Planar Escapade OOC (but Daie is still hawt)

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

This might be a really stupid question, but what's a Hin?

#22 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

Hin is what the Halflings call themselves. Don't worry, most don't seem to know, and I didn't a while ago.

#23 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:40 AM

Lol! If we play it right, we may not have to have a bad guy at all. The situation itself will probably be enough of a catalyst. Of course, these characters could have a really evil boss if you'd like. :twisted:

Ok, so we've got a Hin of what character class?

Serena, who will you be bringing on this wild ride?

Daie, are you ok with this? :wink:

#24 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

I'm leaning towards Bard or Cleric, may try something else though.

#25 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:58 AM

Yeah, I think this is crazy enough on it's own. . . we just have to play the boss and see what happens.

I'd sort of like to bring Arven. Though that might make life really, really interestning. :twisted:

#26 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:44 AM

I;m okay with it, just wondering which character to use....

#27 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

I would love to get evil Anna in this little thing or Yuri my wild mage.

#28 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:21 AM

Welcome back! A wild mage might be too chaotic, but then again, it could be fun. :twisted: As could an evil character.

Hmmm. This is definately considered a quest, and I would think it would be arranged by a society of mages and scholars... and that they would want some of their kind, but some serious protection.

I'm thinking it should start out in some remote part of FR. You know, mountainous or desert or thick marsh, with a hidden society tucked away like a dragon's egg.

Now, me, I think it'd be fun if all our characters had no choice but to do this quest for one reason or another and it turned out that it was an evil set of mages sending us out as genea pigs. That they summoned some strange artifacts and didnt' know what to make of them but they aren't willing to undertake the journey there and so they are putting together a group of people that they've managed to capture, buy from the drow, summon or geas into service.

Or maybe they have some false prophecy or something they've concocted to make us take the bait.

Or maybe they discovered that if the artifacts stay, they will distabalize the magic of the world or something like that and they need to be rid of them and they don't care if they have to use us to do it.

This time around, I think our characters should have a pretty good grasp on what they are being made to do and at least a mythical why, if not a solid one. :wink:

Of course, this is all suggestion, once again. :wink:

#29 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

Hmm. . . Arven would definitely fit in, she's a scholar and a medic. . . with some powers . . . (though they're not strictly speaking 'magic')

Though she would make life interesting, as she also refuses to pick up a weapon. :roll:

And I do like that idea. :D I think they know what they're being asked to do, at least in part, but are being forced to do it (and it would be really interesting if each character was forced into this differently)

*shrug* Just a thought.

#30 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:56 PM

Hmm. That could work out good, which each person coming up the particular method necessary for their character to be forced into service.

Are they geased? Have they settled down to raise a family and now their family is being threatened? Are they being blackmailed? Are they being paid? Perhaps your character has always wanted to get off this boring rock and here are these generous mages, bringing up an exciting adventure, offering you magical equipment and telling you all you have to do is sign this (magical) contract so they know you won't just take their equipment and not deliver the artifacts? Was your character summoned in the middle of the night into a circle of mysterious mages with dark tales of the end of the world and told that these methods were only necessary because that no one wants the end of the world but no one wants to save it? Did your character quest and hunt down a mysterious cabal of mages in their stronghold, attempt to foil their plans and be nearly killed and spared on the condition that they tag along and make sure this expedition goes smoothly? Where would you like your characters place in this to be? Keep in mind their attitude towards their employers and other members of the team are going to be shaped by how they were duped, forced- I mean, signed up for this exciting mission! :D

I'd love to play the setting or a succession of npcs, but I don't want to take that away from you guys. :roll: Besides, that would be one less character playing a part in the party and that would be...a very small party at this point.

By the way, what world is Arven from? Is she going to be a visiting scholar, a traveller they bound to their service, or someone that they don't know is native? Or did they take her from the alternate material world somehow (magical accident that nearly tore the weave appart, showing them that taking living beings from there or sending them directly is too dangerous?)

So, thus far, we (tenatively) have a halfling (hin) bard or cleric, a medic/scholar- human?, and one of two mages, either evil half elf mage Annie or Yuri the wild mage of what race?

I'm just trying to get this straight in my head and hopefully this will give Daie a kind of idea of who he'd like to bring.

I'm also figuring that we can't use really low level characters on this one since they are hardly going to go through all this trouble to pull out a level 2 party to go planes hopping. It would be a good idea to make everyone about even as far as level wize, because we don't want just one person solving everything. ;)

Also, in order to keep from having to have a stricktly teleportation mage involved (unless you guys want one of course), I'd suggest that a magic item will be involved in transporting us from plane to plane and at least another would be involved that has "Protection from Elements" on it so that when we pass through whatever dangerous plane we have to go to in order to indirectly travel to another material world, we don't get vaperized by acid snow or sufficated in elemental water or anything of that nature. ;)

I would also suggest that anyone else have at least one magic or "special" item on them at least, but not everything they carry should be magical. Also this type of thing means that there is a limited amount of carrying capacity, so traveling light would be suggested.

#31 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, that fits.

And yes, Arven's human.

I'd have to figure out what she's carrying, as she normally doesn't carry much. As for a special item . . . that one's going to take a bit of thought.

#32 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

Evil Anna would be geased to protect the party much against her will. I can see her now. Plus she hates elves. It could be that if a party member is damaged she will feel the pain too, the only thing keeping her with the party. She would have her tight leather pants and black dragon scale armor. You know she likes the tight clothes. :D

Oh and Yuri is human btw.

#33 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:47 AM

Arven. . . she would have the threat of having her mentor/guardian killed if she didn't help.

Arven: picture a small human girl, blond haired and blue eyed. She looks as fragile as a china doll, small-boned and quite pale. Her hair is pinned up in braids, and it's hard to tell how long it is. She's barefoot, in a long skirt and blouse over a white shirt, and has a simple silver chain around her right ankle, and carries no obvious weaponry. She has a small satchel that rests at her hip.

#34 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:12 AM

Hmm. Ok, so, we have:

Half elf Evil Annie: Geased

Human Arven: Blackmailed lest her mentor be killed

Halfling (Hin) Cleric or Bard- yet to be determined how.

My character- mage the order wouldn't mind being rid of.

Daie's character, whichever one he wants.

What level do you think we should be? My wild guess is between 10-12.

#35 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

Hin Priest of Urogalan

Persuaded to join by the promise of Literature of forgotten Halfling deeds and information on deceased Halfling adventurers.

Also would this be using BG2 rules? Or 3rd edition? Level depends a bit upon what rules we go by. For 3rd edition it's considered an amazing acomplisment to get to level twenty. In BG2 ToB you can get far beyond that.

#36 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:53 PM

I really don't think we should care too much about levels and just have standards, like you can only be this powerful. Wait would that be levels? I just confused myself. Let's just start the bloody thing. :)

#37 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:25 AM

You're right, this is written roleplaying, it's not like we're going to be rolling dice or anything. No point in worrying about levels. :)

#38 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:23 AM

True. You can make an educated guess, though, once you see the abilities of the other characters. That's normally how I operate. *shrug*

And yeah, who wants to start this off?

#39 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:47 PM

Dadri! The idea was his and he's part of the group of mages. If no one else minds I wouldn't mind him starting.(Hahahahahaha)

#40 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:38 PM

Whatever we do, I suggest we keep this as an OOC thread. *shrug*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com