Shadows and Twilight -- 5

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:24 PM

Shadows and Twilight – 5

Shit. . . As the troopers opened the door, Ciryon dove on Carth with a playful growl, pulling off his flight jacket and tossing it on the ground. If they didn’t look too closely, it was just the flight jacket of yet one more stranded pilot – if they didn’t see the Republic patches. So she had to make them not look at the jacket. “Play along,” She whispered to a completely stunned Carth as she kissed him on the cheek, and pulled the tie from her hair.

He grinned, blushing furiously, and looked over at the Sith troopers with a bemused expression on his face. Ciryon had to desperately hold in her laughter. Crappy acting, but it’ll work. I can play off of that. She burst into peals of laughter, that was only partially faked, and affected the staggering walk of a spice-addict or drunkard, meandering towards the troopers. “Hey. . . “ she drawled. “Sorry officer, but I’m a little busy at the moment.” She giggled and turned back towards Carth, who was just staring wide-eyed, his mouth was moving but no words were coming out. “He’s paid well for my time, I think he’d object if he had to share.” Another giggle. “Not that I’d mind.” I never thought dealing with the Hutts would be a blessing. . . She’d seen enough pleasure girls to know what the stereotype was, and what the reality was. Now it was just a matter of balancing the two into something the troopers would believe.

The Sith troopers looked at each other, and despite the silver-and-black faceplates, she could read their bemusement and confusion. Good. The more distracted they were, the less likely they’d notice the oddities of the situation. She turned back, kissed a still-gaping Carth on the nose, and grinned at the troopers. “He’s just a little shy, boys, so I don’t think you’ll want to hang around and watch.” Now to really make them distracted. She started fumbling with the edge of her shirt, and tied it around her midriff. Carth’s eyes widened, and she was sure she could hear chuckles from some of the Sith troopers.

”Uhm. . .” Carth managed to strangle out.

“Yes?” Ciryon said sweetly, a grin on her face. “Oh, right, don’t worry.” She turned back to the Sith troopers, and fumbled in the pockets of her pants for a 20 credit-coin. Glad I got in the habit of carrying hard credit. . She flipped it to the leader of the squadron. “Captain,” she smiled, deliberately over-estimating his rank. “I’m sure that we can come to an understanding? I’m more then willing to offer my services, “ she gave him a sweet smile, “but I –am- a little busy right now.”

The squadron leader nodded and motioned his people out. Ciryon would have given a great deal to hear the com chatter of that particular unit, it would have been both amusing and informative.

“What the hell was that!” Carth blurted out angrily, when the door had slammed shut behind them.

Ciryon sighed and sat on the end of the bed. “I had to distract them somehow. Now I have a reputation – and that’s all they’re going to remember. Besides, I couldn’t let them see your jacket, and so needed to give them something else to focus on.”

“And what happens if someone in that squad was a woman?” Carth said, still as red as a tomato, a scowl still on his face.

Ciryon chuckled. “I doubt it. Few women really rise to power within the Sith. It happens sometimes, but they’re Dark Jedi, not grunt troopers.” She shrugged. “And if there was, I’m still remembered as a sensationalist, and a whore, rather then anything else.” She scooped up his flight jacket off the floor. “Sorry about that, but it was my biggest worry.”

Carth simply stared. Finally: “And that doesn’t bother you?”

“Why should it?” She shrugged and shook her head. “Carth, remember that I’m not military, I’m civilian, and I’ve . . well, lets just say that I’ve had to do my share of acting. It’s just a cover, Carth. She favoured him with a lopsided grin. “Or would you rather –“

“No, no.” He cut her off quickly, with a wave of his hand. I think I touched a nerve. . . she mused. I intended that to be a joke.

“I was joking, Carth,” She sighed.

“I know, just. . .” He shook his head. “Don’t do something like that again, huh?”

She nodded. Odd . . he’s decidedly chivalrous. . . but it’s something more then that.. . I hope he’s not married or something; maybe that’s why this pissed him off. Oh, well, nothing I can do about it now. “Come on, then, lets go find Bastila.” He nodded. Ok, then, time to go. Can figure out fly-boy’s personal life later. Ciryon sheathed her vibroblade at her side, stuck her blaster in its holster, and grinned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com