Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 338

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

It was dark by the time Adrian finished his tale.

"...so you see, you are dealing not with one Avatar of Bhaal, but two. And I will destroy Irenicus and Bhodi to regain what is rightfully ours. And if we must go through you foolish Elves to get to him, then that is what I will do!"

The General was silent for a long while, absorbing that information. Then he sighed. "That is news indeed. But you have to understand. The Drow may be loyal to you, but not to us. If she betrays us, Suldanessalar will be doomed as surely as if you killed us now."

"The difference," Adrian returned, "is that you will certainly die now, versus possibly dying in the future. Better uncertainty than doom, eh?"

The General closed his eyes. "Without us, even if you get the Lanthorn back from Bhodi, you will not be able to use it to enter the city."

"Without you," Adrian seethed, "I will use my own Bhaal-power to fuel it, and the mystic arts of the mages in my party to figure out how to make it work. And at absolutel worst, we shall use our power to simply bull though Irenicus' wards. We can do it, and you know we can do it."

"Actually, I don't."

"Last chance," Adrian snarled, drawing his glowing green sword.

An Elven archer fired a single shot. The arrow was blocked by Anomen's hammer. The arrow did more than stop or break, it shattered. Anomen closed with the archer, and his hammer smashed through the bow, numbing the archer's fingers. His red shield smashed into the Elf's face, and the Elf went down.

"That was not very clever," the Tempus Knight said. "Let us pass, or he will destroy you all. He has the power. I've seen it, I know it."

Adrian held his green sword high. "WOULD YOU DIE HERE?!? CHOOSE!"

That roar had Bhaal's voice and power behind it. The trees shook. The Elves staggered. The party staggered. All save Imoen and Adrian.

The General's eyes hardened. He was afraid, but he was also determined. Viconia had seen that look before. It was the look of one certain they were doomed, but determined to go down fighting.

But before he could give the order to attack, a priestess put a hand on his arm. The priestess of Rillifane had held her silence until now, but she finally spoke. "We need them to succeed. This you know. Give them the Holy Water and the stakes. If the Drow moves against us she will die then, not before. Let them go."

The General hung his head but did not speak. The silence was enormous.

"Let them go!" the priestess insisted.

The Generals' shoulders slumped. "Very well."

----

As they left the camp behind, Viconia took Adrian by the arm.

"Szinsring. It would please me no end to destroy the Elves. But unfortunately that is not the wisest course of action at this time. I cannot help but feel this is my fault. I wanted you to embrace your father's power, yes; but I want you to use it for your greater glory, not for it to master you."

Adrian shruged, still trembling. "I had no choice. As it was it took all my will not to turn into the Slayer. Had he fought, I would've done. Bhaal is the only soul I have for now. What else can I do?"

"I know certain rituals of binding, and so does Edwin, for how else can one subdue a demon once summoned?" She looked to the Thayvian, who nodded. She turned back to Adrian. "We need you, and we need you intact. Tonight, let us do this. Bind your father's will, but not his power. Make it truly yours."

"For Imoen, as well, then," Adrian agreed. "This is harder on her than me."

Imoen shuddered. She was enjoying Bhaal's will inside her self far too much. "You first, bro. Like Vickie said, we need you."

"Very well," Adrian agreed. He knew that Bhaal had reached an apogee of power inside him during the confrontation with the Elves. It must be reversed, he knew that. Now was the time. "When we get back to Athkatla, I'm going to have to call in a lot of old favors to fight Bhodi. We don't neccesarily need them--we have power enough, as I told that foolish Elf lord--but I'd like to minimize casualties, keep as many as possible intact for the fight with Irenicus."

But they had not gone much further when they heard arguing in the woods ahead.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Bookwyrme_*

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:31 AM

Oh, now this should be an interesting encounter!

If, as I think, it involves a certain pink hammer, that is.

#3 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:55 AM

It was dark by the time Adrian finished his tale.

"...so you see, you are dealing not with one Avatar of Bhaal, but two. And I will destroy Irenicus and Bhodi to regain what is rightfully ours. And if we must go through you foolish Elves to get to him, then that is what I will do!"

Tale? A long and elaborate threat, more like. :twisted:

"The difference," Adrian returned, "is that you will certainly die now, versus possibly dying in the future. Better uncertainty than doom, eh?"

They're all doooooooooooooomed!

"Without you," Adrian seethed, "I will use my own Bhaal-power to fuel it, and the mystic arts of the mages in my party to figure out how to make it work. And at absolutel worst, we shall use our power to simply bull though Irenicus' wards. We can do it, and you know we can do it."

He-he-he. By the way, is it a typo here? "absolutel"="absolute"?

"Very well," Adrian agreed. He knew that Bhaal had reached an apogee of power inside him during the confrontation with the Elves. It must be reversed, he knew that. Now was the time. "When we get back to Athkatla, I'm going to have to call in a lot of old favors to fight Bhodi. We don't neccesarily need them--we have power enough, as I told that foolish Elf lord--but I'd like to minimize casualties, keep as many as possible intact for the fight with Irenicus."

Hmm, doesn't Bhaal read his thoughts?

Oooooh, I'd like to watch this?

#4 Laufey

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:18 AM

Ah, I am glad to see that Adrian still retains enough of his sense to go along with forcing Bhaal down, I was beginning to get worried about him. Liked the scene with the elves, nice and intense. And now...Drizzt! :twisted: Hoping for something nice and bloody here.
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com