Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 365

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

They left Athkatla for what Adrian sincerely hoped would be the last time.

Adrian had come to loathe the city. Baldur's Gate, for all it's prissy nobles, had been at least consistent, reliable, and understandable. Athkatla, for all it's mercenary attitude and diverse factions, was a pain. Perhaps that was the problem; Athkatla was such a mercenary, mercantile city that every fool who called himself a sellsword came calling. Athkatla was as rife with incompetent mercenaries as the Sword Coast had been with incompetent assasins and ambushers.

While Zavrian would not come with him this time, the pirate did enable him safe passage out of the city without attracting undue attention to himself. Adrian's party skulked back to the pirate vessel, and Zavrian was quite happy to have some of his pirates take the party out to sea in rowboats, then deposit them safely ashore several miles to the south.

Zavrian himself rode in the lead boat with Adrian, Viconia and Imoen. When they disembarked, the pirate and the Bhaalspawn shook hands.

"I shall miss you my friend," Zavrian said. "I fear it may be long before we meet again. A shame you will not join us."

"I have my own holdings in these lands now," Adrian replied, "And my own vendetta with Irenicus. But should I and my troupe escape these trials unscathed, I daresay an alliance between the Pirate Kingdom and my 'Rogue Estate' in Amn would benefit us both."

"Aye!" Zavrian's eyes gleamed and his teeth flashed in a ready smile. "I pray it may be so, my friend! Come back safe and know we are always allies!"

"The blessings of Darkness be on you," Viconia said, softly but sincerely, from beneath the hood she wore to protect herself from the sun's rays, clouded over as they were that day.

"Er....quite." Zavrian bowed awkwardly to the Drow priestess-turned-Vampire, grinned at Imoen, and got back in his boat. The others had already piled out of the other craft, and the party watched, silently, as the small flotilla shrank away and dissapeared from sight."

"The beginning of the end," Adrian mused. "At least of this battle with Irenicus."

"Let us hope it is his end, and not the end for all of us," said Viconia."

"Goes double for me," Imoen put in.

"I know you want to be cured, bebe," Adrian said to Viconia, "And also to get your flesh armor. But I want to stop at my keep first. It's on the way, in any case."

Viconia nodded beneath her hood as the party set out. "I know, szinsring. And tonight, at least, we can take advantage of my condition in at least one way. Vampire senses are indeed honed, which will enhance our sensual experience. Mine, anyway."

Adrian let loose a short bark; one of his rarely heard laughs, as the party set out.

----

Beneath the citadel of Baldur's Gate a woman sat by the ruins of the Bhaalite temple where Sarevok had died, waiting.

Others had known of Bhaal's plan before his death, and begun to groom children of their own.

She was the mother of such a one.

She had no interest in throwing her blessed child into the Bhaalspawn war, no. Let the spawn of evil kill eachother. Her child was desinted to kill both the surviving Bhaalspawn upstart and Cyric, both.

She had time to wait.

Not even the woman with feathers in her hair had forseen this one.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com