Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 349

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:04 AM

Bhodi glanced back at Viconia, "sleeping" peacefully in Bhodi's own coffin. The Drow had glared at her but taken the blood transfer without argument, knowing full well what it meant. She was probably planning something. Bhodi did not care. If the Drow lay quiet now it meant she could array her forces all the more effectively without distraction.

She had no illusions about the children upstairs destroying Adrian; even if he hadn't brought along all this extra help, all they would have done was weakened him. That was still her plan. All of her children were, after all, expendable.....save one.

"Drayven," she took him to one side. "I expect us to win this day. But I am not fool enough to dismiss the possibility of defeat."

He blinked. "But Mistress...."

"Hush." She laid one long black nail over his lips. "Adrian will be here soon. You will hold back. You will not attack until things start going our way. And if by some chance we begin to lose....you will flee. Turn to mist and find one of your own secluded coffins, and wait there for Adrian and his party to leave. Then leave this place, and start a coven anew."

"But why?"

"You know why. I told you about what you are to our kind. Of your potential."

He began to tremble. "Mistress, I cannot leave you--"

"You can and you will," she insisted softly. "Now, like as not, we shall triumph and drink Adrian's sweet murderous, blood this day. And Imoen...." she smiled. "Yes, I have grown very fond of her soul. Her, I will make one of us, as I have the Drow. You make take either to bed with you, as you wish. But one must prepare for all contingencies. Do you understand me, sweet child?"

He was sullen, but he nodded. "Yes, Mistress."

She put her hand on his shoulder. Her eyes glowed a slightly brigheter violet than usual. "The blessings of Darkness are on you, my child. My sweet child. Now hang back. "

Scowling, Drayven retreated to the furthest corner of the chamber from the entrance, by one of the bloodfountains, and waited.

She arrayed her other children, lesser undead, and the helmed horror constructs as best as she was able.

Then she tended to the reawakening Viconia, who spat a long string of curses at her in Drow, which she ignored.

----

Adrian and Drizzt fought side by side. Anomen was a whirlwind with a hammer. Zavrian blurred his katanas as though they were a blade barrier.

The others scrambled out of the way of Imoen's Frost Slayer form. She tore through the enemy, leaving ice and blood in her wake. Eventually she tuned back to normal and collapsed.

Despite his frozen fury over Viconia, he was at his sister's side in an instant.

"I couldn't.....hold it any longer..." Imoen said sadly, almost apologetically. "Unless we find some other way...to control these forms....I won't be able to do it again."

"Then don't," Adrian said simply. "I won't lose you."

"We'll get Vickie back," Imoen reassured him as he helped her to her feet.

"Yes, we will," Adrian said grimly.

Drizzt had watched the transformation warily but said nothing. He said nothing now. Adrian knew there would be questions if they triumphed. He would deal with them then.

The party stormed into the spike chamber, wreaking havoc as they went....
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com