Photo

Cards Reshuffled 250

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_AlphaMonkey_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:42 PM

but it is much like trying to use a poisonous snake for a weapon. Sooner or later, it will turn on you.

Try telling that to those silly priestess of Lolth.

Now, that won’t be easy, no matter what the Geas is about, but getting him to explain it will at least be a start

Except, isn't the whole catch that even talking about it could kill him?

What is it with these would be evil masterminds and spikes?

Er... they want to exert their dominance, and there's nothing quite as effective for that as... erm... penetration? :twisted:

“Oh, just a little something I mixed together,”

And people said the Alchemy skill in Morrowind was crap. :twisted:

“Mordo!” Bodhi exclaimed, making Dekaras wince. Yoshimo was looking at him, and the man’s eyebrows had risen almost to his hairline. “You are describing one of my lately hired servants!”

“There,” Aerie said, and the smugly satisfied tone of her voice made the assassin wish he could reach through the wall and magically strangle her. “Didn’t I tell you I would prove useful?”

Whoops. Oh well. Time to have an APC ram its way in, then toss some incendiary grenades to cover your exit. Nothing says "Leave me alone!" quite like a four-alarm fire. :twisted:

#22 Laufey

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:11 PM

[quote][quote]but it is much like trying to use a poisonous snake for a weapon. Sooner or later, it will turn on you.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Try telling that to those silly priestess of Lolth.
[/quote]

They use snakes for weapons? How very Indiana Jones.

[quote]
[quote]Now, that won’t be easy, no matter what the Geas is about, but getting him to explain it will at least be a start[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Except, isn't the whole catch that even talking about it could kill him?
[/quote]

Perhaps I should rephrase that sentence...it is a bit unclear, I can see that now. Dekaras reckons that he can worm things out of Yoshimo in an indirect way.

[quote]
[quote]What is it with these would be evil masterminds and spikes?[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Er... they want to exert their dominance, and there's nothing quite as effective for that as... erm... penetration? :twisted:
[/quote]

Ick!

[quote]
“There,” Aerie said, and the smugly satisfied tone of her voice made the assassin wish he could reach through the wall and magically strangle her. “Didn’t I tell you I would prove useful?”[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Whoops. Oh well. Time to have an APC ram its way in, then toss some incendiary grenades to cover your exit. Nothing says "Leave me alone!" quite like a four-alarm fire. :twisted:[/quote]

Such a pity I haven't given him any... :twisted:
Rogues do it from behind.

#23 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:56 AM

“I know they are unlikely to awaken,” Yoshimo murmured, as he silently padded down a winding corridor leading deeply into Bodhi’s domain, “but still it makes me uncomfortable.”

Eck. Certainly would make *me* uncomfortable.

As they walked, Dekaras mused, not for the first time, on the peculiar décor. Drinking blood, now that I can understand. But filling up these large marble tubs and bathing in it, now that I doubt I shall ever comprehend. It doesn’t seem to make any sense at all, that I can see. They can’t absorb it through the skin, it won’t make them clean, and it wastes what has to be an important resource to them. Ah well, I suppose they’re simply trying to be theatrical and show off their depravity.

LOL! Good point. As for bathing in milk, imagine what it smells like after the bath when the milk has dried...

The tunnel leading down to Bodhi’s bedroom had a few traps, but nothing that couldn’t easily be disarmed. And now they were at the entrance chamber, yet another very gaudy and simultaneously gloomy room that was dominated by a large pool of blood that took up most of the floor. It had spikes surrounding it, Dekaras noticed, his lips twitching almost imperceptibly into a wry smile. What is it with these would be evil masterminds and spikes?

Sarry: *glare*

“Good venom,” Yoshimo commented. “Which one is it?”

Hm, isn't venom natural poison like a snake's, and 'poison' the word to be used by deliberate concoctions? Could be wrong, just a gut feeling.

Let me see. Bills for ten tons of marble…bills for a dozen leather strap outfits, the price per square inch for those must be astronomical…and what is this?

*snicker*

I am pleased that you do well with your little war against the Shadow Thieves, but remember that this is not our ultimate purpose here. Breaking the curse is our ultimate goal, and anything else is only a means to that end. Also, my preliminaries indicate that I will need a number of live humans to fully develop the process, so do try to take care not to run out of them.

Heh, Jonny has such a wicked sense of humor - though I am not sure if he even means to joke anymore.

Have him return to me with your reply to this letter, sister, if you can manage to take time out from your debaucheries to actually write one.

If Jonny could truly feel, I have no doubt that Bodhi would really repulse him.

“Only this,” Aerie said, and her voice was as cold as winter’s heart. “You have plans for the half-elf, I understand. You may do what you like with her, provided she suffers greatly before death, but the wizard and his annoying assassin tutor are mine. Is that clear?”

Good God she is scary. Oh yes, as far as I'm concerned Evil Aerie is one of the scariest villains ever.

“There,” Aerie said, and the smugly satisfied tone of her voice made the assassin wish he could reach through the wall and magically strangle her. “Didn’t I tell you I would prove useful?”

Ouch... Aerie has recupareted nicely of her latest failure. It would be really cool to program an Evil Aerie mod, but it would be an insane amount of work and not really suitable for a mod format, given that it revolves around the Bhaalspawn saga. Still, it would be so cool to actually play with her, be it a foe, ally or a protagonist.

Next: Back to Rini's group, and an encounter with utter insanity.

So, what else is new? :shock:

#24 Laufey

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:39 AM

As they walked, Dekaras mused, not for the first time, on the peculiar décor. Drinking blood, now that I can understand. But filling up these large marble tubs and bathing in it, now that I doubt I shall ever comprehend. It doesn’t seem to make any sense at all, that I can see. They can’t absorb it through the skin, it won’t make them clean, and it wastes what has to be an important resource to them. Ah well, I suppose they’re simply trying to be theatrical and show off their depravity.

LOL! Good point. As for bathing in milk, imagine what it smells like after the bath when the milk has dried...

I've always thought just the same thing. I hate the smell of sour milk.

The tunnel leading down to Bodhi’s bedroom had a few traps, but nothing that couldn’t easily be disarmed. And now they were at the entrance chamber, yet another very gaudy and simultaneously gloomy room that was dominated by a large pool of blood that took up most of the floor. It had spikes surrounding it, Dekaras noticed, his lips twitching almost imperceptibly into a wry smile. What is it with these would be evil masterminds and spikes?

Sarry: *glare*

:shock: That's all right Sarry, you can tease him back about wearing black.

“Good venom,” Yoshimo commented. “Which one is it?”

Hm, isn't venom natural poison like a snake's, and 'poison' the word to be used by deliberate concoctions? Could be wrong, just a gut feeling.

I'm not sure, actually. I had thought they meant the same thing.

I am pleased that you do well with your little war against the Shadow Thieves, but remember that this is not our ultimate purpose here. Breaking the curse is our ultimate goal, and anything else is only a means to that end. Also, my preliminaries indicate that I will need a number of live humans to fully develop the process, so do try to take care not to run out of them.

Heh, Jonny has such a wicked sense of humor - though I am not sure if he even means to joke anymore.

¨

I think he's actually being perfectly sincere here.

Have him return to me with your reply to this letter, sister, if you can manage to take time out from your debaucheries to actually write one.

If Jonny could truly feel, I have no doubt that Bodhi would really repulse him.

I suspect he might, yes.

“Only this,” Aerie said, and her voice was as cold as winter’s heart. “You have plans for the half-elf, I understand. You may do what you like with her, provided she suffers greatly before death, but the wizard and his annoying assassin tutor are mine. Is that clear?”

Good God she is scary. Oh yes, as far as I'm concerned Evil Aerie is one of the scariest villains ever.

Thanks. :lol:

Ouch... Aerie has recupareted nicely of her latest failure. It would be really cool to program an Evil Aerie mod, but it would be an insane amount of work and not really suitable for a mod format, given that it revolves around the Bhaalspawn saga. Still, it would be so cool to actually play with her, be it a foe, ally or a protagonist.

It would be fun, wouldn't it? Imagine the dialogues one could write for her.

So, what else is new? :lol:

Not this, for sure!

#25 Weyoun

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:24 PM

Cards Reshuffled 250 – Unpleasant Discoveries

No 250th episode special? Awww, I really wanted a commentary track! :D

Dekaras nodded. “Asleep or not, we must take care,” he said. “I believe some vampires, the more powerful ones, can be awakened during the day, if sufficiently disturbed. Bodhi is certainly strong enough for that.”

In other words : don't piss off the bloodsucker. :)

Random Vamp : Yo, yo, yo, it's a vamp-thing, you know what I'm sayin'? :)

Random evil mastermind : Yo, yo, yo, it's an evil mastermind-thing, you know what I'm sayin'? :D

There were two guards down here, by the entrance to Bodhi’s bedroom. Two large men, with shaved heads and muscular bodies, both of them armed with big two-handed axes. Oddly enough, they weren’t wearing any armor at all, only furry loincloths.

Typical Bodhi. :lol:

Let me see. Bills for ten tons of marble…bills for a dozen leather strap outfits, the price per square inch for those must be astronomical…and what is this?

It's all in the script. :lol:

Dekaras read this letter through an extra time, to make certain he had understood it fully. Yes, it still said exactly the same thing; there was no mistaking it. One single thought kept running through his head. How could I have been so stupid? I ought to know better by now than to place my trust in people this easily. And I let the simple fact of me liking him lead me astray.

Well, he's on to him now at least... I wouldn't say Dek is too trusting, though.

Dekaras crouched down behind the desk, having gone into hiding before his conscious mind had even had time to register the danger. There was a voice close by, a slightly sibilant female voice, currently laced with contempt.

“You fools!” Bodhi spat. “You dare sleep through your guard duties? Answer me!”

Uh-oh. Time to make a break for it is getting closer. :D

“Did I perhaps come at an inappropriate time?” Aerie asked, and Dekaras could almost see the little toss of her golden head as she surveyed the feeding vampire.

:shock:

Well, one bloodsucker deserves another, I suppose. :)

Around the edge of the door, Dekaras could feel a cold chill running down his back, one that made him have uncomfortable thoughts about a sharp blade rubbing his spine.

“Oh, really,” Bodhi scoffed. “I take great care with this place, you know. Both my fledglings and my slaves are utterly loyal.”

“That may be so, but he has his ways, and unless you want to wake up one evening with a stake through your heart, you will listen to me. He is a tall dark fellow in his forties, thin, sharp face and long nose, dark eyes. Tends to think he’s very clever and witty, much like the little wizard. Usually he wears black, although he could very well be in disguise. And he…”

“Mordo!” Bodhi exclaimed, making Dekaras wince. Yoshimo was looking at him, and the man’s eyebrows had risen almost to his hairline. “You are describing one of my lately hired servants!”

D'oh! :)

In the words of Yoda : Warned you we did. Listen you did not. Now screwed we all are. :D

Sounds good!
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

#26 Laufey

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

Cards Reshuffled 250 – Unpleasant Discoveries

No 250th episode special? Awww, I really wanted a commentary track! :wink:

Aw, sorry, didn't think of it. :twisted: I'll try to remember doing something special for 300, how's that? :lol:

Random Vamp : Yo, yo, yo, it's a vamp-thing, you know what I'm sayin'? :twisted:

:oops:

There were two guards down here, by the entrance to Bodhi’s bedroom. Two large men, with shaved heads and muscular bodies, both of them armed with big two-handed axes. Oddly enough, they weren’t wearing any armor at all, only furry loincloths.

Typical Bodhi. :)

I thought so. :shock:

Dekaras read this letter through an extra time, to make certain he had understood it fully. Yes, it still said exactly the same thing; there was no mistaking it. One single thought kept running through his head. How could I have been so stupid? I ought to know better by now than to place my trust in people this easily. And I let the simple fact of me liking him lead me astray.

Well, he's on to him now at least... I wouldn't say Dek is too trusting, though.

No, quite the contrary. But *he* has his own ideas about what 'too trusting' means. Sort of like Viconia, you know.

D'oh! :wink:

Very much an 'ooops' moment.

In the words of Yoda : Warned you we did. Listen you did not. Now screwed we all are. :wink:

Right now, I don't think Dekkie is inclined to do the 'there is no emotion, there is peace' thing, really. :wink:

Btw, am going to see Episode 3 on Saturday! :roll:

Sounds good!

You'll like it, I think. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com