Planar Escapades: The Plane of Water

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:14 AM

Soren managed to lift Andi out of the water, and carry her into teh tent. He sat down, holding her in his lap to stop the spear catching on teh ground and aggrevating the wound.

'Just hold on, Andi, Arven will be here soon.'

#42 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:22 AM

Arven gasped. "Andi!" She ran over to her and put her hands on the woman's shoulders. This way she won't feel anything. Her hands glowed for a moment. Then Arven pulled the spear free quickly and tossed it to the side of the tent.

Skin mended quickly as Arven closed her eyes and focused on the task at hand, placing one hand over Andi's wound.

oooh. . . no one hurts my patients. "You ok, Andi?" She'll be weak for a while, but should be fine.

#43 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:30 AM

Sound rippled through the water, but Allian didn't stop to see how effective it was. The gemmed mage had been hurt and because of it the Bhaalspawn had left battle, not that he was averse to the decrease in slaughter but the odds were looking grim suddenly. He sighed, Tritons were resistant to magic, and Allian had left his weapons in storage, along with his other items. And now was not the time to retrieve them. SO instead he swam forward and began punching at one of the nearest Tritons while attempting to tear its spear from its hand.

#44 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:27 AM

The two triton's that had been covering the 'sky' were not doing so well. The one that had been aiming the spear down at Andi had Kosj's poison pumped into it's neck directly, and was holding it's neck, making choking noises and thrashing about twitching. The second one, the one that had been aiming it's spear down at Anna had not heard or even sensed Dekaras until he had it by the throat and had stabbed upwards. That one died the moment the dagger hit it's heart.

Meanwhile, closer to the 'ground', Anna had just whirlwind sliced through the triton that had been occupying her attention. Two pieces of it separated into floating debris, trailing a great swirling of blood into the water... the nearest shark dove eagerly into it, swallowing both parts of the corpse in one pass.

The first one she had killed had already been swallowed by the other shark which was on the other side at the moment.

Andi had managed to kill the Triton who had stabbed her with the spear, charring him beyond even edibility to the sharks.

Austho had one of the triton's engaged with him in battle, and had in fact slammed it in the head with a suddenly shortened swing with his heavy mace...the hit stunned it and it has not recovered its senses yet to attempt another swing with it's spear. Another one is coming up to him beside his stunned companion.

Allian cast his sound burst, affecting two of the tritons who were both within the radius of effect. They are both stunned. He pulled the spear out of one of their hands, and now had a weapon.

The last triton seems to be out by itself looking towards Anna on one side and back towards the tent, where Andi, Soren and Arven are all inside.

#45 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:02 AM

After the shock came a wave of serious pain, she was being carried somewhere, and she was confused. She didn't recognize the room. She was looking up at her brother's face. He was holding her. "Ji-jirend?" She said, brow furrowing. "What's happening?" She looked around, where was everyone? Where were they? How did the pain happen? Where did that water come from?

Andi! Andi it's ok! A voice said in her head...a nice familiar soothing voice. Kosj. And now she was looking at a familiar face, though she didn't know how she knew this girl... Her hands touched Andi's shoulders... and she pulled the spear out, though it didn't hurt. Andi now recognized Arven, and Soren and the tent, and the wound was closing up. Andi looked up at Arven.

"You ok, Andi?" Arven asked.

"Yes." She said. "Yes, thanks." She said, shaking off the confusion. It was hard for her to accept that just a moment ago she couldn't remember that her brother was dead or...where she was. And she was so very tired. "But I'm not likely to be very good in battle at the moment. I have no spells left...the large spell was a big bluff. If I'd casted that on the ground or anywhere near us, it would have destroyed us too...or the boiling water would have cooked us. I was hoping to bluff our way out of it totally. I guess I should have guessed that some would take it as me being an evil wizard out to destroy their plane or take something from them." She frowned. "I used most of my spells enchanting the clothes...and honestly, that's why the strike didn't disembowel me completely, really the armor enchantment saved me from being...well, splattered, really...but since I'm completely useless out there.. do you think I could stay in here?" She said. Her father was right, she really was useless. She'd let them down. And now she was being a coward. "I mean, I could got out there and be a target if it'd make it easier...but I'm not exactly graceful." She frowned.

No. Graceful you aren't. Kosj said. But I can swim circles around you! He said. I'll stay close to you this time, I swear!

#46 Laufey

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

One more, Dekaras thought, heading for the last remaining triton. It was some distance away from him, so he couldn't reach it directly without it spotting him.

Unless...

He grasped the dead triton by the shoulders, raising it like a shield between himself and the live one, and swam as quickly as he dared. With some luck, the live triton would see only a drifting carcass until he got close enough to strike.
Rogues do it from behind.

#47 Guest_SmartAzz_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

The shark that had not eaten a corpse yet seemed to be closing in on the group, and because everybody seemed to be busy with the Tritons, nobody seemed to have noticed this. Austho decided that he needed to do more than 'just' give a warning; to give his new 'allies' a chance to notice this new threat, he had to distract the sharks for a (short) while. The Sharks were clearly attracted to blood so he decided to swim to the triton that he had stunned, take his spear and thrust it into it's eye. It was dangerous, because the sharks probably wouldn't settle for just one meal, but it was the only thing he could think of.

It was only after he had thought of this plan that he noticed that the battlefield was getting rather empty... the wizard was gone, and he saw Allian and this Anna, this child of Bhaal as she had been so extremely proud to call herself as his only allies left on the battlefield. But then how did so many die, and... how could a triton with it's head hanging down like that walk? Hmmm more things for later, for now I'll start the plan with a warning: SHARK!

#48 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

"Ok!" Arven called at the warning of the Shark. "If you want to stay, Andi, s'ok." She stepped through the water and swam over to the shark, reaching out to it. "Don't kill it! It's just hungry and confused!!" SHe swam over, her skirt tangling about her feet as she swam. Hello there. Sorry we had to hurt people, and we know you're hungry. . . but we're not food, ok? She knew the shark wouldn't hurt her as she swam beside it, keeping pace with it.

#49 Laufey

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

The surviving triton must have noticed something was wrong, for it started to turn around, looking surprised. Now aiming for speed rather than subterfuge, Dekaras dropped the corpse and went for the triton's throat instead. It went down, but not without cost. He just had time to realize how much slower dodging was underwater before the triton's spear ripped his thigh open. Judging from the rate at which their blood was mingling in the water, it was no mere fleshwound either.

#50 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

Arven winced. "Dekaras!" She squeaked. "I'll be right back," she said to the shark. "Go home now, ok?"

She quickly swam over to Dekaras. "Hold still." She reached out and touched him on the shoulder, drawing on her magic so that he felt no pain. The blood filled the water, and she wanted to retch, but she had a duty to do. She closed her eyes and focussed; his wound began to heal.

#51 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:05 AM

Anna steered away from the tent were she had been keeping guard in case one of the tritions came close. She had changed her mind, Soren needed to do some of the killing too. Was his sword just for show or what?

-PROBABLY JUST FOR SHOW. AND IT'S SUCH A BIG SWORD, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT MEN AND LARGE SWORDS...-

-No, I don't. What?- She thought back at him.

-NEVERMIND... JUST GO KILL SOMETHING.- Bhaal sighed. She just shrugged and went towards the fight. Two tritions came at her. She caught the spear one was holding and spun him around, then gave him a hard kick in the middle of his back and sent him flying to the enterance of the tent.

"Soren here comes one to play!" She shouted as she rounded on the other. "I'm going to eat your heart." She growled at it.

#52 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:26 AM

Allian swiftly knocked out the two stunned Tritons with the blunt end of the spear before scanning the battlefield. Seeing only Anna and Austho left fighting the creature's save for one flying? towards the tent. Deciding that both could handle themselves quite well he began a spell of Sleep spell on the remaining shark.

#53 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:44 AM

The shark that Arven had dismissed swam away. The other huge shark, however was quite interested in the next meal. This shark didn't get twenty five feet long without being a hungry creature. Blood was dancing in the water, and it couldn't see all that well, but it could smell a lot of blood, fresh. It swooped in, swallowing two pre stabbed tritons whole when it smacked into two other creatures. What were these? They weren't tritons. They didn't smell quite right, but one was bleeding, and the blood had been mixed with the triton blood. It might taste good. It swam back around...for a second it felt puzzled. Like tiredness maybe, or lethargy. But it shook itself and then circled back around, waiting to open its jaws for when it neared the two new creatures.

#54 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:47 AM

Soren grinned at the oncoming Triton. The poor beast gaped, and desperately tried to backpedal, but Soren lunged forward, running through the creature, impaling it to the hilt. Snarling into it's face, Soren twisted the blade, and spoke a word that sent chills down it's spine.

From the hilt of Annaiya's sword, frost began to flow. It coated the blade, and more horrifyingly, the Triton. As it's body began to freeze from the wund, it cried out in pain and terror, only halting when the ice covered it's mouth.

Soon, the entire beast was frozen solid, and Soren withdrew the sword from the ice sculpture that remained. He looked at it for a moment, before slamming the pommel of the sword down on it's forehead.

The triton shattered.

'I love this sword,' Soren muttered.

#55 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:33 AM

Andi watched as Soren killed the Triton. She watched in dull fascination. Soren was the only thing that kept her from dying from that Triton...but she couldn't help but feel a chill of fear watching the Triton shatter like that. She knew it was magic...but it shattered.

#56 Laufey

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:45 AM

Dekaras kept as still as possible, waiting for the healing to take effect. He could feel the wound beginning to close, but he was still a little dizzy from the bloodloss. He blinked, trying to keep himself alert. He didn't dare do otherwise, the tritons might be dealt with, but the sharks...

Where are the sharks?

#57 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

The shark didn't sleep, and it was coming upon two of the Primes. Allian threw his spear towards them so that they'd have a weapon and grabbed the other Triton's spear. When he got it he threw it viciously at the still moving shark.

#58 Guest_SmartAzz_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

"Ok!" Arven called at the warning of the Shark. "If you want to stay, Andi, s'ok." She stepped through the water and swam over to the shark, reaching out to it. "Don't kill it! It's just hungry and confused!!" SHe swam over, her skirt tangling about her feet as she swam. Hello there. Sorry we had to hurt people, and we know you're hungry. . . but we're not food, ok? She knew the shark wouldn't hurt her as she swam beside it, keeping pace with it.

What is that woman talking about? She wants us to risk our lives just so that the shark doesn't get a scratch? Then he swam to the shark and swung at it as hard as he could.

#59 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

Arven ducked as the newcomer's spear flew over her head and into the shark.

"It -- it wouldn't've hurt us. . " she said softly. It is not the knight's way to kill without need. "But. . ooh, is everyone alright?" She looked around.

#60 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Anna was finished with her trition, and by finished she meant that she carved an opening in it's chest and eaten the heart out alive. She pulled her face out of the cavity, the water taking the blood from her hair and face away.

"Yum, salty." She noticed the elf and the other attacking the shark and was enraged. "It's just an animal, you fools! How dare you, murderers!" She growled at them, raising her swords at them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com