Beloved Child 9

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:34 AM

Well, this is the final of the De`Arnise Keep arc. I am cleaning up chap 10 and am pretty much finished with 11. I just have no idea what is going to happen afterwards, maybe the Planar Sphere.

Beloved Child 9

The cooking of the dogs did not agree with Nalia who was delegated to bring a bottle of wine and a platter of dried meat to Mogal. Yoshimo lifted the ladle from the pot containing the stew and eyed it critically. It looked more like lumps floating around in thick milk then anything else. Viconia took another bite from an apple she had picked up from the pantry and rolled her eyes. Groder lifted an eyebrow; the stew did smell deceptively good.

“It is done then?” He asked.

“I suppose, I have seen it done in Shou Long but I didn’t pay much attention.” Yoshimo answered. “Let us leave it like this; after all we are not making a meal for nobles.”

The two of them hefted the pot down from the stove and began carrying it out. Viconia gathered up the torches she had made while Groder and Yoshimo cooked. They found Nalia sitting in the statue room flipping through her spell book. Mogals outline could be seen beyond the hole in the wall. Nalia stood up when they entered.

“Is that…” She trailed off. Yoshimo nodded

They filed into the stairwell and started descending. Once they reached the crypt, Nalia and Viconia filed out and put torches in the empty holders. A warm yellow light began spreading through the crypt as they lit them.

“Let’s hope the smell of the fires doesn’t impede with the smell of this.” Groder said to Yoshimo they carried the pot towards the farthest corner of the room.

They poured the stew onto the stone slabs and steam rose from the white mass. Groder and Yoshimo hurried away from it and positioned themselves behind a sarcophagus. Nalia started an incantation and soon blurred from sight. Then there was nothing were she had stood. The door that separated the crypt from the Umber Hulks was pushed open. The buzzing of the gargantuan insects became instantly louder. After less then a minute a bulbous head appeared in the doorway. Long antennae whirled above two large red compound eyes. Wicked mandibles churned at an unrelenting pace. It was hunched over like a gorilla and at first Groder thought it wouldn’t fit through the door. The antennae whirled a bit more and then the insect gave a keening noise. It charged towards the corner with the stew, three equally large and horrible insects lumbered after it. They snapped with serrated claw and jagged mandibles at each other in an insane contest to reach the food first.

Being absorbed by the need to feed the Umber Hulks did not notice the group sneaking out of the crypt. The room that the insects had occupied was an old sitting room, presumably for waiting on ceremonies taking place in the crypts. Benches were lined against the walls as well as crates and old furniture covered in white sheets.

“They won’t be in there long so let’s barricade the door.” Groder suggested.

Mogal quickly went to work and put the largest of the furniture and crates in front of the door leading to the small crypt.

The sitting room had four doors, which of one was now barricaded. The southern door was broken of it hinges giving a view of a small corridor which had a large hole at the end. The hole itself led into darkness.

“At least we know where they entered.” Groder said.

Nalia pointed at the northernmost door.

“That is the new crypt.”

The door was slightly open and the group gathered just outside it. A heated conversation could be heard from inside.

“You killed him! You weren’t supposed to kill him! Your orders were to simply hold him and the girl!” The voice was shrill and human, belonging to the unknown mage the charmed bodyguard had yelled about.

“Well, he was noisy and stupid!” The other voice was guttural and raspy, belonging most likely to Thorgal. There was a pause and when he talked it sounded like his mouth was full.

“He should have been smart; he should have told us where to find the gold and signed the papers you gave him not tear them up.”

“What about the girl then? She isn’t here either?”

“We didn’t find any red haired girl with a ring like was described.”

“Are you sure that none of you idiots ate her? You killed Lord De`Arnise and lost his daughter, everything has gone to hell! He won’t be happy. You better…”

“Ach... Shut up!” there was a wet crunching sound.

“What we do now boss? What about the plan?” A new voice said after a while.

“To the hells with the plan! Get Lur and the little goblin runt. We are gonna gather up their tribes and ours and make this here rock heap our new home!”

Nalia had frozen and had put her hands to her mouth in order to not cry out. The girl was shaking and tears streamed down her face.

“I trust we can rely on you as well.” Groder hissed at her.

Nalia nodded blinking away tears.

“Yes, I will… I will cleanse their taint from this place.” Her sorrow gave way to anger.

Viconia and Nalia quickly cast spells that would protect the party and augment its skills.

“Right, Nalia and Yoshimo try to hang back to fire spells and arrows. The rest of us start chopping up the nearest troll.”

“A wonderful plan.” Viconia commented dryly.

When they entered the crypt, four troll heads snapped in their direction. The crypt itself was large and most likely hollowed out of the earth behind the keep itself. The ceiling met in a steeple and the walls where lined with empty spaces that would one day house the De`Arnise dead. The wall opposite to the entrance was covered by a great bas-relief of the lost goddess Waukeen. Slumped by its base was a mutilated corpse. The trolls stood in the centre of the chamber, the headless corpse of the mage lay prone on the floor.

“Die you beasts!” Nalia cried and began to cast a spell.

The largest of the trolls, a thing with knotted muscles and grotesquely scarred flesh howled in response. The trolls charged. Mogal met them head on striking one of the charging trolls to the ground. In the next moment Thorgal was on her and they began wrestling for the ogress maul.

Groder slipped around one troll and cut its leg. He felt stronger and more confident then he should thanks to Viconias spells. The drow was dodging blows and delivering horrid wound after wound on the troll that Mogal had felled, the wounds wouldn’t heal. Yoshimo stood back and switched targets ever so often, his arrows didn’t do much but distracted the trolls they hit. Nalia finished her incantation and sent a silver orb into Thorgals side, the troll didn’t even blink. Groder was having a hard time avoiding the two kicking, clawing trolls that had ganged up on him. Just darting between them and cutting didn’t do very much.

Mogal had regained control of her weapon and was delivering bone crushing blows to the troll’s leader. The only problem was that as soon as a wound opened on Thorgal it closed every bone that broke melted back together in an instant.

Viconia licked at the blood running from a shallow cut on her forehead down her face. Her troll was staggering, feeling the effect of a hundred burning, freezing wounds that would not close. The drow laughed delightedly as the Flail of Ages ripped open the trolls left arm. A last desperate kick caught Viconia in the shins before the troll fell over.

Groder had pulled out a dagger from the sheaths on his leg and sprinted at one of the trolls he fought. He held both blades overhead like he was going to stab the troll. With the extra strength provided by the spells he managed to sink both blades into the troll’s chest. He quickly pulled out the dagger and sunk it into the trolls shoulder. The boy hung from the troll like an odd mountaineer. He felt its stinking breath on his face. As he hauled himself up the troll bit after him and managed to catch the boy’s long ponytail. The troll pulled as the boy repeatedly stabbed the dagger into the trolls head. Eventually the troll fell over dragging the boy with him. Groder fought to free his hair from the troll’s mouth and managed to roll over on the troll’s chest. His eyes went wide as he saw the hand heading for his chest. Palm open with clawed fingers first, the second troll’s hand smashed into Groders chest. The chain mail absorbed some of the impact but something in the boy’s chest broke.

The troll grinned and raised one foot to stomp the boy’s chest when an arrow slammed into its neck. It staggered and seemed to discover the archer for the first time. Ignoring Groder it sprinted over to the body of the dead mage. It picked the body up and hurled it at Yoshimo and Nalia. Both of them ducked the corpse projectile but Nalias spell was interrupted and Yoshimo dropped his bow.

The Kara-Turan drew his katana and charged the troll. Nalia let lose another spell and a sizzling arrow flew through the air, green acid dripping from it. It struck the troll in the chest. The troll howled as the acid began eating at it. Yoshimo dealt a few quick strokes with his blade and the troll sank to the floor.

Viconia limped over to Groder leaving behind a troll that would never rise again. She had already pulled out a healing potion; she had found that most had broken during the fight with the troll. She reflected on the fact that they needed a better storage for their potion then her pack. She knelt with some effort and squeezed the boy’s nose shut. Groder opened his mouth to keep sucking in ragged breaths. The drow poured some of the violet liquid down his throat.

Neither Mogal nor Throgal had made any significant damage to each other and the creatures seemed evenly matched. The blows were more infrequent and slower from both however, fatigue starting to set in.

“I will be fine.” Groder rasped to Viconia. “Kill the damn troll.”

Viconia and Yoshimo closed in on the large troll and began attacking its legs and lower back. Nalia fired arrows, aiming at Thorgals head. In the end the troll sank to the floor, its brain shutting down from the amounts of pain that had been inflicted on the body. Viconia and Mogal carefully moved Groder away from the troll he resided on. Then Yoshimo and Mogal began burning the brains of the trolls. A foul smell of burning flesh filled the crypt.

In the melee Nalia had forgotten about her father, now she rushed towards the back of the crypt. She paused and realized that he could still be recognized but an arm was missing and his chest had been caved in. She whished that it wasn’t her father laying there, not his blood caked red hair and thick moustache. Not his friendly face and smiling mouth. Not those arms that had held her as a child. She sank to her knees.

Nalia tried to collect herself; she did not know how long she had been kneeling by her father’s corpse. It seemed as the entire world had been reduced to ruins around her. It wasn’t fair; she had done nothing to deserve all this misfortune. She didn’t even know what had brought all of this on. Then she caught sight of Groder and Viconia. At this moment she felt that they were as much monsters as the dead trolls on the floor. The sight made her stop for a moment though. Viconia was healing the boy. He was propped up on her left arm and her right hand spread a gentle blue light over his chest. The chin mail lay by the side and his shirt was open. He was looking up at the drow through half lidded eyes. The drow was looking at the boy’s face, her mouth moving silently. For a moment it looked almost tender.

Mogal was sitting by the entrance to the crypt and picking her teeth with a troll finger. Yoshimo milled about and hovered by Nalia until Groder called him over. The boy was still somewhat paler then usual.

“Tell Arat that we are finished. The leader of the invasion is dead and unfortunately Lord De`Arnise is dead as well. Also inform him that he has a golem on the second floor as well as a few Umber Hulks in the crypts to deal with.”

“What about her?” Viconia asked taking a break from sorting away broken vials. She pointed at Nalia sitting by her father’s corpse.

“Maybe it would be for the best if we left her alone for a while.” Yoshimo said.

Nalia sat in her room, most of the furniture and her things where broken and strewn about. She realized that she hadn’t factored in the material devastation. It mattered little though; her father was dead, lying wrapped in cloth in the dining hall. They hadn’t been able to find his arm. There were many other bundles wrapped in cloth in that room, some didn’t even qualify as human anymore.

Arat and his men had cleared out the golem and the insects without too much trouble.
Groder had speculated that someone was behind the attack but there was little evidence left of that now. She couldn’t phantom the idea of someone getting monsters like that together and sending them on her father. He had no enemies.

She looked around her room again and was filled with a sense of foreboding, that she may never see this place again. Glancing at the two bags of money that sat next to her, she suddenly found herself wishing that her family fortune was bigger. She had always believed just like her mother that those who had the means should aid those without. Now it seemed like she would become one of those without means. Nalia realized that she had no idea what to do, between paying Groder and paying for repairs and all the guards, she just couldn’t afford it. She may have been able to ask her aunt but the note left with captain Arat made it rather clear that Nalia was not welcome around the Caans anytime soon. Which left the Roenalls and that she refused to even consider that option. She put on her bow and small packsack and picked up the gold. It was with a heavy heart she arrived in the courtyard with the money.

The courtyard had been cleaned up and armoured people clad in red and blue milled about, Arat shouting orders at them. Surviving servants stood in clusters. The dogs in the kennel were barking happily at the humans, jumping about and vying for the attention of the people standing nearby. They were as glad to be rid of the monsters as anyone else. Overhead the sun had almost come to end its travel westward.

Groder and his group were sitting by the stairs the led up to the ramparts. She had just made it over there when a voice made her freeze and sent chills down her spine.

“Oh Nalia.” The voice was smooth and oily, much like a snake. “I heard about what happened, I was raising our troops when I was reached by the word that the invasion had been stopped.” He paused. “So naturally I came here as fast as I could.”

The man who had spoken was tall with an athletic build beneath his fine clothes. He had short blonde hair that rested over a face that could only be described as arrogant. He strode over to Nalia, a fine rapier dangling at his hip. He was followed by two armoured men that cast suspicious glances around them. Nalia straightened and smiled falsely, she didn’t need this as well.

“Isaea, what a pleasure, I couldn’t really wait for all our friends to arrive so I hired mercenaries.” She waved one of her bag filled hands at Groder and the party.

Isaea lifted an eyebrow in clear annoyance. “A motley crew to be sure, seems like they did the job though.”

Nalia handed the bags to Groder whom handed the smaller one to Mogal. The ogress picked out a coin and bit it. Satisfied she dropped it back in the bag and stood up.

“So where will you be going?” Groder asked.

“East, I heard that there where renegades in the hills there. Maybe we see each other again.” The ogress said and walked out of the keep, maul resting on one shoulder. Isaea took a step back when she passed.

“Now perhaps we can talk about our future…” Isaea began addressing Nalia but was cut of by Groder.

“This isn’t nearly enough.” The boy stated holding up the bag. “4000?” He shook his head. “If I didn’t know better I would say you are trying to fool us.”

Nalia looked a bit shocked if not insulted.

“You promised 2000 to the ogress, this was all I could scrape together.” She told him

“We didn’t risk our life for a sum you could get from fleecing a noble at cards.”

“You didn’t exactly do a good job did you?” Nalia spoke through clenched teeth. “My home is in shambles, you assaulted my aunt and my father is dead!”

“Those were unforeseen consequences, out of our control.” Groder stood staring Nalia in the eyes, green locked with green.

“Invasions tend to make things messy, your aunt is an uppity bitch and trolls are notoriously poor at keeping prisoners alive! If you want to blame someone blame whoever arranged this in the first place!.”

The young noble and the boy squared off. Staring at each other, the anger bottled up in Nalia threatening to erupt.

“I think we can solve this. I am so sorry about you father, Nalia” Isaea interjected sweetly. “Nalia is after all my betrothed and I can pay the additional fee for you mercenaries. We shall of course restore the keep after the lands are annexed to the Roenall properties.”

Nalias head snapped towards Isaea.

“No.” She stated. Isaea looked a bit confused.

“What do you mean Nalia?” He blinked

“No.” She repeated. “I am of age and the only living De`Arnsie.” He voice choked up at this point but she carried on. “I can break off this ridiculous betrothal that I for one never wanted.”

Isaeas smile disappeared.

“And how do you intend to rule your lands without money? How will you rule, you are a woman and frankly the De`Arnise name does not carry the respect it once had.” He stated.

“If we are not respected by the likes of Amns nobles then I will gladly not have any of it.”

Isaea sighed.

“I see you still have those quaint little notions of yours. Seriously now Nalia, this game grows boring.”

Nalia looked at Groder again who was yawning and scratching his leg.

“According to Amns laws the liberator of a keep can take possession of it as warlord.” Nalia pointed at Groder. “It is his right.”

Isaea chortled.

“You would give your home to this insolent little boy?”

“I am serious Isaea. It is my decision as head of the De`Arnise family.” Nalia crossed her arms over her chest in a gesture of finality.

“I don’t want it.” Groder said. Both Nalia and Isaea turned to look at him.

“I mean, what would I do with it? I don’t want to be burdened by a trashed heap of stone.” Groder shrugged.

“As compensation?” Nalia said hopefully.

“So I could sell it to him then?” Groder nodded at Isaea.

“No!” Nalia shouted.

“Then I don’t want it.” Groder said and sat back down. Viconia looked utterly bored and Yoshimos features had hardened during the exchange.

Arat came walking over with a few guards. Most of the courtyard had assembled at the stairs by now. Worry was etched on the captain’s face.

“Is there a problem?”

“No” The young noble said looking defeated for a moment and then she turned back to Isaea with determination written all over her features.

“Fine.” She said, a hard edge worked its way into her voice. “You can have the keep and the lands but not me. As I am of age and the last living De`Arnise I declare in front of all these witnesses.” She motioned towards the assembled people including Arat, Groder, Yoshimo and Viconia. ”That the betrothal is over.”

“My lady?” Arat sounded hesitant. “I am not versed in these affairs but do you not need something in writing.”

“Not really, witnesses are enough since I am of age. There was never any written agreement anyways.”

“Please captain, you served my father well, you all did and have my thanks.” She spoke loudly so all those assembled could hear her. “If you stay on when the Roenalls own these lands is your decision. They will owe you, your last salary either way.”

Cries sounded through the air: “never”, “in their dreams.” And “we are not thugs.”

Isaeas face had darkened considerably. His guards had let their hands fall to their weapons.

“So, what will you do instead Nalia?” He asked with that same snake like voice.

Nalia turned to Groder.

“I will take up adventuring as a profession.” She bowed slightly to Groder. He stood, nodding with a wolfish smile. He bowed back.

“If you let me, I would like to accompany you.” Nalia continued. “We will have do endeavour to keep this behind us.”

“Of course, a mage is always needed.” The smile didn’t let up.

Isaea looked dumbfounded.

“Come now, Nalia. Surely you aren’t serious about living your life like a vagabond, scraping together you existence on a day to day basis?” He waved at Groder. “With them, a child, some foreigner and a dark elf?”

“I choose the lesser devil, Isaea. Good bye.”

They left Isaea standing in the courtyard stamping his foot like a petulant child. He was soon mobbed out of sight by guards and servants wanting to arrange for their final salaries to be paid.

As they started down the road leading from the keep Nalia looked back. The sun was slowly setting and bathing the keep in a red light. She swore that she would own her home again one day.

Next time there is a heartfelt reunion and a dream...

#2 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

Poor Nalia :lol: I'm glad yours has some backbone, though; it's ridiculous how she has to go along with the Roenalls if you don't assist her.

#3 Guest_sparrow_*

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

I still really like how you write Nalia, with her not being afraid to stand up to Groder and Isaea in the end. And the Viconia healing Groder and looking somewhat tender was aww. Looking forward to how she will cope in the group, but I'm sure Yoshimo will take care of her. :lol:

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:28 AM

The cooking of the dogs did not agree with Nalia who was delegated to bring a bottle of wine and a platter of dried meat to Mogal. Yoshimo lifted the ladle from the pot containing the stew and eyed it critically. It looked more like lumps floating around in thick milk then anything else. Viconia took another bite from an apple she had picked up from the pantry and rolled her eyes. Groder lifted an eyebrow; the stew did smell deceptively good.

I really hope Lord E doesn’t read this. I don’t love dogs one tenth as much as she does and it grosses me out a bit.

Being absorbed by the need to feed the Umber Hulks did not notice the group sneaking out of the crypt. The room that the insects had occupied was an old sitting room, presumably for waiting on ceremonies taking place in the crypts. Benches were lined against the walls as well as crates and old furniture covered in white sheets.

Maybe for the public torturing, I think I remember a couple of iron maidens being down there.

“Are you sure that none of you idiots ate her? You killed Lord De`Arnise and lost his daughter, everything has gone to hell! He won’t be happy. You better…”

“Ach... Shut up!” there was a wet crunching sound.

Them trolls don’t like being criticized. :lol:

Nalia had frozen and had put her hands to her mouth in order to not cry out. The girl was shaking and tears streamed down her face.

“I trust we can rely on you as well.” Groder hissed at her.

Ooooh, ten points for Mr.Empathy!

The troll grinned and raised one foot to stomp the boy’s chest when an arrow slammed into its neck. It staggered and seemed to discover the archer for the first time. Ignoring Groder it sprinted over to the body of the dead mage. It picked the body up and hurled it at Yoshimo and Nalia. Both of them ducked the corpse projectile but Nalias spell was interrupted and Yoshimo dropped his bow.

Err, good thing he wasn’t hurling Nalia’s father at her…

In the melee Nalia had forgotten about her father, now she rushed towards the back of the crypt. She paused and realized that he could still be recognized but an arm was missing and his chest had been caved in. She whished that it wasn’t her father laying there, not his blood caked red hair and thick moustache. Not his friendly face and smiling mouth. Not those arms that had held her as a child. She sank to her knees.

:wink:

Groder had speculated that someone was behind the attack but there was little evidence left of that now. She couldn’t phantom the idea of someone getting monsters like that together and sending them on her father. He had no enemies.

Ha! Someone in his position will always have enemies, simply by the virtue of his birthright!

“Oh Nalia.” The voice was smooth and oily, much like a snake. “I heard about what happened, I was raising our troops when I was reached by the word that the invasion had been stopped.” He paused. “So naturally I came here as fast as I could.”

Not wasting any time, the jerk.

“East, I heard that there where renegades in the hills there. Maybe we see each other again.” The ogress said and walked out of the keep, maul resting on one shoulder. Isaea took a step back when she passed.

Theo: Hopefully she’s not amongst the ogres in the Sythillisian army. :roll:

“This isn’t nearly enough.” The boy stated holding up the bag. “4000?” He shook his head. “If I didn’t know better I would say you are trying to fool us.”

4000 gold, not enough for you? I guess he wants to live in a luxury as well.

“You promised 2000 to the ogress, this was all I could scrape together.” She told him

Yeah, it’s not Nalia’s fault if you give away a third of your reward by subcontracting someone else to help you.

“I think we can solve this. I am so sorry about you father, Nalia” Isaea interjected sweetly. “Nalia is after all my betrothed and I can pay the additional fee for you mercenaries. We shall of course restore the keep after the lands are annexed to the Roenall properties.”

Well, Groder won’t care as long as he gets more money. :cry:

“According to Amns laws the liberator of a keep can take possession of it as warlord.” Nalia pointed at Groder. “It is his right.”

Pbbbt… should have offered it to Yoshimo instead, he looks more credible and overall seems like a more decent person.

“I mean, what would I do with it? I don’t want to be burdened by a trashed heap of stone.” Groder shrugged.

“As compensation?” Nalia said hopefully.

“So I could sell it to him then?” Groder nodded at Isaea.

Charming lad, eh? See how he cares about your fate, Nalia?

“Then I don’t want it.” Groder said and sat back down. Viconia looked utterly bored and Yoshimos features had hardened during the exchange.

He probably won’t have many moral issues with handing Groder over to Irenicus. :lol:

“I will take up adventuring as a profession.” She bowed slightly to Groder. He stood, nodding with a wolfish smile. He bowed back.

Urgh. I advise seeking another group, though. :lol:

As they started down the road leading from the keep Nalia looked back. The sun was slowly setting and bathing the keep in a red light. She swore that she would own her home again one day.

Well… provided Groder doesn’t lead you to your death.

Next time there is a heartfelt reunion and a dream...

Reunion, I guess Groder will make Jaheira beg for forgiveness and kiss his boots, or something like that, the idiot. :lol:

#5 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

Poor Nalia :wink: I'm glad yours has some backbone, though; it's ridiculous how she has to go along with the Roenalls if you don't assist her.

Yeah, that is kind of weird. My Nalia got massive spinal surgery during the last few hours of her life. :roll:

#6 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

[quote]I still really like how you write Nalia, with her not being afraid to stand up to Groder and Isaea in the end.[/quote]

Thank you, Isaea will of course not take no for an answer.

[quote]And the Viconia healing Groder and looking somewhat tender was aww. Looking forward to how she will cope in the group, but I'm sure Yoshimo will take care of her. :wink:[/quote]

Again, thank you.
[/quote]

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:11 AM

[quote][quote]The cooking of the dogs did not agree with Nalia who was delegated to bring a bottle of wine and a platter of dried meat to Mogal. Yoshimo lifted the ladle from the pot containing the stew and eyed it critically. It looked more like lumps floating around in thick milk then anything else. Viconia took another bite from an apple she had picked up from the pantry and rolled her eyes. Groder lifted an eyebrow; the stew did smell deceptively good.[/quote]

I really hope Lord E doesn’t read this. I don’t love dogs one tenth as much as she does and it grosses me out a bit.
[/quote]

Maybe I should have put up a warning. It is not too gross is it?

[quote]
[quote]Being absorbed by the need to feed the Umber Hulks did not notice the group sneaking out of the crypt. The room that the insects had occupied was an old sitting room, presumably for waiting on ceremonies taking place in the crypts. Benches were lined against the walls as well as crates and old furniture covered in white sheets. [/quote]

Maybe for the public torturing, I think I remember a couple of iron maidens being down there.
[/quote]

Heh... :lol: Well, they never actually made it to the chambers. I am sure Groder would have had snappy comments about it though.

[quote]
[quote]“Are you sure that none of you idiots ate her? You killed Lord De`Arnise and lost his daughter, everything has gone to hell! He won’t be happy. You better…”
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[quote] “Ach... Shut up!” there was a wet crunching sound.
[/quote]

Them trolls don’t like being criticized. :lol:
[/quote]

Nope, He was kind of an idoit to yell at them.

[quote]
[quote]Nalia had frozen and had put her hands to her mouth in order to not cry out. The girl was shaking and tears streamed down her face. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[quote] “I trust we can rely on you as well.” Groder hissed at her.
[/quote]

Ooooh, ten points for Mr.Empathy!
[/quote]

Oh yeah, he is just racking up for the paladinhood.

[quote]
[quote]The troll grinned and raised one foot to stomp the boy’s chest when an arrow slammed into its neck. It staggered and seemed to discover the archer for the first time. Ignoring Groder it sprinted over to the body of the dead mage. It picked the body up and hurled it at Yoshimo and Nalia. Both of them ducked the corpse projectile but Nalias spell was interrupted and Yoshimo dropped his bow.
[/quote]

Err, good thing he wasn’t hurling Nalia’s father at her…
[/quote]

Yeah, and besides he was too far away.

[quote]
[quote]In the melee Nalia had forgotten about her father, now she rushed towards the back of the crypt. She paused and realized that he could still be recognized but an arm was missing and his chest had been caved in. She whished that it wasn’t her father laying there, not his blood caked red hair and thick moustache. Not his friendly face and smiling mouth. Not those arms that had held her as a child. She sank to her knees.[/quote]

:wink:
[/quote]

Nalia does get alot of misfortune in the game. Poor gal...

[quote]
[quote]Groder had speculated that someone was behind the attack but there was little evidence left of that now. She couldn’t phantom the idea of someone getting monsters like that together and sending them on her father. He had no enemies.
[/quote]

Ha! Someone in his position will always have enemies, simply by the virtue of his birthright!
[/quote]

As I understood it he wasn`t noble born. I may be wrong.

Of course there are always of people who wants what you have if you are a noble.

[quote]
[quote]“Oh Nalia.” The voice was smooth and oily, much like a snake. “I heard about what happened, I was raising our troops when I was reached by the word that the invasion had been stopped.” He paused. “So naturally I came here as fast as I could.” [/quote]

Not wasting any time, the jerk.
[/quote]

Nope, the smarmy ass.

[quote]
[quote]“East, I heard that there where renegades in the hills there. Maybe we see each other again.” The ogress said and walked out of the keep, maul resting on one shoulder. Isaea took a step back when she passed. [/quote]

Theo: Hopefully she’s not amongst the ogres in the Sythillisian army. :roll:
[/quote]

Maybe.... or she gets work as a cook. ;)

[quote]
[quote]“This isn’t nearly enough.” The boy stated holding up the bag. “4000?” He shook his head. “If I didn’t know better I would say you are trying to fool us.”
[/quote]

4000 gold, not enough for you? I guess he wants to live in a luxury as well.
[/quote]

I can`t really decide if 4000 is much or little. The game economy is kind of broken.

[quote]
[quote]“You promised 2000 to the ogress, this was all I could scrape together.” She told him[/quote]

Yeah, it’s not Nalia’s fault if you give away a third of your reward by subcontracting someone else to help you.
[/quote]

Doesn`t stop him from being an ass.

[quote]
[quote]“I think we can solve this. I am so sorry about you father, Nalia” Isaea interjected sweetly. “Nalia is after all my betrothed and I can pay the additional fee for you mercenaries. We shall of course restore the keep after the lands are annexed to the Roenall properties.”[/quote]

Well, Groder won’t care as long as he gets more money. :cry:
[/quote]

Well, they need it for saving Imoen... uhh... yeah...

[quote]
[quote]“According to Amns laws the liberator of a keep can take possession of it as warlord.” Nalia pointed at Groder. “It is his right.” [/quote]

Pbbbt… should have offered it to Yoshimo instead, he looks more credible and overall seems like a more decent person.
[/quote]

But Yoshmio isn`t party leader and he is a rogue! Can`t bend the rules.

[quote]
[quote]“I mean, what would I do with it? I don’t want to be burdened by a trashed heap of stone.” Groder shrugged. [/quote]

[quote]“As compensation?” Nalia said hopefully.
[/quote]

[quote]“So I could sell it to him then?” Groder nodded at Isaea.
[/quote]

Charming lad, eh? See how he cares about your fate, Nalia?
[/quote]

Ganishuka: Do not worry.... our meeting shall teach him humility.

[quote]
[quote]“Then I don’t want it.” Groder said and sat back down. Viconia looked utterly bored and Yoshimos features had hardened during the exchange.
[/quote]

He probably won’t have many moral issues with handing Groder over to Irenicus. :lol:
[/quote]

Nope, It is going to bite him in the ass though.

[quote]
[quote]“I will take up adventuring as a profession.” She bowed slightly to Groder. He stood, nodding with a wolfish smile. He bowed back. [/quote]

Urgh. I advise seeking another group, though. :lol:
[/quote]

That is a given but they are the closest one.

[quote]
[quote]As they started down the road leading from the keep Nalia looked back. The sun was slowly setting and bathing the keep in a red light. She swore that she would own her home again one day.

Well… provided Groder doesn’t lead you to your death.
[/quote]

Well, I have to traumatize her more...

[quote]
[quote]Next time there is a heartfelt reunion and a dream...[/quote]

Reunion, I guess Groder will make Jaheira beg for forgiveness and kiss his boots, or something like that, the idiot. :lol:[/quote]

He is a bastard but not stupid. Besides Jaheira has a quaterstaff to hit him with this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com