Beloved Child 4

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

Beloved Child 4

Mook crouched in the shadows of the great Malatran ship. The shadow master had tasked her with observing the strange new arrivals, this became especially important after several obviously trained assassins had left the ship and entered the city proper. They had disappeared in its shadows, something that would have been impossible if not for the so called guild war. The docks had been kept pretty safe from the vampires that had begun waging war with Athkatla`s thieves guild but anywhere else was an open battlefield, perfect for anyone who whished it, to disappear in. What had been surprising was the fact that the assassins returned to the ship in the early mornings, after the sun had just risen. This eliminated the possibility that the strangers where more vampires but it made them no less worrisome.

Speaking of vampires, Mook was observing one scaling the ships hull, climbing towards the deck. The shadow thieves where not the only ones interested in the strangers it seemed. The nimble half-elf dove silently into the dark port waters and swam towards the anchor chain. It was easy to get a hold off; Mook could have slipped her upper body through the links. She began climbing with good speed and reached the wooden railing a minute or so after the vampire had disappeared over it and out off sight. Climbing aboard the vessel was not exactly in her orders, nor had she exactly been forbidden to but she felt it was important to see what the vampire was up to.

She stayed standing, feet in one of the chain links and hands on the railing. She peered over it onto the deck. It was empty save for the vampire that was stealthily moving towards the stern. Mook found it strange that there was no one there, not even a guard post. The vampire had made it past the last of the three great masts and was halfway to what usually were the captain’s quarters when a great booming laugh erupted out of thin air. The thief’s eyes went wide and she almost lost her footing when a flaming scimitar, larger then she was, appeared out of nowhere. Only the vampires supernatural reflexes helped it avoid a brutal downwards swing that left fire trailing in the air. But even that was not enough to save the vampire, a pale forearm landed on the deck with a quiet thud. The undead creature clutched at its severed arm and stared bewildered at the floating weapon. Then fire exploded outwards in a circle from the scimitar. The vampire tried to jump out of the way. Waves of heat washed over Mook and she almost lost her footing again. The fire dissipated before it could hit any parts of the ship and in its point of origin was a giant of a man. He was bald and his naked upper body had a reddish tinge to it, below the waist was nothing but a vortex of red smoke. Mook guessed it was some sort of genie; she had never seen one before. She also realized why there was no one on the deck.

“With a guardian like that, who needs people?”

The unlucky vampire was trying to put out a fire on his leg when the genie drove the burning scimitar through the undead creatures chest. Never having a chance, it was lifted of the deck, clawing at the burning blade with its remaining hand. The vampire howled as it was roasted by the intense flames. After what seemed like the longest minutes in Mooks life, the vampire had turned to blackened ash and gentle sea breezes carried it away. The genie let out another booming laughter, one of triumph and disappeared into thin air again. As if a signal had been given, people began coming onto the deck from the ships depths. Mook took this as her cue to get back and report to the guild. As she climbed back down, she felt troubled; the ship was magically warded and keeping genies where not something your average hedge wizard was capable of.

As the sun rose over the Bridge district, Groder, Viconia, Yoshimo and Nalia stepped out from The Five Flagons. The young noble squinted at the early morning light and stifled a small yawn. Groder inspected the torn fabric on his shoulder where had had been slashed the previous day. Viconia looked bored and Yoshimo was inching closer to Nalia.

“It is pretty early, are you sure that store you where talking about is open?” she asked looking at the Kara-turan.

“Not exactly, but we will wake him.” Yoshimo answered.

The Kara-Turan rouge led them down winding back alleys until they came into an opening that looked over the large river that divided Athkatla. The platform was a half circle encased by a rickety wooden fence. Yoshimo turned left and the others followed. A lone wooden door led into the left side building. Yoshimo knocked at the door three times and waited. When there was no response he knocked harder. After a while shuffling could be heard from within and a small hatch at about eyelevel opened in the door. A sleepy voice called out:

“For Mask’s sake, do you know how…?” The voice trailed off. “Yoshimo?” I thought you were dead?”

“Unfounded rumours as you can see, Corth.” Yoshimo beamed one of his smiles at the man behind the door.

“It’s still to damn early for you to come calling.” Corth replied. “Who is that with you?”

“Some new companions, two of them are in need of weapons and armour.” He paused. “A good small bow and a kit of work tools as well I think.” He said looking briefly at Nalia whom had told them about her meagre lock picking and bow skills on their way there.

“You better have the gold for that… I don’t do credit, as you well know.” Corth said and the sounds of unlocking came from within. Yoshimo stepped back as the door swung outwards. In the portal stood the man known as Corth, dressed in a red silken pyjama that did not fit the man within it. Corth was tall and slightly bent with arms that seemed too long. There was a balding spot on the crown of his head around it long grey strands of hair fell down around his head. He gave them all an estimating glance and the corners of his lips twisted a bit when he saw beneath Viconia`s hood.

“Come on in then.” He retreated back into the house and the group of four followed. The room held a table, a few chairs and a lone cabinet. When they entered, a large black dog rose its head from the floor, eyed them for a moment and then put its head back between its paws, apparently disinterested. Corth motioned to Groder to close the door; the boy did so and put the latch he could reach in place.

Corth nodded and walked over to a door in the far end of the room and fished a key from a chain around his neck. He put the key in the lock and tried to open the door. He cursed when the door wouldn’t open and leaned against it, trying again.

“Trice damned carpenter and his doors.”

Then he proceeded to beat the door with his shoulder. After a few hard hits, the door gave and swung slowly open. Viconia and Groder gave Yoshimo withering looks, Nalia giggled slightly. He in turn, smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Right, come on if you are coming.” Corth disappeared into the other room.

The room they now entered was smaller then the previous one and had the look of an armoury. A few racks against the walls held an assortment of weapons and armours. The farthest wall opposite the door was occupied by a cluttered bench.

“Now I don’t know what Yoshimo has told you, as you can see I don’t have much but it is good.” Corth emphasised the last word.

Groder and Viconia began inspecting the assorted goods while Nalia stood off to the side, looking at a group of bows.

“Do you need armour too girlie?” Corth asked the redhead after fussing about their choices with both Groder and Viconia, although at a distance with the dark elf. Nalia shook her head.

“No, it becomes hard to cast spells if I am wearing armour.”

“Just let them pick out what they need, Corth. Show me your new tools.” Yoshimo told Corth and led the older man to the bench.

Corth laid out various lock picks on the bench and when he seemed sure the others where not paying attention he hissed to Yoshimo.

“A kid and a bleeding Drow? What are you doing with them? Have you lost your mind? The kid has the look of a killer about him and you know about Drow, my teeth hurt just from looking at the both of them and that always spells trouble.

“I have my reasons. I must travel with them for now” Yoshmio replied curtly and kept inspecting the thief’s tools on the bench. The Kara-Turan rubbed his temples slightly. The geas had still not began exerting a fraction of its power but it still felt like Irenicus was standing right behind him and was burrowing fingers into his brain.

“Well… You look just like adventures now!” Corth said jovially as the group finished taking what they wanted from the racks. Groder wore a chain mail that once had belonged to some gnome; it had some unidentified red spots on it. He had also managed to procure a curved short sword and a few daggers. Viconia had found an acceptable chain mail as well and was taking practise swings with a mace. A round wooden shield sat on her left arm.

Nalia held a short bow and had a quiver of arrows hanging from her waist. Yoshimo tossed her a cloth bundle, which she caught. She opened it and gawked at the assorted thief’s tools in it.

“You will need to improve those skills.” Yoshimo said, smile back on his face.

“Do you have any enchanted arrows, fire or venom mainly?” Groder asked Corth.

“No, no enchanted ammunition, I’m afraid. Hard to come by for those of us that are not named Ribald Barterman or connected with the shadow thieves.”

“Damn, we could have used some. Anyway what will the price be?” Groder asked. The old man sat down on a stool by the bench and seemed to count in his head.

“And because Yoshimo is a friend.” He muttered. “I’d say about 600 gold and that is with a 200 discount on the tools.”

Groder whistled and looked expectantly at Nalia. She took out a coin purse and eyed it.

“I don’t think…” Nalia began. A grey eyebrow rose in Corth`s face.

“Maybe…” She continued. “The De`Arnise family has gold… maybe we could pay you after we come back.” Nalia finished hopefully.

“I don’t care if you are the king of Waterdeep and gave me your word that I could have the treasury, I don’t give credit.” Corth said surly.

Nalia began to say something but quieted when Groder elbowed her side.

“What about that ring with the stone?” Groder pointed at Nalias hand.

“This?” Nalia held up her right hand. A gold ring studded with an emerald sat on her ring finger.

“But this… this is a family heirloom; my father gave it to me.” Nalia looked shocked at the very thought of parting with the ring.

“Well, we could always spit and curse at the trolls. Or leave you to find someone else to help. I’m sure you will need many hands to clear away the remains of your home.” Viconia commented from behind her.

“We need weapons to help you, family heirloom or family home, it’s your choice.” Groder said matter-of-factly.

“But… if…” Nalias voice was small. “Could… could I return and purchase it back?”

Corth held out a calloused hand, it looked like a dead spider that had spread its legs istead of closing them to its body. Nalia slowly took off the ring and dropped it in Corth`s hand. He took it between two long fingers and inspected it critically.

“Yes, this should be more then enough.” He eyed Nalia. “It’s going to take some time for me to find a buyer so if you return with gold, I am sure we will be able to work something out.”

Nalia chewed on her lip, nodded slowly and turned away. Corth dropped the ring into a pocket and clapped his hands.

“Always nice with customers, now get out.” He laughed. “So I finally can eat breakfast.”

As they exited the armoury and entered the first room, the dog looked up at them again, tongue lolling out of its mouth. Corth closed the door, tried to turn the key and then opened the door fully and slammed it shut. He managed to lock it after that. The old man led them to the door and ushered them out. As they exited Yoshimo brushed by Corth and then clasped a hand on the old mans shoulder.

“See you again, Corth.”

“Your business is always appreciated Yoshimo.”

The door closed behind them as they stepped out into the early midmorning light.

“Now that we have taken care of that, I do believe we have a keep to salvage.” Groder said cheerfully. “Lead on, Lady De`Arnise.”

Nalia nodded slightly as if she hadn’t heard, she looked sad and the look in her eyes asked if she would ever see her fathers ring again. Yoshimo took the lead together with Nalia, talking to her about various traps he had encountered, at one point he procured something from a pocket and handed it to her. Groder trailed behind them with Viconia.

“So who is this mage that you want to take revenge on and have to pay such a high price to reach?” She asked

Groder shrugged.

“I really have no idea apart from that he is powerful, crazy and interested in the fact that I am a child of Bhaal.” Determination etched itself onto his young face. “He may languish is some magical prison now but I want him dead, if not only to send a message to the next one that comes along with ideas regarding me and my parentage.”

Viconia smiled slightly

“Well, you have bested your half-brother and those who stood between you and him. Now you will go up against one of the most powerful forces in Amn for your vengeance. It is a shame you where not born a Drow, you could have climbed far.”

“Why I do believe you just complimented me.” Groder said, smiled and did a half bow.

Viconia smacked the back of his head with an open palm.

“Do not be insolent, jaluk.”

Groder rubbed the back of his head and laughed a little.

"I won`t be in the future." His eyes gleemed with mirth. Viconia scoffed at him.

The group traversed the streets that where slowly filling up with people. As the reached the gates of the city the crowds where at their thickest. Merchants and farmers poured in clogging the area the held the gates. Several caravans where also waiting to leave the city.
Nalias mood seemed to have lightened a bit and she talked to several of the caravan heads about their destination. The group had stopped outside a tavern called the Crooked Crane and Nalia had gone in search of a caravan that would pass through the De`Arnise lands. When she came back to them she was practically beaming.

“I found a caravan that is just about to leave and they will pass near my home as well. We really got lucky.” Her earlier sad mood seemed to have completely evaporated. Groder spotted the reason sitting on her right ring finger. A gold ring with an emerald embedded in it. The boy looked at Yoshimo whom simply smiled slightly. Viconia rolled her eyes.

“Well.” said Groder. “Let’s be off then.”

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:15 AM

She stayed standing, feet in one of the chain links and hands on the railing. She peered over it onto the deck. It was empty save for the vampire that was stealthily moving towards the stern. Mook found it strange that there was no one there, not even a guard post. The vampire had made it past the last of the three great masts and was halfway to what usually were the captain’s quarters when a great booming laugh erupted out of thin air. The thief’s eyes went wide and she almost lost her footing when a flaming scimitar, larger then she was, appeared out of nowhere. Only the vampires supernatural reflexes helped it avoid a brutal downwards swing that left fire trailing in the air. But even that was not enough to save the vampire, a pale forearm landed on the deck with a quiet thud. The undead creature clutched at its severed arm and stared bewildered at the floating weapon. Then fire exploded outwards in a circle from the scimitar. The vampire tried to jump out of the way. Waves of heat washed over Mook and she almost lost her footing again. The fire dissipated before it could hit any parts of the ship and in its point of origin was a giant of a man. He was bald and his naked upper body had a reddish tinge to it, below the waist was nothing but a vortex of red smoke. Mook guessed it was some sort of genie; she had never seen one before. She also realized why there was no one on the deck.

Oh, very good point, made very impressively too. ;)

The unlucky vampire was trying to put out a fire on his leg when the genie drove the burning scimitar through the undead creatures chest. Never having a chance, it was lifted of the deck, clawing at the burning blade with its remaining hand. The vampire howled as it was roasted by the intense flames. After what seemed like the longest minutes in Mooks life, the vampire had turned to blackened ash and gentle sea breezes carried it away. The genie let out another booming laughter, one of triumph and disappeared into thin air again. As if a signal had been given, people began coming onto the deck from the ships depths. Mook took this as her cue to get back and report to the guild. As she climbed back down, she felt troubled; the ship was magically warded and keeping genies where not something your average hedge wizard was capable of.

Nice to see Mook in action – I hate plot deaths, so maybe that can be avoided in this story!

“It is pretty early, are you sure that store you where talking about is open?” she asked looking at the Kara-turan.

‘were’, not ‘where’… I noticed this on a few more occasions in this chapter.

The room they now entered was smaller then the previous one and had the look of an armoury. A few racks against the walls held an assortment of weapons and armours. The farthest wall opposite the door was occupied by a cluttered bench.

Strangely concealed for a regular shop, so we can safely assume that this Corth fellow is a mere fence. :shock:

“A kid and a bleeding Drow? What are you doing with them? Have you lost your mind? The kid has the look of a killer about him and you know about Drow, my teeth hurt just from looking at the both of them and that always spells trouble.

Oh, and your teeth hurt for a good reason, my good man. ;)

Nalia held a short bow and had a quiver of arrows hanging from her waist. Yoshimo tossed her a cloth bundle, which she caught. She opened it and gawked at the assorted thief’s tools in it.

Not being able to do that was probably the stupidest thing about dual-classing in BG2. ;)

You need venom on them? Take my advice boy – lick them. ;)

“Maybe…” She continued. “The De`Arnise family has gold… maybe we could pay you after we come back.” Nalia finished hopefully.

“I don’t care if you are the king of Waterdeep and gave me your word that I could have the treasury, I don’t give credit.” Corth said surly.

Yes, and if you can’t pay this guy, he looks like the type to force her to earn her money working on the street…

“This?” Nalia held up her right hand. A gold ring studded with an emerald sat on her ring finger.

“But this… this is a family heirloom; my father gave it to me.” Nalia looked shocked at the very thought of parting with the ring.

And it’s the only thing that makes her useful!

“Yes, this should be more then enough.” He eyed Nalia. “It’s going to take some time for me to find a buyer so if you return with gold, I am sure we will be able to work something out.”

Wow, Nalia has managed to entangle herself with a whole load of sleazebags here.

Nalia nodded slightly as if she hadn’t heard, she looked sad and the look in her eyes asked if she would ever see her fathers ring again. Yoshimo took the lead together with Nalia, talking to her about various traps he had encountered, at one point he procured something from a pocket and handed it to her.

Got her ring back, did he? ;)

“Well, you have bested your half-brother and those who stood between you and him. Now you will go up against one of the most powerful forces in Amn for your vengeance. It is a shame you where not born a Drow, you could have climbed far.”

Maybe he has some Drow genes, certainly looks that way!

“I found a caravan that is just about to leave and they will pass near my home as well. We really got lucky.” Her earlier sad mood seemed to have completely evaporated. Groder spotted the reason sitting on her right ring finger. A gold ring with an emerald embedded in it. The boy looked at Yoshimo whom simply smiled slightly. Viconia rolled her eyes.

Yoshimo is a smooth operator, indeed. And he seemed to have a soft spot for Nalia, too.

#3 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:35 AM

Waves of heat washed over Mook and she almost lost her footing again. The fire dissipated before it could hit any parts of the ship and in its point of origin was a giant of a man. He was bald and his naked upper body had a reddish tinge to it, below the waist was nothing but a vortex of red smoke. Mook guessed it was some sort of genie; she had never seen one before. She also realized why there was no one on the deck.

Eeenteresting!

Ah, everyone's dream customer :shock:

The Kara-Turan rouge

Nitpick: he's not makeup. Just a pet peeve ;)

“It’s still to damn early for you to come calling.” Corth replied. “Who is that with you?”

Told ya he wouldn't be happy!

Corth nodded and walked over to a door in the far end of the room and fished a key from a chain around his neck. He put the key in the lock and tried to open the door. He cursed when the door wouldn’t open and leaned against it, trying again.

My apartment windows are a bit like that ;)

Loot!

“I have my reasons. I must travel with them for now” Yoshmio replied curtly and kept inspecting the thief’s tools on the bench. The Kara-Turan rubbed his temples slightly. The geas had still not began exerting a fraction of its power but it still felt like Irenicus was standing right behind him and was burrowing fingers into his brain.

;)

“Well… You look just like adventures now!” Corth said jovially as the group finished taking what they wanted from the racks. Groder wore a chain mail that once had belonged to some gnome; it had some unidentified red spots on it.

Yes, I'm sure they're unidentified...

Yes, because Yoshimo will not be around forever...

“And because Yoshimo is a friend.” He muttered. “I’d say about 600 gold and that is with a 200 discount on the tools.”

Groder whistled and looked expectantly at Nalia. She took out a coin purse and eyed it.

Doh!

“Well, we could always spit and curse at the trolls. Or leave you to find someone else to help. I’m sure you will need many hands to clear away the remains of your home.” Viconia commented from behind her.

“We need weapons to help you, family heirloom or family home, it’s your choice.” Groder said matter-of-factly.

:D

“But… if…” Nalias voice was small. “Could… could I return and purchase it back?”

Corth held out a calloused hand, it looked like a dead spider that had spread its legs istead of closing them to its body. Nalia slowly took off the ring and dropped it in Corth`s hand. He took it between two long fingers and inspected it critically.

Nice to see that ring put to some use ;)

“Now that we have taken care of that, I do believe we have a keep to salvage.” Groder said cheerfully. “Lead on, Lady De`Arnise.”

Nalia nodded slightly as if she hadn’t heard, she looked sad and the look in her eyes asked if she would ever see her fathers ring again.

She shouldn't worry so much about seeing the ring again...

;)

#4 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:39 AM

Not being able to do that was probably the stupidest thing about dual-classing in BG2. ;)

That, and the fact that you can't even use your old skills till you've outleveled your first class :shock: As if dualclassing a thief to mage would make her lose all bow skill, but suddenly become a wiz with a sling...

;)

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:26 PM

That, and the fact that you can't even use your old skills till you've outleveled your first class :shock: As if dualclassing a thief to mage would make her lose all bow skill, but suddenly become a wiz with a sling...

Yeah... it was so much pain to dual Imoen to a mage in BG1. Arrrrrrgh. Only did it once, the rest of the time I keep her a single classed rogue. ;)

#6 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

Yeah... it was so much pain to dual Imoen to a mage in BG1. Arrrrrrgh. Only did it once, the rest of the time I keep her a single classed rogue. ;)

Suffice to say that when I get to that point with Ember's party ingame (I play my story party for inspiration; they've been waiting at the bandit camp since January), I will be juggling Imoen with Shadowkeeper, probably by lowering her thief level temporarily without adjusting the skills. She is NOT going to have slings forced upon her ;)

#7 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

[quote name="Theodur"][quote]She stayed standing, feet in one of the chain links and hands on the railing. She peered over it onto the deck. It was empty save for the vampire that was stealthily moving towards the stern. Mook found it strange that there was no one there, not even a guard post. The vampire had made it past the last of the three great masts and was halfway to what usually were the captain’s quarters when a great booming laugh erupted out of thin air. The thief’s eyes went wide and she almost lost her footing when a flaming scimitar, larger then she was, appeared out of nowhere. Only the vampires supernatural reflexes helped it avoid a brutal downwards swing that left fire trailing in the air. But even that was not enough to save the vampire, a pale forearm landed on the deck with a quiet thud. The undead creature clutched at its severed arm and stared bewildered at the floating weapon. Then fire exploded outwards in a circle from the scimitar. The vampire tried to jump out of the way. Waves of heat washed over Mook and she almost lost her footing again. The fire dissipated before it could hit any parts of the ship and in its point of origin was a giant of a man. He was bald and his naked upper body had a reddish tinge to it, below the waist was nothing but a vortex of red smoke. Mook guessed it was some sort of genie; she had never seen one before. She also realized why there was no one on the deck.
[/quote]

[quote]“With a guardian like that, who needs people?” [/quote]

[quote]
Oh, very good point, made very impressively too. ;)
[/quote]

Thankee sai.

[quote]
The unlucky vampire was trying to put out a fire on his leg when the genie drove the burning scimitar through the undead creatures chest. Never having a chance, it was lifted of the deck, clawing at the burning blade with its remaining hand. The vampire howled as it was roasted by the intense flames. After what seemed like the longest minutes in Mooks life, the vampire had turned to blackened ash and gentle sea breezes carried it away. The genie let out another booming laughter, one of triumph and disappeared into thin air again. As if a signal had been given, people began coming onto the deck from the ships depths. Mook took this as her cue to get back and report to the guild. As she climbed back down, she felt troubled; the ship was magically warded and keeping genies where not something your average hedge wizard was capable of. [/quote]

[quote]
Nice to see Mook in action – I hate plot deaths, so maybe that can be avoided in this story!
[/quote]

Mook will most likely stay alive.

[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
‘were’, not ‘where’… I noticed this on a few more occasions in this chapter.
[/quote]

I`ll check it over and revise it. I thought I got all of those. At least Yoshimos twin brother Yoshmio was edited out. :shock:

[quote]The room they now entered was smaller then the previous one and had the look of an armoury. A few racks against the walls held an assortment of weapons and armours. The farthest wall opposite the door was occupied by a cluttered bench.
[/quote]

[quote]
Strangely concealed for a regular shop, so we can safely assume that this Corth fellow is a mere fence. ;)
[/quote]

Yep, a provider of illicit goods our good Corth is.

[quote]“A kid and a bleeding Drow? What are you doing with them? Have you lost your mind? The kid has the look of a killer about him and you know about Drow, my teeth hurt just from looking at the both of them and that always spells trouble. [/quote]

[quote]
Oh, and your teeth hurt for a good reason, my good man. ;)
[/quote]

Oh, yeah.

[quote]Nalia held a short bow and had a quiver of arrows hanging from her waist. Yoshimo tossed her a cloth bundle, which she caught. She opened it and gawked at the assorted thief’s tools in it.

[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, I wonder what they where thinking with no pure thief or mage.

[quote] “Do you have any enchanted arrows, fire or venom mainly?” Groder asked Corth. [/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

He he... maybe Bhaal can arrange for some venom secretion power.

[quote]“Maybe…” She continued. “The De`Arnise family has gold… maybe we could pay you after we come back.” Nalia finished hopefully.

“I don’t care if you are the king of Waterdeep and gave me your word that I could have the treasury, I don’t give credit.” Corth said surly. [/quote]

[quote]
Yes, and if you can’t pay this guy, he looks like the type to force her to earn her money working on the street…
[/quote]

Had she been alone, most likley yes.

[quote]“This?” Nalia held up her right hand. A gold ring studded with an emerald sat on her ring finger.

[/quote]

[quote]
And it’s the only thing that makes her useful!
[/quote]

He, kind of.

[quote]“Yes, this should be more then enough.” He eyed Nalia. “It’s going to take some time for me to find a buyer so if you return with gold, I am sure we will be able to work something out.”[/quote]

[quote]
Wow, Nalia has managed to entangle herself with a whole load of sleazebags here.
[/quote]

Yep, not what she expected when she left her keep.

[quote]Nalia nodded slightly as if she hadn’t heard, she looked sad and the look in her eyes asked if she would ever see her fathers ring again. Yoshimo took the lead together with Nalia, talking to her about various traps he had encountered, at one point he procured something from a pocket and handed it to her. [/quote]

[quote]
Got her ring back, did he? :D
[/quote]

Yep, a true gentleman.

[quote]“Well, you have bested your half-brother and those who stood between you and him. Now you will go up against one of the most powerful forces in Amn for your vengeance. It is a shame you where not born a Drow, you could have climbed far.”
[/quote]

[quote]
Maybe he has some Drow genes, certainly looks that way!
[/quote]

Distant Drow ancestor: You can`t prove anything! I was drunk!

[quote]“I found a caravan that is just about to leave and they will pass near my home as well. We really got lucky.” Her earlier sad mood seemed to have completely evaporated. Groder spotted the reason sitting on her right ring finger. A gold ring with an emerald embedded in it. The boy looked at Yoshimo whom simply smiled slightly. Viconia rolled her eyes. [/quote]

[quote]
Yoshimo is a smooth operator, indeed. And he seemed to have a soft spot for Nalia, too.[/quote]

Indeed he does.

#8 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

Waves of heat washed over Mook and she almost lost her footing again. The fire dissipated before it could hit any parts of the ship and in its point of origin was a giant of a man. He was bald and his naked upper body had a reddish tinge to it, below the waist was nothing but a vortex of red smoke. Mook guessed it was some sort of genie; she had never seen one before. She also realized why there was no one on the deck.

Eeenteresting!

I hope so. ;)

Ah, everyone's dream customer :shock:

The money makes everything good ;)

The Kara-Turan rouge

Nitpick: he's not makeup. Just a pet peeve ;)

I just knew I spelled that wrong. Fixing it soon.

Told ya he wouldn't be happy!

He will get happier. He he...

My apartment windows are a bit like that ;)

I had a bathroom door like that. You went in and closed the door, then you didn`t get out.

Loot!

Yep, and it had already been looted to. It is second hand loot.

:D

It can`t be pleasant to constantly walk atound with buzzing pain in your skull.

“Well… You look just like adventures now!” Corth said jovially as the group finished taking what they wanted from the racks. Groder wore a chain mail that once had belonged to some gnome; it had some unidentified red spots on it.

Yes, I'm sure they're unidentified...

We will just pretend it is wine. :D

Yes, because Yoshimo will not be around forever...

Yep, he may disappear earlier then expected too.

Doh!

He, she should have brought the large purse.

:P

Yeah, he is a funny little guy isn`t he?

Nice to see that ring put to some use :D

Nalia does not agree.

Nalia nodded slightly as if she hadn’t heard, she looked sad and the look in her eyes asked if she would ever see her fathers ring again.

She shouldn't worry so much about seeing the ring again...

Well, everything is just kind of dropping down on her right now.

;)

Yoshimo saves the day or rather the ring and Nalias mood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com