Omegas 42: "Mount Up!"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:51 AM

Notemeal! (You know you love it!)

1. So, I'll admit. I've been stalling. I've been trying to work on Quarantine, other quiz pieces... really, anything but Omega chapters... I'm still in a bit of a rut, but... (Shrug)

Anyway, here's something to tide you over while I get my act together.

2. Been a while since I've needed to update the killboard. We're overdue. :twisted:

3. I'm surprised I've managed to get -anything- done, lately. What with Civ 4, and I just walked home from Best Buy today with Battlefield 2: Special Forces and Call of Duty 2. Holy crap, you might not see me for a while. :wink:

4. Bit of Valygar/Imoen banter. What can I say, I find it fun. :lol:

5. Who knew Imoen was so good at GTA? :shock:

-----

Six inches – not even the length of a normal-sized, adult, human hand… six inches was all that separated Imoen Llyr and Valygar Corthala from becoming red paint on a train… and yet, if the close call, in any way, disturbed Imoen, she certainly wasn’t showing it.

“Little close, huh?” she commented, stifling a yawn. She, Valygar, and the Wildcat were safely out of the way of the oncoming maintenance train, the Lieutenant reacting quickly and tearing the IFV into a tight left turn that sent it barreling down an empty service tunnel and out of the path of several dozen tons of fast-moving durasteel. The sharp maneuver nearly pulled the starboard-side tires off the ground, and scraped some of the paint off the IFV’s lightweight metal frame, but it did save them from the grisly fate the orcs following them ended up suffering.

Imoen flicked a glance over to the display for the navigational assistance system, located on the dashboard next to her. The map display blinked several times before updating the projected route. While neither Imoen nor the electronic system seemed much affected by the near collision, the Army Ranger standing in the gunner’s position at the rear of the vehicle, was considerably more shaken.

“Are we dead yet?” he asked between clenched teeth.

“No.”

“Are we dead yet?” he repeated, just to be sure.

She smirked. “Look, if we die, I promise, I’ll let you know.”

He forced himself to relax his hands, easing back the death-grip he’d had on the handles of the Wildcat’s gun turret. “Don’t stop. We’re not safe yet,” he told her, though it was an effort to keep some of the tension from leaking into his voice.

“Are we ever?” she jauntily threw back over her shoulder.

“Not that I’ve noticed.”

-----

Falynn’s radio erupted in a screeching burst of static that made her ears ring. She dialed down the volume and the transmission resolved itself into something resembling a voice, though it kept drifting in and out of the area of audibility. She was barely able to make out her name and a garbled “Do you copy?”

She shouted back over the din of weapons fire and explosive ordnance cooking off. “Kinda busy here, Immy…” she bent the microphone a little closer to her mouth and yelled into the receiver, hoping the words were translating adequately. “Can barely hear you. You’re breaking up.”

The crackling noise increased in intensity again, drowning out most of the response. She heard something about stone walls and assumed that was what was causing the transmission problems. There was a pause, some more crackling, and finally, the signal came through again, much clearer this time, as if the transmitter had just cleared whatever was obstructing its broadcast. “Just hang tight for a few more seconds, Sis. We’re en route to your position.”

“Copy. Infil point?”

“Eastern entrance. Don’t shoot us.”

“Copy. Step on it.” Falynn turned to Jaheira who was still trying frantically to keep the attacking Dominion forces suppressed. She burned through another ammunition magazine, ejected the spent cartridge, stuck it into a pouch at her belt, and reached for a fresh one. A nearby grenade explosion caused her to drop the clip; it bounced off her kneepad and skittered about a meter or two away. She swore.

“Bingo ammo,” she said with a scowl as she pulled her sidearm free and began to fire it.

Falynn nodded. “I’ll get the mag.” She rose into a half crouch, her torso turned in such a way as to keep the shelves in front of most of her body. She toggled off an extended burst of weapons fire, then dropped back down to the ground. She put her back to the overturned shelf, then extended her right leg. The heel of her boot clattered down on top of the full energy magazine and she flicked her leg, sending the cartridge skipping back towards her. She picked it up and flipped it over to Jaheira who gratefully accepted it.

“I’m running low, too…” Falynn said. She was being far more conservative with her shots now, trying to save as much ammunition as she could, and only firing when she had a fairly clean shot. She could only hope the Dominion wouldn’t get wise to what she was trying and rush their positions before help could arrive. She sighted down the barrel of her rifle and caught sight of a Dominion combat helmet slowly rising from behind cover. She fired, and the helmet disappeared. Whether that was a kill or the trooper had ducked just in time to save his neck, she didn’t know… and didn’t much care, just as long as he wasn’t shooting at her any longer. “Any time now, Imoen…” she muttered to herself.

-----

“Hostile infantry! Two-o’-clock! Take ‘em out, Sarge!”

“I see them. Engaging.”

Imoen stomped on the gas pedal and hauled on the steering wheel as the IFV cleared the storage bay entrance. She skewed the vehicle hard to the right, then zagged back to the left, throwing off the aim of the surprised Dominion troopers that were attempting to counterattack. Gauss rounds cracked into the decking and walls, but the wildly maneuvering Wildcat managed to get through the initial barrage without a scratch.

Valygar returned fire, stitching out long bursts and raking neutron fire across the orcish positions. At least two Dominion assault troopers got caught in the open, their armor not able to cope with the sheer power output of the Wildcat’s anti-infantry turret. Their protective cuirasses, constructed of heat-resistant ceramic-composite, melted under the assault. The flesh underneath fared no better. The rest of the Dominion assault unit scrambled for cover, their final push on the beleaguered Omegas in the south side of the bay aborted by the unexpected cavalry charge.

Imoen toggled on her radio, even as she whipped the IFV into a viciously sharp turn that she hoped would give Valygar clean lines of attack against the flanks of the Dominion unit. “Lead, Omegas Two and Six are on station. Securing extraction zone. Stand by.” Unable to directly engage any targets herself, Harlequin focused on keeping her gunner in the right position to pick off enemy troops. He racked up one more kill before the orcs managed to get their act back together.

“They’re digging in, Lieutenant. Let’s get what we came for and exfil.”

“Right.” She slammed on the brakes and spun the steering wheel to the left, skidding the Wildcat into a 180-degree reversal that took only a fraction of a second to complete. Her right foot shifted to the accelerator pedal and jammed it towards the floorboards. The IFV’s tires squealed for a half-second until they found traction, laying down patches of rubber behind them.

She drove quickly towards the improvised barricade that Raven and Vixen were still waiting behind, and pulled up right alongside them. “Mount up!”

Falynn got to her feet, a gray, cylindrical-shaped canister held in her clenched fist. She slipped her finger through a metal ring near one end, pulled the ring, and the pin it was attached to, free, then tossed the cylinder into the middle of the room. “Smoke grenade deployed!” she called out to her squadmates. “Give it a few seconds…”

Jaheira had risen into a half-crouch, and was ready for the short sprint to the relative safety of the IFV. She felt Falynn give her a light slap on the shoulder, and took off, staying low to the ground and easily making it to the Wildcat. She hopped into the back. A second later, Falynn dove into the front passenger’s seat.

“All right! Hit it!”

“We’re outta here!”

The Wildcat peeled away, heading back the way it had come. Falynn risked a look back at the carnage that had been wrought over the past few minutes. The smoke still obscured her vision, but from what she could make out, between she and Jaheira, they’d racked up about a half dozen confirmed kills… Valygar had pulled down another three, himself. There might have been more dead, and certainly more wounded… as if the Dominion casualty rates hadn’t been high enough, already. She could only hope that, as the mission progressed, those enemy casualty rates stayed high.

-----

Killboard:

Llyr, F.: 11
Llyr, I.: 11
Marael, J.: 7
Vaonnor, M.: 7 (Infantry: 5, Vehicles: 2)
Jansen, J.: 3 (Infantry: 2, Vehicles: 1)
Corthala, V.: 14 (Infantry: 13, Vehicles: 1)
De’Arnisse, N.: 1

#2 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:53 PM

2. Been a while since I've needed to update the killboard. We're overdue. :twisted:

Hey, there are lots of Dominion guys around, perfect opportunity to improve your kill count. :P

“Little close, huh?” she commented, stifling a yawn. She, Valygar, and the Wildcat were safely out of the way of the oncoming maintenance train, the Lieutenant reacting quickly and tearing the IFV into a tight left turn that sent it barreling down an empty service tunnel and out of the path of several dozen tons of fast-moving durasteel. The sharp maneuver nearly pulled the starboard-side tires off the ground, and scraped some of the paint off the IFV’s lightweight metal frame, but it did save them from the grisly fate the orcs following them ended up suffering.

Nice resolution to the cliffhanger. I was sort of hoping for a bloody accident, but I was also hoping that it wouldn’t involve our heroes. This way, everyone’s happy. Well, except the orcs.

Imoen flicked a glance over to the display for the navigational assistance system, located on the dashboard next to her. The map display blinked several times before updating the projected route. While neither Imoen nor the electronic system seemed much affected by the near collision, the Army Ranger standing in the gunner’s position at the rear of the vehicle, was considerably more shaken.

Btw, where are Jan, Minsc and Nalia during all this, did they separate? I’m too lazy to check the previous chapter… :shock:

“Copy. Infil point?”

A very important little remark, that. :wink:

“Copy. Step on it.” Falynn turned to Jaheira who was still trying frantically to keep the attacking Dominion forces suppressed. She burned through another ammunition magazine, ejected the spent cartridge, stuck it into a pouch at her belt, and reached for a fresh one. A nearby grenade explosion caused her to drop the clip; it bounced off her kneepad and skittered about a meter or two away. She swore.

Looks like the situation has taken a turn for worse since we last saw them… facing quite a barrage now…

“I’m running low, too…” Falynn said. She was being far more conservative with her shots now, trying to save as much ammunition as she could, and only firing when she had a fairly clean shot. She could only hope the Dominion wouldn’t get wise to what she was trying and rush their positions before help could arrive. She sighted down the barrel of her rifle and caught sight of a Dominion combat helmet slowly rising from behind cover. She fired, and the helmet disappeared. Whether that was a kill or the trooper had ducked just in time to save his neck, she didn’t know… and didn’t much care, just as long as he wasn’t shooting at her any longer. “Any time now, Imoen…” she muttered to herself.

I’m sure they’ll make it just on time… the very last moment, to make a particularly heroic entrance. :lol:

Valygar returned fire, stitching out long bursts and raking neutron fire across the orcish positions. At least two Dominion assault troopers got caught in the open, their armor not able to cope with the sheer power output of the Wildcat’s anti-infantry turret. Their protective cuirasses, constructed of heat-resistant ceramic-composite, melted under the assault. The flesh underneath fared no better. The rest of the Dominion assault unit scrambled for cover, their final push on the beleaguered Omegas in the south side of the bay aborted by the unexpected cavalry charge.

See, they made it right on cue. Hope they brought some spare ammo. :D

She drove quickly towards the improvised barricade that Raven and Vixen were still waiting behind, and pulled up right alongside them. “Mount up!”

Your taxi is here, ladies. :twisted:

Falynn got to her feet, a gray, cylindrical-shaped canister held in her clenched fist. She slipped her finger through a metal ring near one end, pulled the ring, and the pin it was attached to, free, then tossed the cylinder into the middle of the room. “Smoke grenade deployed!” she called out to her squadmates. “Give it a few seconds…”

A little parting gift for the boys… :D

The Wildcat peeled away, heading back the way it had come. Falynn risked a look back at the carnage that had been wrought over the past few minutes. The smoke still obscured her vision, but from what she could make out, between she and Jaheira, they’d racked up about a half dozen confirmed kills… Valygar had pulled down another three, himself. There might have been more dead, and certainly more wounded… as if the Dominion casualty rates hadn’t been high enough, already. She could only hope that, as the mission progressed, those enemy casualty rates stayed high.

Even that’s not so very important, I think that keeping your casualties to zero would be the ideal outcome. ;)

Killboard:

Oh, nice, Jaheira has racked up some kills. Realistically though, I reckon that Minsc will probably overtake her again soon.

Hmm, btw… I can’t remember if I asked, but I’ll ask again… if Jaheira loses a patient, does it go on her kill count? :twisted:

#3 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:44 AM

Hey, there are lots of Dominion guys around, perfect opportunity to improve your kill count.

Yep. But also plenty of chances to end up as another notch on some orcish rifle.

Nice resolution to the cliffhanger. I was sort of hoping for a bloody accident, but I was also hoping that it wouldn’t involve our heroes. This way, everyone’s happy. Well, except the orcs.

Well, this is what happened in the cartoon I lifted this scene from. :shock:

Btw, where are Jan, Minsc and Nalia during all this, did they separate? I’m too lazy to check the previous chapter…

Yep. They're waiting at a rendezvous point. Wildcat is only designed for four people. Driver, gunner, two passengers. So the rest of the team had to stay behind until Imoen and Valygar can pick up Falynn and Jaheira and get to safety.

Looks like the situation has taken a turn for worse since we last saw them… facing quite a barrage now…

Well, the Dominion force knows they've got their opponents pinned, and they know that there aren't very many of them.

A little parting gift for the boys…

More like something to keep them from getting their asses shot off as they run for the vehicle.

Realistically though, I reckon that Minsc will probably overtake her again soon.

Probably. Bear in mind that Minsc is ConWeaps (Confed Heavy Weapons). His focus is combat. Jaheira's definitely competent, but her combat skills aren't nearly on par with Minsc's.

Hmm, btw… I can’t remember if I asked, but I’ll ask again… if Jaheira loses a patient, does it go on her kill count?

(Snort) Maybe you should ask -her- that. We'll see where that gets you. :twisted:

#4 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:53 PM

1. So, I'll admit. I've been stalling. I've been trying to work on Quarantine, other quiz pieces... really, anything but Omega chapters... I'm still in a bit of a rut, but... (Shrug)

Anyway, here's something to tide you over while I get my act together.

I know how it is... you get towards the center of a serial like this and it isn't fresh anymore and it takes a little more to do it. I bet once you get near the end... it just rockets away.

2. Been a while since I've needed to update the killboard. We're overdue. :D

Killboard! W00t!

3. I'm surprised I've managed to get -anything- done, lately. What with Civ 4, and I just walked home from Best Buy today with Battlefield 2: Special Forces and Call of Duty 2. Holy crap, you might not see me for a while. :roll:

Yeah. Figured not. Reminds me, my Greeks have been sitting around for a while.

5. Who knew Imoen was so good at GTA? :twisted:

Imoen: "Harly can drive? I find that suspicious."

Bran: "Why?"

Imoen: "Well, I can't see how good of a drive you'd be if everytime the car stopped, you hopped in the back seat."

Bran: "Damn girl, you got up on the wrong side of cranky today."

Imoen: "Eh. Bite me."

Six inches – not even the length of a normal-sized, adult, human hand… six inches was all that separated Imoen Llyr and Valygar Corthala from becoming red paint on a train… and yet, if the close call, in any way, disturbed Imoen, she certainly wasn’t showing it.

Imoen: "Six inches huh? Valygar wouldn't know about that."

Bran: "I think I'm just going to leave you to this one yourself Immy."

Imoen: "That's right Mr. Fancypants, take a runner."

Imoen: "Am I supposed to be impressed?"

Valygar: *pokes his head in, decides to not say anything*

Imoen: "Boy can't take that much heat huh? Men. Toss em a little something difficult to handle and they crumple like tin foil."

Jaheira: "Are you alright?"

Imoen: "Just fine thank you. Why?"

Jaheira: "You seem... cranky."

Imoen: "Just miffed."

Jaheira: "Ah." *Walks over and cuffs Imoen on the back of the head* "Get over it!"

Imoen: "Ow! That hurt."

Jaheira: "It's tough love. Deal."

“No.”

Valygar: "When traveling with Imoen, this is a valid question."

Bran: "She does have a way about these bet we don't die things."

He forced himself to relax his hands, easing back the death-grip he’d had on the handles of the Wildcat’s gun turret. “Don’t stop. We’re not safe yet,” he told her, though it was an effort to keep some of the tension from leaking into his voice.

“Are we ever?” she jauntily threw back over her shoulder.

“Not that I’ve noticed.”

Bran: "Ah, the life of SpecOps. Always exciting. Like that Ancient Chinese curse... May you live in interesting times."

Falynn’s radio erupted in a screeching burst of static that made her ears ring. She dialed down the volume and the transmission resolved itself into something resembling a voice, though it kept drifting in and out of the area of audibility. She was barely able to make out her name and a garbled “Do you copy?”

Imoen: "Why is it that taccoms are always built by the lowest bidder? And the lowest bidder couldn't tell a transmitter from a taco?"

Bran: "Welcome to government procurement."

The crackling noise increased in intensity again, drowning out most of the response. She heard something about stone walls and assumed that was what was causing the transmission problems. There was a pause, some more crackling, and finally, the signal came through again, much clearer this time, as if the transmitter had just cleared whatever was obstructing its broadcast. “Just hang tight for a few more seconds, Sis. We’re en route to your position.”

Imoen: "If Harly managed to get the map the right way up."

“Copy. Infil point?”

Imoen: "Harly, it's your sister, not you. So you don't need to tell her that."

“Bingo ammo,” she said with a scowl as she pulled her sidearm free and began to fire it.

Bran: "Never ever good. Been there a few times. Even been down to my knife a few times. Really ticks me off."

You can usually tell you're winning when the rate of fire decreases. Either the enemy is low on ammo or you've killed a bunch. But always remember:

Try not to look important. The enemy may be low on ammo.

“Hostile infantry! Two-o’-clock! Take ‘em out, Sarge!”

Bran: "Heat em up!"

Valygar: "Smokin!"

Imoen stomped on the gas pedal and hauled on the steering wheel as the IFV cleared the storage bay entrance. She skewed the vehicle hard to the right, then zagged back to the left, throwing off the aim of the surprised Dominion troopers that were attempting to counterattack. Gauss rounds cracked into the decking and walls, but the wildly maneuvering Wildcat managed to get through the initial barrage without a scratch.

There is a lot to be said for suppressing fire from vehicles. Such as it makes much bigger holes. ;)

Two more for the V in the killboard. ;) He's Dominating!

Imoen toggled on her radio, even as she whipped the IFV into a viciously sharp turn that she hoped would give Valygar clean lines of attack against the flanks of the Dominion unit. “Lead, Omegas Two and Six are on station. Securing extraction zone. Stand by.” Unable to directly engage any targets herself, Harlequin focused on keeping her gunner in the right position to pick off enemy troops. He racked up one more kill before the orcs managed to get their act back together.

“They’re digging in, Lieutenant. Let’s get what we came for and exfil.”

Translation: We're here, they know it now, let's get the f*ck out of dodge before they figure out what to do!

Regulators! Mount up!

I don't why I wrote that. But I did. So ;)

Smoke em if you got em. ;)

Jaheira had risen into a half-crouch, and was ready for the short sprint to the relative safety of the IFV. She felt Falynn give her a light slap on the shoulder, and took off, staying low to the ground and easily making it to the Wildcat. She hopped into the back. A second later, Falynn dove into the front passenger’s seat.

“All right! Hit it!”

It's 109 meters to the rendezvous. We have a full energy charge, a half a rack of grenades, it's dark out and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

“We’re outta here!”

And the kill ratio didn't swing in their favor....

Killboard:

V is taking a solid lead heading into the half. ;)

Good to see the Omegas again. Even if Immy V might not agree. ;)

VH

#5 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:13 AM

I know how it is... you get towards the center of a serial like this and it isn't fresh anymore and it takes a little more to do it. I bet once you get near the end... it just rockets away.

It's not so much that I'm getting bored with it... it's just that I'm a little lost. I mean, when I first started this, it was almost kind of a lark... kinda the way Ody took off for you. I had just planned on doing a few chapters, but then the ideas started coming in, and some long-term stuff kinda formed in my head, so I thought, the hell with it, I'll try and run it as a long-term serial.

I don't regret going that route, but I didn't do enough prep work beforehand, it seems, and I think it's starting to come back and bite me in the ass... hence my distressing desire to try and retcon some stuff I originally set out by, upon further review, have decided I'm not overly fond of. I don't think there's anything major that I need to retcon... I mean, this isn't going to be DC's Crisis of Infinite Earths or anything crazy like that, but I do need to figure out some directional issues...

I've had some idea of where I want to go for a while now, but I've been unable to really pin down the specifics. (Shrug)

Killboard! W00t!

I wonder if I can find anyone to write me a killboard program... you know, something that actually has some semi-fancy graphics and that I can update with just a couple of keystrokes... and, more important, one I don't really have to keep track of, manually... I've taken to copying the "current" killboard and jamming it in at the end of every chapter where combat occurs, so that I don't forget to change the numbers, but it's a very imperfect system.

Yeah. Figured not. Reminds me, my Greeks have been sitting around for a while.

I've only finished one game. My Americans (I wanted the SEALs) kicked ass, set up a permanent alliance with the Spanish, and won a joint space-victory. But then again, it was the Settler difficulty level, so that's hardly an accomplishment.

Imoen: "Well, I can't see how good of a drive you'd be if everytime the car stopped, you hopped in the back seat."

Bran: "Damn girl, you got up on the wrong side of cranky today."

Imoen: "Eh. Bite me."

You know, when someone's acting this pissy, you just leave them alone, and you wait for it all to blow over. ;)

Imoen: "Six inches huh? Valygar wouldn't know about that."

Bran: "I think I'm just going to leave you to this one yourself Immy."

Imoen: "That's right Mr. Fancypants, take a runner."

You're right. She -is- cranky. Who pissed in her cornflakes? ;)

Raven: "It's that time of the month for her, isn't it?"

Bran: " 'fraid so."

Raven: "Time for her to fill out the monthly equipment maintenance reports?"

Bran: (Sigh) "Yeah."

Raven: "My sympathies."

Bran: "Well, I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't need your pity."

Jaheira (Ody-variant) (Raises one eyebrow)

Bran: "On second thought, it couldn't hurt."

:roll:

Jaheira: "Ah." *Walks over and cuffs Imoen on the back of the head* "Get over it!"

Imoen: "Ow! That hurt."

Jaheira: "It's tough love. Deal."

Vixen: ;)

Harlequin: "Don't even think about taking that approach with me. You just remember: You hit me, you're going to have to fix me."

Vixen: "Not necessarily. There are several other doctors aboard the Gallante. A certain Drow, for example."

Harlequin: "You... you wouldn't..."

Vixen: "Wouldn't I?"

Harlequin: "But you can't! She's getting frustrated trying for Falynn all the time and getting shot down. I think she might try for me next..."

Vixen: "Is that right?" :D

Bran: "Ah, the life of SpecOps. Always exciting. Like that Ancient Chinese curse... May you live in interesting times."

Raven: "Yeah. Makes me wanna pummel the idiots who put those things into fortune cookies."

Bran: "Welcome to government procurement."

Where a toilet seat for the Parliament building costs more than an entire planet's yearly food-budget.

Imoen: "If Harly managed to get the map the right way up."

Harlequin: "Look. Just because you've got spatial difficulties so bad that you can't figure out which of your holes food goes into, doesn't mean I've got the same problem. Shut it."

Harlequin: "Oh, by the way... by 'it', I mean the top hole. But hey, you might wanna look into barricading the bottom two, seeing as how people keep crawling up in there and getting lost."

Raven: :twisted: "Are you all right?"

Harlequin: "She started it!"

Raven: "I don't care who started it... you guys gotta stop this! I mean, I'm starting to get worried, here."

Harlequin: (Grumbles)

Raven: "Please? For me?"

Harlequin: (Sigh) "I'll... try..."

You can usually tell you're winning when the rate of fire decreases. Either the enemy is low on ammo or you've killed a bunch. But always remember:

Try not to look important. The enemy may be low on ammo.

;) Always one of my favorite military adages...

Along with stuff like "The buddy system saves lives. It gives the enemy more things to shoot at that aren't you." ;)

There is a lot to be said for suppressing fire from vehicles. Such as it makes much bigger holes.

Nothing quite like a swivel-mounted .50 cal kicking out death and destruction.

He's Dominating!

You gotta say it the Unreal Tournament way. You know what I mean.

(Gruff voice) "DOMINATING!"

Or maybe

"OWNAGE!"

;)

Regulators! Mount up!

I don't why I wrote that. But I did. So

"Regulators?"

It's 109 meters to the rendezvous. We have a full energy charge, a half a rack of grenades, it's dark out and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

;)

Something like that... times like this I miss my old signature quote. ;)

V is taking a solid lead heading into the half.

Well, the rest of the gang might just hit their stride and go on a tear... you never know... ;)

#6 Laufey

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:43 PM

Wow Imoen - that girl has *style*! :D

“No.”

Awww, poor Val. :? Loved this exchange, nice variation on the 'are we there yet' joke.

Heh, ironically enough, my main and favorite character on World of Warcraft is an *orc* sniper. :shock:
Rogues do it from behind.

#7 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:04 AM

Wow Imoen - that girl has *style*!

Harlequin: "Form -and- function, baby. There -is- no other way..."

Raven: :?

Loved this exchange, nice variation on the 'are we there yet' joke.

It's actually a joke lifted straight from the cartoon, Justice League Unlimited. I simply replaced Oliver Queen, a.k.a. Green Arrow, with Valygar, and Dinah Lance, a.k.a. Black Canary with Imoen. It worked surprisingly well, I thought. :D

Heh, ironically enough, my main and favorite character on World of Warcraft is an *orc* sniper.

Those are bad... especially since I'm working on a quiz piece that has Falynn getting taken out by an orc sniper... :shock:

#8 Guest_Kendris_*

Posted 12 December 2005 - 01:06 PM

“No.”

I'm thinking that it would be sort of obvious? Getting plastered across the front of a speeding train is not exactly a subtle event.

Killboard:

Looks like Minsc is falling behind...you need to let the big guy out to play!

#9 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:33 PM

I'm thinking that it would be sort of obvious? Getting plastered across the front of a speeding train is not exactly a subtle event.

True, but it could just be that the transition from life to afterlife was so jarring that it's left him totally confused and unsure as to where he is. ;)

Looks like Minsc is falling behind...you need to let the big guy out to play!

For the heavy weapons guy, he does seem to have fewer targets engaged and eliminated than some of the other folks. I'm sure he'll get his chance at some point. Something like a SAW, 3000 rounds of ammo, and a clear field of fire. Then he'd be all set. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com