Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 342

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:28 AM

Adrian didn't like going without sleep. He had not done it in earnest since Irenicus had forced it on him in his torture dungeons, now so long ago that it seemed a lifetime. But he waited until the dawn. Viconia sat watching him.

At last, the circle flickered, faded, and was gone. Adrian was tired; he cracked a yawn. But he was fully in control of himself again.

Imoen had slept, and from her eyes Bhaal had given her no peace that night.

"Do you want to talk about it, little sister?" Adrian asked her.

She shook her head. "Let's just get it over with."

"We cannot cast the spell until tonight, I'm afraid," said Edwin, a little apologetically. "We will have to march."

Imoen nodded. "Let's go then."

The day was long and uneventful, a march through the grasslands. Adrian was of half a mind to turn aside to his Keep. But the triumvirate of killing Bohdi, getting Imoen's soul back, and getting the Rynn Lanthorn held priority.

They did not quite make it back to Athkatla that night, though they camped in sight of it. The lights of the city at night were soothing to Adrian. All of them save Viconia were glad to be on the surface again, overall.

Viconia and Edwin began the ritual anew with Imoen as the sun set. Adrian was very tired, but he stayed awake for his sister.

"I will watch," said Tree.

"And I," said Zavrian.

"Me too," said Jan. "She reminds me of my cousin..."

"Thank you all, but this is something I must do."

"No, szinsring," said Viconia. "Sleep. With your restoration so fresh, you do not want to have two sleepless nights in a row."

"She is right," said Edwin. "You must rest now, while you have a chance."

Adrian looked at Imoen.

She smiled sadly. "It's ok, bro. You did save me from old leather face, after all."

Reluctantly he agreed, and as the ritual began, he dropped off into a heavy, dreamless sleep. Tree, Zavrian and Jan stood witness, as promised.

-----

The next day they returned to the city. Adrian never thought he'd be so glad to see the pile of bricks.

Zavrian meant to go back to his ship in the docks, but before they could even begin, a Githyanki dropped out of nowhere and glared at them out of Yellow eyes.

A sleepy Imoen leaned against her brother and sighed. This was going to be a long day.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Bookwyrme_*

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

. . . a Githyanki dropped out of nowhere and glared at them out of Yellow eyes.

A sleepy Imoen leaned against her brother and sighed. This was going to be a long day.

Oh, lovely end bit & a marvelous response from Immy.

#3 Laufey

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

Viconia and Edwin began the ritual anew with Imoen as the sun set. Adrian was very tired, but he stayed awake for his sister.

I enjoyed seeing the bond between the siblings in this chapter - it's very sweet.

"No, szinsring," said Viconia. "Sleep. With your restoration so fresh, you do not want to have two sleepless nights in a row."

Plus, of course, he needs to be fresh in order to fight Bodhi.

Zavrian meant to go back to his ship in the docks, but before they could even begin, a Githyanki dropped out of nowhere and glared at them out of Yellow eyes.

Rini: Oh yeah...never a shortage of people trying to kill you, when you're a Spawn.
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com