Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 320

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:27 PM

Adrian's first strike had revealed the regerative ability. After all, as many times as the party had faced foes, they came to recognize special abilities when presented with them.

One darkened, bluring limb slapped him in the face so hard his helmet was knocked off and one of his teeth was sent flying. Grunting in pain, he lashed out, his blade running the other through, but the Kuo Toa Prince merely slipped back off of it. A near-fatal blow, and the adversary treated it as nothing.

A green lightning bolt from the Surgeon ripped through the foe. It stumbled back, but instantly came on again.

Viconia closed her eyes and called upon the power of Shar to let her see the foe in truth. She opened them again and stared at the prince, smiling smugly as his blurring faded.

But the darkness did not. That troubled her; as a priestess of Shar she should know Darkness in all it's forms.

But she did not let it trouble her long. She went down on one knee and swept forward with her flail. It tangled itself around one webbed foot, and down the Prince went, hard.

Zavrian and Haer'Dalis came in with spinning slashes. Both connected, but were healing far too fast. The Prince, still lying prone, reached up and grabbed Haer'Dalis around the throat with one webbed hand, and began to choke him. The other connected with Zavrian's face, long claw like nails giving him a scar just to the side of his right eye.

Anomen came in and started pounding, a furious Adrian just behind. The Prince was forced to let go of Haer'Dalis to parry their attacks, but parry them it did. Adrain began to beleive it was some sort of Fighting Monk as well. The prince began to get up, finally kicking Viconia's flail off....until Jan put an exploding crossbow bolt right into it's fish face. It squealed and went down again, dazed. The party began to crowd around, beating it down....until Viconia was kicked away, gasping for breath.

Edwin turned and looked at the chamber they were in. The walls was lined with small tubs, full of....tadpoles?

"Younglings," the mage hissed to himself. "Let's see how the fish monkey likes it when I hurt his children." The Thayvian let rip a roaring fireball into the nearet vat. It did more than burn; it exploded.

The Prince began to scream, and suddenly their wounds began to do real damage. Edwin had, inadvertantly, discovered the Prince's source of regenerative power...and thus, his weakness.

Frantically, Edwin scrambled in with the second phial, and allowed smelly amphibious blood from the Prince drain into it.

Korgan made it positive and final by cutting off the Prince's head.

------

There was no way to reattach Adrian's tooth, even with healing spells. So Viconia conferred with Korgan for a moment, and under the direction of Edwin, they cut free a chunk of one of the Prince's own claws. Korgan chopped it into tiny pieces with his axe.

They gave one of the slivers to Jan, who, ever inventive, took some gluey substance from one of his many spell component pouches. After a little more whittling of the claw sliver, they were able to painfully install the improvized tooth into Adrian's mouth.

"Guh," he said, then experimentally closed his mouth a few times. "It's jagged."

"It makes you look even more distnctive than the Drow glamour already did, Ssinsring," Viconia said, smiling, half teasing and half flirtatious.

The party laughed.

Abruptly, Imoen and Adrian stopped laughing and looked at eachother.

"Do you feel it?" Imoen asked her brother.

"Yes," he agreed, thoughtfully.

"What is it?" Zavrian said.

"Bhaal's essence is responding to a dark temple nearby. We have time, perhaps we should go look at it?" Adrian suggested.

The party agreed.

-----

Piero sat down heavily about halfway through Queen Ellesime's tale, his face growing as pale as hers.

When she finally finsihed, he breathlessly said, "So your entire interest in me......is based on the fact...that I...that I look like he used to?"

"The original attraction, yes, insofar as any Half-Elf could look like him. But you have proven yourself worthy in other ways since."

Piero bolted screaming from the Palace without waiting for the Queen to give him leave.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:43 AM

Viconia closed her eyes and called upon the power of Shar to let her see the foe in truth. She opened them again and stared at the prince, smiling smugly as his blurring faded.

Zavrian and Haer'Dalis came in with spinning slashes. Both connected, but were healing far too fast. The Prince, still lying prone, reached up and grabbed Haer'Dalis around the throat with one webbed hand, and began to choke him. The other connected with Zavrian's face, long claw like nails giving him a scar just to the side of his right eye.

"Younglings," the mage hissed to himself. "Let's see how the fish monkey likes it when I hurt his children." The Thayvian let rip a roaring fireball into the nearet vat. It did more than burn; it exploded.

Cool battle scene. :D I just thought I'd mark the places I liked best. :)

"It makes you look even more distnctive than the Drow glamour already did, Ssinsring," Viconia said, smiling, half teasing and half flirtatious.

Viccy... :)

"Bhaal's essence is responding to a dark temple nearby. We have time, perhaps we should go look at it?" Adrian suggested.

The party agreed.

Ah, 'bring the sacrifice to Demogorgon' one! I liked this place. Wonder who'll get struck by a column of flame in your party - when the party follows that narrow corridor that leads to the chambers, one member is inevitably being hit by Flame Strike.

When she finally finsihed, he breathlessly said, "So your entire interest in me......is based on the fact...that I...that I look like he used to?"

Don't tell me... he fell in love with her. :)

Piero bolted screaming from the Palace without waiting for the Queen to give him leave.

Brrr.... I can understand that.

#3 Weyoun

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:47 PM

Nice!

Even nicer! :twisted:

Piero sat down heavily about halfway through Queen Ellesime's tale, his face growing as pale as hers.

"The original attraction, yes, insofar as any Half-Elf could look like him. But you have proven yourself worthy in other ways since."

Good chapter.
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#4 Laufey

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

Adrian's first strike had revealed the regerative ability. After all, as many times as the party had faced foes, they came to recognize special abilities when presented with them.

I'm glad you put in this explanation. :twisted: Though I think it would fit even better in the previous chapter, since we enter right in the middle of the action scene here.

The Prince began to scream, and suddenly their wounds began to do real damage. Edwin had, inadvertantly, discovered the Prince's source of regenerative power...and thus, his weakness.

*cheers for clever wizard* :twisted:

They gave one of the slivers to Jan, who, ever inventive, took some gluey substance from one of his many spell component pouches. After a little more whittling of the claw sliver, they were able to painfully install the improvized tooth into Adrian's mouth.

"Guh," he said, then experimentally closed his mouth a few times. "It's jagged."

So, now he's basically got a fang? :twisted:

I didn't quite get this. I understand that he'd be freaked out, and angry, but to run screaming in terror seems rather extreme.
Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

One darkened, bluring limb slapped him in the face so hard his helmet was knocked off and one of his teeth was sent flying. Grunting in pain, he lashed out, his blade running the other through, but the Kuo Toa Prince merely slipped back off of it. A near-fatal blow, and the adversary treated it as nothing.

:wink:

eek, hope he can regenerate that tooth....I still remember Kagain losing one...maybe the spellcasters can utilize this kua-toa's own power, sort of like that trollsblood ring they made

But the darkness did not. That troubled her; as a priestess of Shar she should know Darkness in all it's forms.

double :D

But she did not let it trouble her long. She went down on one knee and swept forward with her flail. It tangled itself around one webbed foot, and down the Prince went, hard.

nice!! I like the way - argh, what's his name, the Zhent merc that was training Sarevok in the afterlife - used his flail too.

whoa!!

kinky!! yes, very

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Arcalian

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:49 PM

eek, hope he can regenerate that tooth....I still remember Kagain losing one...maybe the spellcasters can utilize this kua-toa's own power, sort of like that trollsblood ring they made

Nope, he's got a shaved-down Kuo-toa claw as a replacement. What's actually happening here is Adrian reflecting my own real life injury; my right front tooth snapped off and it was replaced by a dentist, just last week. Well the dentist repair was last week. Didn't get hit by a fish man though.

nice!! I like the way - argh, what's his name, the Zhent merc that was training Sarevok in the afterlife - used his flail too.

Besheridan.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#7 Arcalian

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:51 PM

No, he had not fallen in love with her. He appreciated her friendship and patronage, but was awed and a little frightened by her. Now, he's a LOT frightened by her.

She, on the other hand, was beginning, in a dim distant, affair-with-a-mere-mortal kind of way, starting to fall for him.

I don't hate Ellesime like so many others do. But neither do I particularly love her. So I thought it would be appropriate to give her a subplot of some sort. And Piero already being a Half-Elf NPC I was planning anyway, the connection suggested itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com