Battle Report: Day 50

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Battle Log: Shas’el Fal’shia Nai’sha.

Medusa V, Tipshone Battle Zone, Day 50.

Well, it seems that life has become more complicated, as usual. We are hard-pressed by both the Gue’la and the Orcs.

I was ordered to take a sizable force into one of the small outlying cities, and secure it as a forward base against both foes. I was not sure what to expect, but that soon became clear when we were assaulted by a company of Imperial Guard. My forces fought well, but by the end it became clear that neither my people nor the Gue’la would be able to hold the city.

I must have a word with Shas’vre Ki’su – once she is released from medical. I do not know why she landed so far off the beacon – it was a costly error; one that could have cost her her life if she had not been lucky.

The Pathfinder team, lead by Shas’ui Da’ls, was unfortunately pinned down by Gue’la shelling, and unable to use their markerlights for most of the battle. Unfortunate, as the increase in accuracy afforded by the markerlights would have been quite useful. However, the unit sustained only light casualties, for which I am grateful. We have already had enough wounded and dead.

Given the Inquisition’s last attempt to capture Aun’el N’lis, I was quite surprised when he insisted upon coming. I feared for him for most of the battle, as although the Gue’la were not making the same concerted effort to capture him, it would have been very easy for a stray shot or stray shrapnel to injure him. This did not happen, for which I am also very grateful. And his presence was a benefit, I am sure; to have an Aun on the field with us was. . . well was an interesting experience, I cannot define it more then that.

On another point to consider. . . judging from markings and coloration, this particular unit of Gue’la is known to me in passing. It is impossible to be sure, but I believe I may have spoken with their commander at one point, during my previous duties. I shall see if anything comes of that odd piece of information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com