Photo

Tnt 182 : Off to war

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Weyoun

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

New Tnt! Sorry it got a bit long this time. It was originally longer, but I decided to save those parts for the epilogue. :D

Hope you like it.

Tnt 182 : Off to war

The Swiftwind was prepared to leave the Athkatlan harbour. The last supplies were brought on board, and captain Viconia was barking orders to Minsc, Korgan and Keldorn as they guided the cargo on the crane into the hold.

Laska and Rose paid them no heed. They stood on the deck, near the gangplank, in a firm embrace, sharing a kiss.

"Well," said Laska. "Adventurer goes to war and leaves girl behind. How horribly cliche, isn't it?"

"It would be an even more horrible cliche if girl waits for adventurer to come back and she never does," Rose said.

"Not a chance," Laska grinned. "I didn't get my spirit back just to lose it yet again."

The two lover nuzzled each other again for a moment. "The Swiftwind looks great. You picked out a good repairman."

"Uh, just don't look at the bill too long," Rose grimaced.

"Nonsense," Laska said. "As soon as we kick Bodhi's ass, I'll come and get you. We'll celebrate in Suldenesselar."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now..."

A stream of expletives flowed out of Viconia's mouth as the cargo was released from the crane to early and clattered to the deck.

"OY!" shouted Korgan. "Shut up, ye bloody foul-mouthed stinkin' thrice-be-damned Drow! Me beard be nay scruffy, yet white-'aired 'arlot! I be cuttin' yer ears off and make ye eat 'em! And when they be coming out the other end, I be makin' ye eat 'em again! Bloody, bloody, Drow!"

The verbal warfare continued at the Drow and the dwarf kept shouting increasingly horrible insults at each other from a distance, while Minsc covered Boo's ears and Keldorn tried to be a peacemaker.

"Uh-oh," Laska said. "Trouble in paradise."

"Come on," Rose smirked. "Those two always get like that when they're at sea."

The verbal warfare merrily continued. "Leave us be, Keldorn," Viconia snarled. "I can handle myself. This dwarven runt is no match for me."

"Runt, ey?!" Korgan snarled. "Aye, donnay ye be denyin' ye nay be the tallest of tha bunch, 'ere, Drow."

"Oh, go shag an Otyugh. Smell seeks smell, after all."

"Hah?! Me shag an Otyugh? Why would I be settlin' fer yer left-overs?! Probably wore it out too."

"I have standards, dwarf, which is more than I can say for you!"

"Standards? HAH!" Korgan grinned. "Give the chance, ye be fornicating with all the bloody sailors in the harbor. That be why all them ships be creakin' a while back. HAR HAR!"

"That is a lie! But it is not a lie that I saw you pick your nose with the tip of your beard a few days past!"

"SLANDER! SLANDER! ALL LIES! BLOODY BLEEDIN' LIES!"

Viconia smirked and crossed her arms. "Me thinks thou doth protest too quickly, dwarf."

"I'M GONNA AXE YE!" Korgan roared while Minsc and Keldorn struggled to hold him down.

"Yep," said Laska as she and Rose watched. "Business as usual."

---

The Swiftwind's one day trip along the swallow shoreline to the base of the Tethyrian peninsula was uneventful and speedy. The elven destroyer cleft through he waves and entered the river mouth. A few kilometers inland, the ship came to a halt and docked at the elven encampment, next to the other elven destroyers.

Laska ran off the gangplank to greet her mentor Anadielle with a hug.

"Hey, kiddo," she greeted and gave a nod to Imoen. "We knew you and your friends were successful and are already preparing our strike."

Imoen handed the Lanthorn to one of the mages and the disembarked party followed the bladesinger Anadielle through the elven encampment. The elves of three subraces seemed to be more harmonious this time around, and an atmosphere of grim determination hung in the encampment. These elves were determined to get their city back.

"What's that?" said Imoen as she pointed to a ruined temple surrounded by scaffolding. It was getting darker and there was movement in some of the tents next to the ruins. Moreover, these tents appeared to be of Drow design.

"That's Drow being true to their word," Anadielle smiled. "Not only has First Matron Phaere pledged three battalions of Drow warriors to our cause, she arranged a prisoner exchange and sent expert craftsmen to rebuild our sacred temple."

"Phaere must really want her trade-agreement," Viconia said.

"Aye," said Anadielle when they arrived at the command tent. "It did cause a bit of a stir, though, but their commander seems trustworthy."

Laska and her friends followed Anadielle into the command tent. The party recognized the Drow commander immediately. "Solaufein!" Laska waved briefly. Solaufein stood next to the Sylvan general Solvalidaas and was dressed in a black chainmail, save for a single silver emblem. He bore the symbol of Eilistraee with pride, as did the other Drow from his group.

"Yes, Laska," Solaufein greeted. "Greetings to you as well."

"You met?" Anadielle smiled.

"You could say that," Laska said.

Inside the command tent was a magical maquette of Suldenesselar, complete with enemy troop placements. There were representatives of each subrace of elves, most notably the generals and their seconds. Two female Drow priestesses of Eilistraee flanked Solaufein, two sylvans stood near Solvalidaas, several moon elven warriors were present as well as a young moon elf dressed in a mage-robe. The symbols on her robe identified her as a high-mage.

Laska thought this girl had to be the lover Anadielle had taken, but she couldn't have been older than 200 years. Her face was narrow, but pleasant and she had the most piercing dark eyes. Her hair was a soft brown and cascaded around her shoulders. Laska caught the look in Anadielle's eye as the two lovers smiled at each other.

Oddly enough, three gold elven captains were present, but there was no sign of Elhan, the loud-mouthed gold elven general.

"I never thought I was going to say this, Anadielle, but," Solvalidaas offered a sardonic grin. "But the relief supplies from Ust Natha have arrived."

"Sounds like First Matron Phaere has her affairs in order before we have," Anadielle smirked. "You missed out on a bit of excitement, Laska."

"Aye," Solaufein broke in. "Our arrival caused a bit of a stir. Phaere hoped that sending a squad of Eilistraee-worshippers would be less problematic, we were met with mistrust and hostility. Completely understandable, of course."

"So what else is new?" scoffed Viconia.

"Of course," Solvalidaas rolled his eyes. "Some were most hostile than others."

Anadielle broke in. "Frankly, we've been scouting around the city, using magic to view that frozen battle-field from every angle and, well, we can use all the help we can get."

"Two more squads of Drow warriors will be arriving tomorrow evening," Solaufein said. "One squad of city troops, led by Sergeant Imreenice, whom I believe you also know. The other is a group of Ghaunaduar worshippers looking to gain prestige."

"And that is why I relieved Elhan of command," Anadielle said. "He was vocal about his hatred for Drow, and I can see it happening that he will order his soldiers to turn on our Drow allies in the midst of battle. Captain Dhorid is more... pragmatic."

"The Drow are vicious, ruthless and efficient warriors, Laska," said Dhorid. The regal captain then gave a curt nod towards Viconia. "I do not care for them, but if we need their prowess to save our city from destruction, I say we take their offer."

"Perhaps it will start the healing process," Solvalidaas said. "We are tired of war, the constant fighting."

Anadielle smiled. "Let's see about winning this battle first, Solvalidaas. Let's discuss our strategy."

Everybody moved towards the magical map, depicting a realistic miniature of Suldenesselar. The Gold elven houses and buildings lay in the very middle, the Sylvan quarters lay around it like a ring. The locations of enemy troops were shown as red markers, and were almost all in the gold elven section.

"The gold elven section, effectively the city's center, is ravaged and overrun," Anadielle said, "and enemy troops are guarding the main entrance to the city. Which is why we won't enter through there..." she pointed out three big branches leading in from the Sylvan section. "These three branches can easily carry us into the city and are just outside the bubble. Our mages will use dimension door spells to get us there."

"Clever," Keldorn said. "You're using the time-stop to create element of surprise."

Anadielle smiled. "I'm hoping for more than that," she grinned. "The original attack took place at night, judging from all the vampires on the streets. I intend to lift the spell on the city at dawn."

"Thereby creating confusion. To them, it'll seem as if day has suddenly turned into night," Keldorn said.

"Not only that," said Minsc. "But Boo says that all Vampires will then fit into a single dust-pan! Ahey!"

"I'm hoping that the sudden confusion, the shock of seeing their allies turning into dust combined with a surprise attack from three sides will buy us enough time to pull off some devastating attacks and entrench ourselves firmly before they recover," Anadielle said.

"As far as enemies go," Anadielle said. "We've seen vampires, Rakshasa, several demonic creatures, golems, trolls and at least 2 glabrezu's. But out main concern is the dragon."

"I know a way to take care of her," spoke the high-mage in a melodic, yet girlish voice. "I've enchanted arrows that will be fired on her wings. They'll transmute into a magical substance that will stick to her wings and weigh her down, effectively clipping her wings."

"But she'll still be dangerous on the ground, so we'll need to take her out quick," said Anadielle. "I'll form a battalion of archers from all elven groups. Laska, the only ones with experience fighting dragons are your group, myself and several of my bladesingers. We'll band together to take down the dragon quickly."

"And we be choppin' it inta sausage meat! HAR HAR!"

"So, here is the final plan," Anadielle said, shuffling units on the map. "We enter the city from three different directions in the city. Sylvan units Oak, Larch and Pine will secure the three Sylvan quarters and guard the mages so they can start the evacuation of the citizens. Drow units Crossbow and Dagger will join Gold unit Splendour to secure the main roads into the inner city. Archery unit Dragonstrike will clip the dragon's wings and withdraw to the Sylvan quarters and post a guard there. Then, we, that would be Moon unit Dance, will take out the dragon."

"Bold," said Keldorn.

"All this while, the remaining units will reinforce the remaining pockets of resistance. Sylvan unit Elm will head to the astronomy platform, Drow unit Cloak will help out the defenders of Corellon's temple, and yes, everybody, I realize the irony of that. Sylvan unit Willow and Gold unit Glorious will head to the lodge house, which had been set up as a treatment center for the wounded. Once these sites are secure, Drow units Crossbow and Dagger will enter the gold elven section and will join up with moon units Celebration, Festival, Travel and Gold unit Perfection to sweep the streets the clear of monsters and evacuate the innocent caught up in between the fighting. Laska, I want you and your party to act as a quick-response unit, to go and help where you are most needed. After we are done in the inner city, all units join up and advance on the palace. We have no idea what's going on in there, or in the Tree of Life, so we'll have to make that up as we'll go along. That's my plan."

"It could work," Keldorn said. "Providing we do manage to take them by surprise."

"One more thing," Anadielle stressed. "It is imperative that you leave the Glabrezu's for me and my bladesingers or for Laska's party. We have experience fighting such monsters. If you see them, avoid them,"

This last statement was confirmed with nods. "Any questions?"

"Aye," said Korgan. "Why be there so many bloody stinkin' elves 'ere anyway?"

Anadielle sighed. "Any questions that are not mind-numblingly stupid?"

"What about Bodhi?" asked one of the Sylvans.

"We don't know," Anadielle said. "But seeing she apparently has a chip on her shoulder the size of a dragon, I'm sure she headed straight to the palace."

"Yes," Laska spoke up. "She hates Ellesime."

"How do you know that?" Solvalidaas asked.

"I... just... do," Laska blinked.

"Alright, then," Anadielle said. "This meeting is adjourned. You may now brief your respective units and commanders. We attack at dawn two days from now. I'm confident that if we use the element of surprise, we can hit them so hard that they'll never know what hit them and..."

The canvas of the entrance was thrown aside so hard that it might have ripped. Elhan stood at the table in an instant, his eyes boring into Anadielle's skull. "How dare you start this meeting without me! I am the general of the gold elven forces! I demand to be included!"

"You're lucky I'm allowing you to participate in the operation at all," Anadielle said. "You've been undermining my authority since the moment I got here."

"A whimsical moon elf has no business commanding an operation of this magnitude," Elhan bristled. "I'm sure there's a circle of naked priestesses dancing in the moonlight you can guide to victory, but you should leave this to your betters."

Anadielle remained stoic as ever. Solaufein chuckled briefly... undoubtedly he had seen scenes like these unfolding before. He turned to his fellow Drow, speaking only in handsignals.

"What did he say?" Laska whispered in a tone so silent only elves standing next to her could hear.

Viconia whispered back silently. "He said 'Doesn't he remind you of Ardulace?'."

The conversation went unnoticed by Elhan and most of the other elves. "Only gold elves have the prestige and nobility to lead, you all should know that by now!" Elhan continued his spite.

"We are fighting for our families!" It was captain Dhorid that spoke, his gold elven companions staring angrily at Elhan. "For our homes! Elhan, you've lost any and all grip on reality!"

"Ellesime will..."

"Expect some changes when we take back the city," Solvalidaas broke in. "I think Ellesime's glorious rule will be coming to an end one way or another. We Sylvans live here too!"

"You... you all follow her?" Elhan spat. "She who takes council from one as young as Laska? She who allies us with our mortal enemies? This puurae'waara?!"

"What?!" Laska snarled at the insult. Everybody in the room fell silent, waiting for what would happen.

Anadielle strolled calmly towards Elhan, a look of pure murder in her voice. "What did you call me?" Anadielle asked with promises of violence buried underneath her calm tone of voice. It was so intense it caused Elhan to take a step back.

A single, whispered word broke the silence : 'Asshole'. All elves turned towards Imoen, who blushed grimson. "Uhhh," Imoen gulped. "I kinda forgot you elves can hear so much better than humans can."

"No matter, Imoen," Anadielle spoke. "You took the words right out of my mouth."

Elhan said nothing, but turned around and stormed out of the tent.

"Well, that's that then," Anadielle said. "Like I said, this briefing's over. Prepare for war."

One by one everybody left the tent, only Anadielle noticing how shuck up Laska was.

---

Viconia sat working at her desk, writing the latest developments into the party's journal. The large tent she and Imoen had been given was of elvish design, high and comfortable. It was furnished with a writing desk, several trunks and a large, soft bed in the middle.

"Vic, come to bed," Imoen said as she always lay under the covers.

"I thought you were enjoying watching me work," Viconia said and saw Imoen stiffen from the corner of her eyes. "Did you think I did not notice?"

After finishing her sentence, Viconia lay the journal aside, its pages open to let the ink dry. She put her quill back in its holder and screwed the top on the inkwell. She dropped her cloak, removed her belt and sat on the bed to unlace her cloak. Just as she slid off her tunic, she felt Imoen's hand on her shoulder. Viconia stiffened : she knew this would come.

"Uh, Vic," she heard Imoen say. Her voice was rich with nervousness and insecurity. "You know, um, that night... on the road. We, um, you know, kinda started to... you know!"

"If 'you know' is the current euphemism for sex," Viconia half-joked, "then I know."

She didn't need to look to know that Imoen was blushing. She was so inexperienced the mere mention embarrassed her.

"Do you think we kinda, um, you know, um... The tent-zip is locked, Laska's not coming in and, well, um... I care for you, you care for me, so, um... there's really no reason we shouldn't... you know, um..."

"Are you sure?" Viconia asked.

"YES!" shouted Imoen. "Why do you keep asking that?"

"I need to know," was her simple reply.

Imoen sat next to Viconia to look her in the eye and the Drow could see an unusual calmth and clarity in those normally smiling eyes. "You're asking me because you're not sure yourself, aren't you?"

Viconia took a deep breath. "I'm no stranger to the carnal arts. But... what we share is new to me. New and often frightening. But I know I enjoy it nonetheless and I would not want to give it up. But sex is different, unrelated, at least to me. I do not know what will happen."

"What are you afraid of?"

"That everything will change," Viconia said. "Sex can be a weapon. And certainly when one is experienced and one is not, it can be used to gain power over someone. This can happen unwittingly, Imoen and I do not want power over you. I do not quite understand what we share, but I know it will be ruined if I gain power over you in such a fashion. If this is so after we shared passion, I will end our relationship to preserve what is left between us."

"You sure know how to put pressure on a gal, don't you?" Imoen sighed.

"I understand physical pleasure, it's an arena I am familiar and comfortable with. It could also be that, though sharing of passion, I will understand better what we share," Viconia said. "It is a risk. Will you take it?"

Imoen smiled for a moment, her eyes locked with Viconia's for a moment while her hand snaked to Viconia's other shoulder. "I'm a rogue. I know that risks pay off."

Viconia nodded and gently pushed the trembling girl to her back.

---

In the middle of the night, Laska stirred for a moment. She lay being held by Anadielle in her bedroom. As she stirred, so did Anadielle. The older elf nuzzled her for a moment.

"Copper for your thoughts?" asked Anadielle. "You were somewhat disturbed after the briefing."

Laska rolled around in Anadielle's embrace and lay on her side to look her mentor in the eye. Anadielle gently brushed some Laska's loose hair from her eyes.

"It's just that... dammit, elves aren't supposed to be like that!" Laska sighed. "It's... not... what I expected."

"Laska," Anadielle straightened a little. "You grew up among humans, all your knowledge of elves came from books... theories, descriptions, comparisons. I think my teachings weren't all that unbiased either."

"But... Elhan called you... Judged you... Dammit, elves aren't supposed to do that! We're supposed to be better than that!" Frustration was evident in her voice.

"Look," Anadielle sighed. "Elves too have their problems. We're not perfect, even though some people, elven or non-elven, think we are. But, to be fair, you didn't really see the people of Suldenesselar at a good time. War, the siege of the city... Take my word for it, though, elves like Elhan are the exceptions to the rule, even for those stuck up gold elves. There are even evil moonies who reject their elven nature. There are Sylvans that burn the very trees they are supposed to protect. There are elves who can be as bad the Drow, just as there are Drow who can be as good as a great elven hero. We're all individuals, kid."

"Maybe... " Laska sighed. "Maybe I put my own race on a pedestal too much."

"Maybe?!" Anadielle chuckled and kissed Laska's nose. "Kid, you put the elven race on a pedestal so high the pigeons can't even reach it. There's bound to be bitter disappointments if you keep doing that. But things will get better. Laska, I swear to you, when we win this battle, and celebrate our victory, I'll show you the elven race like you've never seen before."

Laska grinned and peeked under the covers for a bit. "I think you already did."

"Hah, bloody, hah," Anadielle snorted. "How about, when this damn war is over, I'll take you to see Evermeet?"

Laska's eyes grew wide. "E-Evermeet? For real?!"

"Evermeet is your heritage too, Laska," Anadielle spoke. "Besides, after what you've told me, you could use a vacation."

Laska responded by hugging Anadielle fiercely, almost crushing her against her own body while kissing her forehead.

"Alright, alright, I need to breathe now," Anadielle joked.

"Sorry," Laska said, and loosened the embrace somewhat. "So... why do the gold elves and moon elves hate each other so much?"

"It's not as if we hate each other," Anadielle said. "Although some of us do, mind you. It's more like a competition. You see, we see life as journey. Now, the gold elves see the path as a straight and rigid line. They're sticklers for perfection and prefer to follow the safe, simpler path. We Moonies and, to a lesser extend, the Aquatics and the Sylvan, see the path as twisting and turning, filled with choices with opportunities in every turn. We Moonies enjoy what life have to offer us, enjoy travel and experiencing many aspects of life. In the end, we all reach the same destination, but who is to say which path is better?"

"I do," Laska smirked. "The Moonie way is better."

Anadielle chuckled. "The brashness of youth. I knew you'd say that."

"Araminthe," Laska said. "What's your lover think of our little 'liasions'?"

"You mean our mentor-student relationship?" Anadielle smirked. "She doesn't mind, she has plenty of liaisons of her own. Doesn't mean we don't love each other deeply, though, but you knew that already. I'm spending the last night before the battle with her alone, though. She's working on the Rhynn Lanthorn all night and, to tell you the turn, even if we weren't waiting for the Drow, I would have postponed the attack to be able to spend that night with her alone."

"Sadly, you'll have to make do with me tonight," Laska grinned.

"What, again?" Anadielle smirked.

"How about," Laska said softly. "We just hold each other?"

"I can live with that."

"Evermeet," Laska whispered and closed her eyes. "I can't wait..."

As soon as Laska had fallen asleep, Anadielle cradled her close to her, and entered the state of reveree.

---

Imoen trailed through the elven encampment, seemingly walking on air. Her eyes were distant, as if she was dreaming away, and one her face was a soft, happy smile that could not be removed by the gods themselves.

Her chest was thrust forward, and she radiated pure confidence and joy. And that is how she made her way towards the food-tent of the camp, strutting along contently as if to say 'You can tell by the way I walk my walk, I'm a sexy gal, no time to talk.'

She smiled contently as she passed Anadielle and waved a greeting before resuming her dreamy state as she strutted along through he camp.

Anadielle and the two bladesingers she was talking to shared a chuckle. "Oh yeah," Anadielle snickered. "She got laid."

---

"Let me guess," Solaufein said as he was eating breakfast in the foot-tent and Laska promptly plopped down in the seat opposite to him. "You want to know about Phaere."

"Is it that obvious?" said Laska.

Solaufein seemed to think it over for a moment. "When this battle is over, we will talk. I do not want you to be... distracted during combat."

Just at that moment, Imoen strutted into the tent, grabbed two plates, loaded it with sandwiches and left again. Solaufein noticed that Laska narrowed her eyes suspiciously as she watched her sister leave the tent again and wondered what was going on.

---

Viconia heard the tent being zipped close and a familiar voice uttering a locking spell on the zipper.

"Vic!" Imoen said as she sped towards Viconia, who was sitting at the dresser grooming herself. "I missed you," she said as she hugged her from behind and diligently started to nibble on Viconia's earlobe.

"Haven't you had enough last night?" Viconia spoke with amusement in her voice.

"Twenty-two years of nothing but romance novels and then twice in one night!" Imoen raved, making little cat-growls as she nuzzled Viconia's neck, burying herself in her white hair. "It was so great," she sighed, dreaming away as she recalled the wonderful memories.

Viconia smirked. "Oh, I had no doubt you'd enjoy it and... I am happy that what I predicted did not come true. Uh, Imoen?" she said when she felt Imoen's hand sliding into the top of her tunic.

"Again!" Imoen giggled, kissing Viconia's neck. "More! And I wanna learn how to make you feel as good as I did last night. I wanna learn everything! MORE!"

"Well, um," Viconia said, unused to not having more control over a situation like this, especially with Imoen's busy hands roaming over her skin. "That would mean some dedication to... techniques, reading body language and adjusting... to... the... situation... IMOEN! Control yourself, please!"

"Make me," Imoen giggled and started to nibble on Viconia's earlobe.

"And practise... plenty of practise..."

"I like the sound of that," Imoen breathed in her ear.

"And control! Never underestimate the aspect of control."

But it was to no avail. It was then that Viconia realized that she had created a monster, someone who'd have to work through twenty-two years of pent up sexuality which had been kindled for years with hideous romance novels. She had opened Pandora's box.

"Well," said Viconia as she was slowly being dragged back to the bed. "Here I was worried I'd be having power over you, but it's abundantly clear that you now have power over me."

"Shut up, kiss me, take me in your arms and make love to me till dawn!"

"It already is dawn!"

"The next dawn, then!"

Viconia steeled herself to the task ahead. It was not as if making love to Imoen had been a chore. And she knew many Drow secrets to basically love her into submission, if she'd feel the need for some peace and quiet later that day. Viconia only hoped that if the novelty wore off, Imoen'd become less demanding.

---

The next dawn, the elves were in position, weapons drawn and ready for the assault. Before them lay the elven city, locked in an eternal stalemate. The bubble shimmed while the high-mages prepared to cast their ritual through the Rhynn Lanthorn to end the spell.

Laska scratched at her ear again. One of the mages had placed a magical gem underneath her earlobe. As with all the unit-leaders, this gem would convey her orders directly from Anadielle or Solvalidaas as the situation developed on the battlefield. Still, Laska wondered if they couldn't had made them just a little more comfortable.

Ipsiya glowed an angry blue in her hands. '*This is it, Laska,*' she whispered softly. '*This is what I was made for : the protection of elves in need.*'

"Let's go kick some ass, then," grinned Laska.

'*Took the words right out of my mouth.*'

"And here I thought you were a lady," Laska smirked.

'*I am. But not today.*'

As the spell finished, and the magical energies were released, Laska shared a look with her friends. A look was all that was needed to convey what was needed to be said.

The magical bubble that had locked the battle in stalemate flickered, then fizzled. Slowly, time regained it's hold over the city's defenders and attackers. And then it came...

'All units!' barked Anadielle though the earpieces. 'Move in!'

Next time, we'll have action-packed battle-scenes and all that. :)

---Weyoun
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#2 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:31 AM

"Oh, go shag an Otyugh. Smell seeks smell, after all."

:) :) :) I guess carrion crawlers do not exactly smell good, either.

"That's Drow being true to their word," Anadielle smiled. "Not only has First Matron Phaere pledged three battalions of Drow warriors to our cause, she arranged a prisoner exchange and sent expert craftsmen to rebuild our sacred temple."

Oh dear... *wipes eyes* I've read a few Underdark chapters (took a peek now and then) and also your and Laufey's "Elves on vacation", so I knew Phaere was an OK girl in your version, but still, the thought of Phaere helping elves causes a tide of unstoppable laughter. :)

Laska thought this girl had to be the lover Anadielle had taken, but she couldn't have been older than 200 years. Her face was narrow, but pleasant and she had the most piercing dark eyes. Her hair was a soft brown and cascaded around her shoulders. Laska caught the look in Anadielle's eye as the two lovers smiled at each other.

You know... (just don't kill me, alright?) I've just realized Aerie is an elf, too, so she doesn't see sex differences, either! So, Aerie could easily have a female lover? Oh dear... *off to write Aerie-Jaheira slash*

"And that is why I relieved Elhan of command," Anadielle said. "He was vocal about his hatred for Drow, and I can see it happening that he will order his soldiers to turn on our Drow allies in the midst of battle. Captain Dhorid is more... pragmatic."

Wise girl, this Anadielle. :)

"All this while, the remaining units will reinforce the remaining pockets of resistance. Sylvan unit Elm will head to the astronomy platform, Drow unit Cloak will help out the defenders of Corellon's temple, and yes, everybody, I realize the irony of that. Sylvan unit Willow and Gold unit Glorious will head to the lodge house, which had been set up as a treatment center for the wounded. Once these sites are secure, Drow units Crossbow and Dagger will enter the gold elven section and will join up with moon units Celebration, Festival, Travel and Gold unit Perfection to sweep the streets the clear of monsters and evacuate the innocent caught up in between the fighting. Laska, I want you and your party to act as a quick-response unit, to go and help where you are most needed.

It sounded to me "we'll be slowly approaching the city, while you will do all the dirty work." :D :D :twisted: :)

"We don't know," Anadielle said. "But seeing she apparently has a chip on her shoulder the size of a dragon, I'm sure she headed straight to the palace."

She's not alone in that, you know. :D

The conversation went unnoticed by Elhan and most of the other elves. "Only gold elves have the prestige and nobility to lead, you all should know that by now!" Elhan continued his spite.

*yawn* Booooring! Boring! Out with his head!

A single, whispered word broke the silence : 'Asshole'. All elves turned towards Imoen, who blushed grimson. "Uhhh," Imoen gulped. "I kinda forgot you elves can hear so much better than humans can."

:)

"If 'you know' is the current euphemism for sex," Viconia half-joked, "then I know."

Heh, in Russia there're lots of euphemisms, too. One of my favourite ones is... let me see... yes: "buy preventatives"="Darling, buy something for tea."

"That everything will change," Viconia said. "Sex can be a weapon. And certainly when one is experienced and one is not, it can be used to gain power over someone. This can happen unwittingly, Imoen and I do not want power over you. I do not quite understand what we share, but I know it will be ruined if I gain power over you in such a fashion. If this is so after we shared passion, I will end our relationship to preserve what is left between us."

Why??? :cry: ;) :D :D

Liked this phrase a lot. :D

In the middle of the night, Laska stirred for a moment. She lay being held by Anadielle in her bedroom. As she stirred, so did Anadielle. The older elf nuzzled her for a moment.

Eh, does Rose know? If not, it could be considered a treachery... an infidelity... um, you know. :)

"It's not as if we hate each other," Anadielle said. "Although some of us do, mind you. It's more like a competition. You see, we see life as journey. Now, the gold elves see the path as a straight and rigid line. They're sticklers for perfection and prefer to follow the safe, simpler path. We Moonies and, to a lesser extend, the Aquatics and the Sylvan, see the path as twisting and turning, filled with choices with opportunities in every turn. We Moonies enjoy what life have to offer us, enjoy travel and experiencing many aspects of life. In the end, we all reach the same destination, but who is to say which path is better?"

I wonder if there's a group of elves who prefer just to sit back and enjoy the sunshine? I'd join.

As soon as Laska had fallen asleep, Anadielle cradled her close to her, and entered the state of reveree.

"Reverie"?

Anadielle and the two bladesingers she was talking to shared a chuckle. "Oh yeah," Anadielle snickered. "She got laid."

:D

"Well, um," Viconia said, unused to not having more control over a situation like this, especially with Imoen's busy hands roaming over her skin. "That would mean some dedication to... techniques, reading body language and adjusting... to... the... situation... IMOEN! Control yourself, please!"

Damn, I should really stop reading your hot chapters at work! :D

"Shut up, kiss me, take me in your arms and make love to me till dawn!"

"It already is dawn!"

"The next dawn, then!"

Viconia steeled herself to the task ahead. It was not as if making love to Imoen had been a chore. And she knew many Drow secrets to basically love her into submission, if she'd feel the need for some peace and quiet later that day. Viconia only hoped that if the novelty wore off, Imoen'd become less demanding.

Hope springs eternal. :D

Next time, we'll have action-packed battle-scenes and all that. :D

"All that" sounds nice. :D

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:23 PM

The Swiftwind was prepared to leave the Athkatlan harbour. The last supplies were brought on board, and captain Viconia was barking orders to Minsc, Korgan and Keldorn as they guided the cargo on the crane into the hold.

Viconia, ordering all the males around – some things just never change. :D

"Well," said Laska. "Adventurer goes to war and leaves girl behind. How horribly cliche, isn't it?"

Awww, I thought this time they could take Rosie with them. :(

Viconia smirked and crossed her arms. "Me thinks thou doth protest too quickly, dwarf."

"I'M GONNA AXE YE!" Korgan roared while Minsc and Keldorn struggled to hold him down.

You know what, I’m suddenly starting to think that a Viconia-Korgan romance would make a helluva lot of sense! :x :D

:( :( :D

I’m glad Phaere hasn’t slid back to her old ways… and I’m glad these elves aren’t too arrogant to accept their help.

Anadielle seems to have a tendencies of robbing the cradle, so to speak… :D But good choice, that mage-chick looks hawt! :D :D

"Two more squads of Drow warriors will be arriving tomorrow evening," Solaufein said. "One squad of city troops, led by Sergeant Imreenice, whom I believe you also know. The other is a group of Ghaunaduar worshippers looking to gain prestige."

As long as they leave their slimes back at home, I’m alright with them…

"Thereby creating confusion. To them, it'll seem as if day has suddenly turned into night," Keldorn said.

"Not only that," said Minsc. "But Boo says that all Vampires will then fit into a single dust-pan! Ahey!"

:D Insta-Sunrise spell, I like that idea.

"It could work," Keldorn said. "Providing we do manage to take them by surprise."

How much damage can an elven army do in a single Surprise Round? :D

"Aye," said Korgan. "Why be there so many bloody stinkin' elves 'ere anyway?"

Anadielle sighed. "Any questions that are not mind-numblingly stupid?"

Don’t expect them from Korgan. :D

Hey, she remembers that! Good! :D

The canvas of the entrance was thrown aside so hard that it might have ripped. Elhan stood at the table in an instant, his eyes boring into Anadielle's skull. "How dare you start this meeting without me! I am the general of the gold elven forces! I demand to be included!"

Hey, Elhan, you’re already back from your latrine cleaning duty?

"We are fighting for our families!" It was captain Dhorid that spoke, his gold elven companions staring angrily at Elhan. "For our homes! Elhan, you've lost any and all grip on reality!"

Was he ever really in touch with reality, one wonders…

"No matter, Imoen," Anadielle spoke. "You took the words right out of my mouth."

heh heh :wink:

"Do you think we kinda, um, you know, um... The tent-zip is locked, Laska's not coming in and, well, um... I care for you, you care for me, so, um... there's really no reason we shouldn't... you know, um..."

Just do it already! :D

Wow, she’s really gone all morbid… guess it’s scary for a Drow, combining sex with love, something she has no experience with.

So where’s Anadielle’s lover? The high-mage-chick. :P

Laska's eyes grew wide. "E-Evermeet? For real?!"

"Evermeet is your heritage too, Laska," Anadielle spoke. "Besides, after what you've told me, you could use a vacation."

Will that become a part of Tnt?

"You mean our mentor-student relationship?" Anadielle smirked. "She doesn't mind, she has plenty of liaisons of her own. Doesn't mean we don't love each other deeply, though, but you knew that already. I'm spending the last night before the battle with her alone, though. She's working on the Rhynn Lanthorn all night and, to tell you the turn, even if we weren't waiting for the Drow, I would have postponed the attack to be able to spend that night with her alone."

Heh, that’s better. :D Hmm, they should all be okay with a threesome, right? Umm, just a suggestion. ;)

Good on her, I guess. Showoff! :P

Just at that moment, Imoen strutted into the tent, grabbed two plates, loaded it with sandwiches and left again. Solaufein noticed that Laska narrowed her eyes suspiciously as she watched her sister leave the tent again and wondered what was going on.

Hmm, now why would Laska feel suspicious over something like that, after missing many so obvious clues…

"Again!" Imoen giggled, kissing Viconia's neck. "More! And I wanna learn how to make you feel as good as I did last night. I wanna learn everything! MORE!"

Maybe they should have postponed this to after the big battle. :D

I think the danger with becoming jaded is more for Viconia, considering her life being a kind of a sex-marathon. ;)

The magical bubble that had locked the battle in stalemate flickered, then fizzled. Slowly, time regained it's hold over the city's defenders and attackers. And then it came...

'All units!' barked Anadielle though the earpieces. 'Move in!'

This should be fun – I only hope you don’t murder too many elves in the process. I suppose you could kill some Goldies. ;)

#4 Laufey

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

"Nonsense," Laska said. "As soon as we kick Bodhi's ass, I'll come and get you. We'll celebrate in Suldenesselar."

I hope so - always assuming Ellesime doesn't cause too many problems.

"OY!" shouted Korgan. "Shut up, ye bloody foul-mouthed stinkin' thrice-be-damned Drow! Me beard be nay scruffy, yet white-'aired 'arlot! I be cuttin' yer ears off and make ye eat 'em! And when they be coming out the other end, I be makin' ye eat 'em again! Bloody, bloody, Drow!"

*whistles* A pirate I was meant to be...

"That is a lie! But it is not a lie that I saw you pick your nose with the tip of your beard a few days past!"

Now that I can *easily* believe. :lol:

"I never thought I was going to say this, Anadielle, but," Solvalidaas offered a sardonic grin. "But the relief supplies from Ust Natha have arrived."

Oh, the irony. :o

Ooooh, nice! 8)

"I know a way to take care of her," spoke the high-mage in a melodic, yet girlish voice. "I've enchanted arrows that will be fired on her wings. They'll transmute into a magical substance that will stick to her wings and weigh her down, effectively clipping her wings."

Very clever, and neatly explains how the dragon battle happens as it does.

"All this while, the remaining units will reinforce the remaining pockets of resistance. Sylvan unit Elm will head to the astronomy platform, Drow unit Cloak will help out the defenders of Corellon's temple, and yes, everybody, I realize the irony of that. Sylvan unit Willow and Gold unit Glorious will head to the lodge house, which had been set up as a treatment center for the wounded. Once these sites are secure, Drow units Crossbow and Dagger will enter the gold elven section and will join up with moon units Celebration, Festival, Travel and Gold unit Perfection to sweep the streets the clear of monsters and evacuate the innocent caught up in between the fighting. Laska, I want you and your party to act as a quick-response unit, to go and help where you are most needed. After we are done in the inner city, all units join up and advance on the palace. We have no idea what's going on in there, or in the Tree of Life, so we'll have to make that up as we'll go along. That's my plan."

Like the way you phrased the battle plan. All those unit names add to the realism.

Oh, here comes the spoilsport...

"Ellesime will..."

I don't think so. :roll:

"You... you all follow her?" Elhan spat. "She who takes council from one as young as Laska? She who allies us with our mortal enemies? This puurae'waara?!"

I don't know what that means, but I'm sure it's nasty.

She didn't need to look to know that Imoen was blushing. She was so inexperienced the mere mention embarrassed her.

Awwww!

Yes, it *could* happen that way I suppose, but I'm sure it won't.

Imoen smiled for a moment, her eyes locked with Viconia's for a moment while her hand snaked to Viconia's other shoulder. "I'm a rogue. I know that risks pay off."

Whee! Finally! :D

"Maybe... " Laska sighed. "Maybe I put my own race on a pedestal too much."

She does, so I think it's actually very good for her to learn differently, and gain a broader perspective.

:lol: And about time.

*grin* You know that alternate universe of mine, where Dekkie winds up with Immy? He's going to be in pretty much an identical situation as Viconia is here, I believe.

Fat chance, I say! :D
Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:09 AM

"Hah?! Me shag an Otyugh? Why would I be settlin' fer yer left-overs?! Probably wore it out too."

;)

For some reason I'm thinking of Fat Bastard and "I'm gonna eat ya! I'm bigger'n you, I'm higher on the food chain!"

:D

He bore the symbol of Eilistraee with pride, as did the other Drow from his group.

Heh heh. Neat. The last Eilistraeeans I got attached to got themselves butchered by some priestesses of Lolth. Damn it. ;) :D

"Perhaps it will start the healing process," Solvalidaas said. "We are tired of war, the constant fighting."

Maybe, but it just seems too... easy, somehow... I mean, really, what are the chances that Drow and surface elves could be anything other than enemies? I mean, in the cases of individuals, sure, but on this scale? I know how you've tried to make the Sylvans more forgiving and tolerant than the Golds and have set up Phaere as "not exactly evil", but this kind of drastic societal change just seems a little contrived. (Shrug)

"But she'll still be dangerous on the ground, so we'll need to take her out quick," said Anadielle. "I'll form a battalion of archers from all elven groups. Laska, the only ones with experience fighting dragons are your group, myself and several of my bladesingers. We'll band together to take down the dragon quickly."

Harlequin: "I know they're experienced dragonslayers and stuff, and I'm not faulting their skills, but c'mon... a good RPG hit to the gut will take down one of those suckers, no problem."

Raven: "I know that, and you know that, but they don't... plus, HE-ordnance is hard to come by in that day and age."

Harlequin: "I guess... just seems like they're making things harder than they need to be. I mean, hell, if they could get a white phos. grenade into the critter's eye, that'd end things right there."

Raven: (Shrug)

Then, we, that would be Moon unit Dance, will take out the dragon.

Not "Moon Unit Zappa?" :lol:

Laska, I want you and your party to act as a quick-response unit, to go and help where you are most needed.

That's actually a bad idea. You don't want Spec-Ops type squads doing mobile defense. Putting out brush fires and having them act as a QRF (Quick-Reaction-Force) is actually a waste of their capabilities. Holding a key hardpoint allows them to entrench, and, if you clear it of any other friendly units, leaves them free to run the engagement their way without having to worry about, say, friendly fire incidents.

Or, if you want them on offense, they're best utilized to attack the most critical location you need taken - so, in this case, they'll be the ones to, for example, secure the temple and then, once they've done that, you can filter in your reinforcements through that route.

Sending them in as the tip of the spear is risky, since it's easy for even an elite unit to get overwhelmed if you use them as the vanguard for the rest of the assault, but if it works, you have your infiltration point nice and cozy, and the rest of your reinforcing units completely fresh, having seen no combat as yet.

Once that's done, best bet would be forward reconaissance and... well, sabotage. Small unit, highly skilled exceedingly mobile, you don't want to waste them taking other locations that can be secured by your regular infantry. Instead, you want them f#$)(@#$ with the enemy however they can. Sabotaging artillery, dusting any supply convoys that come across their path. Better yet, capturing high ranked enemy officers, and the like.

(Shrug)

:cry:

I never thought he was an arrogant jerk... (Shrug)

"I kinda forgot you elves can hear so much better than humans can."

Harlequin: "Kinda tame for an insult."

Raven: "Maybe, but sometimes the one-worders, if properly delivered, will do it."

Harlequin: "I guess. And 'asshole' is usually a good choice."

Raven: "Isn't it, though?"

Her chest was thrust forward, and she radiated pure confidence and joy. And that is how she made her way towards the food-tent of the camp, strutting along contently as if to say 'You can tell by the way I walk my walk, I'm a sexy gal, no time to talk.'

Harlequin: "I'm so proud..."

Raven: ;) "Score one for little sisters, everywhere."

Harlequin: "Damn straight." :?

"Twenty-two years of nothing but romance novels and then twice in one night!" Imoen raved, making little cat-growls as she nuzzled Viconia's neck, burying herself in her white hair. "It was so great," she sighed, dreaming away as she recalled the wonderful memories.

(Chuckle)

(Family Guy sequence)

Meg Griffin: "Wow, Jimmy... that was just like Ladies' Home Journal said it would be..."

Jimmy Fallon: "Great... awesome... heh heh... thanks... um... you know, there was just something..." (Snicker) "something I wanted to tell you... it's just... you make me feel so a- LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!"

(Peter and Lois in the Green Room watching the opening)

Lois: "Oh, my God!"

Peter: "Yeah, that wasn't a very good sketch... a rare miss..."

:twisted: :D

"And control! Never underestimate the aspect of control."

Yoda: "Control, control! You must learn control!" :D

She had opened Pandora's box.

And, incidentally, another box... :shock:

Next time, we'll have action-packed battle-scenes and all that.

Sweet.

#6 Arcalian

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:17 AM

Laska! *jumps for her cleavage, then bounces painfully off her elven chain* Ow.

Yeah, the higher better things of Elves, or any race, or any fiction, grow soiled and weakened with time. This is supposed to make them more "real". But all it does is ruin the dream. Sigh......

That said, it's surprising the Drow "Allies" survived at all, really.

The battle should be awesome!

The Laska Leafwalker Testosterone Brigade's microwave has just died. Razzafrazzin.....
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#7 Weyoun

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:58 AM

Laska! *jumps for her cleavage, then bounces painfully off her elven chain* Ow.

Ouch, that's a nasty welt.

Yeah, the higher better things of Elves, or any race, or any fiction, grow soiled and weakened with time. This is supposed to make them more "real". But all it does is ruin the dream. Sigh......

Oh, not these elves. They'll recover, don't worry.

That said, it's surprising the Drow "Allies" survived at all, really.

Sometimes it's time to bury the hatchett, especially when your city's about to be squashed.

The battle should be awesome!

I hope so. It's just been posted.

The Laska Leafwalker Testosterone Brigade's microwave has just died. Razzafrazzin.....

Crap. Has the brigade budget for a new one?

---

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#8 Weyoun

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:06 AM

:( :) :) I guess carrion crawlers do not exactly smell good, either.

Korgan would be around equal level of smell. :D

Oh dear... *wipes eyes* I've read a few Underdark chapters (took a peek now and then) and also your and Laufey's "Elves on vacation", so I knew Phaere was an OK girl in your version, but still, the thought of Phaere helping elves causes a tide of unstoppable laughter. :)

I understand how silly it might seem to someone who doesn't know about the Tnt-Phaere, but she isn't half bad. A bit of a capitalist, but not all bad. One of the reasons she's sending troops is to secure a trade-agreement. :D

You know... (just don't kill me, alright?) I've just realized Aerie is an elf, too, so she doesn't see sex differences, either! So, Aerie could easily have a female lover? Oh dear... *off to write Aerie-Jaheira slash*

Of course. Elves make sense as a bisexual race where such differences do not have an impact. So, where's that Coran/Kivan slash. :)

Aerie/Jaheira? Jaheira will hang herself from her bedroom room before they have their first anniversary. :D

Wise girl, this Anadielle. :)

She's been around for a long time. :)

It sounded to me "we'll be slowly approaching the city, while you will do all the dirty work." :D :wink: :twisted: :D

Well, it probably will end up that way. :)

She's not alone in that, you know. :D

I look forward to reactions to part 183, then. :D

Heh, in Russia there're lots of euphemisms, too. One of my favourite ones is... let me see... yes: "buy preventatives"="Darling, buy something for tea."

:twisted:

So, uh, that could lead to interesting misinterpretations, especially if you actually want to drink tea.

"I meant COOKIES, dear!" :D

Why??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :)

Vic's as confused as Imoen is. This is all new for her, so she's playing it safe.

Liked this phrase a lot. :D

So did Imoen. :)

Eh, does Rose know? If not, it could be considered a treachery... an infidelity... um, you know. :)

She knows. Anadielle and Laska have a history together.

I wonder if there's a group of elves who prefer just to sit back and enjoy the sunshine? I'd join.

That would be the moonies. Sitting back and enjoying the sunshine would be part of the journey.

Damn, I should really stop reading your hot chapters at work! :twisted:

Uh, sorry about that. :twisted:

Hope springs eternal. :D

Indeed.

Next time, we'll have action-packed battle-scenes and all that. :)

"All that" sounds nice. :(

Hope you'll like it!

---

---

#9 Weyoun

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:16 AM

Viconia, ordering all the males around – some things just never change. :wink:

There can be only one captain. :)

Awww, I thought this time they could take Rosie with them. :(

Nope, not this time. :) But she'll be there in Suldy a bit later.

You know what, I’m suddenly starting to think that a Viconia-Korgan romance would make a helluva lot of sense! :twisted: :D

Well, they already fight like they're married, but elves and dwarves are pretty much like cats and dogs. :)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I’m glad Phaere hasn’t slid back to her old ways… and I’m glad these elves aren’t too arrogant to accept their help.

If Anadielle had not been there, it would have ended in bloodshed.

Anadielle seems to have a tendencies of robbing the cradle, so to speak… :D But good choice, that mage-chick looks hawt! :D :D

Anadielle's got a bit of a sweet-tooth, it seems. :)

As long as they leave their slimes back at home, I’m alright with them…

How much damage can an elven army do in a single Surprise Round? :D

About ice-snake level of damage. :)

Hey, she remembers that! Good! :D

She'll remember more in the end.

Hey, Elhan, you’re already back from your latrine cleaning duty?

:twisted: Cleaning out the orcs and other nasty vermin. :)

Was he ever really in touch with reality, one wonders…

Not very, actually. :D

Just do it already! :)

Chief Wiggum : If it feels good, do it. :)

Wow, she’s really gone all morbid… guess it’s scary for a Drow, combining sex with love, something she has no experience with.

Vic's confused and worried. It's ironic, really. Imoen's comfortable with being love and is nervous about sex and for Vic it's the other way around. :)

So where’s Anadielle’s lover? The high-mage-chick. :)

Working on the Rhynn Lanthorn.

Will that become a part of Tnt?

Uh, you'll see.

Heh, that’s better. :D Hmm, they should all be okay with a threesome, right? Umm, just a suggestion. :D

Okay, get your mind out the gutter, pal. :P :D

Hmm, now why would Laska feel suspicious over something like that, after missing many so obvious clues…

Imoen's practially radiating 'I had sex last night! YAY ME!', so Laska's picking up on some snippets of that. :)

Maybe they should have postponed this to after the big battle. :(

This should be fun – I only hope you don’t murder too many elves in the process. I suppose you could kill some Goldies. :D

I promise that few elves will be harmed in the creation of the next episode.

---

---

#10 Weyoun

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:24 AM

I hope so - always assuming Ellesime doesn't cause too many problems.

She'll be... a complication, yes.

*whistles* A pirate I was meant to be...

Uh, door hinge? :(

Now that I can *easily* believe. :)

Oh, the irony. :)

Yay Phaere. :twisted:

Very clever, and neatly explains how the dragon battle happens as it does.

Thanks! I hope you approve of how I'll handle it.

Like the way you phrased the battle plan. All those unit names add to the realism.

I gave it some thought and I loved the idea of 'subracial' unit nomenclature. It worked lovely.

Oh, here comes the spoilsport...

I don't know what that means, but I'm sure it's nasty.

It's a gold elven insult for moon elves. Bascially, it's the greyish glob of residu that's left after the purification process of gold. Moonies generally don't take too kindly to that.

Awwww!

It's pretty cute, though.

Yes, it *could* happen that way I suppose, but I'm sure it won't.

vic's just as frightened and confused as Imoen is, just about the being in love part.

Whee! Finally! :)

It's about time, huh? :twisted:

She does, so I think it's actually very good for her to learn differently, and gain a broader perspective.

She's going to learn the hard way, though. :twisted:

:twisted: And about time.

*grin* You know that alternate universe of mine, where Dekkie winds up with Immy? He's going to be in pretty much an identical situation as Viconia is here, I believe.

Tnt Viconia : I very much symphathise, Dekaras. Kiss your peaceful nights of quiet sleep goodbye. :wink:

Fat chance, I say! :D

Give Vic some hope. :)

---

---

#11 Weyoun

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:32 AM

For some reason I'm thinking of Fat Bastard and "I'm gonna eat ya! I'm bigger'n you, I'm higher on the food chain!"

Well, I wouldn't exactly call Korgan 'bigger'. :)

Heh heh. Neat. The last Eilistraeeans I got attached to got themselves butchered by some priestesses of Lolth. Damn it. :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe, but it just seems too... easy, somehow... I mean, really, what are the chances that Drow and surface elves could be anything other than enemies? I mean, in the cases of individuals, sure, but on this scale? I know how you've tried to make the Sylvans more forgiving and tolerant than the Golds and have set up Phaere as "not exactly evil", but this kind of drastic societal change just seems a little contrived. (Shrug)

Well, explanation to that part was in the big I cut out. Eilistraeean worshippers generally enjoy some measure of respect from surface elves, so it makes sense Phaere'd send them first to break the ice. And, face it, if they want to save their city, they need all the help they can get and they know it.

Harlequin: "I know they're experienced dragonslayers and stuff, and I'm not faulting their skills, but c'mon... a good RPG hit to the gut will take down one of those suckers, no problem."

Raven: "I know that, and you know that, but they don't... plus, HE-ordnance is hard to come by in that day and age."

Harlequin: "I guess... just seems like they're making things harder than they need to be. I mean, hell, if they could get a white phos. grenade into the critter's eye, that'd end things right there."

Raven: (Shrug)

I had this comment in mind when I was playing Doom 3 yesterday. I saw Laska firing a BFG at the dragon in my mind's eye. :D

Heh, Harlequin would love the BFG, I think. :D

Then, we, that would be Moon unit Dance, will take out the dragon.

Not "Moon Unit Zappa?" :wink:

That would be a bit much. Gold elf Unit Major Tom might have worked, though. :D

That's actually a bad idea. You don't want Spec-Ops type squads doing mobile defense. Putting out brush fires and having them act as a QRF (Quick-Reaction-Force) is actually a waste of their capabilities. Holding a key hardpoint allows them to entrench, and, if you clear it of any other friendly units, leaves them free to run the engagement their way without having to worry about, say, friendly fire incidents.

Or, if you want them on offense, they're best utilized to attack the most critical location you need taken - so, in this case, they'll be the ones to, for example, secure the temple and then, once they've done that, you can filter in your reinforcements through that route.

Sending them in as the tip of the spear is risky, since it's easy for even an elite unit to get overwhelmed if you use them as the vanguard for the rest of the assault, but if it works, you have your infiltration point nice and cozy, and the rest of your reinforcing units completely fresh, having seen no combat as yet.

Once that's done, best bet would be forward reconaissance and... well, sabotage. Small unit, highly skilled exceedingly mobile, you don't want to waste them taking other locations that can be secured by your regular infantry. Instead, you want them f#$)(@#$ with the enemy however they can. Sabotaging artillery, dusting any supply convoys that come across their path. Better yet, capturing high ranked enemy officers, and the like.

(Shrug)

Uhhh... Okay... :twisted:

I never thought he was an arrogant jerk... (Shrug)

I turned him into one. :D

Harlequin: "Kinda tame for an insult."

Raven: "Maybe, but sometimes the one-worders, if properly delivered, will do it."

Harlequin: "I guess. And 'asshole' is usually a good choice."

Raven: "Isn't it, though?"

Glad you approve. :)

Harlequin: "I'm so proud..."

Raven: :) "Score one for little sisters, everywhere."

Harlequin: "Damn straight." :(

Well, it finally happened. :) Score for little sisters indeed. :)

(Chuckle)

(Family Guy sequence)

Meg Griffin: "Wow, Jimmy... that was just like Ladies' Home Journal said it would be..."

Jimmy Fallon: "Great... awesome... heh heh... thanks... um... you know, there was just something..." (Snicker) "something I wanted to tell you... it's just... you make me feel so a- LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!"

(Peter and Lois in the Green Room watching the opening)

Lois: "Oh, my God!"

Peter: "Yeah, that wasn't a very good sketch... a rare miss..."

:twisted: :)

The Family Guy bit that made a lasting impression on me was that horribly yet funny barf-scene. :)

And, incidentally, another box... :twisted:

uh, no comment. :)

Don't tell me box is a euphemism for vagina in the english language as well.

Next time, we'll have action-packed battle-scenes and all that.

Sweet.

I hope you approve.

---

---

#12 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

And, face it, if they want to save their city, they need all the help they can get and they know it.

True, but that's kinda my point. I mean, given the enormous cultural rift between Drow and surface elves, I would imagine that even in this kind of desperate situation, it would be just completely unthinkable to turn to the Drow for help. It just wouldn't compute. (Shrug)

I had this comment in mind when I was playing Doom 3 yesterday.

Any good? I kinda passed over the entire game. I just wasn't all that interested. Figured it was hyped up a little much. (Shrug)

Heh, Harlequin would love the BFG, I think.

Nah. My version's a little more subtle. :twisted:

Not much, mind you, but a little. :twisted:

That would be a bit much. Gold elf Unit Major Tom might have worked, though.

Sounds like a plan. :twisted:

The Family Guy bit that made a lasting impression on me was that horribly yet funny barf-scene.

YES.

I was rolling on the floor when I saw that one...

Brian: "Peter... Peter, I need you to hold my ears-"

Don't tell me box is a euphemism for vagina in the english language as well.

Uhhh... yeah... :twisted:

#13 Arcalian

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:28 AM

A replacement should be available very shortly.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com