps you could find another word for sarong, you have this scary and intimidating image of Irenicus, and then there it comes: the sarong, which it makes the one wearing it hard to take seriously or maybe that's just me. ;)

Wonder what HD is planning...and him even considering that Viconia might compromise: ;)

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

The office that had belonged to the asylums coordinator was opulent in its luxury. The furniture were exquisite pieces collected from all over Amn, velvet drapes and cushioned seats provided a strange contrast to the small laboratory and various torture implements that now rested on the large mahogany desk. In the middle of the room, a girl with pink hair was strapped to a chair; an ugly scar that ran from over the girls left eye down to her jaw had closed what used to be an open and friendly face. Imoen was hanging her head and drew in ragged breaths. Below the chair a puddle of sweat, blood and piss had formed. Irenicus stood with his back towards her, writing notes in a book.

Urgh… :)

She still has hope; they would come for her. Jaheria and Khalid and…. No not Khalid… Khalid was dead. Groder would… No… he was not coming, not for her. What happened to that smiling beautiful child so long ago?

He read something he shouldn’t have read… there’s a reason why your parents are hiding certain books / letters from you, you know…

He towered above her; the red flesh mask was drawn taut over his face. Cold blue eyes smouldered in their sockets. The leather straps that crisscrossed his muscular chest dug into the flesh, vials and knives jingled as the mage moved. The red sarong was wet with sweat and clung to his legs. Irenicus was her patron saint of torture.

Not just for the kicks, though… all in the name of science.

The mage quickly took one of the vials strapped to one of the leather cords that ran across his chest. He swallowed the dark contents and then began prying Imoens arms from his sides. He felt the knife let go of his back. Imoen let out an inhuman scream of disappointment and rammed her head into his stomach. Irenicus flinched slightly but managed to wrest the girl off him. He held her arms in front of her and spoke a command word. Spells shot up around him, turning his flesh to stone and as he let Imoens arms go, she was hurled across the room and slammed into the wall. The mage walked over to the girl that remained on the floor, unconscious.

Wow… she was scary in that form… and she almost got him too!

She returned it although hers was an insincere one. She quickly bid them goodbye and left the room. As she was walking down the corridors of their home her head flooded with dark thoughts. Their parents did not understand that all she and Jonaleth needed were each other. Had she not looked after the precocious boy and always been his friend? Had they not been able to teach each other better then any of the teachers they had dealt with since they were children?

Interesting, I thought Bodhi would have been incredibly hedonistic back in her elven days as well!

Groder waved the woman away and entered the temple proper. There were a few people there praying. He left a few coins in the donation plate and sat down on one of the benches. Looking up at the statue he remembered having a smaller one like it in his room in Candlekeep. It had been simpler times, no damn knowledge about his treacherous mother and his foster father, not any insane brothers or insane mages, no stupid women that dragged up memories better left alone and no men from other planes that confused you.

Welcome to the world of grownups, Groder.

“I am here because I am good at what I do, nothing else. Seducing fifteen year old boys I leave to you and that bard.” She snarled. “I am here to make sure nothing bad happens to him.” Sime emphasised the last word.

Yeah, she didn’t appear trying to seduce him… or she was just doing that really poorly…

“Not that I mind. It is good seeing a Sister. There are not many who worship Shar here.” Chisal explained. “I think we would be able to attract more followers if we had a temple. There are plots of land but coin rules everything in this city.” Chisal said.

Hey, I am sure this would be the perfect investment for party’s funds.

“I currently travel with an adventuring group. Shares of their profits are mine. I could use them to help you build a temple once we are finished with our current affairs.” The dark elf said.

Why wait? :)

“I am a stranger in a strange land. If I die here it will most likely be sold. No… I want you to have it.” Yoshimo held out the sheathed blade. “I have a smaller blade I will use from now on.”

Trust me, you won’t get much gold from selling it… I’ve tried… :)

“Slender legs and alabaster thighs, long blonde hair and green, green eyes.” The actor rhymed.

*feels violently sick* :)

“I think she may like the end result unless she is viciously jealous.” Haer`Dalis shrugged. “I live on the hope that she is not to territorial but who knows? Maybe we can reach a compromise.”

Viconia is perverted enough, but I think sharing with you Haer might be beneath her. :)

#4 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:51 PM

:)

Poor, poor Imoen :)

The thing inside clawed faster upwards and broke into the light. Imoen stood, the cords holding her body to the chair snapped. Irenicus stopped moving. Her breathing was hard and she made guttural noises. Lifting her head there ran rivers of drool down her chin; her eyes had turned entirely white.

You have a gift when it comes to descriptions of horror!

The raven haired young woman stormed into the sitting room. Sun flowed into it through a large circular window that sat high on the wall. Two old elves sat in a sofa below it, talking. They both looked up as the young woman ran up to them.

“Where is Jonaleth? I waited an hour by the stables and he promised he would come. He promised.” The young woman whined.

“Oh dear, I think he went riding with the queen earlier. You know how smitten he is with her.” The elderly man said.

I loved this entire flashback; it's very easy to see Bodhi and Jonaleth start out like this.

In her coffin in the crypts below Athkatlas large necropolis, Bodhi´s eyes moved beneath her closed eyelids. A slight sneer had formed on her lips. It was not often that vampires dreamed but when they did it was with an unparalleled vividness. Most of her memories remained intact thanks to the undeath she had sought so early after their exile and this was something not even Irenicus knew of. There was a part in the vampiress that feared what would happen should her brother ever find out.

I think she's right to fear such a thing. If he'd known she had been partially right all along...

After being tossed out of Viconias room when she was going to change clothes, he had argued that he had already seen her naked but the Drow had responded with saying that he had to work for it;

I like your Sime.

Yoshimo sat next to Nalia and overlooked the flowing river. It felt good to be alone with her. She was a few years younger then him that were true but her smile managed to chase away such ideas. He had found that the young woman possessed an inner strength that would serve her well one day. It was good getting away from Groder as well. The mad mages hand hovered over him and the boy still. He looked over at Nalia; the wind was blowing her red bangs into her face.

“Are you sure you want to come with us to spellhold once we go there?” He asked carefully. “We may not come back.”

Aww :)

Ooh, she's just killing him, isn't she?

That's a pretty intense gesture!

#5 Guest_Scavenger_*

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

In the middle of the room, a girl with pink hair was strapped to a chair; an ugly scar that ran from over the girls left eye down to her jaw had closed what used to be an open and friendly face. Imoen was hanging her head and drew in ragged breaths. Below the chair a puddle of sweat, blood and piss had formed. Irenicus stood with his back towards her, writing notes in a book.

Poor Immy. You've created a quite disturbing picture.

He is such a cold-blooded bastard.

They were all jealous of their talents and intellect. Jealous of her bond with him and their close relationship. That was why those ingrates in the palace spread those vicious rumours about them, of course the queen had put a stop to those after she had sunken her claws into Bodhi`s brother. Their half-god queen would just gobble Jonaleth up and spit him out when she was done. He would never be good enough for a half-goddess. That was why they snickered so much behind his back and her own. He would be heart broken and she would have to pick up the pieces. This would not stand; they both deserved better then this. She would just have to figure out how.

Ah, Bodhi's motivations; sounds pretty possible to me. More believeable than old "they just wanted even more power for no reasons" anyway.

After being tossed out of Viconias room when she was going to change clothes, he had argued that he had already seen her naked but the Drow had responded with saying that he had to work for it;

Overall I suspect that mature, exotic, sexy Drow with decades of hm...specific experience is male teenager's dream came true.

So, he follows Tymora... Understandable choice for a Bhaalspawn, IMHO.

Pedophile alert :)

The words stabbed like knives at his heart. Yoshimo straightened and brought out his sword and held it out to Nalia

Ah, so even if in this story Yoshimo has no qualms about betraying his leader, he still has much to lose. It will be some sort of poetic justice if Nalia ends he life as Bodhi's dinner.

Yoshimo bowed low, his head almost touching the ground and held the sword up. Nalia took it.

“I accept.” She said and smiled. “But please keep it at least until we reach Spellhold.”

Yoshimo nodded and returned to sitting next to Nalia gazing of into the horizon.

Hm. His action hold some specific meaning in Kozakuran (i.e. Japan) culture, right?

Ugh. :) :) Adult man seducing fifteen years old boy is a truly disgusting creature for me, sorry. Viconia is at least more natural option, if only because the boy seems to be willing anyway... and I am not even sure that she is really pursuing Groder. I mean, in game she flirts with at least half of male NPC, mostly I think to make sure that her charm works, not to get a sex-partner (she rebuffs Edwin, for example). I would attribute her actions to her insecurity, not to her sexuality.

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

The POV changes were fun and easy to follow (favourite was Bodhi's little bit), so you didn't need to warn us. :)

Alright, thanks!

Gah, poor Imoen, poor Yoshimo and Nalia, some disturbing descriptions in the opening scene. :) But perhaps you could find another word for sarong, you have this scary and intimidating image of Irenicus, and then there it comes: the sarong, which it makes the one wearing it hard to take seriously or maybe that's just me. :)

Imoen, Yoshi and Nalia will not have fun times here....

I suppose I could change the sarong to a kilt or a piece of cloth but sarong describes the clothing in question perfectly... try to imagine an evil sarong :)

Wonder what HD is planning...and him even considering that Viconia might compromise: :)

Oh... He is going with the flow... no real plans but watching for opportunities...

Viconia is most likely not the sharing kind so...

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

Urgh… :)

Mmm... He is so charming isn`t he?

He read something he shouldn’t have read… there’s a reason why your parents are hiding certain books / letters from you, you know…

At least if you are the child of a dead evil god!

Not just for the kicks, though… all in the name of science.

Not that he will be showing the world any of his hrm... "findings"...

Wow… she was scary in that form… and she almost got him too!

Yep, a from she hopefully won`t have to let out to often. It was a close call for ol Irenicus... not that he would admit it...

Interesting, I thought Bodhi would have been incredibly hedonistic back in her elven days as well!

The image of whiney spoiled pre-exile Bodhi has been with for a long time for some reason.

Welcome to the world of grownups, Groder.

And he is ambivalent to the change...

Yeah, she didn’t appear trying to seduce him… or she was just doing that really poorly…

Viconia is just warding of potential threats... she has to keep the other females away you know :)

Hey, I am sure this would be the perfect investment for party’s funds.

Heh... some do belong to Vicky and she can do what she wants with them.

Why wait? :?

Party: You spent all our gold!!!!

Vic: It was for a good cause... me.

Trust me, you won’t get much gold from selling it… I’ve tried… :)

You would think it would be worth atleast 1g...

*feels violently sick* :)

I am sure you are not alone. :) Buckets are in the corner...

Viconia is perverted enough, but I think sharing with you Haer might be beneath her. :)

Heh... something like that. I don`t think Viconia would relish the thought of sharing.

#8 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

Not too grisly I hope?

Poor, poor Imoen :)

She does not have much look for a while in this story.

You have a gift when it comes to descriptions of horror!

Thank you!

I loved this entire flashback; it's very easy to see Bodhi and Jonaleth start out like this.

Thank you, I hope to add a few more of these.

I think she's right to fear such a thing. If he'd known she had been partially right all along...

Yes and also since he obsessess so over losing Ellesime (sp?) I think his reaction may be very violent.

The first one is a freebee! :)

I like your Sime.

Thanks

Aww :)

I am being really horrible to them...

Ooh, she's just killing him, isn't she?

That she is... poor girl...

That's a pretty intense gesture!

I hoped that it would be.

#9 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

[quote][quote]
In the middle of the room, a girl with pink hair was strapped to a chair; an ugly scar that ran from over the girls left eye down to her jaw had closed what used to be an open and friendly face. Imoen was hanging her head and drew in ragged breaths. Below the chair a puddle of sweat, blood and piss had formed. Irenicus stood with his back towards her, writing notes in a book.
[/quote]

[quote]

[/quote]
Poor Immy. You've created a quite disturbing picture.
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

He is such a cold-blooded bastard.
[/quote]

That he is...

[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]
Ah, Bodhi's motivations; sounds pretty possible to me. More believeable than old "they just wanted even more power for no reasons" anyway.
[/quote]

Yeah, I figured I should flesh out their backgrounds a wee bit.

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Overall I suspect that mature, exotic, sexy Drow with decades of hm...specific experience is male teenager's dream came true.
[/quote]

I would think so! :)

[quote]
[/quote]

So, he follows Tymora... Understandable choice for a Bhaalspawn, IMHO.
[/quote]

Yeah, she is a pretty open godess.

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Pedophile alert :)
[/quote]

My HAer is a nastier piece of work then most I am afraid.

[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

Ah, so even if in this story Yoshimo has no qualms about betraying his leader, he still has much to lose. It will be some sort of poetic justice if Nalia ends her life as Bodhi's dinner.
[/quote]

Ah yes... thiers is a tragic fate...

[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

Hm. His action hold some specific meaning in Kozakuran (i.e. Japan) culture, right?
[/quote]

I could not say really but I figure that weapons especially those that hve been past down would hold very great signifigance to any social class whose main emphasis was war.

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
Ugh. :) :) Adult man seducing fifteen years old boy is a truly disgusting creature for me, sorry. Viconia is at least more natural option, if only because the boy seems to be willing anyway... and I am not even sure that she is really pursuing Groder. I mean, in game she flirts with at least half of male NPC, mostly I think to make sure that her charm works, not to get a sex-partner (she rebuffs Edwin, for example). I would attribute her actions to her insecurity, not to her sexuality.[/quote]

Yes, Haer is quite unpleasant in this story. As for Viconia... there is safety in numbers and flirting with the leader is a good way of staying in those numbers. And Groder has albeit untapped power that intrigues her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com