Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 344

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

Deep in a cave beneath the deserts to the south, what appeared to be a young man slept.

"Draconis," said a deep, resonant voice.

The young man moaned and his sleep and turned on his side.

"Draconis," the voice insisted. A large form loomed over the boy, blocking out the torchlight with it's shadow.

"Mmurh...what...?" The young man's eyes fluttered.

"Draconis," the voice said again. It spoke with paternal kindness but with less and less patience. "Arise, my child."

The man, Draconis, finally opened his eyes and stared up. He showed no fear or surprise at the huge blue dragon looming over him. "What is it, father?"

"Your magecraft skills are complete, is it not so?" The dragon asked.

"Yes, father."

"Then arise. It is time for the next phase of your life to begin. You have grown quickly with the help of the magics of the Mistress of Murder, but now is the time to let your true nature come forth."

Draconis showed a flicker of fear in his eyes, and stood up, mouth drawn into a line of determination. "I look forward to that day...truly I do father, but.....what if I fail? What if I simply burst, or am unable to complete the transformation?"

"You are my son. I chose your mother well for the purpose of breeding you. You shall not fail."

Draconis nodded, then walked away from the huge blue dragon, into the open space of the cavern. The blue dragon eyed him, watching with nerovousness it would never admit to, even unto itself, and unmitigated parental pride.

"You know what to do my son. Tap into the fury of your Grandfather within your veins, and unleash the Dragonfire within your soul. The transformation shall follow as naturally as night follows day. And night there shall be, for all who oppose us. The final night."

Draconis nodded. Closed his eyes, and called upon both the dark heritage of his grandfather and the wyrm heritage of his father.

At first nothing happened, and he feared he simply could not transform at all.....and then he felt it. Felt the fire inside. Felt it grow. Felt it burn. Felt it seethe.

He sperad his hands wide and gave himself to it.

He yowled in surprise as his body grew, and stretched. Then there was a ripping sound , and his yowl became a roar.

The blue dragon watched, smiling as only a dragon can, with too many teeth. About five minutes later, it was complete.

The man had become a strange, unique kind of dragon with brown, leathery scales. The blue dragon was momentarily dissapointed that Draconis had not become a blue dragon like itself, or perhaps a green dragon like his mother. But no matter. It's son would be unique, and as such would bring terror to the Realms. It would be proud of it's son.

"Is it complete, father?" Draconis asked in his new voice, as he tried his wings for the first time.

"Yes, my son," Abazigal, the blue dragon Bhaalspawn answered. "You have done very well indeed, and I am pleased with you."
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

Draconis nodded, then walked away from the huge blue dragon, into the open space of the cavern. The blue dragon eyed him, watching with nerovousness it would never admit to, even unto itself, and unmitigated parental pride.

Um... *imagines a dragon bursting with parental pride* impressive.

The man had become a strange, unique kind of dragon with brown, leathery scales. The blue dragon was momentarily dissapointed that Draconis had not become a blue dragon like itself, or perhaps a green dragon like his mother. But no matter. It's son would be unique, and as such would bring terror to the Realms. It would be proud of it's son.

"its son"

I've a feeling that you want to give Draconis a bigger role...

"Is it complete, father?" Draconis asked in his new voice, as he tried his wings for the first time.

"I wish I could fly..."

#3 Arcalian

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:12 PM

A bigger role? Not really. But one of my favorite tricks when I'm stuck in the main plot is to show a sequence featuring some subsequent enemy. Another one coming up.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#4 Laufey

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

The young man moaned and his sleep and turned on his side.

"Draconis," the voice insisted. A large form loomed over the boy, blocking out the torchlight with it's shadow.

Normally a threatening image...but here an image of the guarding father.

"Mmurh...what...?" The young man's eyes fluttered.

"Draconis," the voice said again. It spoke with paternal kindness but with less and less patience. "Arise, my child."

Teenagers, always like to sleep in don't they? 8)

This is actually oddly cute, a word I never would have thought I'd apply to Abazigal.
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com