Concequences and Friends: Quiz 162:

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

Concequences and Friends

Elshana stared at the small bird. "Uh . . . " Gorion is going to kill me . . . She had not known the scroll she had found and decided to try would bond her to a familiar. It hadn't seemed that hard, nowhere near as complicated as the Fireball spell she had once seen.

Imoen laughed. "Oh, Ellie, you're gonna hear it."

Elshana continued to stare at the bird. Gorion would be furious. He had insisted she not have a familiar until she was old enough to take care of it. The twelve-year old had insisted that she would, but her Ada didn't seem to believe her.

*I am not an 'it.'*

Elshana blinked. *What?*

*I am not an 'it.'* There was a sigh as the raven distinctively rolled his eyes. *One would hope that I would have gotten a wizard intelligent enough to distinguish between the male and female of my species. Apparently not. Then again, I did not get a wizard, merely a child.*

"Oh. . . I didn't mean --" Elshana stammered. Imoen grinned.

*And this bonding has been preformed without the permission of your father?* He sounded very dissaproving.

*Uh . . . yeah.* Elshana bowed her head.

*Hmmm . . . so this was an accident?*

*Uh huh.* Elshana dreaded explaining this to Gorion. It would be worse then the time her and Imoen painted Ulraunt's face blue. *Not to be rude or anything, but it might be better if you left. You know, to find a real wizard, or someone else.*

There was a distinct laugh. *No, I think I shall enjoy this. After all, you are a child in need of guidance, guidance that your foster father doesn't seem to be able to impose. I think it shall be an interesting challenge to see you deal with a being that cannot be lied to, and that can read your thoughts.*

Elshana's eyes widened. Oh, I'm really, really in trouble now. How am I supposed to hide from a familliar? "Immie . . . it -- he can read my thoughts . . . do you know how much trouble we're in?"

"I suspect I do." Her foster father's voice caused her to turn. Elshana looked up into her father's lined face.

*Besides. I think that having to deal with me will keep you out of any additional trouble, no?*

"Well?" Gorion looked between her and the bird.

"I'm sorry, Ada." Elshana toed at a crack in the floor with her foot.

"I suspect you are. After all, he will be able to keep a far better eye on you then I will." There was a grin on her foster father's face. "I trust you've learned your lesson about meddling with magic? You now must face the consequences."

Elshana nodded. "I -- you mean I can keep him?" A wild smile appeared on her face. I get my own familiar! Ada said yes!

"Yes. You are bonded to him, child, for better or for worse." Her foster father extended a hand to the bird. "Does he have a name?"

"Numel." ELshana said, not quite sure of how she knew that.

"Well, Numel," Gorion said, stroking the bird's feathers, "I wish you luck."

*I suspect I shall need it.*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com