Ember's Tale 54: Appearances

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Scavenger_*

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:14 PM

The commander led them up the narrow staircase to a smaller chamber. It was sparsely furnitured, and two doors led away from the room. A tall man in gleaming armor stood in one of the doorways.

"Let me introduce you to Grand Duke Eltan, one of the lords of the city, commander of the Flaming Fist and member of the Lord's Alliance," Scar said, a note of pride in his voice.

Sounds like an important person, hehe.

"I am glad to see that you have come," Duke Eltan said with a broad smile. Ember immediately liked the man. "If you would follow me, we may talk more comfortably," the duke said, and led them all through one of the doors into what had to be the duke's meeting room. The room was dominated by a large table, surrounded by a dozen chairs. The walls were completely covered with bookshelves except where the torch holders were, and daylight drifted in through more of the small windows they'd seen below. A bowl of fruit stood on the table.

Small, neat details, as always :D

Minsc looked up from the apple slivers he'd been feeding Boo. "Minsc and Boo need no gold when there is evil that needs buttkicking!" he cried.

Remember these words then you will ask for a "bigger sword" again, Minscy...

"I can't say I look forward to breaking into the Iron Throne," Ember said. "Who knows what we'll be up against?"

"You know, I've been thinking about that. We don't have to just barge in," Imoen said. "We could try to be a bit sneaky this time instead."

"Oh?"

"We could pretend we were supposed to be there! Disguise ourselves as merchants, or something. I mean, they must have real guests all the time, right?"

Good thinking, Imoen. All-out assault on the respected trading company's headquarters might cause all kinds of problems anyway. And low ranked Flaming Fists would try to interfere most likely...

"Minsc does not know how to speak like merchants, and Boo cannot do it for me," Minsc said in a low voice.

A pity. Hamster merchant with his loyal bodyguard - that would be a blast!

"That sounds like good advice," Ember said. "But you see, I am a druid. I don't have a sword, and I am not even allowed to use one."

"Druid?"

"Yes. See, I have a staff, and no chainmail."

Ah, I kniew that her change of a profession must have a reason... :)

"And that is why we need disguises," Ember said as soon as the ogre was out of sight.

Indeed. But Minsc with Boo is kind of hard to disguise, methinks. :)

#22 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:39 AM

"Yes, I am aware of that effect." Edwin said testily. "(Especially because it is intentional. How else would the barbarian rabble know when their betters approach? She really is surprisingly dense some days.)"

Rini: Tell him that you just know he's a master of disguise. :D

Imoen: Thanks for the tip :roll:

"Yes. Larze go look now! Bye bye," Larze said, and walked off into a narrow alley with his club slung over his shoulder.

"And that is why we need disguises," Ember said as soon as the ogre was out of sight.

Indeed! The ogre was cute, by the way. :D

I killed him in game, but I didn't have the heart to kill him in the story. Besides, he was much more interesting to write an encounter about than those five ogre mages in the building next to the Iron Throne :)

#23 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:58 AM

"Let me introduce you to Grand Duke Eltan, one of the lords of the city, commander of the Flaming Fist and member of the Lord's Alliance," Scar said, a note of pride in his voice.

Sounds like an important person, hehe.

He also judges local cooking contests :roll:

"I am glad to see that you have come," Duke Eltan said with a broad smile. Ember immediately liked the man. "If you would follow me, we may talk more comfortably," the duke said, and led them all through one of the doors into what had to be the duke's meeting room. The room was dominated by a large table, surrounded by a dozen chairs. The walls were completely covered with bookshelves except where the torch holders were, and daylight drifted in through more of the small windows they'd seen below. A bowl of fruit stood on the table.

Small, neat details, as always :lol:

Minsc looked up from the apple slivers he'd been feeding Boo. "Minsc and Boo need no gold when there is evil that needs buttkicking!" he cried.

Remember these words then you will ask for a "bigger sword" again, Minscy...

Good point! :D

"We could pretend we were supposed to be there! Disguise ourselves as merchants, or something. I mean, they must have real guests all the time, right?"

Good thinking, Imoen. All-out assault on the respected trading company's headquarters might cause all kinds of problems anyway. And low ranked Flaming Fists would try to interfere most likely...

Yeah, damn those low ranked minions.

"Minsc does not know how to speak like merchants, and Boo cannot do it for me," Minsc said in a low voice.

A pity. Hamster merchant with his loyal bodyguard - that would be a blast!

Maybe in a different story than this :D

"Yes. See, I have a staff, and no chainmail."

Ah, I kniew that her change of a profession must have a reason... :cry:

:?

Indeed. But Minsc with Boo is kind of hard to disguise, methinks. :)

I'll think of something :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com