Photo

Team Titans/Mission Impossible--7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:52 PM

Standing in the doorway was a man in black. Not armor or even kevlar. Nor any kind of costume. Simple black shirt and slacks. On the chest was a small, discrete symbol in white; an O with a line slashed through it. The mathematical symbol for null zero. His hair was close cropped brown, and his face was scarred, his eyes cold blue.

"Who are you?" Changeling asked. "HIVE? Brotherhood of Evil? Cult of Blood?"

"Certainly not that last," Terra put in.

"None of the above, actually," the man said. "Nor do I have any attention of telling you." He stepped forward and gestured casually. Two more men and one woman, similarly attired, stepped in after him.

"Take them," Terra said to the others. "I'll finish with mister sparkling personality over here."

"And how will you do that?" The armored thug asked smugly.

"Like this," Terra said, and gestured. She didn't like using this much power, as unlike her predecessor it would weaken her. But they were facing fresh foes and she had no choice.

The ground beneath the thug errupted, and encased him in a fist of stone and rock. A fist that squeezed.

"What are you doing?" the thug shouted in panic. She didn't answer.

As the others went to fight the newcomers, she caused that fist to squeeze tighter and tighter, even as she sweated inside her jacket and her knees grew weak and vision dim. Finally...

CRACK.

The thug's power suit fritzed out as it cracked open on the sides. Dropping to her knees she made a dismissive gesture, and the fist collapsed. The thug collapsed with it; with his suit busted, he was in no shape to do anything.

Neither was she. Her vision was graying out as she trembled on the edge of exhaustion. Come on Tara....hold it together....stay focused....don't lose it....

Eventually her vision cleared, and she climbed to her feet. Turning she stared blearily at the others.

Their black-clad enemies were not moving at super-speed, but their reflexes were certainly faster than human normal, and when they lashed out, their hands glowed with faint purple energy that reminded Terra uncomfortably of Lazarium, an enemy from their own timeline. Killowatt must remember that too, after all he suffered the most at Lazarium's hands.

But somehow Terra didn't think it was that easy of an explanation.

The power source, don't let them get the power source.

Great theory, but she wasn't in shape to do much. And who knew if she could even touch the thing without getting fried.

She looked again at how the others were faring. So far, it was a stalemate, they and their opponents were easily matched. That did not reassure Terra at all.

Fortunately, they had one other member to call into play.

'Jon," she said into her wrist communicator, as she staggered over to the bank of computers behind which the orange glow emanated, "I need you to tell me how this thing works..."
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

The ground beneath the thug errupted, and encased him in a fist of stone and rock. A fist that squeezed.

Was wondering why she didn't just do that to begin with. I would've. ;)

Anyway, not much to comment on here. I'm still waiting for Gar to turn into a T-Rex. :roll:

#3 Arcalian

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:20 AM

Cuz of the power drain. She's effectively out of the fight now. That's why.

But by all means, keep responding. I'll throw in a Gar T-Rex if that's what it takes.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com