Ember's Tale 14: Ice and Fire

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:05 AM

Chapter 14: Ice and Fire

Appropriately enough, the two winter wolves had attacked during a light snowfall. A grueling battle had followed; they had all felt the chill of the wolves' icy breath at least once before the beasts were dealt with.

"Why would anyone want to hunt those on purpose?" Imoen asked while Ajantis applied his healing powers to her injured shoulder.

"Because they are magical," Kivan said, kneeling over the wolf corpses. "Come see." They all gathered around Kivan. He pointed at the pure white pelt of one of the wolves. "Do you see it?"

"No, what's to see?" Ember asked.

Kivan ruffled the fur, sending up a shower of ice crystals. "Snow does not melt on them. And if you see here, their blood does not wet the fur. But that is not all; touch them."

Ember and Imoen both reached out and touched the pelt. "It's warm!" Imoen exclaimed, burying her fingers in the soft fur.

"Indeed it is. Such a pelt will keep anyone warm and dry throughout the coldest winter. And its color is unmatched."

Ajantis gingerly touched one of the dead wolves. "Amazing!" he exclaimed.

"It seems a shame to have this go to waste," Ember said as she stroked one of the soft, snow-coloured pelts.

"I should be able to skin them in a matter of minutes," Kivan said, pulling out his dagger. "Minsc, are you familiar with skinning?"

Minsc nodded and produced a dagger of his own. "The Ice Dragon Berserker Lodge at home hunts winter wolves in mild weather," he said as he cut a line down the belly of one of the wolves. The skin beneath the fur was very dark, and was easily separated from the underlying tissues. "I got a fur for my witch before my dajemma," he continued proudly.

"Your witch?" Ajantis asked.

"Your dajemma?" Imoen asked.

"My dajemma? It is a test, and when I complete it, I shall be a man. I must follow and guard Dynaheir wherever she takes me, and when I am ready, she will let me know. "

"So Dynaheir is your witch?"

"Little Imoen is wise! Yes, my Dynaheir is one of the wychalarn. She is very clever, and she knows very much about magic. She helps Minsc as much as Minsc helps her."

"She sounds like a good witch," Ember said.

"A very good witch," Minsc said somberly.

---

The snowfall had long since ended when they came across two men. They were sitting at a small fire in the shelter of a rock outcropping, and appeared to be roasting a brace of rabbits. As they drew closer, one of the men stood up and approached them. He carried a halberd, but was using the weapon as a walking stick, and his whole demeanour appeared rather unthreatening.

"Hey there fellas," he said amiably, leaning casually on the halberd pole. "Seems like your party's wandered a bit off the beaten path."

"Sometimes, the beaten path doesn't lead where you need to be," Ember said.

"True, that," the man replied. "Well, it's too bad for you, cause you've had the misfortune of meeting the fastest draw in the west. See that man over yonder?" He gestured towards his comrade, who was still sitting in front of the fire. "His name's Zal, and he's the fastest dart thrower that has ever walked the Sword Coast. Now, if I were you, I wouldn't want to test the patience of such a man. So why don't you do the wise thing and hand over all your money. Otherwise you're going to be in a heap of trouble."

Ember scoffed at the man's boast. "The fastest dart thrower in the west? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of."

"You don't say?" the man said. "Hear that, Zal? Seems they don't take you seriously! Guess it's time to show what for, huh?" he shouted at his companion, who got to his feet and sauntered towards them.

"Sorry guys, but you're in for a world of hurt," the first man said before taking two steps to the side.

Something whistled through the air. Imoen gasped, sounding as though she had been punched hard in the gut. Ember turned towards her friend and immediately forgot all about the impending fight.

Imoen was clutching her belly and staggering unsteadily; a very large wooden dart had pierced her leather armor and embedded itself deep in her upper abdomen. "Ow," she whimpered as she fell to her knees.

"Immy!" Ember shrieked. The shouts of their compantions - Ajantis calling out to Helm and Minsc bellowing something about Boo going for their eyes - had a dreamlike quality; while Ember heard every word, it was as if the sound came to her through a mile of water. Wasting no time, she kneeled beside Imoen and examined the wound. It was very deep, and the edges pulled open around the dart with every breath Imoen took.

"I feel so cold," Imoen whispered.

"You'll be all right, Immy, we'll get it out and get you fixed in no time," Ember said, daubing helplessly at the wound with her cloak. Blood seeped out of the wound every time it gaped open, and there was a trickle of blood on Imoen's pale lips. One thing at a time. Get the dart out, then healing potion. She pulled her flasks of healing potion out of her sack and placed them on the ground beside Imoen for easy access. "Immy, I am going to pull it out now. Are you ready?" Imoen nodded weakly.

As gently as she could, Ember eased the dart out of the wound. It wouldn't budge at first, and there was a horrible sucking sound, similar to a pole in mud, when it finally came loose. Imoen groaned with pain, and a fresh gush of blood streamed out of the wound. So much blood... please, don't die! Ember instinctively pressed down on the gushing wound with both hands.

Ember's hands felt as though they were on fire. The burning sensation rushed up her arms, blossoming into a giant flame in her chest; for a moment, she could not breathe. The flames rushed back into her hands and burst out of them in a blue flash.

"What was that?!" Imoen asked in a loud, agitated voice.

"I-I don't know!" Ember said. She slowly took her hands away from Imoen's belly. The wound was no longer bleeding at all, and it was considerably smaller than it had been mere moments ago. Somehow, it had been reduced to a shallow cut surrounded by some mild bruising. Color had returned to Imoen's face as well.

The two girls stared at each other.

The sounds of battle died off soon after, and Ajantis hurried towards Ember and Imoen. "Miss Imoen, is all well?" he asked, kneeling beside her to assess her injuries. "Ah, that is fine work, miss Ember, but I believe she should have a little more potion, just to be certain."

"I haven't had any," Imoen said in a low voice.

"But how-"

"She healed me. With her hands."

Ajantis turned towards Ember. "You did this? I was not aware that you had any priestly inclinations."

"I don't! And I don't know how I did it. It just happened."

"Strange. Could you describe it more closely?"

"I was pushing on the wound to stop the blood. My hands and chest felt like they caught on fire, and then the fire went from my hands and into Imoen in a blue flash, and the cut was like this."

Ajantis furrowed his brow. "Healing spells are usually associated with a blue glow, but I am not heard of any that feel like fire to the caster. In my experience, and from what the priests in my Order have told me, it is more common that the caster feels a benevolent sensation, such as light or cleansing water, flowing through them as they channel the healing power. Also, even my simple healing abilities require a brief incantation. This is most curious."

"Do you think it's dangerous?" Ember asked nervously.

"I honestly cannot say, miss, but you do not appear to be harmed by the experience. Do you think you could do it again?"

"No," Ember stated. "I can't explain how I know it, but I can't repeat it. Not yet, at least."

"Ah," Ajantis said, "I have a similar awareness of my own gift from the Watcher. I suspect you are unknowingly blessed by some power; you would not be the first human to receive such a gift."

"Ember, maybe one of your parents were Chosen?" Imoen suggested. She had drank a few mouthfuls of healing potion while they talked, and her wound had disappeared completely.

Ember smiled. We never went that far with our pretending games. "If they were, I hope they were the Chosen of a nice power."

"I would not worry about that, miss. Your gift is clearly of a benevolent nature. Now, let us go reassure Kivan and Minsc," Ajantis said, gesturing towards their two companions who were watching them from the battlesite.

---

They inspected the bodies before moving on. The man with the halberd had been carrying two potions of healing, and the dart thrower was wearing some decidedly magical bracers. Kivan added the potions to their cache, and carefully removed the bracers from the dead man's wrists. "I would not be surprised if these aided him. No human of his build should be able to throw darts quite like that," he said.

"Speaking of magical items," Imoen said, "I think I should try wearing that leather armor we got yesterday."

"But we don't know its enchantment yet," Ember protested. "It's not safe!"

Imoen looked her squarely in the eye. "Look, I've been thinking about this. All I know is that it looked like it'd fit me, and that this set is ruined, and that if the wolves and fastest dartsmen in the west are going to insist on attacking me first, I want to be a bit more protected. I know that woman was weird, but she stayed that way even after you took the armor from her, so it probably isn't cursed. And you can just knock me out if I go nuts and start challenging the squirrels to unarmed combat, you know."

Minsc and Boo can watch you," the giant man offered. "If the armor makes you do bad things, we can tie you up safely and then carry you somewhere to be fixed. Minsc has a strong back and can easily carry a small Imoen, and Boo can sing you little songs to make you happy again."

Imoen smiled happily at Minsc. "Thank you! I'd love to hear Boo sing."

"That armor did appear to be stronger than yours, even when yours was not damaged," Ajantis said.

"I agree," Kivan said. "It is a risk, but so is going into battle with inadequate gear."

"Very well," Ember said. She opened her pack, pulled out the soft leather armor, and handed it to Imoen. Imoen pulled off her old, torn armor, hesitated for a moment, then visibly steeled herself and put on the magical set. It was a near perfect fit.

"Well," Imoen said, "I don't feel any different. The only change is that it's so much lighter and more comfortable than my old armor. It's almost no heavier than just wearing a tunic or a dress!"

Ember smiled with relief. "You don't look different either, other than prettier. It suits you."

They continued onward through the wild, rocky landscape; past rambling thickets, across shallow streams with many beds, over crumbling patches of unmelted winter snow, through giant archways carved from sandstone by wind and weather, always following the tracks of the gnolls deeper into the mountains. They saw no more wolves and no more people.

By evening, they could see a large, haphazard jumble of walls and towers in the distance ahead of them. The buildings were rendered more visible by their lengthening shadows, and the whole construction glowed red in the light of the setting sun.

"A gnoll fortress," Kivan said.

#2 Guest_Cantrip_*

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:34 AM

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

#3 Guest_Jean_*

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

*sniffs* Poor Minscy.

Imoen was clutching her belly and staggering unsteadily; a very large wooden dart had pierced her leather armor and embedded itself deep in her upper abdomen. "Ow," she whimpered as she fell to her knees.

Um..."ow" also. Double "ow" when it comes to the bit with the gushing blood.

Ember smiled. We never went that far with our pretending games. "If they were, I hope they were the Chosen of a nice power."

Talk about irony! Poor Ember's really in for a shock.

"Minsc has a strong back and can easily carry a small Imoen, and Boo can sing you little songs to make you happy again."

*blinks* I have this image of a hamster squeaking "Always look on the bright side of life...""

By evening, they could see a large, haphazard jumble of walls and towers in the distance ahead of them. The buildings were rendered more visible by their lengthening shadows, and the whole construction glowed red in the light of the setting sun.

Not at all sinister then...

Thanks, Cel. :) I'm really enjoying reading about Ember. :)

#4 Guest_Futurist_*

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:31 PM

Appropriately enough, the two winter wolves had attacked during a light snowfall. A grueling battle had followed; they had all felt the chill of the wolves' icy breath at least once before the beasts were dealt with.

That breath is a real danger to new adventurers.

"Indeed it is. Such a pelt will keep anyone warm and dry throughout the coldest winter. And its color is unmatched."

One of those coats would be nice to have.

The snowfall had long since ended when they came across two men. They were sitting at a small fire in the shelter of a rock outcropping, and appeared to be roasting a brace of rabbits. As they drew closer, one of the men stood up and approached them. He carried a halberd, but was using the weapon as a walking stick, and his whole demeanour appeared rather unthreatening.

Oh.. Those bozos.

"Hey there fellas," he said amiably, leaning casually on the halberd pole. "Seems like your party's wandered a bit off the beaten path."

A pleasant bandit.. so rare these days.

Ember's hands felt as though they were on fire. The burning sensation rushed up her arms, blossoming into a giant flame in her chest; for a moment, she could not breathe. The flames rushed back into her hands and burst out of them in a blue flash.

Good thing that healing power.

Ajantis furrowed his brow. "Healing spells are usually associated with a blue glow, but I am not heard of any that feel like fire to the caster. In my experience, and from what the priests in my Order have told me, it is more common that the caster feels a benevolent sensation, such as light or cleansing water, flowing through them as they channel the healing power. Also, even my simple healing abilities require a brief incantation. This is most curious."

Well, It can`t just feel like water when its Bhaal right?

"Ah," Ajantis said, "I have a similar awareness of my own gift from the Watcher. I suspect you are unknowingly blessed by some power; you would not be the first human to receive such a gift."

Yeah... "blessed"

Well.. I suppose Bhaals power is nice.

Imoen looked her squarely in the eye. "Look, I've been thinking about this. All I know is that it looked like it'd fit me, and that this set is ruined, and that if the wolves and fastest dartsmen in the west are going to insist on attacking me first, I want to be a bit more protected. I know that woman was weird, but she stayed that way even after you took the armor from her, so it probably isn't cursed. And you can just knock me out if I go nuts and start challenging the squirrels to unarmed combat, you know."

Aye.. The cursed "picks fights with squirrels (and loses)" armor

Minsc and Boo can watch you," the giant man offered. "If the armor makes you do bad things, we can tie you up safely and then carry you somewhere to be fixed. Minsc has a strong back and can easily carry a small Imoen, and Boo can sing you little songs to make you happy again."

All cursed items comes with superglue... it never becomes unstuck!

"Very well," Ember said. She opened her pack, pulled out the soft leather armor, and handed it to Imoen. Imoen pulled off her old, torn armor, hesitated for a moment, then visibly steeled herself and put on the magical set. It was a near perfect fit.

Infront of everybody?

#5 Guest_Finduilas_*

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

Chapter 14: Ice and Fire

"Why would anyone want to hunt those on purpose?" Imoen asked while Ajantis applied his healing powers to her injured shoulder.

What do they get you, 200 gp? That's a lot of money in BG1.

"I should be able to skin them in a matter of minutes," Kivan said, pulling out his dagger. "Minsc, are you familiar with skinning?"

Minsc nodded and produced a dagger of his own. "The Ice Dragon Berserker Lodge at home hunts winter wolves in mild weather," he said as he cut a line down the belly of one of the wolves. The skin beneath the fur was very dark, and was easily separated from the underlying tissues. "I got a fur for my witch before my dajemma," he continued proudly.

Yeah, I bet they get plenty of fur-skinning practice in Rashemen.

BTW, 'got' seems rather modern and un-Minsc-like. Maybe 'presented' or 'brought home' or something similar would work better here.

"Your witch?" Ajantis asked.

"Your dajemma?" Imoen asked.

"My dajemma? It is a test, and when I complete it, I shall be a man. I must follow and guard Dynaheir wherever she takes me, and when I am ready, she will let me know. ''

Minsc *not* being considered "a grown man" in BG1 is a pretty scary thought, IMO.

"So Dynaheir is your witch?"

"Little Imoen is wise! Yes, my Dynaheir is one of the wychalarn. She is very clever, and she knows a lot of magic. She helps Minsc as much as Minsc helps her."

Nice explanation. I wish we had had one in BG1; I didn't know a lot of FR lore, so it was always rather unclear to me what Minsc & Dynaheir's relationship was all about.

Another nitpick: "a lot of magic" also sounds too modern to my ears. I can hear him saying "She is very clever and knows much magic" or something similar.

"True, that," the man replied. "Well, it's too bad for you, cause you've had the misfortune of meeting the fastest draw in the west. See that man over yonder?" He gestured towards his comrade, who was still sitting in front of the fire. "His name's Zal, and he's the fastest dart thrower that has ever walked the Sword Coast. Now, if I were you, I wouldn't want to test the patience of such a man. So why don't you do the wise thing and hand over all your money. Otherwise you're going to be in a heap of trouble."

Ember scoffed at the man's boast. "The fastest dart thrower in the west? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of."

"You don't say?" the man said. "Hear that, Zal? Seems they don't take you seriously! Guess it's time to show what for, huh?" he shouted at his companion, who got to his feet and sauntered towards them.

This guy was seriously annoying, and could indeed do so damage with those darts if his first target was a low-HP character.

Something whistled through the air. Imoen gasped, sounding as though she had been punched hard in the gut. Ember turned towards her friend and immediately forgot all about the impending fight.

Uh oh. Gut wound = not good.

Oooh, good intro for the Bhaalspawn healing powers. I always wondered how the PC figured out about his/her extra powers.

"Do you think it's dangerous?" Ember asked nervously.

"I honestly cannot say, miss, but you do not appear to be harmed by the experience. Do you think you could do it again?"

"No," Ember stated. "I can't explain how I know it, but I can't repeat it. Not yet, at least."

Again, nicely done, Adjantis explaining it in (non-threatening) terms he's familiar with. It's probably just as well he doesn't know the *real* source of the power.

"I would not worry about that, miss. Your gift is clearly of a benevolent nature. Now, let us go reassure Kivan and Minsc," Ajantis said, gesturing towards their two companions who were watching them from the battlesite.

Heh.

They inspected the bodies before moving on. The man with the halberd had been carrying two potions of healing, and the dart thrower was wearing some decidedly magical bracers. Kivan added the potions to their cache, and carefully removed the bracers from the dead man's wrists. "I would not be surprised if these aided him. No human of his build should be able to throw darts quite like that," he said.

"Speaking of magical items," Imoen said, "I think I should try wearing that leather armor we got yesterday."

Obviously they need to recruit someone who can cast "Identify"!

Awww, very cute and Minsc-like.

Let's go! There's a witch to rescue!

Sorry I wasn't around to comment on the previous chapters, but I do want to say how pleased I am that that Minsc joined them. BG just isn't BG without Minsc and Boo!

#6 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:00 AM

*sniffs* Poor Minscy.

Yes. This is pretty hard on him :D

Um..."ow" also. Double "ow" when it comes to the bit with the gushing blood.

Ah, my work here is done :)

Talk about irony! Poor Ember's really in for a shock.

Oh yes. Thankfully, she should be able to process it by then.

"Minsc has a strong back and can easily carry a small Imoen, and Boo can sing you little songs to make you happy again."

*blinks* I have this image of a hamster squeaking "Always look on the bright side of life...""

:)

Not at all sinister then...

Nope, not at all. No connotations of blood or anything.

Thanks, Cel. :) I'm really enjoying reading about Ember. :wink:

Thank you for commenting, and I'm glad you like my story :roll:

#7 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:09 AM

That breath is a real danger to new adventurers.

Ugh, yes :)

One of those coats would be nice to have.

Again, yes :)

Oh.. Those bozos.

The original rednecks cowboys of Faerun...

A pleasant bandit.. so rare these days.

Whatever works for him, you know?

Well, It can`t just feel like water when its Bhaal right?

Somehow I don't see Bhaal as the watery type :) (there's always drowning, but that seems a bit too bland for his preferences)

Well.. I suppose Bhaals power is nice.

As long as she can control her dreams and do what she wants with it, yes.

Aye.. The cursed "picks fights with squirrels (and loses)" armor

A squirrel can be a terrifying opponent!

All cursed items comes with superglue... it never becomes unstuck!

Not in BG, they don't! Unless you have a priest handy.

Infront of everybody?

She's wearing a tunic and pants underneath the armor, you perv :wink:

#8 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:23 AM

What do they get you, 200 gp? That's a lot of money in BG1.

The shopkeeper in Nashkel pays 500 for them.

Yeah, I bet they get plenty of fur-skinning practice in Rashemen.

From what I can gather, it seems like the kind of place that'd have winter wolves.

BTW, 'got' seems rather modern and un-Minsc-like. Maybe 'presented' or 'brought home' or something similar would work better here.

I thought about that after your comment, but any alternatives I can think of seem a bit too flowery for Minsc. Obtained and procured are things that Ajantis would say instead :) and your two options make it sound more like something he *had* to do than I wanted it.
(Anyway, the word is 800 years old)

"My dajemma? It is a test, and when I complete it, I shall be a man. I must follow and guard Dynaheir wherever she takes me, and when I am ready, she will let me know. ''

Minsc *not* being considered "a grown man" in BG1 is a pretty scary thought, IMO.

150 years ago in Norway, people were not adults till they had passed their church confirmation. Slow kids who didn't have a way with bible verses were not formally adult till they passed, even if it took 7 years longer than normal (normal being age 14-15).

"Little Imoen is wise! Yes, my Dynaheir is one of the wychalarn. She is very clever, and she knows a lot of magic. She helps Minsc as much as Minsc helps her."

Nice explanation. I wish we had had one in BG1; I didn't know a lot of FR lore, so it was always rather unclear to me what Minsc & Dynaheir's relationship was all about.

Pretty much all the FR lore I know is from the games and from random searches after playing the games :)

Another nitpick: "a lot of magic" also sounds too modern to my ears. I can hear him saying "She is very clever and knows much magic" or something similar.

I've altered that one now.

This guy was seriously annoying, and could indeed do so damage with those darts if his first target was a low-HP character.

He sucked, pure and simple. But I like his bracers :)

Oooh, good intro for the Bhaalspawn healing powers. I always wondered how the PC figured out about his/her extra powers.

She'll figure out a bit more after a few more dreams. Right now, she's had this ability for a week and hasn't known it :wink:

Again, nicely done, Adjantis explaining it in (non-threatening) terms he's familiar with. It's probably just as well he doesn't know the *real* source of the power.

He'd leave pretty fast if he knew, I think :roll: Even though he's not formally a healer, Ajantis is/has been the only one of them with any healing capability, and he's spent more time around priests and in large scale combat than any of the others. Besides, Kivan can't be the expert on *everything* :D

Obviously they need to recruit someone who can cast "Identify"!

They do, don't they?

Awww, very cute and Minsc-like.

I was a bit worried about Minsc tying someone up being out of character for him :P

Let's go! There's a witch to rescue!

To the bat-... gnollcave!

Sorry I wasn't around to comment on the previous chapters, but I do want to say how pleased I am that that Minsc joined them. BG just isn't BG without Minsc and Boo!

Well, they're still there if you see something glaring you'd like to point out :) I've had some vacation time and spent it being somewhat story prolific. Next chapter might be a while, though, as there are things I have to sort out with it.

#9 Guest_Clight_*

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:32 PM

I'd just like to briefly mention that I have been reading these stories and I'm rather liking them.

#10 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

In that case, I'd like to briefly mention that I rather like that you're rather liking them :)

#11 Sumpton

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:24 AM

Very nice...

I could hear Minsc's heart pouring as he talk breafly about his past and his duties.

I enjoyed the way you described Ember's new ability and the near instantainious nature of her new powers.

Thanks...
===================
Cheers...

#12 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:01 AM

#13 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:51 PM

Ember and Imoen both reached out and touched the pelt. "It's warm!" Imoen exclaimed, burying her fingers in the soft fur.

In Icewind Dale 2 there is a gnomish NPC Oswald Fiddlebender (same voice actor as Jan’s) who can make you items from winter wolf furs. They can be quite useful, they give cold resistance and in some cases charisma bonus as well – iirc.

Nice to see the party’s rangers using their skills.

I say a very annoying witch. B)

:lol: Seems the whole area is a gathering place for idiots. The fastest… dart thrower? Give me a break. :)

As gently as she could, Ember eased the dart out of the wound. It wouldn't budge at first, and there was a horrible sucking sound, similar to a pole in mud, when it finally came loose. Imoen groaned with pain, and a fresh gush of blood streamed out of the wound. So much blood... please, don't die! Ember instinctively pressed down on the gushing wound with both hands.

Whoever does that to Imoen deserves to die very slowly and very painfully. :)

"I-I don't know!" Ember said. She slowly took her hands away from Imoen's belly. The wound was no longer bleeding at all, and it was considerably smaller than it had been mere moments ago. Somehow, it had been reduced to a shallow cut surrounded by some mild bruising. Color had returned to Imoen's face as well.

Nice, I really liked this use of Bhaal powers. Very well done.

Err… I’d rather do without such disturbing gifts… but I guess Ajantis doesn’t really know what he’s talking about.

Little did his ‘skill’ earn him in the end. :P

True, that Sendai woman seemed like under a curse of stupidity. :lol:

She makes good points there. :D

Of course, it is very debatable if the gnolls have built it themselves. Most likely they’ve just resettled an abandoned human settlement. :P

#14 Guest_Cel_*

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:38 PM

In Icewind Dale 2 there is a gnomish NPC Oswald Fiddlebender (same voice actor as Jan’s) who can make you items from winter wolf furs. They can be quite useful, they give cold resistance and in some cases charisma bonus as well – iirc.

I never played either ID game, but that sounds very very neat. (I have a history as a tailoring Everquest player, so... :lol: )

Nice to see the party’s rangers using their skills.

That's what I pay'em for :P

I say a very annoying witch. B)

So do I, but don't tell Minsc that :wink:

:lol: Seems the whole area is a gathering place for idiots. The fastest… dart thrower? Give me a break. :)

The fastest slack jawed yokel in the west, methinks :wink:

Whoever does that to Imoen deserves to die very slowly and very painfully. :)

Will quick and painful do?

Nice, I really liked this use of Bhaal powers. Very well done.

Thanks :lol: I tried to make it very different from regular healing, and mildly unpleasant. Basically her will is ripping the necessary power from the essence.

Err… I’d rather do without such disturbing gifts… but I guess Ajantis doesn’t really know what he’s talking about.

How would he?

Little did his ‘skill’ earn him in the end. :P

Well, I think you'll agree that he did earn his fate.

True, that Sendai woman seemed like under a curse of stupidity. :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote the above and the below :lol:

She makes good points there. :D

She's the smart one in the group :lol:

Of course, it is very debatable if the gnolls have built it themselves. Most likely they’ve just resettled an abandoned human settlement. :lol:

Resettled and expanded upon, and with a quite distinctive look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com