Gotham Central VI: In the Line of Duty (Part 6)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:18 AM

Note-Bran:

1. Happy Fourth, for those of you who care. I spent mine in NYC's Central Park... yay! ;)

2. This section wraps up the Mr. Freeze plot arc, but I'm not done yet, so if anyone was worried, don't be. Still more to come. :twisted:

3. Just for the record, the original source material was broken into two plot arcs. The first, GC: In the Line of Duty was two comic issues. That's the arc that's finishing up here. The second arc, entitled "Gotham Central: Motive" was three issues and focused on the case that Driver and Fields were working on when they stumbled into Freeze: the kidnapping of one Bonnie Lewis.

-----

Roof
Gotham Central

“If you don’t mind, Commissioner, I’d like to do this myself…”

Commissioner Akins shook his head and gently ushered Enara away from the enormous spotlight. “I’m afraid I can’t allow that, Detective. The G.C.P.D. cannot officially touch the Bat-Signal, or in any way acknowledge the existence of Batman.”

She frowned at him. “So we’re calling him in to take down Mister Freeze, but we can’t admit he’s real?”

Akins gave a tired, resigned sigh. “It’s a fine line. I know.” He nodded his head to the third party on the precinct rooftop. “Go ahead, Stacy.”

The flip of a single switch sent a yellow-white beam stabbing into the night sky, throwing up a blindingly bright image that could be seen for miles in every direction. The gray clouds that seemed to perpetually inhabit Gotham’s sky were tinged with the red-orange hues of the setting sun, and set upon that stage was a giant yellow circle surrounding the black silhouette of a bat – a shadow that looked darker than even the night itself.

“So you’re okay with this, then?”

“No, Commissioner, I’m not. But I’m a cop in Gotham. I can’t afford to live in denial.” She stared out over the edge of the roof, for a moment, watched as a dozen or so unmarked police vehicles tore out of the garage. Behind them were two vans full of G.C.P.D. Q.R.T., the best equipped and most highly trained officers in the city.

It wouldn’t be enough. Everyone knew it. No one admitted it. No one could afford to.

“I’ve never actually been here for this… how long does it usually take for him to show?”

Akins favored her with a half-smirk. “With him, it’s always sooner than you-”

“Talk.”

-----

Miller Auditorium
Gotham State University

Both shifts of the G.C.P.D. Major Crimes Unit had been called in to investigate the murder of one of their own. Both shifts had spent the better part of the morning and afternoon chasing down every lead, looking into every possibility, in their desperate search to find Victor Fries before he added more names to his already sizable list of victims. Now, with the sun setting over Gotham City, the group of plainclothes detectives had been deployed to Gotham State University. They’d quietly inserted themselves into the ranks of university faculty, staff, students, and excited family members all waiting for the festivities to begin.

There was plenty of… lively… banter on the police band… lively, despite the faint, though noticeable, underpinnings of tension and anxiety hidden beneath the cheerful veneers. “He’s certainly not gonna just walk in the front door with the rest of the crowd,” Detective Romy Chandler commented over her radio.

On patrol outside, Detective Nathaniel Patton voiced a thought he’d been having. “You think Freeze is just going after… you know… him? Or maybe he wants the whole damn room?”

Chandler cracked a joke into her mike. “Well, that’s a comforting thought,” she said. “Keep me warm at night.”

Patton groaned. “That’s very funny, Romy.”

The gruff voice of Lieutenant Oliver Henelly, leader of the QRT forces on station at the university, cut into the conversation. “Henelly to all units. Everyone shut up.”

His request was met with total silence.

“Thank you. All posts, confirm positions. Green Teams?”

“Green One, good. South entrance is secure.”

“Green Two is good. Parking lot is clean.”

“Green Three, we’re good. Backstage is secure.”

“Confirmed. Red Teams?”

“Red One, rooftop is secure.”

“Red Two, subbasement is all clear.”

There was a brief lull in the torrent of status reports. “Red Three?” Henelly called out over the comm. “Report in, Red Three.”

“Sorry, Lieutenant. Just making a final sweep of the ground floor. All side exits are still locked down tight. Rooftop access stairway is empty.”

“Understood, Red Three…” The Lieutenant muttered over the still open communications channel. “No sign of Freeze. Where the hell is he?”

Headed back towards the main floor of the auditorium, Officers Cala and Mlynarski, the two members of Red Three, exited the staircase connecting the roof and the ground floor, and locked it behind them. Neither of the uniformed patrolmen had noticed the slight hint of frost on the banister three floors up.

-----

“… Where the hell is he?”

Up on the roof were two members of the G.C.P.D.’s Quick Reaction Team. Officers Dolan and Vecchione were veteran cops and expert marksmen. Both had previously served in the armed forces, and were well versed in urban combat operations.

Vecchione was on point, leading Red One’s patrol around the rooftop. Dolan was right behind him, his HK-MP5 submachine gun held at the ready, and the clear, plastic face-shield attached to his helmet flipped down to protect his eyes. Light from the nearby streetlamps was causing a bit of glare to form on the officer’s protective face-shield, but he was still able to catch a glimpse of the shadow that looked to be sneaking up behind him. There was a heavy sound, like a metallic footstep, and he whirled around, his finger convulsing on the trigger of his weapon.

He and Vecchione were dead before they could draw another breath.

-----

“Sawyer to all units. They’re starting the ceremony.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the forty-third commencement of Gotham State University. We will begin with remarks from this year’s distinguished guest… a man known to us all as a dedicated public servant. He is this year’s recipient of the J.K Manning Award for service to the community… and has just been conferred an honorary doctorate in the field of Criminology… may I present to you Gotham City’s former commissioner of police…”

“Sawyer to Montoya. See anything?”

“Nothing, Captain… nothing at all.”

The older gentlemen nodded graciously as he took his place behind the podium. He smiled at the abundance of applause. “Thank you…” he began, once the room had settled down some, “thank you very much… I, uh… I’ve been away for a long time, but I have to tell you this is a hell of a way to be welcomed back home. I don’t have much else to say, though, I’m afraid, so you kids are getting off easy. I’m going to be brief.”

The mild joke was met with polite chuckles from the gathered audience.

“It’s a big day for you. Going out after this, you’ll have parties, you’ll celebrate your accomplishments. Well, you should. You’ve earned it. After this, you’re gonna go out in the world and make a difference. Whatever you do, remember that: you’re going to make a difference. A lot of times it won’t be huge, it won’t be visible, even… but it will matter, just the same. Don’t do it for praise or money, that’s what I want to tell you. Do it because it needs to be done. Do it to make your world better…”

Montoya was standing by one of the exits, watching the man who’d been like a second father to her, give his speech. She felt proud, proud to have known him, to have been his protégé, but she was worried about him, too. He’d never quite been the same after the loss of his family, never quite been the same after he’d given up his post as Chief of Police… and now, someone was planning to kill him, and she had no idea where the killer was-

“It’s finished.”

She spun around, almost reaching for the sidearm belted at her hip, but by the time she’d turned fully around, there was nothing to see… just his voice, seemingly coming from all around her. “He’s on the roof. He won’t be a problem.”

-----

Outside
Corner of 9th Street and University Place

“Enara?”

“Yeah, I’m here. No sign of Freeze. In fact, I haven’t seen anyone walking along this entire street in the last half hour.”

“Yeah, I know. Freeze is in custody.”

“I’m sorry, my hearing aid’s on the blink. What?”

“He was on the roof, trying to alter the air conditioning system. Guess he was planning on freezing everyone present. You-Know-Who stopped him.”

Enara ground her teeth together. “Big surprise.” She sighed. “Thanks for telling me, Renee… I uh… I guess I’ll go home now, try and get some rest.”

“You do that…”

There was a brief and awkward pause.

“Renee? What’s wrong?”

“One more thing. We just got an update on the Lewis kidnapping… it’s… it’s a homicide investigation now…”

Enara pounded the heel of her hand against the steering wheel of her car. It hurt. A lot. She didn’t care. “Damn it all to hell…” she said, sagging in her seat and letting her head drop to her chest.

A faint shadow, just barely visible out of the corner of her eye, drew her attention. She looked up and saw a flowing, black cape brush past her car door. The figure’s eyes made contact with her own as he walked by.

“And damn you, too…”

#2 Guest_Wyvern_*

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:50 AM

Commissioner Akins shook his head and gently ushered Enara away from the enormous spotlight. “I’m afraid I can’t allow that, Detective. The G.C.P.D. cannot officially touch the Bat-Signal, or in any way acknowledge the existence of Batman.”

She frowned at him. “So we’re calling him in to take down Mister Freeze, but we can’t admit he’s real?”

Right, the 'urban myth' bit. There's super-powered, spandexed weirdos bouncing around everywhere, alien invasions every couple of years-and yet people are supposed to think a man who dresses like a giant bat can't possible by real. :twisted:

“I’ve never actually been here for this… how long does it usually take for him to show?”

“Talk.”

*snerk* still, you gotta love him, urban myth, or not.

She spun around, almost reaching for the sidearm belted at her hip, but by the time she’d turned fully around, there was nothing to see… just his voice, seemingly coming from all around her. “He’s on the roof. He won’t be a problem.”

Seems almost too easy ...

“One more thing. We just got an update on the Lewis kidnapping… it’s… it’s a homicide investigation now…”

What's worse than a cop killer? That would be a child killer.

#3 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

2. This section wraps up the Mr. Freeze plot arc, but I'm not done yet, so if anyone was worried, don't be. Still more to come. ;)

Eeep. I’m worried regardless. :twisted:

LOL! I wonder what they write in their reports in these cases, if they can’t mention Batman. Mr.Freeze slipped on a banana peel and fell down knocking himself out in the process?

“No, Commissioner, I’m not. But I’m a cop in Gotham. I can’t afford to live in denial.” She stared out over the edge of the roof, for a moment, watched as a dozen or so unmarked police vehicles tore out of the garage. Behind them were two vans full of G.C.P.D. Q.R.T., the best equipped and most highly trained officers in the city.

It wouldn’t be enough. Everyone knew it. No one admitted it. No one could afford to.

Have they done any evacuation or something? I mean, it seems kind of… weird, to bring in more targets that way.

Patton groaned. “That’s very funny, Romy.”

The gruff voice of Lieutenant Oliver Henelly, leader of the QRT forces on station at the university, cut into the conversation. “Henelly to all units. Everyone shut up.”

Hey, I was enjoying that banter! ;)

“Understood, Red Three…” The Lieutenant muttered over the still open communications channel. “No sign of Freeze. Where the hell is he?”

Wouldn’t you be happier if he didn’t show up at all? ;)

Headed back towards the main floor of the auditorium, Officers Cala and Mlynarski, the two members of Red Three, exited the staircase connecting the roof and the ground floor, and locked it behind them. Neither of the uniformed patrolmen had noticed the slight hint of frost on the banister three floors up.

As if they wouldn’t know what to look out for…

Well, that’s two of them already, and I guess Freeze is now inside…

Wow, the bat sure does work quickly. ;)

Must be a bit disappointing for her, after having wanted to take the bastard down on their own… not to even see it happening! ;)

Enara pounded the heel of her hand against the steering wheel of her car. It hurt. A lot. She didn’t care. “Damn it all to hell…” she said, sagging in her seat and letting her head drop to her chest.

Aww, a cop’s job is never done… hopefully the conclusion of this case will feel a bit more rewarding than the Freeze takeout.

#4 Guest_VigaHrolf_*

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:51 PM

1. Happy Fourth, for those of you who care. I spent mine in NYC's Central Park... yay! :wink:

I spent mine watching the local fireworks and then caught the Boston Pops Extravanganza.

“If you don’t mind, Commissioner, I’d like to do this myself…”

Bran: "Ahhh... the sweet smell of bureaucracy. Smells like... stupidity."

Yup. ;D

The flip of a single switch sent a yellow-white beam stabbing into the night sky, throwing up a blindingly bright image that could be seen for miles in every direction. The gray clouds that seemed to perpetually inhabit Gotham’s sky were tinged with the red-orange hues of the setting sun, and set upon that stage was a giant yellow circle surrounding the black silhouette of a bat – a shadow that looked darker than even the night itself.

*cue Batman theme music*

Bran: "Considering the fact that the troops have any morale, yeah, that would pretty much destroy all of it."

He's right behind you!

“Talk.”

See? :roll:

There was plenty of… lively… banter on the police band… lively, despite the faint, though noticeable, underpinnings of tension and anxiety hidden beneath the cheerful veneers. “He’s certainly not gonna just walk in the front door with the rest of the crowd,” Detective Romy Chandler commented over her radio.

Bran: "Radio chatter can be quite entertaining. You should hear some of the stuff that flies about when we're not in EMCON."

On patrol outside, Detective Nathaniel Patton voiced a thought he’d been having. “You think Freeze is just going after… you know… him? Or maybe he wants the whole damn room?”

Chandler cracked a joke into her mike. “Well, that’s a comforting thought,” she said. “Keep me warm at night.”

Oh damn.. Puns. ;) ;)

Newbie Cop: "Yes sir!"

“Thank you. All posts, confirm positions. Green Teams?”

“Green One, good. South entrance is secure.”

“Green Two is good. Parking lot is clean.”

“Green Three, we’re good. Backstage is secure.”

Green Four: "Beer is cold sir. And mighty tasty."

“Confirmed. Red Teams?”

“Red One, rooftop is secure.”

“Red Two, subbasement is all clear.”

There was a brief lull in the torrent of status reports. “Red Three?” Henelly called out over the comm. “Report in, Red Three.”

“Sorry, Lieutenant. Just making a final sweep of the ground floor. All side exits are still locked down tight. Rooftop access stairway is empty.”

Red Four: "It's 4 20 down here sir. OH yeah."

Mr Freeze: *taps Henelly's shoulder*

Whoopsie.... :twisted:

Up on the roof were two members of the G.C.P.D.’s Quick Reaction Team. Officers Dolan and Vecchione were veteran cops and expert marksmen. Both had previously served in the armed forces, and were well versed in urban combat operations.

And are about to become so much dead meat.... :twisted:

Vecchione was on point, leading Red One’s patrol around the rooftop. Dolan was right behind him, his HK-MP5 submachine gun held at the ready, and the clear, plastic face-shield attached to his helmet flipped down to protect his eyes. Light from the nearby streetlamps was causing a bit of glare to form on the officer’s protective face-shield, but he was still able to catch a glimpse of the shadow that looked to be sneaking up behind him. There was a heavy sound, like a metallic footstep, and he whirled around, his finger convulsing on the trigger of his weapon.

He's good...

But not good enough... :twisted:

The older gentlemen nodded graciously as he took his place behind the podium. He smiled at the abundance of applause. “Thank you…” he began, once the room had settled down some, “thank you very much… I, uh… I’ve been away for a long time, but I have to tell you this is a hell of a way to be welcomed back home. I don’t have much else to say, though, I’m afraid, so you kids are getting off easy. I’m going to be brief.”

Thank the heavens! I just wish that the speakers at my graduations had done so.

“It’s a big day for you. Going out after this, you’ll have parties, you’ll celebrate your accomplishments. Well, you should. You’ve earned it. After this, you’re gonna go out in the world and make a difference. Whatever you do, remember that: you’re going to make a difference. A lot of times it won’t be huge, it won’t be visible, even… but it will matter, just the same. Don’t do it for praise or money, that’s what I want to tell you. Do it because it needs to be done. Do it to make your world better…”

Typical stuff. :) But good. :)

Montoya was standing by one of the exits, watching the man who’d been like a second father to her, give his speech. She felt proud, proud to have known him, to have been his protégé, but she was worried about him, too. He’d never quite been the same after the loss of his family, never quite been the same after he’d given up his post as Chief of Police… and now, someone was planning to kill him, and she had no idea where the killer was-

Poor G...

“It’s finished.”

And the Bat does his thing...

“Enara?”

“Yeah, I’m here. No sign of Freeze. In fact, I haven’t seen anyone walking along this entire street in the last half hour.”

The Bat is quite effective, isn't he...

“He was on the roof, trying to alter the air conditioning system. Guess he was planning on freezing everyone present. You-Know-Who stopped him.”

Enara ground her teeth together. “Big surprise.” She sighed. “Thanks for telling me, Renee… I uh… I guess I’ll go home now, try and get some rest.”

Poor Nar...

“Renee? What’s wrong?”

Aw damn. No small victories even...

A faint shadow, just barely visible out of the corner of her eye, drew her attention. She looked up and saw a flowing, black cape brush past her car door. The figure’s eyes made contact with her own as he walked by.

“And damn you, too…”

Poor Nar...

Good stuff Alpha. Can't wait to see how it ends.

VH

#5 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:59 PM

Note-Bran:

2. This section wraps up the Mr. Freeze plot arc, but I'm not done yet, so if anyone was worried, don't be. Still more to come. :)

good...the plotline finish was...not what i expected...

darned departmental policy...

if santa clause was real, every christmas, norad would scramble interceptors...just to make sure... :twisted:

which, considering the crime rate, means the best and toughest swat in the country...

“Talk.”

superb line..because you didn't identify the speaker, the reader feels what enara is feeling...shock and surprise...

unless it was a masque ball...

that's because since he's in charge, he is by far the most nervous person... :twisted:

gee, you'd think that being with the rangers, or the green berets would be basic training to join the gotham police... :twisted:

that's all he has left...the belief that with all the personal losses, in return he's made things just a bit better.. ;)

there's a tendency to expect a major plot point to be climatic, involving a long chase, or a major fight, or something...significant for the freeze subplot to end...but this is better writing...

i mean, this is similar to real life, it's internally consistant, that sometimes, things don't end with a bang, but a whimper...

it's actually more effective, and gives the better sense that the point of view is of an average cop, just doing her duty, and walking the beat...

an average cop will not be involved in a fight between a supervillian and a superhero, except as collateral damage...

oh god...a sicko...why do i suspect the joker is back?

“And damn you, too…”

he's paid premium for his skills and abilities...he operates without backup a lot of the time, and his personal demons are way worse than even yours, enara...

yay!!! more soon!!! :wink: :roll: ;)

#6 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:27 AM

Right, the 'urban myth' bit. There's super-powered, spandexed weirdos bouncing around everywhere, alien invasions every couple of years-and yet people are supposed to think a man who dresses like a giant bat can't possible by real.

:twisted: Tell that to the folks at DC... you're kinda preaching to the choir, here... :twisted: Apparently, though, in one of the more recent story arcs, the world actually gets "proof" that Batman exists when a whole bunch of news cameras get footage of Batman walking out of a school in broad daylight.

*snerk* still, you gotta love him, urban myth, or not.

Definitely. Though he -can- be a right bastard at times... I've been reading the "War Games" trade paperbacks, and he's kinda a jerk in those. I mean, it's understandable, but he's still being a jerk. :twisted:

Seems almost too easy ...

Well, that's kinda the point... for Batman, it's just another collar in a long list of them... just another notch for the old utility belt. But it took the Gotham P.D. practically everything they had, and they still couldn't get it done. They're supposed to feel crappy for not being able to handle this one without Batman's help.

What's worse than a cop killer? That would be a child killer.

Yep. As if this day wasn't already bad enough, now the poor girl's dead... that's the sort of thing that drives you for a good long time.

#7 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:32 AM

Eeep. I’m worried regardless.

Oh? Worried about what, pray tell?

LOL! I wonder what they write in their reports in these cases, if they can’t mention Batman. Mr.Freeze slipped on a banana peel and fell down knocking himself out in the process?

Well, they must come up with something, I'm sure. Exactly what, I don't really know.

Have they done any evacuation or something? I mean, it seems kind of… weird, to bring in more targets that way.

True, but if they evacuate the place, they may cause a panic for one... and for another, it'll tip Freeze off. He'll know they know, and that may cause him to change his plans, and then they won't be able to stop/catch him. Plus, they probably believe there won't be enough time to call off the ceremony, anyway... and given the way things turned out, they would have been right. They never would have gotten those folks away in time.

Hey, I was enjoying that banter!

Unfortunately, amusing as it might have been, it was blocking an important police channel. :twisted:

Wouldn’t you be happier if he didn’t show up at all?

Not entirely. After all, he'd still be at large, and having a supervillain on the loose and not having any idea where he is... that's very bad.

As if they wouldn’t know what to look out for…

They knew, they just missed it... it could happen to anyone...

Wow, the bat sure does work quickly.

Just another of the comic's nods to how good the guy is.

Must be a bit disappointing for her, after having wanted to take the bastard down on their own… not to even see it happening!

Exactly. Freeze may be in custody, but she herself never got any closure out of this... and that's going to haunt her for quite some time.

Aww, a cop’s job is never done… hopefully the conclusion of this case will feel a bit more rewarding than the Freeze takeout.

I think it will be, but you'll just have to wait and see, I suppose. :twisted:

#8 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:44 AM

I spent mine watching the local fireworks and then caught the Boston Pops Extravanganza.

Spiffy. :twisted:

Bran: "Ahhh... the sweet smell of bureaucracy. Smells like... stupidity."

Maybe. Gotham's politicians aren't exactly the most reputable of crowds, but at least they've got a good Top Cop in place. Akins isn't Gordon, but he's still a good guy. He's just got some lousy rules he needs to play under.

He's right behind you!

Actually, he has this fondness of landing right in front of them. One second he's not there, they blink, and suddenly he's staring them down. Totally creepy. :wink:

Radio chatter can be quite entertaining.

Of course it's entertaining. That's the whole point. Unfortunately, then the bad guy gets -his- jollies by killing your buddies while you're busy telling Knock-Knock jokes. :roll:

Oh damn.. Puns.

;)

I kept Romy Chandler pretty much the exact same way she was in the comic... she seems like the kind of character you'd like. Smart, sassy... Irish... :twisted:

And are about to become so much dead meat...

Dead, frozen meat, unfortunately...

Thank the heavens! I just wish that the speakers at my graduations had done so.

Raven: "Just be grateful you never had to listen to him given a talk on ontological empiricism..."

Harlequin: "Gods, what a snoozefest."

Raven: "You said it, sister."

The Bat is quite effective, isn't he...

Yep. And yet even he can't handle everything... the thing is, when Batman fails, some really bad stuff happens. :twisted:

Aw damn. No small victories even...

Not here, not yet...

But I think our boys and girls will get the job done in the end.

#9 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:53 AM

good...the plotline finish was...not what i expected...

Falls flat, huh? No sense of closure? Yeah... that's the point. :twisted:

darned departmental policy...

Well, it's a sound policy, though. The fact that Batman is a vigilante means that the cops wouldn't be all that "lawful" if they endorsed that.

which, considering the crime rate, means the best and toughest swat in the country...

Probably the only ones that could match them (In the DC universe, anyway) would be the Metropolis Special Crimes Unit. These are the guys who back Superman up, basically.

unless it was a masque ball...

Which it's not, of course.

that's because since he's in charge, he is by far the most nervous person...

That, and he also knows what's at stake... knows what the consequences are if Freeze gets to do whatever it was he came to do.

gee, you'd think that being with the rangers, or the green berets would be basic training to join the gotham police...

Not quite, but it certainly helps if you want to join the SWAT team.

that's all he has left...the belief that with all the personal losses, in return he's made things just a bit better..

Yeah... tell you the truth, I think Gorion might have had it worse than Jim Gordon did. In the comics, Gordon lost his wife, and his daughter was paralyzed, but at least she's still alive and, aside from the inability to walk and stuff part, the same old Barbara she always was.

Gorion, on the other hand, lost both his kids, he doesn't have anyone else... :twisted:

i mean, this is similar to real life, it's internally consistant, that sometimes, things don't end with a bang, but a whimper...

Maybe, but I'd still argue that the main point is to just emphasize how demoralized the unit is now, how upset they are that they had to rely on Batman to get the job done. It's going to galvanize their resolve, and especially Enara's in particular. She's going to fight harder, work harder, push herself more than she ever has before.

an average cop will not be involved in a fight between a supervillian and a superhero, except as collateral damage...

Exactly. See Dolan and Vecchione above.

oh god...a sicko...why do i suspect the joker is back?

Well, I'll give you a little hint and tell you that you're going in the wrong direction. Joker doesn't show up until like Issue 12. Right now, we're still on 3... and the entire story arc I'm basing this off of ended at 5. So, no Joker. :twisted:

#10 Laufey

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:14 PM

2. This section wraps up the Mr. Freeze plot arc, but I'm not done yet, so if anyone was worried, don't be. Still more to come. :shock:

We're having a heat wave here, could you ask him to please cool me down just enough? :twisted:

That's politics for you.

“Talk.”

Oooh, I like that. :twisted: I'm a sucker for dramatic entrances, I admit it.

“It’s finished.”

Or dramatic exits!
Rogues do it from behind.

#11 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:24 PM

We're having a heat wave here, could you ask him to please cool me down just enough?

I wouldn't trust Freeze to -not- turn you into a popsicle. He's a little... overzealous at times. :wink:

That's politics for you.

Well, saying "It's just politics..." kinda implies that it's a stupid thing they're doing. But I don't think it is. How can a group claim to be enforcers of law and order when they're clearly supporting something that is blatantly illegal? Sure we can all argue back and forth as to whether Batman is necessary or isn't necessary, but I don't think anyone can seriously argue that he's a law-abiding citizen... and as such, it just becomes one of those things that the GCPD can't admit to, no matter what their feelings on his actions.

I'm a sucker for dramatic entrances, I admit it.

Heh. Seems Bruce Wayne is a sucker for them, too. :shock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com