Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 354 (longish; end of Bhodi battle)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

The Planetar started slashing and hacking into Bhodi's back as Adrian and Viconia fought her. Despite being gravely injured, Bhodi was holding her own.

A whirling kick took town both Adrian and Viconia. She turned to face the Planetar, and her claws blocked it's blade, again and again. Then she got in a swipe at it's clestial midriff, and tried to sink her fangs into it's etheral flesh. She found she could not feed on it, however, and spit out clouds of light, gagging.

The Planetar got in two slashes, but Bhodi held firm, clawing and kicking in return. Behind her, Adrian and Viconia began to rise.

Bhodi kicked the Planetar away and turned to face them when suddenly she was struck by a bolt of lightning. She howled, and turned to face Imoen, who was using the Short Bow of Gessen, as restored by Cromwell.

Hissing with rage, Bhodi charged. Imoen did not flinch or back away, she simply kept firing until Bhodi closed in...and then she hurled a chromatic orb right into the vampiress' face.

Crack.

Both fangs broken, Bhodi stumbled back. Imoen drew a dagger, and slashed down hard and fast, cutting off the same hand and arm she had previously taken from the vampiress.

Bhodi howled and staggered, clutching her amputation. Viconia leapt on her back, but Bhodi simply threw her off, into Adrian, and both them went down in a heap.

"You will not win," Bhodi said simply. "I won't let you." She leapt and sunk her broken fangs into Imoen's neck. She could feed well enough. The Planetar came in, and Bhodi kicked it away as though it were an offending dog.

Imoen didn't scream, or even lose her composure. She simply pulled Bhodi's fangs away from her neck. Ignoring her own bleeding, she headbutted Bhodi twice, breaking her nose, and threw her to the floor. The Planetar closed in and healed the one who had summoned it. Imoen didn't even show any signs of weakness from the bloodloss.

"That...should have killed you..." Bhodi gasped as the others closed in once more.

"You fool," Imoen said in an ice-cold voice. "I am a Bhaalspawn. You took my soul and left my father's bloody heritage as the only thing to sustain me. And we are now, in case you haven't figured it out, in my father's realm. My will rules here. Adrian's will rules here. Not yours. You are simply an opportunistic parasite. I want my good nature back. I want my happiness back. I want my sweetness back. And you will give them back to me!"

Adrian ran Bhodi through. Viconia slashed and hacked. The Planetar struck.

But Bhodi would not die. She kicked them away, and with one slash killed the Planetar. It vanished in a flash of golden light. She struggled to her feet. "No. This soul is mine. You cannot take it from me. It is not yours anymore."

Imoen's only answer was to stab again with the blade. As Bhodi reeled, she took up the bow again and shot a lightning bolt right into Bhodi's left eye.

There was a sizzling noise, and Bhodi crumpled.

"The soul....is mine...mine," Bhodi murmured.

"No," said Imoen. "It isn't." She made an arcane gesture, and a glowing light separated itself from Bhodi's body. Imoen breathed her soul back into herself and smiled. She began to weep again.

"I'm me again," she fell to her knees, crying tears of joy. "I'm me....."

Adrian hugged her and helped her up.

"No..." Bhodi coughed, spitting up black blood. "No...I can't give it up...I can't....."

"You don't get a say in the matter," Imoen said. "But if you're so desparate not to go to the lower planes....yes....I will show you mercy." Imoen made another gesture, and suddenly the gray ground reared up and formed a prison cell around Bhodi. Trapped within, Bhodi gripped the bars and howled in fear and agony.

"What did you do to her?" Adrian asked wonderingly.

"I've trapped her here," Imoen said. "And here she will remain, in that part of our father's heritage that is truly mine. Forever able to see and feel my soul and power, but unable to touch them." She waved cheerily to Bhodi and joined hands with Adrian and Viconia. "Bye sweets," Imoen said. "Have fun!"

"You are a stronger female than I ever imagined," Viconia said.

"Thanks, Vicky," Imoen smiled. "Now let's go get Adrian's soul back."

"I'm sure there will be a few more detours along the way," Adrian said as they vanished.

Bhodi tried to rattle her cage, but the bars didn't even tremble.

To her deep horror she realized that the exact opposite of her plans had occured. Instead of owning Imoen's soul....now Imoen owned her.

She was trapped here, in the pit of Imoen's power, able to see all that Imoen did but change none of it. She had become little more than a figment of Imoen's subconscious.

The vampiress threw back her head and screamed.

And screamed.

And screamed.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_bobby23_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:18 PM

hehehehehe love it

nice fight, very nice fight

love the ending!

there is a plot thing there, you see it?

anyway finaly a story thats starting too get the proper lenth again

more soon plz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com