Photo

Cards Reshuffled 254

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Laufey

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

Finally my Internet connection is working again after being down all day. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to save reading and commenting for tomorrow, since I need to catch a train shortly.

Cards Reshuffled 254 – Portents

Interpreting the signs in the world around us isn’t necessarily an easy task. At times, we may see things clearly enough, and yet lack that crucial bit of information that would have let us understand the meaning of what we see.

Excerpt from ‘Ruminations Of A Master Bard’

“Look, my darling dearest, we’re getting visitors!”

Nalia looked up from the book she was reading, placed a thin leather bookmark inside it, and then closed it. “Neophyte Necromancer” it was called, and she was making quite a lot of progress recently. Certainly she had moved far beyond ‘Necromancy For Dummies’. Why, even this morning she had summoned up a whole host of skeletons in the dungeons, and they were currently quite busy performing an energetic dance in the great hall. Not that she needed them to do so, but it was a matter of perfecting her control over them.

Now, she leaned back against the chest of her darling mate, entwined her fingers in his soft, brown hair, and kissed his tattooed face. “What does it matter, Xzar, my darling, as long as we have each other?” she asked. “Anyway, how do you know?”

The necromancer’s eyes lit up, and he started kissing his way energetically up her pale arm, her black sleeve sliding back as he did so. “Saw them…” * kiss * “In the mirror…” * kiss * “…coming up the road…” * kiss * “…to visit us. The rabbits haven’t stopped them…” * kiss * “…and the dancing green goblins in the kitchen want to put on a feast.” * kiss * “Shall we serve them some nice liver, with chianti and some fava beans, my dulcimer darling?”

“But we couldn’t possibly,” Nalia protested. “Isaea must have rotted weeks ago, we wouldn’t want them to fall ill. Unless they’re nasty, uncultured peasants, of course.” She turned and looked into the mirror that Xzar was pointing at, a new one that he had acquired only recently. In it, she could see a clear vision of the road leading up to the Keep, complete with the poisoned thorns and wailing wraiths. A small group of people were walking along it, and she recognized them clearly. “Oh Xzar!” she happily exclaimed. “It’s our dear friends, after such a long time! And look, they’ve brought somebody else along with them, I don’t recognize him.”

“He’s not a rabbit dealer is he? If he is, I’ll ask Monty to bring out the flaming pitch.”

“I don’t think so. Actually, he looks more like a…”

-*-

“…ranger?” Jan asked. “I mean, think of it, you could have been a mage and all, right?”

“I. Do not. Want. To be. A mage.” Valygar said, between clenched teeth. The disgusted look on his face suggested that Jan might as well have asked him why he didn’t want to become a male prostitute.

Edwin shook his head, trying his best to ignore the gnome’s ramblings. For some reason that he couldn’t quite pinpoint he was feeling edgy and uneasy, and it had nothing to do with paying a visit to Xzar and Nalia’s insane household. He fussed with the amulet hanging around his throat, trying to adjust it. It felt cold to the touch, freezing cold, and it usually never did that.

“Well, well,” Jan was saying, “if you want to be way. You know, Val, being this gloomy usually comes from having some sort of deep, emotional trauma in your past. Tell you what, just relax, lean back, and tell me all about your mother.”

For a few seconds, Valygar’s face went very still, and although his voice remained perfectly level it gave the impression that he was only just holding back a snarl. “My mother, is it? You want to know about her? I’ll tell you about my mother. She fell to our family curse young, toying with magic, sinking half our fortune into ancient texts and scrolls. She was obsessed with it. Even my father could barely drag her away from her studies. She practically ignored me from the day I was born.”

“Aw,” Minsc said, patting the dark-skinned ranger on the arm, “That is not right. Little babies shouldn’t be ignored, they should be cuddled and played with, just like soft and furry hamster babies are.”

“She didn't regret her neglect until after my father died,” Valygar went on, his attention firmly fixed on Jan. “She became so anguished she reanimated him, and went insane trying to lavish attention on his zombie.”

What a preposterous idea, Edwin thought. If she wanted an undead lover, a zombie would be far too squelchy. Now a skeleton on the other hand, that holds some potential…

“Er…” Jan said.

“Ultimately she entered undeath to join him, and I was forced to destroy them both lest they do more harm. I was crying as I did so.” If looks had been enough to kill, Jan would have been a small pile of shriveled dead flesh by now. “Satisfied, gnome? Or did you want to know something else about my mother?”

“Um…no,” Jan said, and he was actually squirming a little. “I think that’s enough, thanks.”

“Good. Perhaps we can discuss where we are going? I believe something was mentioned about staying with friends?”

“Finally we will be able to sleep in proper quarters, rather than under the stars or in some rattrap inn,” Edwin muttered. “It is no more than I deserve, after all.” And need. What is it that is bothering me so much?

Zaerini winced a little, nervously fiddling with a strand of her hair. “Er..:Valygar? Those friends I mentioned…well, there’s something you ought to know. I know you won’t like it, but it really is the safest place to stop before we get to Athkatla, and there’s no way we’ll reach Athkatla until tomorrow sometime, so…”

Valygar frowned. “You are babbling.”

“Well, see…they’re…not bad people as such. At least not totally. I mean, at least I think you’ll like Nalia, she’s nice and all, and you won’t have to chat too much with the others if you don’t want to, I’m sure…”

“What is wrong with them?” Valygar asked, not letting the half-elf avoid his gaze.

“Um…they’re sort of…well, necromancers, actually. Well, not Montaron, he’s…just kind of unpleasant in general. And then there’s Abduh, but he’s better seen than described, really. And, well, I understand that you’d dislike necromancers especially, what with your parents and all that, which I’m really very sorry to hear about. Only, if we’re going to visit them, you can’t attack them, get it?”

“Necromancers.”

“Um…yes. And then there’s Abduh, their…er…butler.”

Valygar’s eyes narrowed. “Yes?”

“Abduh is…well, he’s vitally challenged, so to speak.”

“Dead?”

“Sort of. Undead, actually.” Zaerini closed here eyes, and took a deep breath. “He’s a zombie.”

By now, a small muscle along Valygar’s jaw was twitching. “You want me to stay the night at a castle inhabited by two necromancers and their zombie butler?”

“It is the most convenient place to stop between here and Athkatla,” Jaheira reminded him. The druid had been rather quiet since the encounter with Dermin, but her voice sounded as firm as ever.

“I can stay in the woods.”

“And suppose the Cowled Wizards track you down?”

“Then they will kill him,” Edwin waspishly said, “and good riddance too.” Once again, he ran his fingertips across his amulet. Still icy cold, and as he pulled it out to examine it, it looked very dark, far more so than he was used to seeing it. Something is wrong, but what?

“Then I will at least be spared any more corrupt mages and their monstrous undead creations,” Valygar retorted, glaring at the wizard. “I want nothing to do with any undead creatures, now or in the future, I would rather…” Here, he broke off, and looked downwards, then winced. Mazzy’s hand was sitting on his boot, tugging at his trouser leg, and it was hunched in upon itself in a way that was positively mournful. “Oh. No, I meant…”

The hand shivered, and slowly ambled off, dragging itself along on its fingertips. Valygar hurried after it, speaking in a quiet voice. “No, no, some undead creatures can be tolerated, of course…yes, I really mean that. Yes, I do, I’m not saying it just to not hurt your feelings. Of course I can prove it.” He turned towards the others, and sighed. “I will come. But do not expect me to do small talk.”

“You…can understand what it is saying?” Anomen asked, looking a little wide eyed.

“Yes. It’s not so different from reading the body language of an animal, really. All this hand needs is a little kindness, I’m sure.” Mazzy’s hand now leapt into the air a few times, raced in a circle around Valygar’s feet and leapt into the air, clinging to the ranger’s leg again, although to the upper portion of it this time. Valygar’s eyes widened, and he carefully dislodged the hand, setting it down on the ground.

“Perhaps not that much kindness though,” Jaheira suggested. “Or you may find yourself with a hand for a permanent lifemate.”

“He should be used to that,” Edwin muttered. “I’m sure he is by far more intimately familiar with the Lady Palm and her five daughters than with any actual female. After all, what woman with self respect would put up with the smell?”

“At least I don’t smell of perfume,” Valygar blandly remarked.

“This is a manly cologne, you blabbering imbecile! Not perfume!”

“Edwin…” Zaerini said, and there was a clear hint of warning in her voice. “Not now, please.” She rubbed her hands briskly together. “Right, if everything’s settled now, let’s head for Keep De’Arnise. And I hope they’ve got something nice for dinner, I’m starving…”

Edwin didn’t reply. He trailed along after the rest of the party, deeply in thought, trying to cope with the gnawing sense of wrongness deep inside his belly.

Boss? Insufferable asked, his little face scrunched up with worry. What’s wrong?

I…I don’t know, Suffy. But whatever it is, I don’t like it.
He sighed quietly. I wish that Teacher Dekaras were here, so I could ask him. He had my amulet commissioned, he would know.

Against his skin, the smooth dark stone of the amulet burned with freezing cold.

Next: Back to Dekaras - who is entirely at Aerie's non-existant mercy.
Rogues do it from behind.

#2 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

Finally my Internet connection is working again after being down all day. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to save reading and commenting for tomorrow, since I need to catch a train shortly.

Aww! Thank you very much for taking time to post it! :D

Interpreting the signs in the world around us isn’t necessarily an easy task. At times, we may see things clearly enough, and yet lack that crucial bit of information that would have let us understand the meaning of what we see.

Was it a reference to Edwin's amulet?

Nalia looked up from the book she was reading, placed a thin leather bookmark inside it, and then closed it.

It was *human* leather, wasn't it? :wink: (*whisper*: Isaea leather? :( )

The necromancer’s eyes lit up, and he started kissing his way energetically up her pale arm, her black sleeve sliding back as he did so. “Saw them…” * kiss * “In the mirror…” * kiss * “…coming up the road…” * kiss * “…to visit us. The rabbits haven’t stopped them…” * kiss * “…and the dancing green goblins in the kitchen want to put on a feast.” * kiss * “Shall we serve them some nice liver, with chianti and some fava beans, my dulcimer darling?”

Awww... :) Though the words "kiss" did not work for me, here, but it's probably just different tastes. :P

“But we couldn’t possibly,” Nalia protested. “Isaea must have rotted weeks ago, we wouldn’t want them to fall ill. Unless they’re nasty, uncultured peasants, of course.”

LOL! Social standards changing, I see!

“I. Do not. Want. To be. A mage.” Valygar said, between clenched teeth. The disgusted look on his face suggested that Jan might as well have asked him why he didn’t want to become a male prostitute.

Oh! That reminded me of a story! Your story: :D

Odesseiron,

I would not normally ask advice of the likes of you, but in desperate times one sometimes have to seek desperate measures.

Because of a family curse, I have spent the most part of my life without the pleasure of female company, and I imagined that this would continue for the rest of my life. However, a few months ago I meet a woman that finally managed to persuade me otherwise (especially after she killed an old relative of mine who caused a lot of trouble).

Our problem is that every time we try to have a conversation concerning romantic issues, or even simply touch each other, we find that it is impossible. In fact, every time I open my mouth, it seems the only thing I can talk about is how much I dislike magic. As you may imagine, this is extremely frustrating.

Is there any known way to deal with this problem, or are we doomed to stay apart forever?

- Brooding Nature Lover

Dear Gibbering Nature Lunatic!

Dislike of magic? And this is the only thing you can talk about? Yes, you are doomed. Any woman of taste naturally adores a skilled mage (such as myself) above anything, but to declare yourself as a mage-hater...you might as well start wearing a combination of suspenders, short-pants and high-heels.

What you should attempt is classical phobia therapy. Start out slow by spending time reading spell scrolls and magical literature, perhaps admiring a magical artifact or two. Soon, you might be able to move on to actually speaking to a mage without spitting, cursing and threatening. In time, given enough practise, you may even be fortunate enough to acquire the ability to cast a modest spell or two yourself, thus being able to impress the woman and sparing yourself a life of celibacy. Though I would doubt that, given your childish handwriting, which tells me that you might as well keep on rolling about in the dirt and sticking twigs in your hair with the other monkeys.

Edwin Odesseiron, Prober of Inferior Minds

“Well, well,” Jan was saying, “if you want to be way. You know, Val, being this gloomy usually comes from having some sort of deep, emotional trauma in your past. Tell you what, just relax, lean back, and tell me all about your mother.”

Imoen and Jan. :roll: With their lack of tact and manners. *sigh* One could write hundreds of Jan-bashing and Imoen-bashing stories on game dialogue alone. *grumble*

Jan: You know, that reminds me of a story...

*GROAN*

“Aw,” Minsc said, patting the dark-skinned ranger on the arm, “That is not right. Little babies shouldn’t be ignored, they should be cuddled and played with, just like soft and furry hamster babies are.”

Soft and furry... right... *goes slightly green with nausea*

What a preposterous idea, Edwin thought. If she wanted an undead lover, a zombie would be far too squelchy. Now a skeleton on the other hand, that holds some potential…

Yes, Edwin, but how would she "feel his hardness within her"? It's a skeleton, right? He doesn't have *this* part of the body? :wink: :) :) Or does he? :D

“Ultimately she entered undeath to join him, and I was forced to destroy them both lest they do more harm. I was crying as I did so.” If looks had been enough to kill, Jan would have been a small pile of shriveled dead flesh by now. “Satisfied, gnome? Or did you want to know something else about my mother?”

Valygar’s eyes narrowed. “Yes?”

Hey, I know, it's a Pratchett reference! *skips up and down* May I have a cookie?

“Then I will at least be spared any more corrupt mages and their monstrous undead creations,” Valygar retorted, glaring at the wizard. “I want nothing to do with any undead creatures, now or in the future, I would rather…” Here, he broke off, and looked downwards, then winced. Mazzy’s hand was sitting on his boot, tugging at his trouser leg, and it was hunched in upon itself in a way that was positively mournful. “Oh. No, I meant…”

Awwww! Maaaalenki... (means "little one") *looks at the hand with adoration*

The hand shivered, and slowly ambled off, dragging itself along on its fingertips. Valygar hurried after it, speaking in a quiet voice. “No, no, some undead creatures can be tolerated, of course…yes, I really mean that. Yes, I do, I’m not saying it just to not hurt your feelings. Of course I can prove it.” He turned towards the others, and sighed. “I will come. But do not expect me to do small talk.”

*hugs, hugs, hugs both between fits of laughter*

“Yes. It’s not so different from reading the body language of an animal, really. All this hand needs is a little kindness, I’m sure.” Mazzy’s hand now leapt into the air a few times, raced in a circle around Valygar’s feet and leapt into the air, clinging to the ranger’s leg again, although to the upper portion of it this time. Valygar’s eyes widened, and he carefully dislodged the hand, setting it down on the ground.

ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Mazzy's hand alone makes me adore the chapter :D )

“He should be used to that,” Edwin muttered. “I’m sure he is by far more intimately familiar with the Lady Palm and her five daughters than with any actual female. After all, what woman with self respect would put up with the smell?”

*wince* Really, Edwin. That offends even *my* taste, and that's saying something. :P

*nods emphatically; after travelling in elevators and underground trains with heavily-scented ladies, I'd rather have dirt*

“Edwin…” Zaerini said, and there was a clear hint of warning in her voice. “Not now, please.” She rubbed her hands briskly together. “Right, if everything’s settled now, let’s head for Keep De’Arnise. And I hope they’ve got something nice for dinner, I’m starving…”

*smirk* She reminded me of Elvira, here. :wink:

YAY !!! :D :D :D :D :D (and naked Dekaras, too! :D )

Er... *squirms uncomfortably* I mean, Dekkie won't die and all that, and I'd love to see more of Aerie. *flutters her eyelashes innocently*

#3 Arcalian

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

*pets the kitty*

Heya. Yikes, Valygar ain't gonna be happy with this visitation, is he? And I think we know where the hand is gonna end up.

Is the penny about to drop where Dekaras is concerned?

And how, exactly ARE you going to keep Valygar and Edwin from trying to kill eachother? Valygar doesn't exactly have Minsc's easy going nature.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#4 Guest_RickTaylor_*

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

Hello, Laufey!

My reading time is very small these days, but I’m glad to see another chapter of the cards.

Nalia looked up from the book she was reading, placed a thin leather bookmark inside it, and then closed it. “Neophyte Necromancer” it was called, and she was making quite a lot of progress recently. Certainly she had moved far beyond ‘Necromancy For Dummies’. Why, even this morning she had summoned up a whole host of skeletons in the dungeons, and they were currently quite busy performing an energetic dance in the great hall. Not that she needed them to do so, but it was a matter of perfecting her control over them.

Ermmmm, coming right along I see.

I think I can guess what the party is going to do with the hand now.

Now, she leaned back against the chest of her darling mate, entwined her fingers in his soft, brown hair, and kissed his tattooed face. “What does it matter, Xzar, my darling, as long as we have each other?” she asked. “Anyway, how do you know?”

:twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

“But we couldn’t possibly,” Nalia protested. “Isaea must have rotted weeks ago, we wouldn’t want them to fall ill. Unless they’re nasty, uncultured peasants, of course.”

I see Nalia is pretty far gone.

She turned and looked into the mirror that Xzar was pointing at, a new one that he had acquired only recently. In it, she could see a clear vision of the road leading up to the Keep, complete with the poisoned thorns and wailing wraiths. A small group of people were walking along it, and she recognized them clearly. “Oh Xzar!” she happily exclaimed. “It’s our dear friends, after such a long time! And look, they’ve brought somebody else along with them, I don’t recognize him.”

:shock: Poor Valygar! If he thought his current party was strange, well...

“…ranger?” Jan asked. “I mean, think of it, you could have been a mage and all, right?”

I see Jan has already discovered all of Valygar’s buttons.

I suspect Valygar would much prefer to be a male prositute.

Edwin shook his head, trying his best to ignore the gnome’s ramblings. For some reason that he couldn’t quite pinpoint he was feeling edgy and uneasy, and it had nothing to do with paying a visit to Xzar and Nalia’s insane household. He fussed with the amulet hanging around his throat, trying to adjust it. It felt cold to the touch, freezing cold, and it usually never did that.

Uh oh. I guess Aerie must have caught Dekaras right about now.

“Well, well,” Jan was saying, “if you want to be way. You know, Val, being this gloomy usually comes from having some sort of deep, emotional trauma in your past.

Ummmm, no. Being this gloomy comes from being with a demented gnome who will not leave him alone.

For a few seconds, Valygar’s face went very still, and although his voice remained perfectly level it gave the impression that he was only just holding back a snarl. “My mother, is it? You want to know about her? I’ll tell you about my mother. She fell to our family curse young, toying with magic, sinking half our fortune into ancient texts and scrolls. She was obsessed with it. Even my father could barely drag her away from her studies. She practically ignored me from the day I was born.”

Eep! Ummm, so, Valygar’s not fond of magic I take it?

“She didn't regret her neglect until after my father died,” Valygar went on, his attention firmly fixed on Jan. “She became so anguished she reanimated him, and went insane trying to lavish attention on his zombie.”

Heh. I can see Valygar will get along with Nalia and Xar just swimmingly. (gulp!)

I don’t care for the idea of either one, thank you.

“Er…” Jan said.

Jan is speechless? Wow...

“Um…no,” Jan said, and he was actually squirming a little. “I think that’s enough, thanks.”

(*looks respectfully at Valygar*) There’s not many who could do that to Jan.

“Good. Perhaps we can discuss where we are going? I believe something was mentioned about staying with friends?”

:shock: Uh oh.

“Finally we will be able to sleep in proper quarters, rather than under the stars or in some rattrap inn,” Edwin muttered. “It is no more than I deserve, after all.” And need. What is it that is bothering me so much?

:roll:

Zaerini winced a little, nervously fiddling with a strand of her hair. “Er..:Valygar? Those friends I mentioned…well, there’s something you ought to know.

:shock: Ummmm, Zaerini? Maybe you should’a mentioned this a little earlier? Well, better late than never, I guess.

I know you won’t like it, but it really is the safest place to stop before we get to Athkatla, and there’s no way we’ll reach Athkatla until tomorrow sometime, so…”

:wink: Better just get straight to the point, then.

“Well, see…they’re…not bad people as such. At least not totally. I mean, at least I think you’ll like Nalia, she’s nice and all, and you won’t have to chat too much with the others if you don’t want to, I’m sure…”

To the point, Rini. Valygar appreciates directness.

“What is wrong with them?” Valygar asked, not letting the half-elf avoid his gaze.

“Um…they’re sort of…well, necromancers, actually. Well, not Montaron, he’s…just kind of unpleasant in general. And then there’s Abduh, but he’s better seen than described, really. And, well, I understand that you’d dislike necromancers especially, what with your parents and all that, which I’m really very sorry to hear about. Only, if we’re going to visit them, you can’t attack them, get it?”

“Necromancers.”

:wink: Well, that’s not so bad, is it?

“Um…yes. And then there’s Abduh, their…er…butler.”

You rang?

“Dead?”

:wink: Valygar’s quick.

“Sort of. Undead, actually.” Zaerini closed here eyes, and took a deep breath. “He’s a zombie.”

By now, a small muscle along Valygar’s jaw was twitching. “You want me to stay the night at a castle inhabited by two necromancers and their zombie butler?”

And the manic halfling assassin, yes.

“It is the most convenient place to stop between here and Athkatla,” Jaheira reminded him. The druid had been rather quiet since the encounter with Dermin, but her voice sounded as firm as ever.

Jaheira approves of this idea?!?

“Then they will kill him,” Edwin waspishly said, “and good riddance too.” Once again, he ran his fingertips across his amulet. Still icy cold, and as he pulled it out to examine it, it looked very dark, far more so than he was used to seeing it. Something is wrong, but what?

It seems Edwin’s fears are making him even more obnoxious than usual.

Awwwwwwwww.... You’ve hurt its feelings!

Ummmm, Valygar? You don’t do small talk anyway.

“You…can understand what it is saying?” Anomen asked, looking a little wide eyed.

“Yes. It’s not so different from reading the body language of an animal, really. All this hand needs is a little kindness, I’m sure.”

:twisted: :twisted: :shock:

Mazzy’s hand now leapt into the air a few times, raced in a circle around Valygar’s feet and leapt into the air, clinging to the ranger’s leg again, although to the upper portion of it this time. Valygar’s eyes widened, and he carefully dislodged the hand, setting it down on the ground.

Oh....... my......God!..... :roll:

“Perhaps not that much kindness though,” Jaheira suggested. “Or you may find yourself with a hand for a permanent lifemate.”

AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!! Jaheira, please...

Yuck! Zaerini, could you reign Edwin in.... please? I understand he's upset because of the amulet, but still...

:wink: Of course Valygar is no pushover.

“Edwin…” Zaerini said, and there was a clear hint of warning in her voice. “Not now, please.”

Thanks, Rini!

She rubbed her hands briskly together. “Right, if everything’s settled now, let’s head for Keep De’Arnise. And I hope they’ve got something nice for dinner, I’m starving…”

Ummm, I think I’d set up camp and eat before I got there, if I were you...

Edwin didn’t reply. He trailed along after the rest of the party, deeply in thought, trying to cope with the gnawing sense of wrongness deep inside his belly.

Boss? Insufferable asked, his little face scrunched up with worry. What’s wrong?

He sighed quietly. I wish that Teacher Dekaras were here, so I could ask him. He had my amulet commissioned, he would know.

Against his skin, the smooth dark stone of the amulet burned with freezing cold.

:roll: Brrrrrrr.

(*gulp!*)

Good story!

--Rick Taylor

#5 Guest_Theodur_*

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:07 PM

Hello there, Gomez dear! :twisted:

Nalia looked up from the book she was reading, placed a thin leather bookmark inside it, and then closed it. “Neophyte Necromancer” it was called, and she was making quite a lot of progress recently. Certainly she had moved far beyond ‘Necromancy For Dummies’.

I bet she doesn’t want anyone to see those books, puts a certain cramp in her style. :twisted:

You know, I wonder what do *they* think about their… eccentric landlords! :shock:

I think he might prefer that, actually. :twisted:

Zigmund Jansen? :shock:

You know, Jan as a psychotherapist just has such immense comedy potential. :shock:

Considering that skeleton has some rather important ‘bone’ missing, you would think that Edwin has forgotten about the practical aspects of having a lover. :shock: :shock:

Don’t you just love that banter in the game? I know I do. :wink:

You know, they don’t have a terribly good resume… necromancers, (ex)-Zhents… I can see Jaheira being rather irked with them too, but thankfully she knows that they are quite harmless.

“Necromancers.”

See, he loves them already. :wink:

:twisted: Hadn’t heard that one before! LOL!

Well… they hadn’t tracked him down in Umar Hills, so one would imagine it’s not more likely they would track him in these woods.

Aww, see, the hand *is* useful! :wink:

:twisted: Ewwww! Cut it out, Jaheira!

LOL! Umm, though on second thought… it seems a bit… base for Edwin to say something like that, no?

I think that in Forgotten Realms, it probably wouldn’t be called ‘cologne’, given that the origins of the name are connected with a city in Germany. :wink:

Err, you’re counting on necromancers to have something *nice* for dinner? :twisted:

:roll: :roll:

I…I don’t know, Suffy. But whatever it is, I don’t like it. He sighed quietly. I wish that Teacher Dekaras were here, so I could ask him. He had my amulet commissioned, he would know.

I think that Teacher Dekaras is all… tied up, right now. :shock:

*gulp* Loviatan priestess at work… it would sound odd if I’d said that I look forward to seeing that. :shock:

#6 Guest_Userunfriendly_*

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:01 AM

:wink:

or your scribe likes to torture you by withholding that crucial clue.. :twisted:

I suppose next on the reading list is "Necrominicon, abridged version"?

the inevitable liver jokes...actually prefer liver wrapped in bacon...yum...yum... :P

“But we couldn’t possibly,” Nalia protested. “Isaea must have rotted weeks ago, we wouldn’t want them to fall ill. Unless they’re nasty, uncultured peasants, of course.” She turned and looked into the mirror that Xzar was pointing at, a new one that he had acquired only recently. In it, she could see a clear vision of the road leading up to the Keep, complete with the poisoned thorns and wailing wraiths. A small group of people were walking along it, and she recognized them clearly. “Oh Xzar!” she happily exclaimed. “It’s our dear friends, after such a long time! And look, they’ve brought somebody else along with them, I don’t recognize him.”

:shock: :shock: :shock: ever been to one of those gyro places? where they have this rotisserie of beef hanging in the oven, and they slice pieces off to make gyros for you...i got this image of Isaea spinning around in this rotisserie... :shock:

jan: oh come on, val, think of the perks...you don't have to get up before noon, you got lots of free time in the day, you have sex all the time, and you get to wear those skimpy costumes!

:twisted:

:cry:

sigmund Jansen: you know, sometimes a turnip is just a turnip.. :P

Kulyok is right..that is rather disturbing..

and bits tend to fall off... :shock: :shock: :shock:

they're really nice people, actually...

He's creepy and he's kooky,
And Monty's short and spooky,
And Nally's not altogether Ook-ay, (this line changed from original) :twisted:
The Xzar's Family.

His obession's to create a golem.
Cause zombies are beginning to bore him.
Zombie heads wobble when you bowl-em,
The Xzar's Family.

Neat

Sweet

Petite

So if you want a custom zombie,
and you don't want to order from Abercrombie's,
Just avoid mentioning the BUNNIES,
while you're with Xzar's Family.

from latin, vitae means "life"

for example, lignum vitae means "tree of life"

actually, they're really nice people... :twisted: :roll:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:roll: :roll: :roll: so that's why you made mazzy's hand undead... :twisted:

oh laufey, you're so evil.. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: (i guess its funnier for guys...) :lol:

hope you like liver... :twisted:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

this is going to be bad...why do i get this feeling that somehow she's going to worm out the truth of edwin's parentage from him...hmmm?
YAY!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

#7 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:59 AM

since I need to catch a train shortly.

Is it "the Midnight Train going anywhere?" :)

;)

I'm scared.

“Isaea must have rotted weeks ago, we wouldn’t want them to fall ill. Unless they’re nasty, uncultured peasants, of course.”

That's just... vile...

Ewwwwww.

Say hello to the next Deuce Bigalow... :D

if you want to be way. You know, Val, being this gloomy usually comes from having some sort of deep, emotional trauma in your past.

Stewie Griffin: "Clearly, your behavior is caused by some manner of deep-seated inner pain, meaning that the only way to resolve your problems, is with a healthy dose of OUTER PAIN!"

Well, not Montaron, he’s…just kind of unpleasant in general.

And the fact that whenever I hear him talk, I hear LeChuck... that just doesn't help.

Well, when you put it that way, it sounds like it'd be a horrible experience.

He should be used to that,” Edwin muttered. “I’m sure he is by far more intimately familiar with the Lady Palm and her five daughters than with any actual female.

Ah. Yes. Jill.

Well, it's certainly Ewwwwww de something. :twisted:

#8 Guest_Wyvern_*

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:03 AM

Liver of Isaea, eww. Nalia's taking necromancy a bit too far.

The amulet link. Too bad Edwin doesn't know it's linked to Dekaras.

How much time does Edwin spend thinking about such things :twisted:

Even Jan knows when to shut up.

It doesn't look good for Dekeras. :twisted:

Aww, he likes her. ;)

First he puts Anomen down, now poor Valyger. I think Edwin must be really insecure about certain ... things.

But Yoshimo's free-right?

#9 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:46 PM

[quote][quote]Finally my Internet connection is working again after being down all day. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to save reading and commenting for tomorrow, since I need to catch a train shortly. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Aww! Thank you very much for taking time to post it! :)
[/quote]

Welcome. 8)

[quote]
[quote]Interpreting the signs in the world around us isn’t necessarily an easy task. At times, we may see things clearly enough, and yet lack that crucial bit of information that would have let us understand the meaning of what we see.
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Was it a reference to Edwin's amulet?
[/quote]

Yes indeed. Edwin still doesn't know how it works.

[quote]
[quote]Nalia looked up from the book she was reading, placed a thin leather bookmark inside it, and then closed it.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
It was *human* leather, wasn't it? :twisted: (*whisper*: Isaea leather? :twisted: )
[/quote]

Perhaps... :)

[quote]
[quote]The necromancer’s eyes lit up, and he started kissing his way energetically up her pale arm, her black sleeve sliding back as he did so. “Saw them…” * kiss * “In the mirror…” * kiss * “…coming up the road…” * kiss * “…to visit us. The rabbits haven’t stopped them…” * kiss * “…and the dancing green goblins in the kitchen want to put on a feast.” * kiss * “Shall we serve them some nice liver, with chianti and some fava beans, my dulcimer darling?” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Awww... 8) Though the words "kiss" did not work for me, here, but it's probably just different tastes. :twisted:
[/quote]

I might replace it - it's no big deal to me.

[quote]
What you should attempt is classical phobia therapy. Start out slow by spending time reading spell scrolls and magical literature, perhaps admiring a magical artifact or two. Soon, you might be able to move on to actually speaking to a mage without spitting, cursing and threatening. In time, given enough practise, you may even be fortunate enough to acquire the ability to cast a modest spell or two yourself, thus being able to impress the woman and sparing yourself a life of celibacy. Though I would doubt that, given your childish handwriting, which tells me that you might as well keep on rolling about in the dirt and sticking twigs in your hair with the other monkeys.
[/quote]

[quote]
Edwin Odesseiron, Prober of Inferior Minds [/quote]
[/quote]

Heh, I'd forgotten about that one. :) Makes me kind of tempted to do a sequel.

[quote]
[quote]“Well, well,” Jan was saying, “if you want to be way. You know, Val, being this gloomy usually comes from having some sort of deep, emotional trauma in your past. Tell you what, just relax, lean back, and tell me all about your mother.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Imoen and Jan. :) With their lack of tact and manners. *sigh* One could write hundreds of Jan-bashing and Imoen-bashing stories on game dialogue alone. *grumble*
[/quote]

Don't like them, eh? :)

[quote]
[quote]“Aw,” Minsc said, patting the dark-skinned ranger on the arm, “That is not right. Little babies shouldn’t be ignored, they should be cuddled and played with, just like soft and furry hamster babies are.” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

Come to think of it, maybe hamster babies are born hairless, like rats? Oh well, they'd gain fur eventually anyway.

[quote]
[quote]What a preposterous idea, Edwin thought. If she wanted an undead lover, a zombie would be far too squelchy. Now a skeleton on the other hand, that holds some potential…[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Yes, Edwin, but how would she "feel his hardness within her"? It's a skeleton, right? He doesn't have *this* part of the body? :twisted: ;) :) Or does he? :twisted:
[/quote]

But he has *other* parts. :D

[quote]
“Abduh is…well, he’s vitally challenged, so to speak.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Hey, I know, it's a Pratchett reference! *skips up and down* May I have a cookie?
[/quote]

It's Pratchett? I'd forgotten about that, to be honest. Do you know which book?

[quote]
[quote]“Then I will at least be spared any more corrupt mages and their monstrous undead creations,” Valygar retorted, glaring at the wizard. “I want nothing to do with any undead creatures, now or in the future, I would rather…” Here, he broke off, and looked downwards, then winced. Mazzy’s hand was sitting on his boot, tugging at his trouser leg, and it was hunched in upon itself in a way that was positively mournful. “Oh. No, I meant…” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Awwww! Maaaalenki... (means "little one") *looks at the hand with adoration*
[/quote]

It's sure cuter than Mazzy ever were. :)

[quote]
[quote]“Yes. It’s not so different from reading the body language of an animal, really. All this hand needs is a little kindness, I’m sure.” Mazzy’s hand now leapt into the air a few times, raced in a circle around Valygar’s feet and leapt into the air, clinging to the ranger’s leg again, although to the upper portion of it this time. Valygar’s eyes widened, and he carefully dislodged the hand, setting it down on the ground.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
ROFLMAO!!! :) :) :) :) :) (Mazzy's hand alone makes me adore the chapter 8) )
[/quote]

Glad you like it. :D

[quote]
[quote]“He should be used to that,” Edwin muttered. “I’m sure he is by far more intimately familiar with the Lady Palm and her five daughters than with any actual female. After all, what woman with self respect would put up with the smell?”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
*wince* Really, Edwin. That offends even *my* taste, and that's saying something. :P
[/quote]

What can I say, I was in a tasteless mood as I wrote this. :)

[quote]
[quote]“Edwin…” Zaerini said, and there was a clear hint of warning in her voice. “Not now, please.” She rubbed her hands briskly together. “Right, if everything’s settled now, let’s head for Keep De’Arnise. And I hope they’ve got something nice for dinner, I’m starving…”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
*smirk* She reminded me of Elvira, here. :twisted:
[/quote]

Rini: Sometimes that's what it takes. 8)

[quote]
[quote]Next: Back to Dekaras - who is entirely at Aerie's non-existant mercy.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
YAY !!! :D :D :D :D :D (and naked Dekaras, too! :twisted: )
[/quote]

Oh yes. :) Not that he's in very good shape at the moment.

[quote]
Er... *squirms uncomfortably* I mean, Dekkie won't die and all that, and I'd love to see more of Aerie. *flutters her eyelashes innocently*[/quote]

Of course. :D

#10 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

[quote][quote]

Edwin Odesseiron, Prober of Inferior Minds
[/quote]

Heh, I'd forgotten about that one. :twisted: Makes me kind of tempted to do a sequel. [/quote]

Please do! :twisted: I, for one, would be very interested to learn what Evil Aerie, Yoshimo, Xan, Bodhi and others would ask. :twisted:

[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Come to think of it, maybe hamster babies are born hairless, like rats? Oh well, they'd gain fur eventually anyway. [/quote]

*gulp* *shudder* *faints*

[quote][quote]
Yes, Edwin, but how would she "feel his hardness within her"? It's a skeleton, right? He doesn't have *this* part of the body? :twisted: :twisted: ;) Or does he? :D
[/quote]

But he has *other* parts. :) [/quote]

:twisted: Now, I haven't thought of that. :twisted:

[quote][quote]
“Abduh is…well, he’s vitally challenged, so to speak.”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

It's Pratchett? I'd forgotten about that, to be honest. Do you know which book? [/quote]

Yes, it's "Fifth Elephant":

[quote]Constable Shoe sighed. He knew that Mr Vimes had an unofficial policy of getting ethnic minorities into the Watch, but he wasn't sure this was wise in the case of gnomes, even though there was, admittedly, no ethnic group that was more minor. They had an inbuilt resistance to rules. This didn't just apply to the law, but to all the invisible rules that most people obeyed unthinkingly, like 'Do not attempt to eat this giraffe' or 'Do not headbutt people in the ankle just because they won't give you a chip'. It was best to think of Constable Swires simply as a small independent weapon.

'You'd better show us the d- the person who is currently vitally challenged,' he said. They were led downstairs. What was hanging from a beam there would have frightened the life out of anyone who wasn't already a zombie.
[/quote]

#11 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

Liver of Isaea, eww. Nalia's taking necromancy a bit too far.

I see Nalia as an enthusiast, somebody who always wants to conform to what she sees as proper behavior in a current situation.

The amulet link. Too bad Edwin doesn't know it's linked to Dekaras.

Indeed.

How much time does Edwin spend thinking about such things :twisted:

Even more disturbing question - how much time do *I* spend thinking about such things?

It doesn't look good for Dekeras. ;)

Definitely not.

Aww, he likes her. :)

He's a nice guy, he doesn't want to hurt the hand's feelings. :twisted:

First he puts Anomen down, now poor Valyger. I think Edwin must be really insecure about certain ... things.

Not exactly. He's feeling anxious and fretful, and taking it out on his surroundings in any way possible.

But Yoshimo's free-right?

So far, yes.

#12 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

since I need to catch a train shortly.

Is it "the Midnight Train going anywhere?" :D

Not quite. :twisted:

:)

I'm scared.

:)

“Isaea must have rotted weeks ago, we wouldn’t want them to fall ill. Unless they’re nasty, uncultured peasants, of course.”

That's just... vile...

Ewwwwww.

Sorry, my sense of humor tends towards the macabre sometimes. :twisted:

if you want to be way. You know, Val, being this gloomy usually comes from having some sort of deep, emotional trauma in your past.

Stewie Griffin: "Clearly, your behavior is caused by some manner of deep-seated inner pain, meaning that the only way to resolve your problems, is with a healthy dose of OUTER PAIN!"

Well, not Montaron, he’s…just kind of unpleasant in general.

And the fact that whenever I hear him talk, I hear LeChuck... that just doesn't help.

It's funny, despite being a MI fan I never think of him as LeChuck. Wonder why that is?

He should be used to that,” Edwin muttered. “I’m sure he is by far more intimately familiar with the Lady Palm and her five daughters than with any actual female.

Ah. Yes. Jill.

Hm? I don't get that one, I'm afraid? :twisted:

Well, it's certainly Ewwwwww de something. ;)

I'm sure Rini sometimes has to tell him not to splash on so much. :twisted:

#13 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

or your scribe likes to torture you by withholding that crucial clue.. :twisted:

That too! :twisted:

I suppose next on the reading list is "Necrominicon, abridged version"?

Absolutely! Or 'How to summon Ctulhu in 5 easy steps.' :D

the inevitable liver jokes...actually prefer liver wrapped in bacon...yum...yum... :oops:

I like liver patty. :D

:twisted: :twisted: :) ever been to one of those gyro places? where they have this rotisserie of beef hanging in the oven, and they slice pieces off to make gyros for you...i got this image of Isaea spinning around in this rotisserie... :)

I haven't been to one, I'm afraid, but I can imagine it. Next time we see Rini and gang, you'll find out exactly what happened to Isaea. Or the most important thing that happened, anyway.

jan: oh come on, val, think of the perks...you don't have to get up before noon, you got lots of free time in the day, you have sex all the time, and you get to wear those skimpy costumes!

;)

Yeah, pink thongs! :)

:D

Dekkie is in a very, very bad state indeed.

Kulyok is right..that is rather disturbing..

Baby hamsters are disturbing?

they're really nice people, actually...

Just a little spooky. :D

He's creepy and he's kooky,
And Monty's short and spooky,
And Nally's not altogether Ook-ay, (this line changed from original) :D
The Xzar's Family.

His obession's to create a golem.
Cause zombies are beginning to bore him.
Zombie heads wobble when you bowl-em,
The Xzar's Family.

Neat

Sweet

Petite

So if you want a custom zombie,
and you don't want to order from Abercrombie's,
Just avoid mentioning the BUNNIES,
while you're with Xzar's Family.

Ooooh, lovely! :shock: I'm very fond of filks. But it should be 'The De'Arnise Family' I think, then it fits the rhythm better.

from latin, vitae means "life"

for example, lignum vitae means "tree of life"

I know. :P

actually, they're really nice people... :twisted: :)

Just a little odd. :D

:) :) :)

There there... *pats shoulder*

:) 8) 8) so that's why you made mazzy's hand undead... :twisted:

Of course! :shock:

8) 8) :D (i guess its funnier for guys...) :D

Weeeelll... :twisted:

:) :) :)

*more comforting pats*

this is going to be bad...why do i get this feeling that somehow she's going to worm out the truth of edwin's parentage from him...hmmm?
YAY!!! :) :) :)

Vadrak Dekaras: An evil Avariel is about to torture me, and your reaction is 'yay'? Thank you, that's very reassuring.

#14 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:02 PM

Nalia looked up from the book she was reading, placed a thin leather bookmark inside it, and then closed it. “Neophyte Necromancer” it was called, and she was making quite a lot of progress recently. Certainly she had moved far beyond ‘Necromancy For Dummies’.

I bet she doesn’t want anyone to see those books, puts a certain cramp in her style. :twisted:

No, I think Nalia always wants to be perceived as comptent at what she does, and not a beginner. :)

You know, I wonder what do *they* think about their… eccentric landlords! :)

I think they probably figure it's better than the trolls, and better than Delcia. Xzar and Nalia pretty much leave them alone, I think.

I think he might prefer that, actually. :twisted:

8)

Zigmund Jansen? 8)

You know, Jan as a psychotherapist just has such immense comedy potential. :twisted:

Oooh yes - imagine all the turnip symbolism! :D

Considering that skeleton has some rather important ‘bone’ missing, you would think that Edwin has forgotten about the practical aspects of having a lover. :twisted: :)

Not really - a skeleton has several possible substitutes. :twisted:

Don’t you just love that banter in the game? I know I do. :)

I do! :)

You know, they don’t have a terribly good resume… necromancers, (ex)-Zhents… I can see Jaheira being rather irked with them too, but thankfully she knows that they are quite harmless.

By now, Jaheira won't try to lop their heads off or anything. :) They're pretty much retired from the Zhents anyway.

:twisted: Hadn’t heard that one before! LOL!

Apparently it's Pratchett - which I'd managed to forget. :)

Well… they hadn’t tracked him down in Umar Hills, so one would imagine it’s not more likely they would track him in these woods.

On the other hand, he's closer to Athkatla now.

Aww, see, the hand *is* useful! :)

Of course! :)

:) Ewwww! Cut it out, Jaheira!

LOL! Umm, though on second thought… it seems a bit… base for Edwin to say something like that, no?

I don't know...perhaps. I'll have to think about that.

I think that in Forgotten Realms, it probably wouldn’t be called ‘cologne’, given that the origins of the name are connected with a city in Germany. :)

Well, let's just say it's an equivalent. I don't think there's any good alternative word.

Err, you’re counting on necromancers to have something *nice* for dinner? :D

:) 8)

;)

I think that Teacher Dekaras is all… tied up, right now. :)

Oh yes. And not in a nice way.

*gulp* Loviatan priestess at work… it would sound odd if I’d said that I look forward to seeing that. :)

Vadrak Dekaras: Everybody seems extraordinarily happy about my imminent torture. I expect you'll be cheering her on next.

#15 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

[quote]Hello, Laufey!
[/quote]

Hi! :)

[quote]
[quote]Finally my Internet connection is working again after being down all day. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to save reading and commenting for tomorrow, since I need to catch a train shortly.
[/quote]
My reading time is very small these days, but I’m glad to see another chapter of the cards.
[/quote]

Thanks very much! :D

[quote]
I think I can guess what the party is going to do with the hand now.
[/quote]

It was always inevitable. :twisted:

[quote]
[quote]“But we couldn’t possibly,” Nalia protested. “Isaea must have rotted weeks ago, we wouldn’t want them to fall ill. Unless they’re nasty, uncultured peasants, of course.” [/quote]
I see Nalia is pretty far gone.
[/quote]

Nalia is the kind of person who fully dedicates herself, I think.

[quote]
[quote]She turned and looked into the mirror that Xzar was pointing at, a new one that he had acquired only recently. In it, she could see a clear vision of the road leading up to the Keep, complete with the poisoned thorns and wailing wraiths. A small group of people were walking along it, and she recognized them clearly. “Oh Xzar!” she happily exclaimed. “It’s our dear friends, after such a long time! And look, they’ve brought somebody else along with them, I don’t recognize him.”
[/quote]
:twisted: Poor Valygar! If he thought his current party was strange, well...
[/quote]

[quote]
[quote]“I. Do not. Want. To be. A mage.” Valygar said, between clenched teeth. The disgusted look on his face suggested that Jan might as well have asked him why he didn’t want to become a male prostitute.
[/quote]
I suspect Valygar would much prefer to be a male prositute.
[/quote]

He just might. :)

[quote]
[quote]Edwin shook his head, trying his best to ignore the gnome’s ramblings. For some reason that he couldn’t quite pinpoint he was feeling edgy and uneasy, and it had nothing to do with paying a visit to Xzar and Nalia’s insane household. He fussed with the amulet hanging around his throat, trying to adjust it. It felt cold to the touch, freezing cold, and it usually never did that.
[/quote]
Uh oh. I guess Aerie must have caught Dekaras right about now.
[/quote]

Oh yes.

[quote]
[quote]For a few seconds, Valygar’s face went very still, and although his voice remained perfectly level it gave the impression that he was only just holding back a snarl. “My mother, is it? You want to know about her? I’ll tell you about my mother. She fell to our family curse young, toying with magic, sinking half our fortune into ancient texts and scrolls. She was obsessed with it. Even my father could barely drag her away from her studies. She practically ignored me from the day I was born.”
[/quote]
Eep! Ummm, so, Valygar’s not fond of magic I take it?
[/quote]

To say the least...

[quote]
[/quote]
(*looks respectfully at Valygar*) There’s not many who could do that to Jan.
[/quote]

It's a very rare thing indeed.

[quote]
[quote]
Zaerini winced a little, nervously fiddling with a strand of her hair. “Er..:Valygar? Those friends I mentioned…well, there’s something you ought to know.[/quote]
:twisted: Ummmm, Zaerini? Maybe you should’a mentioned this a little earlier? Well, better late than never, I guess.
[/quote]

She'll get to it. :)

[quote]
[quote]“Abduh is…well, he’s vitally challenged, so to speak.”
[/quote]

[quote]
“Dead?”
[/quote]
:twisted: Valygar’s quick.
[/quote]

;)

[quote]
[/quote]
And the manic halfling assassin, yes.
[/quote]

And the insane witch aunt!

[quote]
[quote]“It is the most convenient place to stop between here and Athkatla,” Jaheira reminded him. The druid had been rather quiet since the encounter with Dermin, but her voice sounded as firm as ever.
[/quote]
Jaheira approves of this idea?!?
[/quote]

Well, Xzar and Nalia are harmless, and it's a convenient place to stop.

[quote]
“Then they will kill him,” Edwin waspishly said, “and good riddance too.” Once again, he ran his fingertips across his amulet. Still icy cold, and as he pulled it out to examine it, it looked very dark, far more so than he was used to seeing it. Something is wrong, but what? [/quote]
It seems Edwin’s fears are making him even more obnoxious than usual.
[/quote]

Absolutely.

[quote]
[quote]“Then I will at least be spared any more corrupt mages and their monstrous undead creations,” Valygar retorted, glaring at the wizard. “I want nothing to do with any undead creatures, now or in the future, I would rather…” Here, he broke off, and looked downwards, then winced. Mazzy’s hand was sitting on his boot, tugging at his trouser leg, and it was hunched in upon itself in a way that was positively mournful. “Oh. No, I meant…”
[/quote]
Awwwwwwwww.... You’ve hurt its feelings!
[/quote]

[quote]
[quote]Mazzy’s hand now leapt into the air a few times, raced in a circle around Valygar’s feet and leapt into the air, clinging to the ranger’s leg again, although to the upper portion of it this time. Valygar’s eyes widened, and he carefully dislodged the hand, setting it down on the ground.
[/quote]
Oh....... my......God!..... :)
[/quote]

That hand is *very* fond of him. :)

[quote]
[quote]“Perhaps not that much kindness though,” Jaheira suggested. “Or you may find yourself with a hand for a permanent lifemate.”
[/quote]
AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!! Jaheira, please...
[/quote]

I just had a tasteless day when I wrote this, I guess. :)

[quote]
[/quote]
:twisted: Of course Valygar is no pushover.
[/quote]

Nope, he's quite capable of defending himself.

[quote]
[/quote]
:) Brrrrrrr.
[/quote]

Bad times ahead...

[quote]
[quote]Next: Back to Dekaras - who is entirely at Aerie's non-existant mercy.[/quote]
(*gulp!*)
[/quote]

[quote]
Good story!
[/quote]

[quote]
--Rick Taylor[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed! :)

#16 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:10 PM

*pets the kitty*

*purrs*! ;)

Heya. Yikes, Valygar ain't gonna be happy with this visitation, is he? And I think we know where the hand is gonna end up.

It's pretty obvious, I know. :twisted: Valygar won't be happy - but the main reason for his unhappiness you'll find out about later. :twisted:

Is the penny about to drop where Dekaras is concerned?

And how, exactly ARE you going to keep Valygar and Edwin from trying to kill eachother? Valygar doesn't exactly have Minsc's easy going nature.

He doesn't, but he's a decent and honorable man of his word. He wouldn't kill Rini's lover unless Edwin outright attacked him.

#17 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

Hm? I don't get that one, I'm afraid?

(Cough)

(Cough cough)

Ahem.

Ok. Take your right hand, hold it out in front of you, palm facing away. Look at the index finger and thumb... kinda looks like a "J", doesn't it?

Middle finger is a capital "I", and the ring finger and pinky are two lower case "L"s...

And there you go. "Jill."

And that's enough high school locker room humor for today. (Groan)

#18 Laufey

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

Ahhhhh...now I get it! :twisted: Thanks.

#19 Guest_Shian_*

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:18 AM

Woah, didn’t see that coming.

LOL!

Oh snap, here we go.

I never thought of the physical side of that… blech I have a feeling sex wasn’t on her mind when she did that…

Oh snap. I don’t blame her.

LOL!

Mazzy’s hand was sitting on his boot, tugging at his trouser leg, and it was hunched in upon itself in a way that was positively mournful. “Oh. No, I meant…”

LOL! Poor V-man just can’t get a break.

Hand-wife. Carry her with you everywhere, literally! Same as any normal wife, except much quieter and much different sex.

In Spanish, perfume and cologne are the same word… :twisted: I get a kick out of telling my boyfriend his perfume smells nice. LoL.

#20 Laufey

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:31 AM

I never thought of the physical side of that… blech I have a feeling sex wasn’t on her mind when she did that…

I sure hope not! :D

Mazzy’s hand was sitting on his boot, tugging at his trouser leg, and it was hunched in upon itself in a way that was positively mournful. “Oh. No, I meant…”

LOL! Poor V-man just can’t get a break.

True - but none of my characters get that, really. :)

Hand-wife. Carry her with you everywhere, literally! Same as any normal wife, except much quieter and much different sex.

Who knows, perhaps there are those who would prefer one. :)

In Spanish, perfume and cologne are the same word… :twisted: I get a kick out of telling my boyfriend his perfume smells nice. LoL.

Interesting, I didn't know that! :) Don't speak Spanish myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com