Photo

Tnt 188 : Hey, little sister, what have you done?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Weyoun

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:13 AM

Here is the conclusion to last episode's nasty cliffhanger. Angst ahead...

Laska was standing at the balcony, watching Viconia and Imoen at the platform below. The magical fireworks now lit up the sky, and she smiled when she saw Imoen enjoying them. She smiled as she saw Viconia and Imoen discussing something and getting into a bit of an argument. They were good friends, but so different from each other. She thought back how it had always been her, Imoen and Viconia, from the very beginning. The terrible three that would storm the realms and scour the lands for adventure...

What the bloody the hell?!

Was... Was Viconia kissing Imoen? She's kissing my sister?!

Any nostalgic thoughts she was having were replaced by a blind rage. Laska's nails dug into the railing as she watched their kiss intensify. She gritted her teeth, slung herself over the railing, landing on her feet on the lower platform, and strode towards the kissing couple with grim determination. Finally everything fell into place, the flirtations over the past months, the innuendo... Gods, how could she not have seen it? It had been going on since they'd been in Ust Natha!

Before she herself even realized what was happening, Laska had grabbed Viconia by the arm and treated her to a fist to the jaw. The Drow had been taken completely by surprise and landed sprawled on the floor in a state of semi-coherence. Laska was so consumed with rage that she didn't even notice the look of shock on Imoen's face.

"Vic!" Imoen said as she knelt next to her love.

"She's been taking advantage of you this whole time!" Laska snorted. "Has to be!"

It was Imoen's turn to be angry now. "Get away from us!" Imoen said and pushed Laska away. The elf was a little surprised, and her anger subsided somewhat.

"But..."

"But NOTHING!" Imoen shouted and waved her hand in an arcane gesture, launching a few electric bolts from her fingers that landed right in front of Laska's feet with a thunderous crash, forcing the tattooed elf to take a step back. "When will you stop doing this?! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN DOING THIS!!"

"I have to look out for you!" Laska challenged. "I'm your big sister! Gorion told me to look out for you!"

"I'm sure he didn't mean for you to scare off anything who was interested in me!" Imoen snarled. "You've been scaring off my boyfriends ever since I was fifteen! Oh, here comes Laska, sharpening her swords in the background whenever a boy is bringing me a box of chocolate. Oh, there's Laska, flexing her muscles whenever someone tries to kiss me. Oh, that was Laska, just showing off her new throwing dagger on the practise doll's groin whenever someone tries to invite me to a dance. Guess what, it gets old really fast!"

"I haven't been doing that since I left Candlekeep, come on!" Laska replied, but got a horrible sinking feeling in her stomach... the feeling something she had done something which was horribly wrong.

"What about Garrick, huh?" Imoen challenged.

"What about him?" Laska said.

"He only gave me a flower and you chased him all over Beregost with a bit of wood!" Imoen replied.

"Because he wanted to shag you!" Laska said. "And I only used that bit of wood because I wasn't carrying my swords."

"It was only a flower, sis!"

"Hey, I know how those men think!" Laska replied. "Oh, it all starts all innocently with a flower and a chat, until they see the chance to get into your panties!"

"Yes," Imoen nodded for a moment. "I'm sure you have intimate knowledge of how those men can be, Laska."

"YES!" Laska smiled heartily, swimming in relief. "THANK YOU! You finally understand!"

"You're hopeless, you know that?" Imoen sighed while she held the Viconia's head in her lap, fanning some fresh air at her.

Laska sighed and bent down on one knee to look Imoen in the eye. "Look, I'm safe from disease and pregnancy. But you... You could really ruin your life if..."

"Oh, great!" Imoen shouted in Laska's face. "Now I'm getting virtue lessons from just about the biggest slut in the Realms!"

"I'm only saying that..."

"It all comes down to trust, Laska," Imoen replied. "And you've just proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that you just don't trust me. I'm just the little sister who has to stay in big sis's shadow, where she belongs. Is that what you think of me?"

"That's not it at all!"

"Isn't it?"

"No!"

"If you were only looking out for me, why didn't you ever stop me from being a mage?" Imoen said. "You know, those destructive powers that little Imoen was recklessly playing around with? You never sliced a sword through my spellbook, did you? Why is that, Laska?"

Laska wracked her mind coming up with a reason, and remained silent for a bit. "I..." she finally started to say. "I think, I... I..."

"You don't even know, do you?" Imoen nodded.

Laska turned away from Imoen, avoiding her eyes.

"I'm twenty-two years old, Laska," Imoen said. "I don't need you to protect me from anyone. Let me have Vic, dammit. Let me live my life."

Laska shook her head. "Dammit," she sighed.

"Look at what you've done here," Imoen said. "Vic's your best friend! And look at what you've done to her! Did you really expect me to fling myself into your arms and rescue me from a monster? This is our friend, Las, your friend. She nursed you to health, saved your life twice now when you were dying! Look at what you've done!"

Laska was at a loss for words. The worst of it was that Imoen was right. In the meantime, Imoen supported a somewhat coherent Viconia and started dragging her from the platform.

---

Slamming yet another empty bottle of Evermead on the table, Laska sat at one of the tables, the party having died down long ago. Laska didn't care. She had scared herself today by what she'd done. And slowly, anger had subsided and made place for fear and self-loathing.

From what she had done, there was no way back, leaving her only to wrack her mind to find a way to make things better. The tears continued to streak across her cheeks. She'd been a complete and utter hypocrite, insulted her sister and hit Viconia. She'd been a creep to those two people that meant the world to her.

She saw her own reflection in the water bowl on the table, next to the empty bottles. That's the face of a loser, Laska lamented. With a sudden angry sweep of her arm, she wiped the water bowl and several bottles off the table, sending them crashing to the floor.

Gods, what am I going to do? Laska sniffed. How the hell am I going to make things better? Can I even make things better? Why am I so STUPID?!

A few harebrained schemes came to mind, including setting up a situation where she'd look like a hero by saving both Viconia and Imoen's life... of course, that would mean setting fire to their bed first, to get the couple in danger for her to come to the rescue then. But she dismissed that plan quickly, seeing she had done enough harm already.

How about saving them from a monster? Still, it would be very hard to smuggle a troll into the city. And, then again, both of them were quite capable of dealing with a troll without her help.

But then it hit her. She heard the words of her father in her mind, as she was brought back to the time in Candlekeep, when she had used Imoen's pink tunic for dagger practise. "Everybody can make a mistake," her father had told her in a kindly voice after hearing the terrible fight she and Imoen were having. "But it takes real courage to admit your mistake and made amends for it."

Of course, that situation was easily solved with a sewing kit, nimble fingers and a whole lot of band-aids. This was entirely different.

Still, Laska was determined to make amends for her stupid behaviour of that night.

---

The next morning, Laska stood in front of the door to the room in the lodge than belonged to Viconia and Imoen. She immediately saw Viconia, who was writing in the party's journal, sitting with her back to the window and facing the door. Viconia looked up and stared directly at her.

Laska winced when she saw the bruise along Viconia's cheek.

"So, uh, Viconia, I..." Laska stammered as she slowly stepped into the room.

Viconia never took her eyes off the elf while slowly putting her quill into the inkwell.

"Vico, I..." Laska said, and forced herself to calm down. "About last night..."

Viconia crossed her arms and remained staring at her elven companion.

"I, um... I kinda overreacted..."

The Drow never said a word and kept staring intently. Laska felt Viconia's eyes burning right through her, and felt as if she was shrinking an inch a second.

"So, uh... I, uhm... Dammit, you're not making this easy for me, you know?"

Viconia said nothing, did not move and kept staring at her intently.

"Well, uh," Laska sighed. "I guess it's not supposed to be easy. I, uh, I never should have, uhm, you know," Laska said and pointed at Viconia's bruise.

Viconia again, said nothing and simply kept staring.

"Dammit," Laska spoke louder now. "Will you just say something?! Call me a bitch, hurl a spell at me, curse my name, but at least say something?!"

Viconia only responded with that same piercing stare.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay!" Laska said, once again forcing to calm herself down. "I never should have hit you. I've been a real idiot!"

Viconia simply kept staring.

"What do you want, dammit?!" Laska said. "Alright, alright, I got it. Take your best shot," she said, folding her arms away from her body and turning her cheek towards Viconia. Viconia said nothing in reply, but seemed somewhat reluctant. "Come on, Vico," Laska pressed. "Just take your best shot. You'll feel better and we'd be even. Come on, I won't defend myself. Go ahead."

Viconia slowly rose from her seat. "Alright," she said calmly and strolled over to Laska, stopping short in front of her. Laska was surprised when the expected punch turned into a brief caress across her cheek.

But that all changed when magical energy shot from Viconia's fingers, burning into her skin. Laska felt pain like she had never felt before, as the magical energies shot through her cheek and into her body. Her vision blurred and her body trembled. She didn't know when she sank to her knees, but suddenly found herself staring up to Viconia, who looked at her impassionedly while still pressing her hand on Laska's cheek. Her skull felt as if it was heating up and her vision became even more blurred. Her limbs started to tremble uncontrollably... And then it was over.

Contact was broken and Laska collapsed on the ground, lying at Viconia's feet while the pain slowly subsided.

"Now," Viconia smiled. "We're even."

The Drow touched her own cheek with two fingers and, after the blue light of a healing spell emerged from those fingers, her bruise was completely gone. Then, Viconia briefly touched Laska's cheek again, this time banishing the pain she had caused, and offered the fallen elf a hand, hoisting her to her feet.

Laska shook her head for a moment. "Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. What the bloody hell was that?!"

"My best shot," Viconia chuckled. "Or, basically it was a spell to cause wounds. In this case, it didn't actually cause a wound, but it did transmit the pain with double intensity."

"My punch would have never hurt that much," Laska protested with a chuckle.

Viconia smirked. "No... but have you ever tried to heal broken teeth? Now that is painful. Imagine new teeth growing into your jaw while pushing the remains of the old ones out."

Laska sighed and looked at the floor. "Ouch..."

"You can say that again," Viconia nodded.

"So, uhm," Laska rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. "Are we... friends again, now?"

Viconia turned around and sat down at the desk. "We never stopped being friends. I've seen you do some of the most mindnumbingly stupid things in the past and I have learned not to judge you for them. Especially since these stupid things tend to pay off in some way or another."

"I'm sorry I hit you," Laska said again, sincerely.

"I believe you," Viconia said. "We share a protectiveness over Imoen, you and I. I don't fully understand these new feelings I have developed for her, but I do know you struck me because you were worried about her, misguided, though, those worries were."

"My overprotectiveness sorta... got out of hand," Laska shrugged.

"Not to mention your sense of denial," Viconia snorted. "I didn't think you'd be so dense as to not notice our budding relationship earlier."

"Possibly, possibly," Laska nervously twirled her braid in her hands. "Sorta tends to make a girl wonder what more is going on that I'm not seeing."

"Well," Viconia said. "Jan and Dynaheir have been playing 'Mistress of Pain' every day since Trademeet, Boo is seeing a squirrel on the side, and I won't even go into the depravities Korgan and Keldorn get into when the tent flap closes at night."

Laska chuckled for a moment. "You're kidding... Uh, right?"

"Right."

"Good," Laska replied. "Definitely good. Uh, right?"

"Right."

"So, what were you doing when I came in?" Laska asked as she looked at the desk.

Viconia took the book, a thick tome which, from the look of it, had seen a lot of use. The Drow checked if the ink had dried and then shifted it over to Laska. "Not that you... or anyone else for that matter, were ever interested, but it's the party's journal. This new tome chronicles our adventures through Amn, though it's quite full now and I think I'll be starting in a new tome when we set off for our next adventure."

Laska flipped through the book and was amazed. She'd never expected Viconia to be keeping these kind of meticulous records. The journal contained information by date on the particulars, and the outcome, rewards and treasure found during just about every single quest they had done. It had opinions of every partymember on each quest, recorded in Viconia's feminine calligraphy, in between personal thoughts and opinions, small drawings and notes about spells and tactics used in many combats, with ideas for improvement in a next battle-situation. Aside from all that, it contained records of just about every transaction with every merchant, about every item both sold and bought, including detailed item descriptions, price-listings and comparisons. There were also crude maps of dungeons and keeps explored, clues and letters that were transcribed from their source into the journal, and discriptions of monsters fought, complete with tactics devised on how to defeat them.

Laska turned back to Viconia, whole started to dig into her backpack and took out another, older tome. "I started this one right after we first met," she said, and handed it to Laska.

"Why have you been doing this?" Laska asked. "Amazing..."

"It's a hobby," Viconia shrugged. "Besides, it's good practise for my common. I'm good at speaking common, but I wasn't as good at writing common."

Laska flipped through the pages of the older tome, which chronicled their travels through the Sword Coast and Baldur's Gate in just as much detail as the one she had held earlier. The tattooed elf noticed there were quite some spelling errors and some Drow phrases mixed in, but those diminished over time. She stopped flipping the pages at a drawing of the Iron Throne building in Baldur's Gate.

"You should have been a scribe at Candlekeep," Laska chuckled. "This'll be quite handy when we'll be writing out autobiographies," she joked.

"Oh, please," Viconia sighed. "Who'd want to read about us?"

"Oh, I don't know," Laska said. "We should give it a catchy title. How about calling this book 'The Shadows of Amn'?"

"Too tacky," Viconia scoffed.

"Alright," Laska said. "How about calling this one 'Baldur's Gate'. Nice and simple."

"Not epic enough."

"How about 'Tales of the Sword Coast', then?"

"Too generic."

"There is no pleasing you, Vic," Laska snickered.

"You could please me by letting me get back to writing," Viconia said. "And you're going to see Imoen now. She's waiting for you up on the roof."

Laska looked intently at Viconia. "You were awake the whole time, weren't you?"

Viconia merely smirked. "It sounded like you had some issues to work out."

"Devious Drow," Laska shook her head. "How about a hug?"

"Excuse me?"

"To celebrate our friendship," Laska said and approached Viconia. "Come on... "

Viconia's eyes grew wide and avoided Laska the best she could in an enclosed space. Unfortunately, she was not quick enough and found herself in a rib-crushing hug.

"I'm sorry," Laska said again, and Viconia could swear she felt a tear drop on her shoulder.

"Alright, alright, alright," Viconia said. "If I accept your apology and forget it ever happened, will you release me from this embarrassment and leave?"

"If that's what it takes," Laska sniffed. "I love you, Vico. I'm so sorry."

"Alright, if you're really my friend, you'll leave now, otherwise I'll be forced to jump out of the window to avoid crushing sentimentality in the room," Viconia retorted.

---

"Hey."

"Hey."

It was a simple greeting. The same greeting they shared every time they had been having an argument when they had been children and one of them wanted to apologize. Imoen was standing on the roof of the Adventurer's Lodge, staring over the treetops of the forest, which stretched as far as the eye could see. The human eye, at least. The elven eye would be able to see the fields beyond the forest, the Marching Mountains in the distance and even the city of Saradush from this vantage point.

"Talk to Vic?"

"Yes," Laska said and rubbed her cheek. "She still loves me."

"So do I," Imoen said. "Problem with that?"

"Not anymore."

"Realized I'm all grown up?"

"Yup."

"Sorry about hitting Viconia?"

"Oh, yes," she rubbed her cheek again.

"Have you been crying?"

"More or less continuously," Laska sniffed again and wiped away another wayward tear.

"Hug," Imoen demanded. Laska simply pulled the girl in an embrace and the two sisters held each other for a moment, while Laska sobbed quietly.

"Will you finally stop overreacting?"

"I will," Laska said through her tears. "I'll try, at least..."

"Vic loves me, you know. She'd never admit it, but I know it. I'm with her, and it sorta feels like a grand adventure, you know? I mean, you know the dragon and the gold are into the dungeon, but I feel like I'm standing in front of the entrance, stumbling around not knowing where the traps and twists are. Do you know what I mean?"

"I think I do now," Laska sighed. "You don't need to have a sister looking in over your shoulder."

"No, I do!" Imoen giggled. "It's just that... I would have told you everything if you just weren't so prone to overreacting, ya know? It'd be nice to talk to you about... relationship stuff and all that."

"We could start doing that now, I suppose," Laska sighed. "I promise I won't blow my top... much."

Imoen smiled a bit. "Sorry about calling you a slut."

"That's okay, I am a slut."

"Nah, you're just a bit promiscuous," Imoen smiled.

"Okay, in that case," Laska tilted her head and chuckled briefly. "I'm just a bit of slut."

Imoen turned back to the view. "Uh, you know, I have to admit I've been, ahum, making use of your, um, overprotectiveness sometimes."

"Oh?" Laska narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Remember that rat Eldoth?" Imoen smirked. "I told you he tried to kiss me and hit on me and all that? Well, I just wanted you to ditch that loser."

"Imoen," Laska snickered. "I threw him off a cliff!"

"Yeah, well, there was sea at the bottom of that cliff. He had a chance," Imoen winked.

Laska chuckled. "You're bonkers, you know that?"

"Not as nuts as some of the people we met," Imoen said. "Remember that odd guy with the strange dark glasses that was sitting in the Copper Coronet?"

"Which bloke?" Laska said. "Oh, wait, you're talking about that bald one, weren't you?"

"Yes," Imoen said. "That guy that kept going on and on about how this world wasn't the real world and we were all being used by machines. I think we pretty much both thought he was nuts when he offered us a choice between that red and that blue gem."

"You stole the gems off him when that other weird bloke dragged him off, didn't you?" Laska smiled.

"Oh, yeah," giggled Imoen. "Got a couple of good coins out of them too. Funny, though, that other guy looked too scrawny and well-dressed to be a smith."

Laska thought for a moment. "Hey, remember that fat green ogre I invited for an arm wrestling competition, and he got all huffy and upset and started calling me prejudiced because 'ogres have layers' and all that? I knew he was nuts when he started talking to that donkey with the weird smile."

"Oh, that creepy girl in the white dress!" Imoen said. "I still hear that voice grating through my mind. 'Seven dayssssss...'. Creepy."

"It's been seventy-seven days and I'm still waiting. What were we supposed to be waiting for anyway?" Laska asked.

"Probably not for that fat guy Peter that fed his family ipacack to compete for the last piece of pie. Gods, the puke was all over the floor of the Copper Coronet. Still, I guess, we're not all that stranger from these people," Laska said.

"Nope. I'd call you even nuttier. But I love you anyway," Imoen smiled.

"Oh, come here, you," Laska smirked and hugged Imoen again.

"Hmm," Imoen said. "Sis, you've been agonizing about this all night, haven't you?"

"Me and my bottle of Evermead, yes," Laska replied. "You know, I think I was worried that, with you all grown up, you don't want to have your annoying big sister around anymore."

Imoen chuckled. "Com'ere," she giggled and wrapped an arm around Laska's shoulders. "I need you, you need me. Sisters forever! And now I have kinds of juicy stories to tell you."

And so the two sisters stood watching the forest, while Imoen whispered into Laska's ear. It was a place of serenity and silence, until...

"HOLY DONKEY BOLLOCKS! YOU TWO ARE SLEEPING TOGETHER?!"

"Yep..."

Laska fell silent for a moment, staring at Imoen intently... until...

"I want details!"

Imoen responded with a horrified 'NOOO!'

Well, that ends that arc. Shaya's up next when I get around to writing up the story. Thanks for reading!
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#2 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

(Whistles) It's a... nice day for a... white wedding... ;)

She's kissing my sister?!

;) Your head a'splode.

Gods, how could she not have seen it?

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer... :)

"She's been taking advantage of you this whole time!" Laska snorted. "Has to be!"

Oh, of course... I mean, it couldn't possibly be a mutual attraction... because, you know, these two are only like your best friends in the world... so, certainly, one of them has to be malicious enough to try and take sexual advantage of your little sister... and the other just HAS to be too stupid to realize someone's trying to manipulate her. I mean, sure, it makes perfect sense. :)

"I have to look out for you!" Laska challenged. "I'm your big sister! Gorion told me to look out for you!"

Raven: (Sigh) "I can understand where she's coming from. I mean, she's clearly wrong, here, but still..."

Harlequin: (Shrug) "We're not kids, anymore, Lynn... hard to believe, but there are times when even we" (Jerks thumb towards TNT Imoen) "know what we're doing."

"Yes," Imoen nodded for a moment. "I'm sure you have intimate knowledge of how those men can be, Laska."

"YES!" Laska smiled heartily, swimming in relief. "THANK YOU! You finally understand!"

Raven: "This is what we call-"

Harlequin: "Shooting yourself in the foot?"

Raven: "Pretty much, yeah... she could probably use a logic class or two."

Harlequin: "Please. Like she'd even understand the basic symbols... um... no offense..."

"Oh, great!" Imoen shouted in Laska's face. "Now I'm getting virtue lessons from just about the biggest slut in the Realms!"

Raven: "Ouch. Low blow. True, maybe, but-"

Harlequin: "Oh, yeah. Low blow."

"It all comes down to trust, Laska," Imoen replied. "And you've just proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that you just don't trust me. I'm just the little sister who has to stay in big sis's shadow, where she belongs. Is that what you think of me?"

"That's not it at all!"

"Isn't it?"

"No!"

"If you were only looking out for me, why didn't you ever stop me from being a mage?" Imoen said. "You know, those destructive powers that little Imoen was recklessly playing around with? You never sliced a sword through my spellbook, did you? Why is that, Laska?"

Laska wracked her mind coming up with a reason, and remained silent for a bit. "I..." she finally started to say. "I think, I... I..."

Raven: "For the record, I didn't like the idea of you joining the service, and I didn't like you dating that one guy with the tattoos and the hover-bike... and for the record, I tried to stop you -both- times."

Harlequin: "I remember." :) "Don't worry, Lynn... you've still got the moral high ground."

Raven: ;) "That's harsh."

Harlequin: "You betcha." ;)

Why am I so STUPID?!

Eh, everyone's stupid... it happens.

Viconia never took her eyes off the elf while slowly putting her quill into the inkwell.

This doesn't have to be so hard. Just walk in, say "I'm right, you're wrong." Then walk away, and leave it at that. It won't fix things right away, of course, but it will let them know that you've at least thought about the situation and are starting to realize just what's going on. Time should do the rest.

"Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. What the bloody hell was that?!"

That was "getting even." :P

Imagine new teeth growing into your jaw while pushing the remains of the old ones out.

I don't ever want to have my wisdom teeth pulled. ;)

"I believe you," Viconia said. "We share a protectiveness over Imoen, you and I. I don't fully understand these new feelings I have developed for her, but I do know you struck me because you were worried about her, misguided, though, those worries were."

Raven: "Wish we could trade our version for this one..."

Harlequin: "Our version's not that bad."

Raven: "No, she's not... but I'm sick and tired of how she tries to play 'Grab the fanny' with me every time I walk into Sickbay."

Harlequin: "It's done wonders for your Kancho-sense, though."

Raven: "That's a talent I could do without, Im."

"It's a hobby," Viconia shrugged. "Besides, it's good practise for my common. I'm good at speaking common, but I wasn't as good at writing common."

Should we all be replacing "Common" with "English" here? :D

Laska looked intently at Viconia. "You were awake the whole time, weren't you?"

Good move. ;)

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Yo."

" 'sup?"

:D

"Have you been crying?"

"More or less continuously," Laska sniffed again and wiped away another wayward tear.

Awwwww... normally, I enjoy giving Laska a hard time, but... awwwwww. :D

"Hug," Imoen demanded. Laska simply pulled the girl in an embrace and the two sisters held each other for a moment, while Laska sobbed quietly.

Raven: "Hugs are good. I like hugs." :)

Harlequin: "Want one?"

Raven: "Sure!"

-----

"Yeah, well, there was sea at the bottom of that cliff. He had a chance," Imoen winked.

Oh, really? Do you remember that one where they dropped Buster from the top of a crane, and they were like "Hey, if we throw a hammer in before he hits, will it break the surface tension of the water below enough so that he'll have a chance of living?"

Well, it didn't. Buster lost both his legs on that little ride. So... no... he's dead. Definitely dead. ;)

I think we pretty much both thought he was nuts when he offered us a choice between that red and that blue gem.

Except Lawrence Fishburne just really doesn't have that whole "I'm crazy... I'm effin' out of my mind..." look. :D

"Got a couple of good coins out of them too. Funny, though, that other guy looked too scrawny and well-dressed to be a smith."

And that, is what we call, a Godawful pun. :P

I knew he was nuts when he started talking to that donkey with the weird smile.

And he had a Scottish accent, too, I bet. :)

"Oh, that creepy girl in the white dress!" Imoen said. "I still hear that voice grating through my mind. 'Seven dayssssss...'. Creepy."

Don't think I know that one.

Probably not for that fat guy Peter that fed his family ipacack to compete for the last piece of pie. Gods, the puke was all over the floor of the Copper Coronet.

YES! :D

Chris: "Oh boy! That means I win! I get to eat- BLEEEERRRRRRGGGHHHHH!"

-----

Oh, dear Lord... that has got to be one of the best gags I've ever seen on that show. I was rolling on the floor... just couldn't stop, especially with the whole "Get the phone! Call 911- BLARRRGGG!"

Or Chris' "Dad! I'm scared!"

"Peter... Peter, I need you to hold my ears..."

Oh, man... that was an awesome scene. :D

#3 Laufey

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:18 PM

Not too much to add, really, since I commented already. ;)

So I'll just say - Laska deserved what Vic gave her, but I also think she deserves a hug. *hugs Laska*
Rogues do it from behind.

#4 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:02 PM

Umm, no, no Laska… they were just having argument, see, and in order to shut up Imoen, Viconia is now trying to bite off her tongue…

Any nostalgic thoughts she was having were replaced by a blind rage. Laska's nails dug into the railing as she watched their kiss intensify. She gritted her teeth, slung herself over the railing, landing on her feet on the lower platform, and strode towards the kissing couple with grim determination. Finally everything fell into place, the flirtations over the past months, the innuendo... Gods, how could she not have seen it? It had been going on since they'd been in Ust Natha!

What exactly is the reason for these feelings that Laska has? I don’t believe that people are so obsessive possessive and overprotective just so, without any deeper reason.

"I'm sure he didn't mean for you to scare off anything who was interested in me!" Imoen snarled. "You've been scaring off my boyfriends ever since I was fifteen! Oh, here comes Laska, sharpening her swords in the background whenever a boy is bringing me a box of chocolate. Oh, there's Laska, flexing her muscles whenever someone tries to kiss me. Oh, that was Laska, just showing off her new throwing dagger on the practise doll's groin whenever someone tries to invite me to a dance. Guess what, it gets old really fast!"

I also don’t quite believe that her taking Gorion’s words too close to heart is the only reason… does she believe and fear that one of these potential suitors would take Imoen away from her?

*wants to hit bloody hypocrite Laska with a really big stick* ;)

Laska was at a loss for words. The worst of it was that Imoen was right. In the meantime, Imoen supported a somewhat coherent Viconia and started dragging her from the platform.

I still want to see Laska figuring out where her feelings stem from, because I must know that! :D

Gods, what am I going to do? Laska sniffed. How the hell am I going to make things better? Can I even make things better? Why am I so STUPID?!

Oh come on, the great savior of the realms, wallowing in self-pity? You can do better than that, Laska…

"What do you want, dammit?!" Laska said. "Alright, alright, I got it. Take your best shot," she said, folding her arms away from her body and turning her cheek towards Viconia. Viconia said nothing in reply, but seemed somewhat reluctant. "Come on, Vico," Laska pressed. "Just take your best shot. You'll feel better and we'd be even. Come on, I won't defend myself. Go ahead."

I wouldn’t have recommended that… I think Vic isn’t the forgiving sort, but more the eye-for-the-eye type. ;)

But that all changed when magical energy shot from Viconia's fingers, burning into her skin. Laska felt pain like she had never felt before, as the magical energies shot through her cheek and into her body. Her vision blurred and her body trembled. She didn't know when she sank to her knees, but suddenly found herself staring up to Viconia, who looked at her impassionedly while still pressing her hand on Laska's cheek. Her skull felt as if it was heating up and her vision became even more blurred. Her limbs started to tremble uncontrollably... And then it was over.

Seems a bit like Harm spell… maybe a bit overdone for a simple broken jaw.

Even? Why you cold hearted bitch! ;)

Viconia smirked. "No... but have you ever tried to heal broken teeth? Now that is painful. Imagine new teeth growing into your jaw while pushing the remains of the old ones out."

Ouch! Jaheira must have gone through that as well after her fistfights with Laska. :)

"Well," Viconia said. "Jan and Dynaheir have been playing 'Mistress of Pain' every day since Trademeet, Boo is seeing a squirrel on the side, and I won't even go into the depravities Korgan and Keldorn get into when the tent flap closes at night."

Aaaaaargh! My eyes… well, I can believe about Jan and Dynaheir at least.

Laska flipped through the book and was amazed. She'd never expected Viconia to be keeping these kind of meticulous records. The journal contained information by date on the particulars, and the outcome, rewards and treasure found during just about every single quest they had done. It had opinions of every partymember on each quest, recorded in Viconia's feminine calligraphy, in between personal thoughts and opinions, small drawings and notes about spells and tactics used in many combats, with ideas for improvement in a next battle-situation. Aside from all that, it contained records of just about every transaction with every merchant, about every item both sold and bought, including detailed item descriptions, price-listings and comparisons. There were also crude maps of dungeons and keeps explored, clues and letters that were transcribed from their source into the journal, and discriptions of monsters fought, complete with tactics devised on how to defeat them.

*lost for words* Anal retentive, much? :D Still, sounds like something I’d be tempted to do. ;)

"You should have been a scribe at Candlekeep," Laska chuckled. "This'll be quite handy when we'll be writing out autobiographies," she joked.

Please do write – you wouldn’t want someone like Athans to write about you adventures, would you? He had the wrong sister sleeping with Phaere, for example. ;)

Viconia's eyes grew wide and avoided Laska the best she could in an enclosed space. Unfortunately, she was not quick enough and found herself in a rib-crushing hug.

"I'm sorry," Laska said again, and Viconia could swear she felt a tear drop on her shoulder.

Aww, that’s sweet. :)

Heh heh… more awwwws… ;)

*nods* But a very likable one. :D

"Remember that rat Eldoth?" Imoen smirked. "I told you he tried to kiss me and hit on me and all that? Well, I just wanted you to ditch that loser."

Good on all humanity! And good on Skie, too. :)

"Me and my bottle of Evermead, yes," Laska replied. "You know, I think I was worried that, with you all grown up, you don't want to have your annoying big sister around anymore."

I guess it’s just the fear of abandonment under it all… same fear that’s the reason for most cases of extreme jealousy, for example

And so the two sisters stood watching the forest, while Imoen whispered into Laska's ear. It was a place of serenity and silence, until...

well, duh? They have been sharing a room for how long now? ;)

Well, that ends that arc. Shaya's up next when I get around to writing up the story. Thanks for reading!

Shaya? *puzzled*

Oh, that Kotor story! Looking forward to it! :)

#5 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:17 PM

Bran: "Evasive manuevers! Shields up! Prepare to return fire!"

Jaheira: "Emotional disturbance cannot be battled that way."

Bran: "Sure would be nice if you could just hit it with a torpedo barrage and make it go away."

Jaheira: "Despite the overly pyrotechnic solution, you do have a point."

Imoen's up to something....

Alert! Alert! Superprotective Sister System has been activated. Initiating Response Level 5.

Before she herself even realized what was happening, Laska had grabbed Viconia by the arm and treated her to a fist to the jaw. The Drow had been taken completely by surprise and landed sprawled on the floor in a state of semi-coherence. Laska was so consumed with rage that she didn't even notice the look of shock on Imoen's face.

Bran: "Now that's a sucker punch."

Bran: "You don't know Imoen too well sometimes, do ya? Taking advantage of her? I mean come on."

"But NOTHING!" Imoen shouted and waved her hand in an arcane gesture, launching a few electric bolts from her fingers that landed right in front of Laska's feet with a thunderous crash, forcing the tattooed elf to take a step back. "When will you stop doing this?! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN DOING THIS!!"

Bran: "Seems like there is some pent up agression there."

Imoen: "Just a smidge."

Bran: "You know, I tried to be the responsible big brother. Discourage you from applying to the Academy and staying the hell out of Intelligence. And the whole thing with that Seldaran fighter jock."

Imoen: "Hey, he was good for rides."

Bran: "You got him to bust regs on passengers?"

Imoen: "Oh.. yeah. That's it."

Bran: "Oh gods. Excuse me while I take out a contract."

Bran: "Sounds like a good policy."

Imoen: "Right. Just bolt the girl down and repress any sort of sexual independence."

Bran: "First, that's one of the jobs of the older sibling. And second, I'd hate to see what would have happened without any repression."

Imoen: *glares* "What's that supposed to mean?"

Bran: "Nothing."

"I haven't been doing that since I left Candlekeep, come on!" Laska replied, but got a horrible sinking feeling in her stomach... the feeling something she had done something which was horribly wrong.

Incorrect!

"Hey, I know how those men think!" Laska replied. "Oh, it all starts all innocently with a flower and a chat, until they see the chance to get into your panties!"

Bran: "She is quite knowledgable in this."

Valygar: "Indeed."

Minsc: "But panties are so small! How can one fit one's mighty body in them?"

Bran: "We'll explain later. Much later."

Yowch. The emotional firepower has just gone up by a factor...

Viga *dressed in referee's uniform throws yellow flag* "Unsportsmanlike conduct on the defense, emotional low blow. Fifteen yard penalty, first down."

It's American Football season again! Woo!

Imoen: "Direct hit."

Bran: "That's gonna hurt."

Viga: "She's got you there Laska. Dead to rights."

"I'm twenty-two years old, Laska," Imoen said. "I don't need you to protect me from anyone. Let me have Vic, dammit. Let me live my life."

Laska shook her head. "Dammit," she sighed.

Bran: "Kid sisters aren't supposed to grow up, I know. It was damn shocking to me when it happened. Still wish it didn't."

Sucks... don't it.

Slamming yet another empty bottle of Evermead on the table, Laska sat at one of the tables, the party having died down long ago. Laska didn't care. She had scared herself today by what she'd done. And slowly, anger had subsided and made place for fear and self-loathing.

Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.

Aleria: "The curse of being alive. We all do dumb things."

Imoen (Aleria variant): "Like becoming a stick in the mud paladin."

Aleria: "And should I be a reckless vagabond like you dear sister?"

Imoen: "You'd be a lot more fun."

Aleria: "And we would probably be a lot more dead."

Imoen: "Details."

A few harebrained schemes came to mind, including setting up a situation where she'd look like a hero by saving both Viconia and Imoen's life... of course, that would mean setting fire to their bed first, to get the couple in danger for her to come to the rescue then. But she dismissed that plan quickly, seeing she had done enough harm already.

How about saving them from a monster? Still, it would be very hard to smuggle a troll into the city. And, then again, both of them were quite capable of dealing with a troll without her help.

Bran: "The problem with harebrained plans is that they're hairbrained. And generally blow up more things than they fix."

But then it hit her. She heard the words of her father in her mind, as she was brought back to the time in Candlekeep, when she had used Imoen's pink tunic for dagger practise. "Everybody can make a mistake," her father had told her in a kindly voice after hearing the terrible fight she and Imoen were having. "But it takes real courage to admit your mistake and made amends for it."

Bran: "Most definitely."

The next morning, Laska stood in front of the door to the room in the lodge than belonged to Viconia and Imoen. She immediately saw Viconia, who was writing in the party's journal, sitting with her back to the window and facing the door. Viconia looked up and stared directly at her.

"Vico, I..." Laska said, and forced herself to calm down. "About last night..."

Viconia crossed her arms and remained staring at her elven companion.

"I, um... I kinda overreacted..."

The Drow never said a word and kept staring intently. Laska felt Viconia's eyes burning right through her, and felt as if she was shrinking an inch a second.

"So, uh... I, uhm... Dammit, you're not making this easy for me, you know?"

Viconia said nothing, did not move and kept staring at her intently.

"Well, uh," Laska sighed. "I guess it's not supposed to be easy. I, uh, I never should have, uhm, you know," Laska said and pointed at Viconia's bruise.
gain, said nothing and simply kept staring.

"Dammit," Laska spoke louder now. "Will you just say something?! Call me a bitch, hurl a spell at me, curse my name, but at least say something?!"

"Look, I'm sorry, okay!" Laska said, once again forcing to calm herself down. "I never should have hit you. I've been a real idiot!"

Viconia simply kept staring.

I love this scene... very well done. :twisted:

This is going to hurt. Asking a drow to give it her best shot? Yikes.

Viconia slowly rose from her seat. "Alright," she said calmly and strolled over to Laska, stopping short in front of her. Laska was surprised when the expected punch turned into a brief caress across her cheek.

Contact was broken and Laska collapsed on the ground, lying at Viconia's feet while the pain slowly subsided.

Bran: "Damn. What the hell was that?"

Jaheira: "Pain. And a lot of it."

The Drow touched her own cheek with two fingers and, after the blue light of a healing spell emerged from those fingers, her bruise was completely gone. Then, Viconia briefly touched Laska's cheek again, this time banishing the pain she had caused, and offered the fallen elf a hand, hoisting her to her feet.

Laska shook her head for a moment. "Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. What the bloody hell was that?!"

"My best shot," Viconia chuckled. "Or, basically it was a spell to cause wounds. In this case, it didn't actually cause a wound, but it did transmit the pain with double intensity."

Dr. Aerie: "Direct neural transfer to pain synapses. I have seen it before, it is a cruel thing."

Valygar: "A singularly unpleasant experience."

"Not to mention your sense of denial," Viconia snorted. "I didn't think you'd be so dense as to not notice our budding relationship earlier."

"Possibly, possibly," Laska nervously twirled her braid in her hands. "Sorta tends to make a girl wonder what more is going on that I'm not seeing."

Here's the wind up and the pitch!

Swing and a drive! Deep to left field! Going, going, gone!!

Laska chuckled for a moment. "You're kidding... Uh, right?"

"Right."

Praise be!

It was a simple greeting. The same greeting they shared every time they had been having an argument when they had been children and one of them wanted to apologize. Imoen was standing on the roof of the Adventurer's Lodge, staring over the treetops of the forest, which stretched as far as the eye could see. The human eye, at least. The elven eye would be able to see the fields beyond the forest, the Marching Mountains in the distance and even the city of Saradush from this vantage point.

I imagine it happened more than once....

"So do I," Imoen said. "Problem with that?"

"Not anymore."

Progress.

"Have you been crying?"

Poor thing....

Bran: "Practical things, hugs."

Imoen: "Hug!"

Bran: "Aye aye!"

"Will you finally stop overreacting?"

"I will," Laska said through her tears. "I'll try, at least..."

Small wizened green man: "Do or do not! There is no try!"

"Vic loves me, you know. She'd never admit it, but I know it. I'm with her, and it sorta feels like a grand adventure, you know? I mean, you know the dragon and the gold are into the dungeon, but I feel like I'm standing in front of the entrance, stumbling around not knowing where the traps and twists are. Do you know what I mean?"

Welcome to relationships. :twisted:

"No, I do!" Imoen giggled. "It's just that... I would have told you everything if you just weren't so prone to overreacting, ya know? It'd be nice to talk to you about... relationship stuff and all that."

"We could start doing that now, I suppose," Laska sighed. "I promise I won't blow my top... much."

*snigger* At least she's honest.

Elven Truth Sayer: "Truth." :)

And the ocean's just a little damp. :D

"Okay, in that case," Laska tilted her head and chuckled briefly. "I'm just a bit of slut."

*snigger*

Imoen turned back to the view. "Uh, you know, I have to admit I've been, ahum, making use of your, um, overprotectiveness sometimes."

"Oh?" Laska narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

Slim to none. But then again.. it's Eldoth.

Laska chuckled. "You're bonkers, you know that?"

Bran: "We all do. It's a property of the species."

"Not as nuts as some of the people we met," Imoen said. "Remember that odd guy with the strange dark glasses that was sitting in the Copper Coronet?"

"Which bloke?" Laska said. "Oh, wait, you're talking about that bald one, weren't you?"

"Yes," Imoen said. "That guy that kept going on and on about how this world wasn't the real world and we were all being used by machines. I think we pretty much both thought he was nuts when he offered us a choice between that red and that blue gem."

"You stole the gems off him when that other weird bloke dragged him off, didn't you?" Laska smiled.

"Oh, yeah," giggled Imoen. "Got a couple of good coins out of them too. Funny, though, that other guy looked too scrawny and well-dressed to be a smith."

I need the codes to Zion!

Laska thought for a moment. "Hey, remember that fat green ogre I invited for an arm wrestling competition, and he got all huffy and upset and started calling me prejudiced because 'ogres have layers' and all that? I knew he was nuts when he started talking to that donkey with the weird smile."

Shrek!

The Ring, right?

"It's been seventy-seven days and I'm still waiting. What were we supposed to be waiting for anyway?" Laska asked.

A check from Ed McMahon!

"Probably not for that fat guy Peter that fed his family ipacack to compete for the last piece of pie. Gods, the puke was all over the floor of the Copper Coronet. Still, I guess, we're not all that stranger from these people," Laska said.

Family Guy rocks.

Imoen chuckled. "Com'ere," she giggled and wrapped an arm around Laska's shoulders. "I need you, you need me. Sisters forever! And now I have kinds of juicy stories to tell you."

Ho boy.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

"Yep..."

"I want details!"

Imoen: "Your fault there. Hehehehehe."

Good arc Weyoun. Very entertaining and I've been wondering how this was going to be 'resolved.'

VH

#6 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

yay!!!

and her little sister was enjoying it...i really think that a part of why laska got so upset was that little scene in hell where she shagged viccy...a combination of guilt, hint of the forbidden, followed byholding it in as a secret... :D

well, d'uh!!!

as cute as imoen is, really, viccy is much more attractive to most people, right? so wouldn't it be a lot more logical that imoen was taking advantage of viccy? :roll:

yoiks! little sister grew some fangs... :shock:

get used to it...that's what older brothers and sisters do...its genetic, programmed into us... :?

"He only gave me a flower and you chased him all over Beregost with a bit of wood!" Imoen replied.

with a rusty nail stuck in it? :shock:

aren't you glad imoen likes girls? :)

whoa...that button should never be pushed, imoen...no matter the provocation...

"That's not it at all!"

"Isn't it?"

"No!"

i'm afraid it is, you know...that shadow is meant to be protective, but it can be awfully confining...

"Look at what you've done here," Imoen said. "Vic's your best friend! And look at what you've done to her! Did you really expect me to fling myself into your arms and rescue me from a monster? This is our friend, Las, your friend. She nursed you to health, saved your life twice now when you were dying! Look at what you've done!"

ah...what's a punch between friends? if laska and viccy were guys, viccy would absolutely have expected that punch...

From what she had done, there was no way back, leaving her only to wrack her mind to find a way to make things better. The tears continued to streak across her cheeks. She'd been a complete and utter hypocrite, insulted her sister and hit Viconia. She'd been a creep to those two people that meant the world to her.

nope, just acting like the typical big brother... :roll:

too much testosterone? :D :twisted: :twisted:

*swallow* :shock:

viccy's good at that slow torture bit...of course, she is a drow...

well, she is a drow.. :twisted: but she also knew that laska would still blame herself if she didn't feel major pain...

Viconia Chin: Direct neural stimulation glove. It produces an electrostatic field that directly stimulates the nerves. Also commonly called "Neuronic Whip".

Jessie: Yeah, I frikking hate those things. Yo, Chin.

Viconia: Hello Jessie. I hear you got a new squeeze.

Nalia: I'm not her squeeze, I'm her girlfriend!!!

Viconia: Oh? You're not sleeping with Jessie yet?

Nalia: :D

I had my wisdom teeth pulled under local... :wink: :wink: :wink: 4 sets... :wink:

Viconia turned around and sat down at the desk. "We never stopped being friends. I've seen you do some of the most mindnumbingly stupid things in the past and I have learned not to judge you for them. Especially since these stupid things tend to pay off in some way or another."

:lol:

:lol: yeah...it was pretty dumb of her...

:roll: ;) ;) ;) ;)

"Oh, I don't know," Laska said. "We should give it a catchy title. How about calling this book 'The Shadows of Amn'?"

borrring...yawn...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Alright, if you're really my friend, you'll leave now, otherwise I'll be forced to jump out of the window to avoid crushing sentimentality in the room," Viconia retorted.

we all know you're a big softy...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :wink:

laska: and other stuff...

*laska pulls out a copy of the "Drow Sutra"*

laska: so have you been doing this? and this one? and that one? oh..that one looks painful...

imoen: ;) ;) ;) :oops: :oops: :oops:

which is exactly how we like her... :twisted:

have to agree with alpha here...knowing laska she threw him off a HIGH cliff... :twisted:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

good thing they don't have video tapes in the realms... :roll:

never saw it...sorry...

;) :) :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: heh heh heh...tables turned...

yay!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

#7 Arcalian

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:54 PM

Laska: The POWER of Cleavage.

(kicks Billy Idol back to the 80s)

You know, I didnt' expect Imoen to stand up so firmly, or for Laska to eralize she messed up so quickly. But I'm glad to see both.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Don't piss of the Vickie!!!!! :twisted:

Well...... ;) :shock: :twisted:

:twisted: ;) AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is no bad thing, either. Really, it isn't.

Smith: We shall meet again Miss Leafwalker...... ;) :shock:

Tripping the Rift just did a hellacious parody of Matrix, btw. Wonder when you'll get to see that one.

Well, DUH!

;)
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#8 Weyoun

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:57 PM

(Whistles) It's a... nice day for a... white wedding... ;)

Bingo! :D

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer... ;)

Denial. :)

Oh, of course... I mean, it couldn't possibly be a mutual attraction... because, you know, these two are only like your best friends in the world... so, certainly, one of them has to be malicious enough to try and take sexual advantage of your little sister... and the other just HAS to be too stupid to realize someone's trying to manipulate her. I mean, sure, it makes perfect sense. ;)

Well, it makes sense to someone who's in utter, utter denial and doesn't want to see the truth. :)

Harlequin: (Shrug) "We're not kids, anymore, Lynn... hard to believe, but there are times when even we" (Jerks thumb towards TNT Imoen) "know what we're doing."

Yup. It happens. :)

Raven: "This is what we call-"

Harlequin: "Shooting yourself in the foot?"

Raven: "Pretty much, yeah... she could probably use a logic class or two."

Harlequin: "Please. Like she'd even understand the basic symbols... um... no offense..."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Raven: "Ouch. Low blow. True, maybe, but-"

Harlequin: "Oh, yeah. Low blow."

She has a right to be angry, I suppose. And that's when things get said that will be regretted later. One of those Law of the Universe, I guess. :)

Raven: "For the record, I didn't like the idea of you joining the service, and I didn't like you dating that one guy with the tattoos and the hover-bike... and for the record, I tried to stop you -both- times."

Harlequin: "I remember." ;) "Don't worry, Lynn... you've still got the moral high ground."

Raven: ;) "That's harsh."

Harlequin: "You betcha." :twisted:

Heheheheheheh, score for Harlequin. :)

This doesn't have to be so hard. Just walk in, say "I'm right, you're wrong." Then walk away, and leave it at that. It won't fix things right away, of course, but it will let them know that you've at least thought about the situation and are starting to realize just what's going on. Time should do the rest.

That could work... sadly, Laska has a history to making things difficult for herself. :)

"Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. What the bloody hell was that?!"

That was "getting even." :P

:twisted:

I don't ever want to have my wisdom teeth pulled. ;)

Nor me... Only if they completely put me under.

Raven: "Wish we could trade our version for this one..."

Harlequin: "Our version's not that bad."

Raven: "No, she's not... but I'm sick and tired of how she tries to play 'Grab the fanny' with me every time I walk into Sickbay."

Harlequin: "It's done wonders for your Kancho-sense, though."

Raven: "That's a talent I could do without, Im."

My Viconia has grown and developed a lot over the course of the story. :)

Still, I think you guys get a lot of people calling in sick. :)

Should we all be replacing "Common" with "English" here? :D

:shock: It's basically the same.

Good move. :shock:

;)

Awwwww... normally, I enjoy giving Laska a hard time, but... awwwwww. :D

Laska does have her tender moments. She's really sorry now. :D

Raven: "Hugs are good. I like hugs." :)

Harlequin: "Want one?"

Raven: "Sure!"

Awww... :)

Oh, really? Do you remember that one where they dropped Buster from the top of a crane, and they were like "Hey, if we throw a hammer in before he hits, will it break the surface tension of the water below enough so that he'll have a chance of living?"

Well, it didn't. Buster lost both his legs on that little ride. So... no... he's dead. Definitely dead. ;)

Well, they don't get Mythbusters in the Realms... so, perhaps it's a good idea to keep that particular dream alive for our sisters. :)

Except Lawrence Fishburne just really doesn't have that whole "I'm crazy... I'm effin' out of my mind..." look. :D

LOL! You're right, he's actually got that "Look at me funny and I'll rip your arms off and beat you over the head with them"-look. :D

"Got a couple of good coins out of them too. Funny, though, that other guy looked too scrawny and well-dressed to be a smith."

And that, is what we call, a Godawful pun. :P

Couldn't resist, really. :D

Don't think I know that one.

It's Samara from the Ring. :D Japanese version was better, though.

YES! ;)

Chris: "Oh boy! That means I win! I get to eat- BLEEEERRRRRRGGGHHHHH!"

-----

Oh, dear Lord... that has got to be one of the best gags I've ever seen on that show. I was rolling on the floor... just couldn't stop, especially with the whole "Get the phone! Call 911- BLARRRGGG!"

Or Chris' "Dad! I'm scared!"

"Peter... Peter, I need you to hold my ears..."

;)

Oh, man... that was an awesome scene. :D

Oh, don't I know it. I had to scrape myself off the floor after seeing that scene. :D

---

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#9 Weyoun

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:59 PM

Not too much to add, really, since I commented already. :twisted:

So I'll just say - Laska deserved what Vic gave her, but I also think she deserves a hug. *hugs Laska*

Laska can be a real idiot from time to time, but when she's sorry, she is sincerely sorry. :twisted: Thanks again for proofing!

---

---

#10 Weyoun

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:24 PM

Umm, no, no Laska… they were just having argument, see, and in order to shut up Imoen, Viconia is now trying to bite off her tongue…

LOL! That's an... interesting interpretation. ;)

What exactly is the reason for these feelings that Laska has? I don’t believe that people are so obsessive possessive and overprotective just so, without any deeper reason.

There is a deeper reason at play here, but I haven't elaborated on it directly, because it wasn't really the core issue here. Besides, it keeps people guessing. :)

I also don’t quite believe that her taking Gorion’s words too close to heart is the only reason… does she believe and fear that one of these potential suitors would take Imoen away from her?

That's part of it, yes.

*wants to hit bloody hypocrite Laska with a really big stick* ;)

Careful. Laska hits back. ;)

I still want to see Laska figuring out where her feelings stem from, because I must know that! :D

Whoa.... :shock:

Oh come on, the great savior of the realms, wallowing in self-pity? You can do better than that, Laska…

Ah, everybody wallows in self-pity once in a while. :) So does Laska.

I wouldn’t have recommended that… I think Vic isn’t the forgiving sort, but more the eye-for-the-eye type. ;)

:shock: As Laska will find out, yes. :twisted:

Seems a bit like Harm spell… maybe a bit overdone for a simple broken jaw.

And the teeth. Don't forget about the teeth. That really hurts.

Even? Why you cold hearted bitch! ;)

Ouch! Jaheira must have gone through that as well after her fistfights with Laska. :)

I'm afraid she probably had to, yes. And so did Laska, probably. ;) She certain has been in enough fistfights.

Aaaaaargh! My eyes… well, I can believe about Jan and Dynaheir at least.

*lost for words* Anal retentive, much? :D Still, sounds like something I’d be tempted to do. ;)

LOL! Well, like I said, it's a hobby. Kinda like Dave Gorman's encounter in the first Dave Gorman book, where a couple had kept records of every single one of their daily scrabble games for the last 30 years. :)

Please do write – you wouldn’t want someone like Athans to write about you adventures, would you? He had the wrong sister sleeping with Phaere, for example. ;)

Laska : Athans?! KILLLLLLL!!!

Weyoun : See? Now you're finally happy that I am your scribe and not that bastard Athans. :)

Aww, that’s sweet. :)

:)

Heh heh… more awwwws… ;)

Yay! I got an awwww! :D

*nods* But a very likable one. :D

Good on all humanity! And good on Skie, too. :)

Definitely. I'd call Eldoth the Amazing Rat-man. :)

I guess it’s just the fear of abandonment under it all… same fear that’s the reason for most cases of extreme jealousy, for example

Laska has some issues with change, and this is one of the first signs of her starting to notice the world is changing around her while she remains the same. But when someone kicks her into the butt about something, she's a lot quicker to accept it. :)

well, duh? They have been sharing a room for how long now? ;)

Shaya? *puzzled*

Oh, that Kotor story! Looking forward to it! :)

Thanks!

---

---

#11 Weyoun

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:12 AM

[quote]
Bran: "Evasive manuevers! Shields up! Prepare to return fire!"
[/quote]

[quote]
Jaheira: "Emotional disturbance cannot be battled that way."
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "Sure would be nice if you could just hit it with a torpedo barrage and make it go away."
[/quote]

[quote]
Jaheira: "Despite the overly pyrotechnic solution, you do have a point."
[/quote]

LOL! Well, blowing up stuff usually solves a lot of problems... because it blows up the problem. :lol:

[quote]
Imoen's up to something....
[/quote]

:wink:

[quote]
Alert! Alert! Superprotective Sister System has been activated. Initiating Response Level 5.
[/quote]

That's a good way to describe it. :shock:

[quote]
Bran: "You don't know Imoen too well sometimes, do ya? Taking advantage of her? I mean come on."
[/quote]

She's not exactly thinking clearly here. :shock:

[quote]
Imoen: "Hey, he was good for rides."
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "You got him to bust regs on passengers?"
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen: "Oh.. yeah. That's it."
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "Oh gods. Excuse me while I take out a contract."
[/quote]

:roll:

[quote]
Bran: "Sounds like a good policy."
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen: "Right. Just bolt the girl down and repress any sort of sexual independence."
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "First, that's one of the jobs of the older sibling. And second, I'd hate to see what would have happened without any repression."
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen: *glares* "What's that supposed to mean?"
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "Nothing."
[/quote]

Laska : Finally someone who understands! :wink:

[quote]
Bran: "She is quite knowledgable in this."
[/quote]

[quote]
Valygar: "Indeed."
[/quote]

[quote]
Minsc: "But panties are so small! How can one fit one's mighty body in them?"
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "We'll explain later. Much later."
[/quote]

I don't want to be part of THAT conversation. :oops:

[quote]
Imoen: "Direct hit."
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "That's gonna hurt."
[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
[/quote]

For Laska, it's mostly a solution. :lol:

[quote]
Aleria: "The curse of being alive. We all do dumb things."
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen (Aleria variant): "Like becoming a stick in the mud paladin."
[/quote]

[quote]
Aleria: "And should I be a reckless vagabond like you dear sister?"
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen: "You'd be a lot more fun."
[/quote]

[quote]
Aleria: "And we would probably be a lot more dead."
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen: "Details."
[/quote]

:shock:

[quote]
I love this scene... very well done. :wink:
[/quote]

Thank you. I thought that scene really fitted Viconia.

[quote]
This is going to hurt. Asking a drow to give it her best shot? Yikes.
[/quote]

Rest assured, Laska is never going to do that again. :twisted:

[quote]
Jaheira: "Pain. And a lot of it."
[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]
Praise be!
[/quote]

[quote]
Poor thing....
[/quote]

She's not been having a good night.

[quote]
Bran: "Practical things, hugs."
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen: "Hug!"
[/quote]

[quote]
Bran: "Aye aye!"
[/quote]

Awww...

[quote]
Small wizened green man: "Do or do not! There is no try!"
[/quote]

Laska : *kicks small wizened green man* :twisted:

[quote]
Elven Truth Sayer: "Truth." :twisted:
[/quote]

Laska : *kicks elven truth sayer* :roll:

[quote]
Slim to none. But then again.. it's Eldoth.
[/quote]

The mutant man-rat... :shock:

[quote]
I need the codes to Zion!
[/quote]

I doubt they got them. :oops:

[quote]
The Ring, right?
[/quote]

Prefectly excellent.

[quote]
Family Guy rocks.
[/quote]

One of the best animated shows ever. :oops:

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote]
Good arc Weyoun. Very entertaining and I've been wondering how this was going to be 'resolved.'
[/quote]

Well, it was about time this arc ended. :shock: Time for new things now. :wink: thanks for commenting.

---

---

#12 Weyoun

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:31 AM

and her little sister was enjoying it...i really think that a part of why laska got so upset was that little scene in hell where she shagged viccy...a combination of guilt, hint of the forbidden, followed byholding it in as a secret... :lol:

You're not wrong there, there was that as an underlying factor. :)

as cute as imoen is, really, viccy is much more attractive to most people, right? so wouldn't it be a lot more logical that imoen was taking advantage of viccy? :lol:

Perhaps, that would actually be what happened. It's always been Imoen who's been (trying to) taking the initiative.

yoiks! little sister grew some fangs... :oops:

Little sister can be very angry. :)

get used to it...that's what older brothers and sisters do...its genetic, programmed into us... :?

It's one of those laws of the universe. 8)

with a rusty nail stuck in it? :oops:

No, she just ripped a piece of a fence out of the ground. :D

aren't you glad imoen likes girls? :roll:

At least there won;t be any pregnancies.

whoa...that button should never be pushed, imoen...no matter the provocation...

All bets are off now. :(

i'm afraid it is, you know...that shadow is meant to be protective, but it can be awfully confining...

That's possibly one of the most fitting descriptions I've read.

ah...what's a punch between friends? if laska and viccy were guys, viccy would absolutely have expected that punch...

Unfortunately, they're not guys, though. :D So there has to be a reckoning later. :)

nope, just acting like the typical big brother... :lol:

too much testosterone? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Laska : EEEP! :oops:

viccy's good at that slow torture bit...of course, she is a drow...

Which is also why there needed to be a reckoning later. :)

well, she is a drow.. :lol: but she also knew that laska would still blame herself if she didn't feel major pain...

It's a physical way of atoning, perhaps.

Viconia Chin: Direct neural stimulation glove. It produces an electrostatic field that directly stimulates the nerves. Also commonly called "Neuronic Whip".

Jessie: Yeah, I frikking hate those things. Yo, Chin.

Viconia: Hello Jessie. I hear you got a new squeeze.

Nalia: I'm not her squeeze, I'm her girlfriend!!!

Viconia: Oh? You're not sleeping with Jessie yet?

Nalia: :)

I had my wisdom teeth pulled under local... :wink: :wink: :wink: 4 sets... :wink:

Geez! :roll: Well, I have a history of having teeth pulled. (Jaw too small for some molars and all that), but luckily no wisdom teeth.

;) yeah...it was pretty dumb of her...

Laska can be very dense. :D

:roll: :roll: :cry: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted some sweetness.

laska: and other stuff...

*laska pulls out a copy of the "Drow Sutra"*

laska: so have you been doing this? and this one? and that one? oh..that one looks painful...

imoen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :( :P :lol:

ROTFL! Now that would be an embarrassing situatuon. :P

which is exactly how we like her... :shock:

:P

have to agree with alpha here...knowing laska she threw him off a HIGH cliff... :shock:

Nobody'd miss him anyway. :P

never saw it...sorry...

It's an episode of family guy. Peter challenges his family to eat ipacack, and the last one to puke gets to eat the last piece of pie. Needless to say, it goes horribly wrong.

;) ;) ;) heh heh heh...tables turned...

yay!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks!

---

---

#13 Weyoun

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:33 AM

Laska: The POWER of Cleavage.

(kicks Billy Idol back to the 80s)

Hey, what's wrong with Billy Idol?

You know, I didnt' expect Imoen to stand up so firmly, or for Laska to eralize she messed up so quickly. But I'm glad to see both.

Laska needs a good kick in the butt now and then. It helps get the message across. :lol:

Don't piss of the Vickie!!!!! :twisted:

Exactly. Vicky kicks back, so to speak. :lol:

Well...... :shock: :shock: :lol:

:shock: :shock: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I needed some sweetness here.

That is no bad thing, either. Really, it isn't.

Smith: We shall meet again Miss Leafwalker...... :oops: :shock:

It is inevitable. :twisted:

Tripping the Rift just did a hellacious parody of Matrix, btw. Wonder when you'll get to see that one.

Well, DUH!

:oops:

:oops: Thanks.

---

---

#14 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:15 PM

It's very interesting: you did not provide an explanation for Laska, not even in mention, and went straight into action, but it works! It really does. :)

Hmm, a strange thought came to my head that Gorion would prefer a normal human boy for Imoen, so she could settle down and have children, not a Drow girl, who she'd cover in chocolate paint and eat her up. :lol:

*snicker*

Whoops. Though I think Immy got one lesson already. If not for Laska, I doubt she'd sleep with Viconia.

A very good point. In BG1, when Imoen wants to fiddle with Tarnesh's spellbook, I say "no" right away. :twisted:

I think it was the best phrase of the whole chapter. Very good.

Depends on how often you make mistakes and make amends, I suppose.

LOL! :) :) :) :) :?

I see that you share an elven bond with Viccy. :D

Two typos here, I think: "practiCe", since it is a noun, not a verb; and the word "common" is "Common", like "Russian".

Good idea! Hey, I must have heard it before...

"Alright," Laska said. "How about calling this one 'Baldur's Gate'. Nice and simple."

NOOOO! They'll think Athans wrote it!

If it was intentional, it is very sweet: I could not help but notice there were quite a few "knows" and "means" in this paragraph. :lol:

Wow. ;)

Hey, you thieving... Imoen, leave Eldoth a-lo-ne! ;)

*giggle* Good one, even if it interacts with RL. ;)

"Yep..."

"I want details!"

I think this part looks incredible, except for the last phrase. If you finished it with "I want details!" , in my opinion, it would be more memorable.

OT: OK, have to go home now. Now that I've noticed the long trail of comments after me, you'd think I've become a commenting machine for tonight or something. But actually, I was doing it at my usual speed, and, however unlikely it may seem, I was really enjoying it. ;)

#15 Weyoun

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:21 PM

It's very interesting: you did not provide an explanation for Laska, not even in mention, and went straight into action, but it works! It really does. :D

I kinda left the real reasons for Laska's overprotectiveness in the dark and mostly dropped hints in this part and the next. I had this whole bit explaining it first, but after numerous revisings and restructuring, that was the first thing to go. Then, things started fell together and flow well.

Hmm, a strange thought came to my head that Gorion would prefer a normal human boy for Imoen, so she could settle down and have children, not a Drow girl, who she'd cover in chocolate paint and eat her up. :D

I think Gorion would want Imoen to be happy, wether it is with a human boy or a Drow girl. But I think if Gorion would still be alive, he'd be given quite a scare if Imoen stops by to introduce him to her new lover. :)

Whoops. Though I think Immy got one lesson already. If not for Laska, I doubt she'd sleep with Viconia.

Good point, thanks for making it. :D Yeah, Laska's the example Imoen followed in this case. :) If anything, life with Laska as a sister has made her more open-minded. :)

A very good point. In BG1, when Imoen wants to fiddle with Tarnesh's spellbook, I say "no" right away. :twisted:

Yeah, the BG1NPC mod. Does she still get that artefact when you say no?

I think it was the best phrase of the whole chapter. Very good.

Thank you. It was something that Laska should have been told a long time ago. :)

LOL! :? :D :lol: :) :lol:

;)

I see that you share an elven bond with Viccy. :)

Well, I'm not as nearly a meticulous record keeper as Viccy is, though. :)

Two typos here, I think: "practiCe", since it is a noun, not a verb; and the word "common" is "Common", like "Russian".

But maybe I need more practice myself. :) I guess I should start a journal. :)

Good idea! Hey, I must have heard it before...

:)

NOOOO! They'll think Athans wrote it!

:) NOOO! I don't want to be associated with Athans. :)

If it was intentional, it is very sweet: I could not help but notice there were quite a few "knows" and "means" in this paragraph. :)

That was deliberate. It's speech-language and she's a bit nervous here. :)

Wow. :D

Well, it has a core of truth, I suppose. ;)

Hey, you thieving... Imoen, leave Eldoth a-lo-ne! :)

I'd rather would have thrown an anvil on Eldoth's head. :) Remember I was one of Skie's writers on the BG1npc mod, after all. ;)

*giggle* Good one, even if it interacts with RL. :P

It is... inevitable, mister Anderson. ;)

I think this part looks incredible, except for the last phrase. If you finished it with "I want details!" , in my opinion, it would be more memorable.

I think you're right. I think I'll scrap that last line when I post this story up on the TnT page. That last noooo simply didn't really work. :)

OT: OK, have to go home now. Now that I've noticed the long trail of comments after me, you'd think I've become a commenting machine for tonight or something. But actually, I was doing it at my usual speed, and, however unlikely it may seem, I was really enjoying it. :D

Oh, yeah, commenting can be great fun. Commenting when you're supposed to be working is probably even more fun. :) Thanks for taking the time.

---

---

#16 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, the BG1NPC mod. Does she still get that artefact when you say no?

She is sort of quietly stealing it, whatever you say. (Interestingly enough, you only get "Imoen, get your hands off it!" choices) In the next dialogue about the book, however, something appears in your inventory, and I used the chance and threw it away. I needed my party thief! ;)

Really, whoever had the idea that a thief-mage is more powerful than a thief, and three thief-mages in BG2 are way cooler than three thieves/fighter-thieves, needs to listen to a hundred of the worst Jansen stories! :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com