Beloved Child 24

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:07 AM

As I wrote previosuly here is another chapter of Beloved Child a bit earlier then usual. Groder and co will take a break for the holidays and will be back either around new years och in the beginning of january.

Please enjoy the first of a few ehh... intresting chapters.

Beloved Child 24

After they had finished the meal, the party assembled in their suites common room. Haer`Dalis began with politely reminding Viconia and Groder that they had rehearsals that evening after the actors had finished their current play for the night.

“Well then, since we have about 10000 gold and now only need to raise about 5000 more for the shadow thieves we need at least one more job.” Groder said.

“As I suggested before we were interrupted the last time, the government district may provide lucrative opportunities.” Yoshimo commented.

“It is a sensible idea although we should be wary of who we deal with.” Jaheira said.

“Well, we have little other choice, I doubt things will fall into our laps.” Groder stood up. “Shall we go?”

The party moved through the streets heading north towards the city’s centre of power. They had just left the large bridge behind when they were stopped by a group of men dressed in the garbs of the city’s guard. A familiar blonde man strode out from the group.

“Isaea…” Nalia sighed. “What now? Does the word no not penetrate your head?”

“Oh my, I will have to chalk that up to stress. I am afraid as an officer of the city’s guard it is my duty to ensure the safety of its citizenens; in fact sometimes I have to protect the citizens from themselves.” The man straightened a bit and raised his voice.

“Nalia De`Arnise, in my power as an officer of the guard I place you under arrest for your own well being. It is obvious that these people have taken advantage of your grief and stress over losing both your home and father.”

“They have done no such thing!” Nalia cried.

Isaea motioned for the guards to advance. Two of them grabbed Nalia by the arms. Yoshimo drew his blade so fast it was only a blur. The others moved their hands to their weapons as well.

“I trust you are smart enough not to attack an officer doing his duty?” He asked. “I see you seem quite upset. I suggest you file a report to the proper authorities.” Isaea smiled.
“This would be me.”

Again he motioned for the guards and they all began moving away, dragging a waling Nalia with them. Yoshimo`s face was an open mask of anger and he began swearing in Kozakuran.

“I want to smash his face in.” Groder said. “We don’t have time for these sort of things!”

“That would not be advisable; we need to seek out his superiors and solve this somehow.” Jaheira cautioned.

“I think I can help.” A raspy voice said from behind the party. They turned and found a man with wild eyes standing before them. He glanced around in a paranoid fashion. A cotton bag hung over his leather clad shoulder.

“I am Khellor Ahmson and I have followed Isaea Roenall for a long time, a long time indeed.” The man licked his lips. “This isn’t his first abuse but it may be the last.”

“What do you mean?” Yoshimo said hotly.

“The young Roenall has his fingers in many dirty ventures. Smuggling, slavery and he may be behind the fate that befell the De`Arnises.” Ahmson rubbed his hands together and looked around again. The man seemed mad.

“The trolls did talk of someone they called stronger.” Viconia mused. “That human mage with them was a mystery as well.”

“I saw his corpse. That would have been Artas, a mage that worked close to the slavers.” Khellor said. “And as such close to Isaea!” The man laughed with a deep rumble. “Oh… your sins are finding you out!”

He reached into his bag and retrieved a parchment. It held crude sketches of two men.

“Seek out these two men, Barg and Dirth they are called, they can be found by the docks. Get what you can from them and give whatever evidence you find to Corgeig Axehand. He is Isaeas superior. You could also seek evidence in Isaeas manor here in the city. It lies in the government district.” Ahmson continued in his raspy voice.

“There is a party there tonight.” He procured several closed envelopes from his bag. “Invitations I lifted from the messenger, they do not state names only the fact that one is invited. It is an ordinary party, the lord and lady Roenall will be there as well.” The man shoved them and the paper with the sketches into Yoshimo`s hands. “Use them well. We may see each other again.”

The man that had called himself Khellor Ahmson took off and disappeared into the crowds.

Two hours later the party was assembled in the Flagons playhouse together with a few of the actors.

“So we must mask our sparrow and his raven so they can enter the kidnapper’s lair?” Raelis said. “I think I have the perfect idea, it was a party yes?” The grey skinned woman smiled broadly. She moved over to Groder and undid the knot holding his hair in a ponytail. The golden hair spread down his back and shoulders and Raelis grin grew bigger. Her eyes glinted with excitement.

Jaheira nodded and explained.

“The rest of us will seek out the men pointed out for us by this Khellor Ahmson. Groder and Haer`Dalis will seek evidence in his manor home.”

“I still do not think we can trust this Ahmson” Viconia said. “It seemed too fortuitous that he should arrive just as the jaluk was taking the mageling away.”

“I agree but he did say that he had followed Isaea around for long time and unfortunately he seems to be our best chance.” Jaheira responded. “We have little other choice if Groder and Haer`Dalis is unsuccessful in finding anything at Isaeas. We need hard evidence for Axehand.”

“What if Nalia is at his home. Couldn’t we just rescue her?” Groder asked.

“No.” Yoshimo growled and punched the crate he was sitting on. “He arrested her in his capacity as a government official so any attempt to rescue her would constitute a crime.”

“Why not just commit a murder while we are there then?” The boy asked and stroked his chin.

“If the accusations of this Ahmson are true then he does deserve punishment but before we know that, any actions taken against him will have legal reproductions against us as we are fairly well known to Isaea and probably those around him.” Jaheira said.

“Is it decided what you shall do then?” Raeils asked.

“It does seem that way.” Groder sighed.

“We begin the transformation at once!” The actress cried and motioned for Groder and Haer`Dalis to follow her into the changing room. The rest of the party began laying out strategies for how they would handle the men in the docks district. After a while Groder`s voice sounded through the door

“I am not wearing that!” He shouted.

“Come now, my Raven. The illusion will be grand.” Haer`Dalis laughter spilled out as well.

There were sounds of struggle from behind the door together with Raelis light laughter and the remaining party exchanged looks.

“Alright, Alright but I am not wearing those frilly things!” Groder`s voice sounded through the door again. After some twenty minutes the door opened again. Haer`Dalis stepped out, his hair had gone from purple to blond and he was dressed in black. Makeup covered his facial tattoos. He looked more elven then he had ever done. Raeils came out after him with enthusiasm in her steps and a smile on her face.

“She will be the envy of women for years to come!” She cried. “Behold the transformation from raven to blue bird.” She swept aside dramatically and revealed Groder behind her.

The boy had been transformed into a girl. He wore a blue and white dress; blonde hair framed his face in which the makeup now accented green eyes and ruby red lips. A slight blush coloured his cheeks. Groder stood holding his hands together in front of him in a demure fashion.

“Not bad…” Jaheira ventured. “Are you sure this will work?” She asked Raelis and Haer`Dalis. The two actors nodded.

“It better work…” Groder mumbled as he walked up to them.

“My Raven…” Haer`Dalis intoned.

“I mean, it better work.” The boy repeated in much lighter tone.

Yoshimo and Viconia both looked as if they were struggling not to laugh.

“Do not care about them, men will lust for you and women will be filled with jealousy at the sight of you.” Raelis snapped her finger.

Haer`Dalis took one of Groder`s gloved hands.

“Rehearsal then.” He said. “I am Dalis, your steward and you are?”

Groder sighed then he smiled and curtsied towards the party, spreading the dress with his hands.

“Giovanna Empathica of Baldur`s Gate. Daughter of Lord Roger Empathica and the Lady Eve.” He said.

“Splendid!” Raelis clapped her hands. “This will make up for the missed rehearsals tonight”

“We should start with our respective missions then.” Jaheira said, remaining serious. “Since Groder and Haer`Dalis will remain here until the evening I suggest you spend the time to practice your roles.”

The rented carriage rocked gently as it made its way through the darkening city streets towards the government district. Groder and Haer`Dalis was sitting opposite to each other. The boy kept tugging at the dress he wore.

“Worried, my Raven?” Haer`Dalis asked.

“I still don`t know why I agreeded to this.” The boy said in what was supposed to be Giovannas light voice.

The bard laughed.

“At least you are still in character.” Haer`Dalis arranged his hair so that the tops of his ears poked through the sides. “So long as no one looks too closely at my ears or teeth we shall be fine I think.” Then he winked at Groder. “I must say you look fine in that dress.”

Groder looked out the carriages window at the passing walls and alleys.

“It is disturbingly comfortable.” He said more to himself then the bard then he turned toward his companion.

“Hold on, would it not seem suspicus that someone as young as I appear at that party?”

Haer`Dalis shook his head.

“It is not uncommon that those on the verge on adulthood accompany their parents to these things. The parents look for future husbands and wives for their offspring.”

The scene outside the windows had changed and now showed the park that dominated the square in front of the council building. After a while the carriage stopped alongside a few others that stood outside a small manor that lay a bit southeast of the council building. Groder and Haer`Dalis heard the coachman get off and soon the door of the carriage was opened. The boy took a deep breath and stood. He took the outreached hand of the coachman and smiled his most radiant smile. The coachman, an older man whose hair had been lost to age smiled back.

“Here ye go mi lady.” He said and helped Groder down.

“Thank you.” Gorder in the role of Giovanna Empathica answered.

Haer`Dalis came out after Groder and handed the coachman some gold.

“There is more for you if you wait. I do not imagine we shall be long.” The actor told the elderly man who nodded in response.

Haer`Dalis took Groders hand and they both walked towards the manor whose windows were bathing the small court in warm yellow light. Laughter and conversation spilled through the open double doors.

“We will have to assume the evidence we seek is in some private room, perhaps on the second floor.” Haer`Dalis nodded towards the dark second story windows.

“We will have to take any chance to get away for the crowd.” Groder whispered back.

They were stopped at the entrance by a butler and an armed guard.

“Invitation?” The butler asked and looked down at Groder from his beak like nose.

Haer`Dalis handed him two envelopes and after inspecting both of the invitations the butler nodded to the guard who moved out of the way.

“Welcome then…” He began.

“Giovanna Empathica of Baldurs Gate and this is my steward Dalis.” Groder curtsied.

“Please enter.” The man now smiled at them.

Entering the house they almost immediately came upon a large ballroom after traversing the small entrance hall. Both of them had noted the guarded stairs in the beginning of the hall.
The ballroom was crowded with men and women in suits and dresses. There were as Haer`Dalis had said also a good number of teenagers around. The butler had followed them and announced to the crowd.

“The Lady Giovanna Empaticha of Baldur`s Gate and company!”

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

Hmm. *is suspicious and intrigued*

The party moved through the streets heading north towards the city’s centre of power. They had just left the large bridge behind when they were stopped by a group of men dressed in the garbs of the city’s guard. A familiar blonde man strode out from the group.

Ah, Isaea… he doesn’t waste any time at all.

“I trust you are smart enough not to attack an officer doing his duty?” He asked. “I see you seem quite upset. I suggest you file a report to the proper authorities.” Isaea smiled.
“This would be me.”

Don’t worry… we can always go one step above you, pipsqueak.

“I think I can help.” A raspy voice said from behind the party. They turned and found a man with wild eyes standing before them. He glanced around in a paranoid fashion. A cotton bag hung over his leather clad shoulder.

Very convenient of him to show up when he did! :P

“There is a party there tonight.” He procured several closed envelopes from his bag. “Invitations I lifted from the messenger, they do not state names only the fact that one is invited. It is an ordinary party, the lord and lady Roenall will be there as well.” The man shoved them and the paper with the sketches into Yoshimo`s hands. “Use them well. We may see each other again.”

So no waltzing into an empty mansion and picking the Incriminating Evidence from a bookshelf?

“So we must mask our sparrow and his raven so they can enter the kidnapper’s lair?” Raelis said. “I think I have the perfect idea, it was a party yes?” The grey skinned woman smiled broadly. She moved over to Groder and undid the knot holding his hair in a ponytail. The golden hair spread down his back and shoulders and Raelis grin grew bigger. Her eyes glinted with excitement.

Groder and Haer? I suppose Viconia and Yoshimo are too exotic and would attract too much attention. Jaheira has probably worked as a spy before, so she would know how to act. But she probably doesn’t like it. :D

“Alright, Alright but I am not wearing those frilly things!” Groder`s voice sounded through the door again. After some twenty minutes the door opened again. Haer`Dalis stepped out, his hair had gone from purple to blond and he was dressed in black. Makeup covered his facial tattoos. He looked more elven then he had ever done. Raeils came out after him with enthusiasm in her steps and a smile on her face.

So basically, she transformed him into Legolas?

The boy had been transformed into a girl. He wore a blue and white dress; blonde hair framed his face in which the makeup now accented green eyes and ruby red lips. A slight blush coloured his cheeks. Groder stood holding his hands together in front of him in a demure fashion.

This is both… embarrassing and hilarious! :)

“Do not care about them, men will lust for you and women will be filled with jealousy at the sight of you.” Raelis snapped her finger.

I thought he would rather want the women to lust after him and the men to be envious! :shock:

“At least you are still in character.” Haer`Dalis arranged his hair so that the tops of his ears poked through the sides. “So long as no one looks too closely at my ears or teeth we shall be fine I think.” Then he winked at Groder. “I must say you look fine in that dress.”

Oh, I just knew that he will start making passes right away!

“It is disturbingly comfortable.” He said more to himself then the bard then he turned toward his companion.

Aye, just ask the kilt-wearing Scotsmen! :roll:

“There is more for you if you wait. I do not imagine we shall be long.” The actor told the elderly man who nodded in response.

Hmm, but what if Groder really takes to dancing? :shock:

Entering the house they almost immediately came upon a large ballroom after traversing the small entrance hall. Both of them had noted the guarded stairs in the beginning of the hall.
The ballroom was crowded with men and women in suits and dresses. There were as Haer`Dalis had said also a good number of teenagers around. The butler had followed them and announced to the crowd.

This isn’t going to end well, is it? :roll:

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:39 PM

[quote]
[/quote]

Very few things are capable of penetrating skulls that thick. Feel free to experiment with sharp pointy things, though.

[quote]
“Oh my, I will have to chalk that up to stress. I am afraid as an officer of the city’s guard it is my duty to ensure the safety of its citizenens; in fact sometimes I have to protect the citizens from themselves.” The man straightened a bit and raised his voice.
[/quote]

:P

[quote]
“Nalia De`Arnise, in my power as an officer of the guard I place you under arrest for your own well being. It is obvious that these people have taken advantage of your grief and stress over losing both your home and father.”
[/quote]

You can smell the power abuse for miles!

[quote]
“This would be me.”
[/quote]

Miles, I said? You can smell it on other planets.

[quote]
Again he motioned for the guards and they all began moving away, dragging a waling Nalia with them. Yoshimo`s face was an open mask of anger and he began swearing in Kozakuran.
[/quote]

:D

[/quote]

Why hello there.

[quote]

The man that had called himself Khellor Ahmson took off and disappeared into the crowds.
[/quote]

He is very informative and resourceful for a crazy man, isn't he?

[quote]
[/quote]

I think I see where this is going...

[quote]
“If the accusations of this Ahmson are true then he does deserve punishment but before we know that, any actions taken against him will have legal reproductions against us as we are fairly well known to Isaea and probably those around him.” Jaheira said.
[/quote]

The expression is 'legal repercussions' :roll:

[quote]
[/quote]

Oh I like the sound of this :)

[quote]
[/quote]

Purty!

[quote]
[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :roll:

[quote]
[/quote]

I dare say Groder has a feminine side! :evil:

[quote]
“The Lady Giovanna Empaticha of Baldur`s Gate and company!”[/quote]

I look forward to seeing what'll happen next!

#4 Guest_Ananke_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

Heh. As always, I have trouble doing those line-for-line comments. So, let me just say that men playing at women are an instant hit with this member of the audience. :D

Although I have no idea how Groder can possibly say that a dress is comfortable. Unless he isn't wearing any underskirts? :)

And I adore how Haer'Dalis is constantly hitting on Groder, whatever his shape and form. :P (Btw, can I ask how old Groder is? Because you always describe him as a 'boy', and he does often behave as a younger teen... In which case, hands off the child, sparrow!)

#5 Guest_sparrow_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:45 PM

Interesting indeed! :) Disguises, Groder in a dress and a flirty HD, it really doesn't get much better than this. :P And aww for Yoshimo getting protective over Nalia.

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

Hmm. *is suspicious and intrigued*

Heh... good... :shock:

Ah, Isaea… he doesn’t waste any time at all.

No, he has power to abuse after all.

“This would be me.”

Don’t worry… we can always go one step above you, pipsqueak.

I never really got how he could be so smug about it since he had commanding officers that may not enjoy his kidnapping ways.

Very convenient of him to show up when he did! :wink:

Of course! Spies have a nack for that sort of thing.

So no waltzing into an empty mansion and picking the Incriminating Evidence from a bookshelf?

Alas no, that was a bit weird in the game.

Groder and Haer? I suppose Viconia and Yoshimo are too exotic and would attract too much attention. Jaheira has probably worked as a spy before, so she would know how to act. But she probably doesn’t like it. :lol:

I kind of have problems envisoning Jaheria as a noble lady. She could most likely pull it off but then I would not get to have fun with cross dressing. :)

So basically, she transformed him into Legolas?

I never saw that until now... heh... Legolas... he was better in the books.

This is both… embarrassing and hilarious! :twisted:

Oh yes! :D

I thought he would rather want the women to lust after him and the men to be envious! :)

Of course but that would not do for a young lady. :D

Oh, I just knew that he will start making passes right away!

Haer is a predictable libertine and you know Groder just loves the attention.

Aye, just ask the kilt-wearing Scotsmen! :D

But scots don`t have underwear!

Hmm, but what if Groder really takes to dancing? :)

Well, he is paid to wait. Oh, and Groder will be doing some dancing.

This isn’t going to end well, is it? :D

It depends on your defention of well :(

A certain tiefling will think that it ends well in any case. :(

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

Very few things are capable of penetrating skulls that thick. Feel free to experiment with sharp pointy things, though.

He he... He would of course be able to understand even less then. :(

:shock:

But... but he is so sincere!

You can smell the power abuse for miles!

Oh, yeah and someone has the scent.

“This would be me.”

Miles, I said? You can smell it on other planets.

:lol:

:wink:

He is going to see Nalia in a worse situation when spellhold rolls around. :D

Why hello there.

It is the mysterious spy!

He is very informative and resourceful for a crazy man, isn't he?

Yep, crazy does not mean stupid.

I think I see where this is going...

The expression is 'legal repercussions' :D

I still wonder how I miss errors like that...

Oh I like the sound of this :twisted:

Purty!

Groder is not going to say thank you so I will in his stead. :(

:) :) :)

Can`t you just feel the fun coming?

I dare say Groder has a feminine side! :D

Heh... He will never admit it!

I look forward to seeing what'll happen next!

Thank you and I hope you will enjoy.

#8 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

Heh. As always, I have trouble doing those line-for-line comments. So, let me just say that men playing at women are an instant hit with this member of the audience. :lol:

It’s okay and of course cross dressing is fun. It has been a staple of literature since Shakespeare. :wink:

Although I have no idea how Groder can possibly say that a dress is comfortable. Unless he isn't wearing any underskirts? :twisted:

Not underskirts really... I should not have removed Groder`s "small frilly undergarment" comment.

And I adore how Haer'Dalis is constantly hitting on Groder, whatever his shape and form. :shock: (Btw, can I ask how old Groder is? Because you always describe him as a 'boy', and he does often behave as a younger teen... In which case, hands off the child, sparrow!)

Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoy the coming chapters.

As for his age, Groder is fifteen.

#9 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:03 AM

Interesting indeed! :twisted: Disguises, Groder in a dress and a flirty HD, it really doesn't get much better than this. :shock: And aww for Yoshimo getting protective over Nalia.

Glad you liked it!

#10 Guest_Scavenger_*

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

Words only work on someone with brain.

“I am Khellor Ahmson and I have followed Isaea Roenall for a long time, a long time indeed.” The man licked his lips. “This isn’t his first abuse but it may be the last.”

“The young Roenall has his fingers in many dirty ventures. Smuggling, slavery and he may be behind the fate that befell the De`Arnises.” Ahmson rubbed his hands together and looked around again. The man seemed mad.

And his next line will be something about Isaea participating in the assassianation of Kennedy. Or collaborating with small grey humans. :)

“She will be the envy of women for years to come!” She cried. “Behold the transformation from raven to blue bird.” She swept aside dramatically and revealed Groder behind her.

Poor guy.

“Giovanna Empathica of Baldur`s Gate. Daughter of Lord Roger Empathica and the Lady Eve.” He said.

“Splendid!” Raelis clapped her hands. “This will make up for the missed rehearsals tonight”

Hm, frankly speaking I am not sure that Groder can just make himself out a noble's daughter without prolonged rehearsals. Etiquette, manner of speech, lack of special education like heraldry (if applicable to FR)...
But from the other hand, he is pretending to be from another country.

Maybe you would like woman's clothes more than man's, Groder ).

Good luck, guys. You will need it :)

#11 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:44 PM

Words only work on someone with brain.

Oh, but his brain is merley... selective of the information it obtains.

And his next line will be something about Isaea participating in the assassianation of Kennedy. Or collaborating with small grey humans. :)

It is the little grey halflings! They are behind everything!

Poor guy.

He is not too happy about it. :)

Hm, frankly speaking I am not sure that Groder can just make himself out a noble's daughter without prolonged rehearsals. Etiquette, manner of speech, lack of special education like heraldry (if applicable to FR)...
But from the other hand, he is pretending to be from another country.

Nobility is not exactly different in Baldurs Gate but it is true they had little time so it is down to luck and improv. :D

Maybe you would like woman's clothes more than man's, Groder ).

Groder: *embarrassed* They were just comfortable that is all...

Good luck, guys. You will need it :P

Oh yeah...

#12 Weyoun

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:55 PM

After they had finished the meal, the party assembled in their suites common room. Haer`Dalis began with politely reminding Viconia and Groder that they had rehearsals that evening after the actors had finished their current play for the night.

Hm, rehearsals... yay? :?

Nothing penetrates his head... well, maybe a big sword would. :)

“Why not just commit a murder while we are there then?” The boy asked and stroked his chin.

Hm, not a bad thought. :)

I don't think that's comforting. :lol:

Simple name, that. :)

“Giovanna Empathica of Baldurs Gate and this is my steward Dalis.” Groder curtsied.

*snicker* :oops:

Nice going, Dame Edna! :D
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#13 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:33 PM

[quote][quote]
[/quote]

Hm, rehearsals... yay? ;)
[/quote]

Yep, Groder was press ganged into the acting troupe in one of the early chapters. I am of course going to forget about this and Mr. T will say: I pity the fool that forgets his own subplots!

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Nothing penetrates his head... well, maybe a big sword would. :D
[/quote]

And make a nice ventilating hole!

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Hm, not a bad thought. ;)
[/quote]

Nope, but there are certain legal obstacles…

[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

I don't think that's comforting. ;)
[/quote]

Of course not ;)

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Simple name, that. ;)
[/quote]

Yep.... ;)

[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

*snicker* :)
[/quote]

Groder is thrilled! :(

[quote]
[quote]

“The Lady Giovanna Empaticha of Baldur`s Gate and company!”[/quote]
[/quote]

Nice going, Dame Edna! ;)[/quote]

:)

So much horror awaits him. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com