Ember's Tale 54: Appearances

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:20 PM

Chapter 54: Appearances

The wind settled during the night, and the following day brought sunshine and a pleasant warmth. The sun shone through the small, stained windows in the main chamber of the Fist headquarters, creating beams of light in the heavy air and painting mottled patterns of gold where it touched the stone walls. Ember and her friends had arrived early; while they waited for Commander Scar, Imoen amused herself with tracking one of the golden squares as it moved across the wooden table they had been seated at.

At the first chime of the noon bell, Scar came down a winding staircase in the corner of the main chamber. "Ah, here already? Excellent," he called out. "The Grand Duke awaits you in his office. Follow me."

The commander led them up the narrow staircase to a smaller chamber. It was sparsely furnitured, and two doors led away from the room. A tall man in gleaming armor stood in one of the doorways.

"Let me introduce you to Grand Duke Eltan, one of the lords of the city, commander of the Flaming Fist and member of the Lord's Alliance," Scar said, a note of pride in his voice.

"I am glad to see that you have come," Duke Eltan said with a broad smile. Ember immediately liked the man. "If you would follow me, we may talk more comfortably," the duke said, and led them all through one of the doors into what had to be the duke's meeting room. The room was dominated by a large table, surrounded by a dozen chairs. The walls were completely covered with bookshelves except where the torch holders were, and daylight drifted in through more of the small windows they'd seen below. A bowl of fruit stood on the table.

"Please, be seated," the duke said. He waited until everyone had taken a seat before he continued. "Now, I know that such a meeting is unusual, but in these circumstances it is necessary. From what I have been told, you have been quite a thorn in the side of the Iron Throne."

"About as much as they have been in mine," Ember said.

"You must be Ember, then," the duke said, leaning forwards across the table. "I am interested in you, because of the obvious hatred that they hold for you. I never trusted the evidence that placed the blame for the recent caravan raids and iron shortage on the Zhentarim; it was far too easy to blame them, and they would not have much to profit, while the Iron Throne had everything to gain. Your testimony about the Throne's intent merely cemented my suspicions."

"So what are you going to do about them?" Imoen asked.

The duke sighed. "Unfortunately, my hands are tied; I can't act against the Iron Throne until I have hard evidence of their wrongdoing."

"And all we have is hearsay, right?" Imoen said.

"Correct. If hard evidence is to be found anywhere, I'd expect it to be in the Iron Throne headquarters. A small group - preferably with no known connection to the Fist - could break into their headquarters and search for such proof," Duke Eltan said, looking at each of Ember's companions in turn as he spoke. "If you do this for me you'll be paid extremely well; two thousand gold to divide among yourselves. What is your answer?"

Minsc looked up from the apple slivers he'd been feeding Boo. "Minsc and Boo need no gold when there is evil that needs buttkicking!" he cried.

"(The lumbering oaf may speak for himself, but not for me,)" Edwin muttered. "It is a foolish endeavour, but I suppose it is the next logical step. I do expect you to reimburse any expenses we may incur from this, of course."

"That can be arranged," the duke said with a small grin.

"We can do this, I just know it!" Alora chirped. "Oh, it'll be fun!"

Kivan, Ember and Imoen exchanged amused glances. "Looks like we're doing this," Imoen said. "Consider us hired!"

"You have made a wise decision! It is a difficult mission that I give you, but I am sure that you have the wherewithal to make it through," Duke Eltan said. "Return and report to me once you feel you have enough information to use against the Iron Throne."

"If there is anything useful there, we will find it," Ember said.

The duke smiled. "Of that, I have no doubt."

---

After the audience with Duke Eltan, Ember and her companions headed into the inner city. It was time for a midday meal, and several of the Flaming Fist soldiers had recommended the food served at the Blushing Mermaid. It was a rather long walk, and the inn was in one of the seedier parts of town, but the soldiers assured them that the spiced meat pies were more than worth the trip.

"I can't say I look forward to breaking into the Iron Throne," Ember said. "Who knows what we'll be up against?"

"You know, I've been thinking about that. We don't have to just barge in," Imoen said. "We could try to be a bit sneaky this time instead."

"Oh?"

"We could pretend we were supposed to be there! Disguise ourselves as merchants, or something. I mean, they must have real guests all the time, right?"

Ember smiled. "You're right."

"Me and Alora could watch the place for a bit first, you know, to see how to fit in, and we could all wear important-looking clothes!"

"I think I'd need a better disguise than just clothes, though," Ember pointed out. "There is bound to be someone there who would recognize me."

"Nothing could be more important-looking than my robes," Edwin said, brushing an invisible speck of dust off his sleeve.

"But Eddie," Imoen said, "you know that someone like you in a robe like that all but screams 'Red Wizard', right?"

"Yes, I am aware of that effect." Edwin said testily. "(Especially because it is intentional. How else would the barbarian rabble know when their betters approach? She really is surprisingly dense some days.)"

"Good! Are you aware that the Iron Throne probably knows that Ember travels with a Red Wizard, as well?"

Edwin opened and closed his mouth a few times. "(I don't see why I should have to disguise my glorious nature at all,)" he eventually muttered.

"Oh, it'll be just like a game, Eddie!" Alora exclaimed. "Just wait and see!"

"They probably know about all of us, except possibly Alora," Imoen added, "so we should all try to look different."

"Minsc does not know how to speak like merchants, and Boo cannot do it for me," Minsc said in a low voice.

"Then you can be our armored guard," Ember said. "You won't have to speak at all while we're pretending." A relieved smile spread across the large ranger's face.

"I refuse to wear armor!" Edwin declared. "(I will not allow them to hamper my abilities like that!)"

"Of course not, Eddie. We'll find something else for you and me," Imoen said. "I have some ideas..."

Several ideas for disguises were tossed around as they walked up the last few streets towards the Blushing Mermaid, and the conversation didn't end until they reached the door of the inn. As Kivan reached out for the handle, a hulking figure rose under the shadow of the eaves. It stepped out into the sunlight and moved towards them, revealing itself as a very tall, skinny ogre, dressed in red and black rags and holding a very large club. Ember instinctively shifted her grip on her staff to a more battle-ready position.

"Huurm," the ogre said, "I be Larze. You be Ember of Candlekeep. Don't try deny it. You should not have come to Baldur's Gate. You given many warning before, but you ignore them. Now you must pay. Sorry, but Larze must kill."

"Why do you think she is Ember of Candlekeep?" Alora asked. "I heard that Ember of Candlekeep is a great big warrior with flaming eyes and a roaring voice and that she can knock anyone down with one hit! I'd be too scared to be around her, I would!"

"Huh? But she must be Ember of Candlekeep," Larze said, gesturing with a massive hand at Ember. "Me see picture, and it look like her. It had no fire eyes or big voice. Though pictures don't have voices. Hmmmmm, I confused."

"Do you have this picture with you?" Ember asked in a pleasant tone. Roaring voice, indeed, she thought amusedly.

The ogre slowly pulled a matted and torn scroll from his bag. He unrolled it and thrust it in Ember's face. "See? Is this not you?"

Ember took the picture from Larze. It was a very detailed sketch made with black ink, showing Ember in her old chainmail and with her sword drawn. She had to admit it was a rather good likeness. "I can see why you mistook me for her; we do resemble each other. She looks like a skilled swordswoman," she said to the ogre.

"Yes. They warn Larze. They say to me, do not let her cut you. Squish her first."

"That sounds like good advice," Ember said. "But you see, I am a druid. I don't have a sword, and I am not even allowed to use one."

"Druid?"

"Yes. See, I have a staff, and no chainmail."

The ogre scratched his head. "Then you really not her, me think. Too bad. Tazok will not be pleased." Out of the corner of her eye, Ember saw Kivan flinch slightly; thankfully, Larze didn't seem to notice the elf's reaction. "Him sure that Ember of Candlekeep was in town," the ogre continued thoughtfully.

"She could be somewhere else," Ember suggested.

"Yes. Larze go look now! Bye bye," Larze said, and walked off into a narrow alley with his club slung over his shoulder.

"And that is why we need disguises," Ember said as soon as the ogre was out of sight.

#2 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

The bit with Larze was adorable. And you managed to not have to kill him!

I can't wait to see what kinds of disguises you come up with. Especially for Eddie. And Imoen, as a rogue gets to do something other than break into a building. :lol:

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:46 PM

The bit with Larze was adorable. And you managed to not have to kill him!

Hey, where's the fun in killing Larze? :D

I can't wait to see what kinds of disguises you come up with. Especially for Eddie. And Imoen, as a rogue gets to do something other than break into a building. :lol:

I have a few things in mind... :P

#4 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:05 AM

"You must be Ember, then," the duke said, leaning forwards across the table. "I am interested in you, because of the obvious hatred that they hold for you. I never trusted the evidence that placed the blame for the recent caravan raids and iron shortage on the Zhentarim; it was far too easy to blame them, and they would not have much to profit, while the Iron Throne had everything to gain. Your testimony about the Throne's intent merely cemented my suspicions."

Nice developments with them meeting the duke and such!

"You know, I've been thinking about that. We don't have to just barge in," Imoen said. "We could try to be a bit sneaky this time instead."

"Oh?"

"We could pretend we were supposed to be there! Disguise ourselves as merchants, or something. I mean, they must have real guests all the time, right?"

Wish you could do that in the game... :P

"But Eddie," Imoen said, "you know that someone like you in a robe like that all but screams 'Red Wizard', right?"

"Yes, I am aware of that effect." Edwin said testily. "(Especially because it is intentional. How else would the barbarian rabble know when their betters approach? She really is surprisingly dense some days.)"

"Good! Are you aware that the Iron Throne probably knows that Ember travels with a Red Wizard, as well?"

Edwin opened and closed his mouth a few times. "(I don't see why I should have to disguise my glorious nature at all,)" he eventually muttered.

:lol:

"Huurm," the ogre said, "I be Larze. You be Ember of Candlekeep. Don't try deny it. You should not have come to Baldur's Gate. You given many warning before, but you ignore them. Now you must pay. Sorry, but Larze must kill."

"Why do you think she is Ember of Candlekeep?" Alora asked. "I heard that Ember of Candlekeep is a great big warrior with flaming eyes and a roaring voice and that she can knock anyone down with one hit! I'd be too scared to be around her, I would!"

"Huh? But she must be Ember of Candlekeep," Larze said, gesturing with a massive hand at Ember. "Me see picture, and it look like her. It had no fire eyes or big voice. Though pictures don't have voices. Hmmmmm, I confused."

Oh... poor Larze...

"Yes. Larze go look now! Bye bye," Larze said, and walked off into a narrow alley with his club slung over his shoulder.

"And that is why we need disguises," Ember said as soon as the ogre was out of sight.

Yep, everyone is not as thick as that ogre. :D

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:10 AM

"I am glad to see that you have come," Duke Eltan said with a broad smile. Ember immediately liked the man. "If you would follow me, we may talk more comfortably," the duke said, and led them all through one of the doors into what had to be the duke's meeting room. The room was dominated by a large table, surrounded by a dozen chairs. The walls were completely covered with bookshelves except where the torch holders were, and daylight drifted in through more of the small windows they'd seen below. A bowl of fruit stood on the table.

Eltan always struck me as an honourable and decent man – which is probably why Sarevok went to such lengths to remove him.

Minsc looked up from the apple slivers he'd been feeding Boo. "Minsc and Boo need no gold when there is evil that needs buttkicking!" he cried.

Thankfully Minsc isn’t this group’s official spokesperson. :P

After the audience with Duke Eltan, Ember and her companions headed into the inner city. It was time for a midday meal, and several of the Flaming Fist soldiers had recommended the food served at the Blushing Mermaid. It was a rather long walk, and the inn was in one of the seedier parts of town, but the soldiers assured them that the spiced meat pies were more than worth the trip.

Hmm, for some reason I suspect the soldiers might have been more interested by what goes on upstairs and perhaps even downstairs. :)

Who all must have invitations, I am sure. :lol:

I think that is rather the point, really.

I want to see Edwin the Humble Merchant! :D

Several ideas for disguises were tossed around as they walked up the last few streets towards the Blushing Mermaid, and the conversation didn't end until they reached the door of the inn. As Kivan reached out for the handle, a hulking figure rose under the shadow of the eaves. It stepped out into the sunlight and moved towards them, revealing itself as a very tall, skinny ogre, dressed in red and black rags and holding a very large club. Ember instinctively shifted her grip on her staff to a more battle-ready position.

A skinny ogre? That must look quite strange. :D

That poor thing. Thinking make Larze’s head go hurty-hurty.

The ogre scratched his head. "Then you really not her, me think. Too bad. Tazok will not be pleased." Out of the corner of her eye, Ember saw Kivan flinch slightly; thankfully, Larze didn't seem to notice the elf's reaction. "Him sure that Ember of Candlekeep was in town," the ogre continued thoughtfully.

*sings* Bluff, bluff, bluff! Bluff the stupid ogre! :D

Yes, the class change to druid is only going to work once… :D

#6 Guest_BlueNose_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:11 PM

Chapter 54: Appearances

"Let me introduce you to Grand Duke Eltan, one of the lords of the city, commander of the Flaming Fist and member of the Lord's Alliance," Scar said, a note of pride in his voice.

Some people have more titles than they know what to do with.

He does seem quite likeable, both in the game and in the sourcebooks. But his mercenary company has a reputation for efficiency, and they are among the groups exploiting the natives in Maxtica. his public image doesn't seem to be quite in accord with what he does.

"So what are you going to do about them?" Imoen asked.

He's a politician. He's going to do nothing.

"Correct. If hard evidence is to be found anywhere, I'd expect it to be in the Iron Throne headquarters. A small group - preferably with no known connection to the Fist - could break into their headquarters and search for such proof," Duke Eltan said, looking at each of Ember's companions in turn as he spoke. "If you do this for me you'll be paid extremely well; two thousand gold to divide among yourselves. What is your answer?"

By that stage of the game I didn't even notice two thousand gold. :D

"(The lumbering oaf may speak for himself, but not for me,)" Edwin muttered. "It is a foolish endeavour, but I suppose it is the next logical step. I do expect you to reimburse any expenses we may incur from this, of course."

Edwin's infiltration plan will now involve sneaking in and out carrying six solid gold bathtubs, which he will retain afterwards.

For some reason he makes my paranoia gland flare up, wondering what he already knows and isn't telling me.

Meat pies is fairly unspecific. What sort of meat, and why do you have to disguise the taste with spices?

"I can't say I look forward to breaking into the Iron Throne," Ember said. "Who knows what we'll be up against?"

Screaming hordes of ninja penguins.

"Me and Alora could watch the place for a bit first, you know, to see how to fit in, and we could all wear important-looking clothes!"

"I think I'd need a better disguise than just clothes, though," Ember pointed out. "There is bound to be someone there who would recognize me."

You'd be surprised how little attention people pay to cleaners, waiters, and other servants. You could probably get a long way dressed like that.

"Nothing could be more important-looking than my robes," Edwin said, brushing an invisible speck of dust off his sleeve.

Presumably if the Iron Throne has a description of the group, they might be looking for just that sort of costume.

Well, you could use him as a decoy. Just make sure that he's ready for the hail of crossbow bolts. :lol:

It's Larze. :P Larze is great. :)

"Yes. They warn Larze. They say to me, do not let her cut you. Squish her first."

Should have told him not to talk to her first as well.

Bye Larze. Good luck finding the real Ember.

How about leprechaun costumes? They work for Thog.

#7 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:55 PM

That's it. Mouth off to the man in charge. Real smart.

Oh, wait. You're not smart.

Never mind.

but the soldiers assured them that the spiced meat pies were more than worth the trip.

Spiced. Meat. Pies?

Um. Wow, I don't really know how, but I read that line, and my brain goes RIGHT into the gutter.

"(Especially because it is intentional. How else would the barbarian rabble know when their betters approach? She really is surprisingly dense some days.)"

Harlequin: "Well, that's easy, dipwad. We'll -tell- you we're coming beforehand."

"Do you have this picture with you?" Ember asked in a pleasant tone. Roaring voice, indeed, she thought amusedly.

Falynn: "Don't forget the 'fire from her eyes' and 'lightning from her arse.' That's key."

I gotta hand it to her, she's got good comedic timing. :lol:

#8 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

Nice developments with them meeting the duke and such!

Everybody meets him. I just figured it should be possible to do so in style :lol:

"Oh?"

Wish you could do that in the game... :D

Yeah. Instead you barge in on Sarevok's dukehood party in your smelliest armor...

;)

Oh... poor Larze...

He has a lot to learn about bounty hunting.

#9 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:37 PM

"I am glad to see that you have come," Duke Eltan said with a broad smile. Ember immediately liked the man.

Eltan always struck me as an honourable and decent man – which is probably why Sarevok went to such lengths to remove him.

And Scar :P

Thankfully Minsc isn’t this group’s official spokesperson. :D

Minsc is in charge now! Swords for everyone!

...yeah, I don't really see that working out too well :D

Hmm, for some reason I suspect the soldiers might have been more interested by what goes on upstairs and perhaps even downstairs. :P

*whistles innocently*

Who all must have invitations, I am sure. :D

Or at least a plausible reason to be there.

I think that is rather the point, really.

Edwin: Finally! Someone understands!

I want to see Edwin the Humble Merchant! :D

...sorry, not going to happen :lol:

A skinny ogre? That must look quite strange. :D

I figured he's more of a teenager, as ogres go.

That poor thing. Thinking make Larze’s head go hurty-hurty.

Does it ever!

*sings* Bluff, bluff, bluff! Bluff the stupid ogre! :lol:

;) :lol: :D

#10 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:43 PM

He does seem quite likeable, both in the game and in the sourcebooks. But his mercenary company has a reputation for efficiency, and they are among the groups exploiting the natives in Maxtica. his public image doesn't seem to be quite in accord with what he does.

Nothing wrong with efficiency, and I don't see him down in Maztica personally.

By that stage of the game I didn't even notice two thousand gold. ;)

Nobody does, but I like to imagine my story party hasn't been quite as heavy handed with the looting as my in game party :lol:

For some reason he makes my paranoia gland flare up, wondering what he already knows and isn't telling me.

Heh. Good thing for Ember that she's not particularly paranoid :lol:

Meat pies is fairly unspecific. What sort of meat, and why do you have to disguise the taste with spices?

It'll all be made clear in the next chapter, I think.

Screaming hordes of ninja penguins.

:D

You'd be surprised how little attention people pay to cleaners, waiters, and other servants. You could probably get a long way dressed like that.

*studies fingernails*

Should have told him not to talk to her first as well.

The ones who learn that never live to pass it on.

How about leprechaun costumes? They work for Thog.

Okay, what's up with all the OotS references in this thread? :D

#11 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:45 PM

but the soldiers assured them that the spiced meat pies were more than worth the trip.

Spiced. Meat. Pies?

Yes.

Um. Wow, I don't really know how, but I read that line, and my brain goes RIGHT into the gutter.

Falynn: "Don't forget the 'fire from her eyes' and 'lightning from her arse.' That's key."

Lighthing from her arse? Sounds rather painful :lol:

I gotta hand it to her, she's got good comedic timing. :D

She has her moments ;)

#12 Guest_arabellaesque_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:56 PM

Larze <3! That line fits Alora *so* well also! :lol:

That was great ;)

#13 Guest_sparrow_*

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:41 PM

Might have said this before but I really like the opening paragraph of all of your chapters, they set the scene well and can be so pretty. :lol: for Larze and am looking forward to the sneaky disguise idea being put into action. ;)

#14 Guest_Keldan_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

The wind settled during the night, and the following day brought sunshine and a pleasant warmth. The sun shone through the small, stained windows in the main chamber of the Fist headquarters, creating beams of light in the heavy air and painting mottled patterns of gold where it touched the stone walls. Ember and her friends had arrived early; while they waited for Commander Scar, Imoen amused herself with tracking one of the golden squares as it moved across the wooden table they had been seated at.

Gosh, sounds lovely.

Willow: How come ours was just a musty old stone building?
Imoen: Our scribe is lazy.

Yo, Dukey, what up?

*is shot*

Yeah, 'cause that's what heroes do.

Oh, and kill people. Lotsa killing.

Riiiiiiiight.

:lol: That's so Eddie.

Willow: Let's see, robes, bright red... Red Wizard? Naaaah.
Imoen: The sarcasm? Not needed.
Edwin: It is in this case.

It's a logical follow-up to the previous statement, yes.

"Then you can be our armored guard," Ember said. "You won't have to speak at all while we're pretending." A relieved smile spread across the large ranger's face.

Just be sure not to bring Boo out, because he's surely a defining mark.

"I refuse to wear armor!" Edwin declared. "(I will not allow them to hamper my abilities like that!)"

I dunno, Eddie, the ladies love a man in uniform.

Of course, the only lady you'd be even remotely interested in is really into the robe thing, so... ;)

"Of course not, Eddie. We'll find something else for you and me," Imoen said. "I have some ideas..."

I can't wait to see this. :lol:

Larze must go away, or Larze will lose an important part of his anatomy, most likely his head.

D'aww, clever little halfling!

Hehehe... the dual-class was clearly more useful than even Ember thought.

Oh, yes, quite.

I wonder what Immy'll think of for her and Eddie's disguises... :D

#15 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:50 PM

Larze <3! That line fits Alora *so* well also! :P

Yeah. It only required minor modifications to be bouncily frightened-Aloraesque :D

That was great :shock:

Thank you :)

#16 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:00 PM

Might have said this before but I really like the opening paragraph of all of your chapters, they set the scene well and can be so pretty.

Thank you :P I'm not really sure when I picked up the habit of describing the scenery, but the druidness seems to call for it more often than before.

:) for Larze and am looking forward to the sneaky disguise idea being put into action. :D

There won't be clowns. Just letting you know.

#17 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:15 PM

Gosh, sounds lovely.

Willow: How come ours was just a musty old stone building?
Imoen: Our scribe is lazy.

It still is a musty old stone building. But it's a musty old stone building with atmosphere on a sunny autumn day.

Yo, Dukey, what up?

*is shot*

:shock:

Yeah, 'cause that's what heroes do.

Oh, and kill people. Lotsa killing.

Ember: *looks a bit pensive*

Riiiiiiiight.

:)

:P That's so Eddie.

Edwin: Of course that was 'so Eddie' (embarrassing epithet aside). Who else could match my impeccable personal style?

Just be sure not to bring Boo out, because he's surely a defining mark.

He'll either have to hide in the armor, or Alora will have to carry him. I haven't quite decided yet.

I dunno, Eddie, the ladies love a man in uniform.

Can you even imagine Edwin in platemail?

Of course, the only lady you'd be even remotely interested in is really into the robe thing, so... :D

Yes. Convenient, isn't it?

I can't wait to see this. :roll:

I repeat: no clowns will be involved in this infiltration.

Larze must go away, or Larze will lose an important part of his anatomy, most likely his head.

Larze confused.

D'aww, clever little halfling!

She is tricksy, after all :shock:

I wonder what Immy'll think of for her and Eddie's disguises... :roll:

Edwin won't be too happy. But he won't be too displeased, either :evil:

#18 Guest_Coutelier_*

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:40 PM

Have I mentioned that I really like your descriptions and the way you set up scenes? Well, I guess I'm doing so now anyway.

Have I mentioned... oh I just did.

Tarant: Yeah, I have to agree with Eddie baby. A guys got to make a living.

Edwin: I don't like to be called Eddie baby!

Tarant: Crack a few skulls, break some thumbs... yeah, fun...

:twisted: Yes... well...

Imoen: That's the best way. Especially for those of us who aren't four hundred pounds of berserker.

Tarant: It's not getting through is it... how many Red Wizards does he think are hanging around Baldur's Gate right now?

Edwin: There are certainly a lot less after you...

Tarant: Yes, yes... that's not the point.

Edwin: I will probably get the blame for that as well.

Tarant: Now it's turned into a plan I like!

Imoen: Wow... I could really do with someone like her...

"That sounds like good advice," Ember said. "But you see, I am a druid. I don't have a sword, and I am not even allowed to use one."

"Druid?"

Edwin: Who'd have thought throwing away your sword and embracing some tree hugger philosophy would actually save your life one day.

Aerie: Awww... I thought he was kind of... s-sweet.

Edwin: Yes, the next assassin might not be quite so open minded.

Good chapter!

#19 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:49 PM

Have I mentioned that I really like your descriptions and the way you set up scenes? Well, I guess I'm doing so now anyway.

Well, thank you :)

Have I mentioned... oh I just did.

Heh. Have I mentioned that I tend to break out more of the descriptions when I need to pad a chapter a bit? :)

Tarant: Yeah, I have to agree with Eddie baby. A guys got to make a living.

Edwin: I don't like to be called Eddie baby!

Edwin: I prefer not even being called 'Eddie'. (Undignified simians.)

Tarant: Crack a few skulls, break some thumbs... yeah, fun...

Alora: *pouting* You don't play nice!

:shock: Yes... well...

:twisted:

Tarant: It's not getting through is it... how many Red Wizards does he think are hanging around Baldur's Gate right now?

Edwin: There are certainly a lot less after you...

Tarant: Yes, yes... that's not the point.

Edwin: I will probably get the blame for that as well.

Poor Eddie just wasn't born for subterfuge.

Edwin: Who'd have thought throwing away your sword and embracing some tree hugger philosophy would actually save your life one day.

Actually, I think it's saving Larze's life more than hers :wink:

Good chapter!

Thank you :)

#20 Laufey

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

Rini: Tell him that you just know he's a master of disguise. :)

Indeed! The ogre was cute, by the way. :)
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com