Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 333

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:37 PM

Adrian was just about to join his sister and turn into the Slayer....and then stopped. He smacked his helmeted head irritably. "How could I be so stupid as to forget?" he said aloud.

SURELY YOU HAVE NOT PICKED NOW TO START RESISTING ME, SON? Bhaal asked inside his head.

Nothing of the sort, father. But surely you agree, even with murder, use the right tool for the job, Adrian answered internally.

NATURALLY, Bhaal agreed.

Adrian sheathed his own sword, reached back into his pack, and pulled forth the red blade Anomen had found in the Windspear Hills, designed for the especial purpose of Dragonslaying.

AHH, RIGHT YOU ARE SON. I WAS WRONG TO DOUBT YOU.

I only wish I had thought of it sooner, Adrian answered. He held it high. In the presence of Adalon, it positiviely glowed red and hummed with power. Adalon saw it dimly, and tried to breathe agian, but it was far too soon, and all she managed was a cough.

Adrian charged in and stabbed deep. The Dragon reared back her head and howled in agony. But while that one stroke did more damage than any blow the party had previously struck, still she did not die.

Tree stumbled over to Viconia, and the two held a whispered conference. As it ended, Viconia nodded and put her flail back on her belt, and took Tree's free hand. Using her supernatural agility, Tree vaulted them onto the back of the Dragon. Tree raced up the neck to rain abuse down on Adalon's head once more. Viconia, on the other hand, climbed up only far enough that she could reach around it, and began to thrash with her flail.

In the end, it was no one thing that killed Adalon, rather it was a death of many wounds. But it was the red sword that Adrian held, and the Flail of Ages that Viconia wielded, that did the most harm to the Silver Wyrm.

It took another three minutes of attack, but Adalon spent all three of those minutes on the defensive, trying to shake her attackers off, to no avail. The head finally fell, Viconia and Tree falling with it. Tree landed easily, but Viconia landed hard, not breaking anything but pulling muscles in both her arms and legs.

As Anomen went to heal her, Adrian turned to the Frozen Slayer. "Come back, Imoen," he said.

The Frozen Slayer seemed to stagger, then shifted back to Imoen. She blinked, twice. "Ooh, my head," she said woozily.

They would have to rest there; between Viconia's injuries and the fact that Korgan had briefly been dead, there was no real choice. Added to that the fact that Imoen was still recovering from being the Frozen Slayer, and Zavrian had several bone bruises, and no one really wanted to move that much.

-----

The Drow Spelljamer ship had escaped the wrath of the Bat-people, and fled Ust'Natha as it was being sacked.

It was only when they had entered Wildspace that Haer'Dalis and the Surgeon revealed themselves.

"What! More invaders!" The Drow captain shouted. "Kill them!"

"Can we not negotiate? You need not die," Haer'Dalis said, not unkindly.

"No, but you will," said the Drow captain, and charged.

"Pity," said the Surgeon, and blasted the captain over the side with green-yellow fire. The captain screamed in despair as he fell into the nothingness of Wildspace.

As the other crewmembers closed, Haer'Dalis smiled and drew his weapons.

"Shall we dance?" he said....
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:08 AM

Adrian sheathed his own sword, reached back into his pack, and pulled forth the red blade Anomen had found in the Windspear Hills, designed for the especial purpose of Dragonslaying.

AHH, RIGHT YOU ARE SON. I WAS WRONG TO DOUBT YOU.

I only wish I had thought of it sooner, Adrian answered. He held it high. In the presence of Adalon, it positiviely glowed red and hummed with power. Adalon saw it dimly, and tried to breathe agian, but it was far too soon, and all she managed was a cough.

Ah, but how ironic that a blade, forged by a noble smith or knight to repel evil wyrms is now turned against a noble breed of a dragon...

As Anomen went to heal her, Adrian turned to the Frozen Slayer. "Come back, Imoen," he said.

The Frozen Slayer seemed to stagger, then shifted back to Imoen. She blinked, twice. "Ooh, my head," she said woozily.

Quite a hangover, is it?

What! More invaders!" The Drow captain shouted. "Kill them!"

"Can we not negotiate? You need not die," Haer'Dalis said, not unkindly.

Haer'Dalis, when will you learn that they *never* negotiate?

#3 Laufey

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:17 PM

Ah, of course! I don't think I've ever actually used it in game, but there certainly is a nice symmetry to wielding it here.

I hope she won't have to do that too often. :D
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com