Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 364

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

Evidently the Hidden and his Mind Flayer allies had been planing to take over the city. That was done now, of course. Edwin found some sort of magical quarterstaff in the heart of their twisted lair. Upon identifying it, even he was not disposed to use it.

Clearly the council member had fled here, and just as clearly had fled again. There was nothing else for it. They had no time to give chase. They had their own tasks to tend to, Irenicus not least.

The party lurked back to Zavrian' ship to rest, as they deemed after their actions in the town that the Copper coronet was no longer safe.

----

"First of all," said Viconia, "There are three breeds of vampire. They Damphiris, Wamphiris, and Nosferatu."

"Wamphiris and Nosferatu I know of," Kirya agreed. "Wamphiris is what Bhodi was and you are; the classic vampires of legend. Nosferatu are more monstrous creatures that can only create others by rare chance with their bite, never by blood exchange. But what are Damphiris?"

"The best kept secret of the Vampire breeds. Half vampires, or living vampires. Sometimes Wamphiris children are taken away and struck with Restoration spells before their transformation is complete, but their sire is not destroyed. Their transformation is not stopped, merely halted midway. They are still living beings; one day they will grow old and die. And they are not as strong or as fast as their masters the Wamphiris. But they also suffer few of their masters weaknesses. The sun, in particular, has no power over them, nor do they need fear Turning or Commanding by priests. Damphiris can make more of their own kind in the tradiiontal way of blood exchange. Damphiris can resume their transformation into Wamphiris if their sire or another elder vampire so desires them to do so. But often they are left in that state, as useful allies and servants. At least for several decades or so."

----

Adrian finally made his plans to hunt down Irenicus. As the party rested in Zavrian's ship, it was clear he would not go with them this time, nor Coran or Safana either.

As it turned out, few of their allies would travel with them this time. The party skulked to Xzar and Kiriya's lair, where the Necromancres told them while they would love to help, they were not prepared to leave the city. Adrian was only able to elicit promises of aid from the Doppleganger Frennendan and the spellcaster Dradeel. So he made his plans while Kirya spoke with Viconia.

His plan, such as it was, was to stop at the Keep and deal with any business that remained there, then stop at Immesvale (Viconia still wanted her human flesh armor), then take Viconia to the temple to be cured, and then after picking up the armor, heading to the Elven encampment with the Rhynn Lanthorn.

He was mindful, however, that any number of things might interrupt them.

----

"Did Bhodi have many in her service?"

"Only a few, the rest were full fledged children. She enjoyed her children of the night too much, I think." Viconia stood and stretched. "There are more questions I could answer, I know. But Adrian looks restless. It is stime to leave and begin the final phase of this feud aginst Irenicus or such is my hope. If any of these half-vampires in Bhodi's service remain, I fear they will be your problem."

Kiriya shrugged. "More likely they will look for allies and succor."

"Who knows? In any case, best of luck to you."

----

Jessa Vai, formerly of the Flaming Fist and now determined to be reunited with Edwin, thundered through Beregost on her horse without stopping. She would approaching the Amnian border that night before she would rest.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Laufey

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

Evidently the Hidden and his Mind Flayer allies had been planing to take over the city. That was done now, of course. Edwin found some sort of magical quarterstaff in the heart of their twisted lair. Upon identifying it, even he was not disposed to use it.

Evidently something very nasty - makes me curious just what kind of staff it was.

"The best kept secret of the Vampire breeds. Half vampires, or living vampires. Sometimes Wamphiris children are taken away and struck with Restoration spells before their transformation is complete, but their sire is not destroyed. Their transformation is not stopped, merely halted midway. They are still living beings; one day they will grow old and die. And they are not as strong or as fast as their masters the Wamphiris. But they also suffer few of their masters weaknesses. The sun, in particular, has no power over them, nor do they need fear Turning or Commanding by priests. Damphiris can make more of their own kind in the tradiiontal way of blood exchange. Damphiris can resume their transformation into Wamphiris if their sire or another elder vampire so desires them to do so. But often they are left in that state, as useful allies and servants. At least for several decades or so."

This is interesting background info. :lol: I like the idea of Damphiri, could make for interesting characters.

He was mindful, however, that any number of things might interrupt them.

Oh yes...the best laid plans of Bhaalspawn tend to meet with unexpected interference...
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Arcalian

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:33 AM

Evidently something very nasty - makes me curious just what kind of staff it was.

Kitty read my post! *hugs kitty* :shock:

This is actually an in game item. It's a wild magic staff; every time it's used some wild magic surge effect happens. Understandably after his experiences with the Nether Scroll, Edwin took a pass.

This is interesting background info. :wink: I like the idea of Damphiri, could make for interesting characters.

I didn't create the concept, nor the name. Most often this sort is portrayed as the best possible vampire hunters (a la Blade). I see them as more of a sane, useful form of Renfield to the traditional vampire's Dracula.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com