Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 371

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:53 AM

From her lofty perch atop the battlements, Imoen hurled a fireball into the greatest remaining concentration of the enemy, then lifted the Bow of Gesen once more and resumed firing.

From her lofty perch, she could see that the remaining Roenall soldiers were breaking into smaller and smaller knots. Those facing monsters were not given the opportunity to surrender; those facing Adrian's own soldiers never cried for mercy but simply fought till death. Casualties on Adrian's side were moderate, she could see.

As she unleashed more lightning bolts into the foe, she reflected on not only how much more powerful Adrian had become, but herself, as well. She was a little afraid of it, but even with her soul intact she could see no way to go back to the way things were before.

We are becoming beings of true power, she thought to herself. And it frightened her.

But what else could they do? Assuming they defeated Irenicus, she doubted very much they could simply retire at that point. She had no wish to fight any of the remaining Children of Bhaal, but it was painfully clear to her, as she shot down her last enemy of the day, that if they did not, those Children would come after them. Not to mention those folk who wanted them dead simply because they were Bhaalspawn.

Would someone like Elminster come after them? Edwin might welcome the challenge--he was beside her, casting a fireball down below--but she wouldn't.

The last of the enemy fell, and the surviving soldiers of their side sent up a great cheer and began to chant Adrian's name.

"Lord Adrian! Lord Adrian! LORD ADRIAN!"

What's to become of us? she wondered, and shuddered.

-----

"Honor the terms of the agreement," Adrian warned.

The leader of the monsters, a great Ogre, bowed. "Windspear and his sprout, not be harmed. Rest of realm ours to play with, as long as you rule. Gold is nice," the Ogre added, smiling with broken teeth."

"Exactly."

"Um. One problem. Vampires not know of pact. They still feeding in their lairs."

"Will they go after Windspear, you think?"

The Ogre shook his head. "They wait for 'heroes' to come into lair. Plenty do."

"Allow that to continue, then. I have the feeling that in due course they shall either bend to my will, or meet their fate."

The monsters turned and left. The ordinary soldiers of the keep were glad to see them go.

----

Viconia had not needed to use her vampiric abilities in the battle, and was glad of it. To pretend, at least for a time, to be an ordinary priestess agian.

She stood behind Adrian as the Major Domo bowed. "Your ways are dark but you have used them to save us," that worthy said to Adrian. "You are master here, forever more."

"Nalia shall rule in my name in my absence," he said, looking at the young noble, "But be it clear that mine is the law here. I will either come back myself or at least send word."

Nalia said nothing, but bowed. She knew who was in charge here.

"We will leave tomorrow. We have other business to attend to."

"The armor..." said Viconia.

"And your cure, bebe," Adrian assured her.

She smiled and hugged him.

The Major Domo shuddered helplessly.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_bobby23_*

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:10 AM

for some reson i find it very funny but so very wrong calling viconia bebe

you would think she would be more vocal about it but she seems too exsept it. (and i`m almost 95%sure game viconia wouldn`t)

on a other note i never seen nalia that supmisive befor. oh well

does open up lotsa new paths too walk so do like it its just a bit strange.

other then that, more soon plz

#3 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

It could be the fact that your in at chapter 371. Viconia and Nalia have had some experience with Adrian by now.

#4 Guest_bobby23_*

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:15 PM

i know what chapter i am in i read them all thank you very much.

even so i still think it wierd, but i`m oke with it beyond that.

more soon plz

#5 Arcalian

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:44 AM

Whoa guys, let's not get ugly here! That said I'm glad people are actually responding to my story again.

Adrian came up with "bebe" as a response to "szinsring". Viconia is amused by it.

Nalia was been scared ****less of Adrian almost from the get go. Rightfully so.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com