Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 379

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:36 AM

Imoen simply reached forward and clenched a fist, and three shapeshifters froze on the spot. She hurled magic missles, and they shattered.

Edwin summoned a Fallen Planetar, and Adrian led the others forward in an all mighty charge. Frennendan was there too, hacking and slashing.

These Dopplegangers were strong for their kind. Much stronger than the Greater Dopplegangers Adrian had faced within and below Candlekeep, so long ago now.

Which meant they were a minor annoyance to Adrian's current troupe. Even Frennendan, with his small amount of time with the party, and assisting Edwin earlier, had grown beyond them in power.

The Dopplegangers made a purple-blood mess on the floor.

"Now then," said Adrian, and his voice was colder than Imoen's frost powers. "I was in the middle of going to confront the archmage who stole my soul when you mirrorkin interrupted me. I've been having a very bad time ever since I woke up in that bastard ex-elf's dungeon and you are NOT improving my mood. So, I can tear you through like a knife through butter, or you can give me Jan back and I leave you to conduct your affairs in peace. What do you say?"

There was a pause.

"If you are allied with--" here one of the purple-bandana Dopplegangers spoke a head-hurting jumble of unpronounceable syllables that was presumably Frennendan's real name--"then we have no quarrel with you regardless."

Frennendan whistled mirrorkin laughter. "Since when is anyone in the ivory tower pleased to see me as anything other than slave?"

"Because of outside interference. A mortal mage has intervened."

"Irenicus?" Imoen said, torn between fear and anger.

The Doppleganger shook it's head. "That is not what he calls himself."

"Besides, he's after the Elven city by now," said Tree.

"I think I understand," said Edwin. "You purple-armband mirrorkin resist this mage, and the orange band ones serve him."

"Just so," the mirrorkin agreed.

"Well, that's nice. I would guess then that these orange faction ones have our friend, or their mage master does. Lead us to them and well handle the rest?"

"Are you sure--" the Doppleganger began.

Frennendan cut it off. "It's not wise to argue with the Bhaalspawn. Let's just be done with it?"

"Bhaalspawn?" the Doppleganger cursed in it's own langauge, or at least that's what Adrian presumed it did. "Very well."

The Dopplegangers led them forward.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com