Photo

Cards Reshuffled 267

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Laufey

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:58 PM

[quote][quote]Disclaimer: We're being nasssty and tasssteless again, Precious! [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Woohoo!
[/quote]

:D

[quote]
I did read your story this weekend, but now that I am trying to learn how to mod BG2, it is difficult to keep up. Hope I'll manage to balance Attic and gaming soon. :)
[/quote]

I know the feeling - but I've at least managed to do some work on the Edwin flirts yesterday, so I'm pretty happy at the moment. :(

[quote]
[quote]No matter if you’re adventuring in Maztica or Chult, in the Abyss or Elysium, remember this one thing. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
One of my favourite fantasy writers, Max Frei, has such thing in his universe. In the capital of the state he draws, the King pays for all hungry men. Nice. (sigh) But unrealistic.
[/quote]

Yes indeed. :twisted:

[quote]
And then what? Assuming he survived the meeting with his ancestor, then what would he do? He didn’t know. Go back to Imnesvale, perhaps. Finally some peace and quiet, and absolutely no magic. Yes, that sounds about right.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Aha, right. :D What about another journey to the Abyss? And some really mad magic?
[/quote]

We'll see what happens. ;)

[quote]
[quote]“If this food is demonic in origin then we definitely shouldn’t eat it,” Jaheira said. “We have some perfectly good rations with us. Dried bread, dried cheese, dried fish, dried meat, even some dried nuts if you want dessert.” Deep and reproachful silence met her, and she looked annoyed. “What?”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Dried everything... I bet she even has dry water with her. :(
[/quote]

It just seemed to suit Jaheira. ;)

[quote]
[quote]More halflings did appear, and this bunch had a couple of mages along. The battle was quite a bit nastier than the first one, with the halfling mages casting several unpleasant explosive and paralyzing spells. “Such a shame they didn’t bring their spellbooks along,” Edwin complained as Jaheira was patching him up after the battle was won. “I would have liked to examine them.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
By the way, how were they able to cast magic without a spellbook? Is it possible to memorize spells and simply leave it at home, so to say?
[/quote]

I don't think the spellbook is needed for the actual casting, only for memorizing. The spell is stored in the wizard's mind upon memorization, after all.

[quote]
[quote]“My penetrative skills leave nothing to be desired, priest,” Edwin sneered. “Unlike you I wasn’t drooling over those idiotic knights we encountered earlier. The scruffy one seemed to catch your eye especially.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
:) :) :) Did he mean *those* penetrative skills?
[/quote]

I honestly don't remember! :) Can't recall if I meant for that particular double entendre or if it was accidental.

[quote]
[quote]Minsc didn’t say anything. He was busy shoveling large gobs of curry down his throat, seemingly oblivious to any burning sensation. Oddly enough, Boo was digging in right next to him, only his furry little hamster bottom visible as he dove headfirst into a box of curry. Strange, Valygar thought. I never would have thought to see a hamster so eager for meat. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Awww....
[/quote]

[quote]
Hmm, perhaps Boo is a demonic hamster?
[/quote]

You'll learn all about Boo eventually, but not at this time. ;)

[quote]
[quote]And as he touched the door, that bored voice once again spoke from nowhere, the voice they had heard as they first entered the Sphere. “Now what?” it said. “Oh. It’s you again. Go away, only the golem’s allowed to open this door.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
For some strange reason, I am imagining Dekkie's voice. :(
[/quote]

LOL! Hadn't thought of that, but I suppose there might be some similarities in attitude.

[quote]
[quote]There was silence. “Er…Hal? No, no, that’s not right…I don’t think. Anybody named Dave here?”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Reminds me of Pratchett's "Rock music": "Constable... Cotton?" ;)
[/quote]

Oh yes, the ones with the memory loss! :) I love Pratchett, one of my favorite fantasy authors.

[quote]
And I had a second helping too. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
*evil, evil grin* Niccce! :(
[/quote]

Thanks! :)

[quote]
[quote]Next: Valygar has a shocking revelation.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Soon? :)[/quote]