Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 302

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:42 AM

The woman with feathers in her hair returned to her personal fortress after leaving Illasera. It was not quite a pocket plane in it's own right, but it was so cunningly hidden that few indeed would ever be able to find it.

The woman had, of course, been Bhaal's High Priestess, and as such had been required to bear child for him as many others had. This she had done willingly; it suited her own plans.

Her own personal offspring was still, after all these years, waiting in her fortress. But he waited busily. She had trained him well.

It was her plan to do more than let him live; he would, after her plan reached fruition, be what the Six thought they were. He would be her right hand.

He resembled strongly the man Bhaal had been in mortal life, save that he had his mother's hair color. Adrian and Sarevok each would've recognized something about the face and the muscles of the neck in themselves.

He was in a training chamber, slashing apart magical phantoms she had conjured for him. In his left hand he wielded a scimitar, in his right a club. The odd combination, and the uncanny speed with which he wielded them, marked him as one of the most dangerous beings alive.

As his mother had learend both the priesthood and magecraft, so had he, but he was a warrior as well. Theoretically, that was impossible for a human. But of course, he was no normal human. And like his mother, he had unnatural long life for a human. Part of this was his heritage. Part were some of the enhancements his mother had given him through her spellcraft, the same sort she had used on herself. Despite all this, his development had been slowed on all three fronts. But finally he was coming to fruition.

"My son," she breathed, in the closest thing she had ever experienced to affection since she became what she was. "You are almost ready."

"They shall fall, mother," he answered. "They shall all fall."

---

Adrian downed another healing potion as he left the apartment, just to be on the safe side. It wouldn't do to reinjure himself.

"I dinna need yer help longlimb," said Korgan, but he said it happily. He was in his element.

"But you don't mind, do you." Adrian said it calmly enough, but it was not a question.

And Korgan new it. "Ach, nae. Without ye I'd never have got this far, anyhow.

As the party entered the fighting pit Phaere finally and reluctantly took her leave; though she very much wished otherwise, she had to report to Matron Ardulace. But she would receive a full report on the battle later. She did so love bloodsport.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:55 AM

"My son," she breathed, in the closest thing she had ever experienced to affection since she became what she was. "You are almost ready."

Meet Darth Maul, Sith apprentice.... er, Melly's apprentice. :lol:

As the party entered the fighting pit Phaere finally and reluctantly took her leave; though she very much wished otherwise, she had to report to Matron Ardulace. But she would receive a full report on the battle later. She did so love bloodsport.

I can't wait when it's finally time to kill Sola. :wink:

#3 Guest_Q'alooaith_*

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:50 PM

As his mother had learend both the priesthood and magecraft, so had he, but he was a warrior as well. Theoretically, that was impossible for a human.

*Sound of a thousand voices screaming*

No no no no no no no.

No.

No.

You've commited the ultimate sin, you've refered to a game mechanic in your storytelling, even mentioned it as a limit.

You want him to be a fighter, mage, cleric, that's fine do it, but you've mentioned that it's out of the ordinary, and even gone so far to say it impossible in normal humans.

oh what it's called, he's a charactor that everyone loves, or fears, or both loves and fears. It's a plot device in a person wrapper..

You could have writen it in a more charactorfull way such as.

"He trained constantly, magic flowing through his body both divine and arcane, he skill with the sword and club matching his magical ablitys, the perfect warrior preist"

Or something along thouse lines, something that does not touch on the mechanics, or mention them being broken.

//////

I appologise if it seams like I'm overeacting or my words seam strong, but your pushing the wrong buttons.

#4 Arcalian

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:14 AM

:twisted: :(

It's finally happened.

I've met someone on these boards who's actually more pedantic than me.

:wink:

Well, If I pressed your buttons, I'm sorry. But I don't think it matters. *shrug*

Oh, and a very belated welcome to the boards. :D
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#5 Arcalian

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:17 AM

Um....Kulyok...I'm sorry to break it to you....but I rather think Solafein will live. :twisted:

(watches the one regular respondant to his story leave....sigh...)

#6 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:07 AM

The woman with feathers in her hair returned to her personal fortress after leaving Illasera. It was not quite a pocket plane in it's own right, but it was so cunningly hidden that few indeed would ever be able to find it.

(it's = its)

The woman had, of course, been Bhaal's High Priestess, and as such had been required to bear child for him as many others had. This she had done willingly; it suited her own plans.

Her own personal offspring was still, after all these years, waiting in her fortress. But he waited busily. She had trained him well.

It was her plan to do more than let him live; he would, after her plan reached fruition, be what the Six thought they were. He would be her right hand.

He resembled strongly the man Bhaal had been in mortal life, save that he had his mother's hair color. Adrian and Sarevok each would've recognized something about the face and the muscles of the neck in themselves.

Nice! Nice! I love this idea. It's similar to one I had, an 'evil Onyx' type thing. (In my continuity, I think that Onyx, Jade, and Imoen will be Melly's children themselves).

He was in a training chamber, slashing apart magical phantoms she had conjured for him. In his left hand he wielded a scimitar, in his right a club. The odd combination, and the uncanny speed with which he wielded them, marked him as one of the most dangerous beings alive.

As his mother had learend both the priesthood and magecraft, so had he, but he was a warrior as well. Theoretically, that was impossible for a human. But of course, he was no normal human. And like his mother, he had unnatural long life for a human. Part of this was his heritage. Part were some of the enhancements his mother had given him through her spellcraft, the same sort she had used on herself. Despite all this, his development had been slowed on all three fronts. But finally he was coming to fruition.

That's right, f*** the 2e rules!

This guy sounds badass. :twisted:

#7 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

Um....Kulyok...I'm sorry to break it to you....but I rather think Solafein will live. :(

(watches the one regular respondant to his story leave....sigh...)

Nah, don't you even hope I'll leave! :twisted: (*evil cackle*)

Hey, in a few years I'll write my own version... and then, there's Laufey's Cards...
...and other alternatives... anyway, in my story Sola would not get away with calmly watching his beloved being tortured and then hating her and helping her on the way to her death. You have my word on it. :wink:

#8 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:35 AM

Ah, very interesting. The game never said why she didn't have to have a Bhaalspawn child. You would think being his High Priestess it would be required. I have an explaination in AC, but having her actually have a child is a great twist!

Ooooh, creepy.

Don't all drow?

Great chapter!

#9 Arcalian

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:54 AM

Credit Oryx with the idea, he gave it to me indirectly, see his reply.

#10 Arcalian

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:56 AM

I know; you gave me the idea. I just happened to remember you saying that about Mellyat some point or other and my muse said, "write this now!"

So as with Anomen and the Red Knight before, you have influenced me. :roll:

Also someone else once had Melly be just Imoen's mother, I think.

#11 Arcalian

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:24 AM

The part of Phaere that was capable of love is dead; that's part of the point of her character. But enough. I just got done having a pointless argument with Silrana; I don't want to have one with you too. Probably the mods are hovering over me even as I type this. :roll:

#12 Guest_Kulyok_*

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:14 AM

The part of Phaere that was capable of love is dead; that's part of the point of her character. But enough. I just got done having a pointless argument with Silrana; I don't want to have one with you too. Probably the mods are hovering over me even as I type this. :roll:

Of course. ;) I have no problem whatsoever with different views of characters; it only makes the story more interesting to read, opens different angles for me as a reader(of course, if the writer is good, which you are). I would enjoy your story, regardless, do not worry. ;) And sorry if I did upset you with any of my comments.

#13 Guest_Q'alooaith_*

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:13 PM

:) :)

It's finally happened.

I've met someone on these boards who's actually more pedantic than me.

:)

Well, If I pressed your buttons, I'm sorry. But I don't think it matters. *shrug*

Oh, and a very belated welcome to the boards. :(

Just trying to help ya improve your writing techiquie through constructive critstitsism (however you spell it)

There's always someone worse.

#14 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

You have more readers than one! I'm still reading, I'm just really slow. :)

Usually by the time I get to it, everything I want to say has already been said. That being said. Cool idea! Priest/warrior/mage is an interestingly frightening combination. It's ok to bend game mechanics a bit for a story, I'm sure... one of the whole reasons of fanfic is to explore options that are closed to us in the game. :) I love taking liberties with the game world in stories, and I think that's the whole reason to write them... what if this happened? What if we move this guy over here? Why did he do that? And if he had been allowed to survive in the story, what affect would he have on it? Ect. It makes it fun!

Um, but I'm going to shut up now. Consider me silently in a corner waving the Adrian flag. Now let's see some bloodsport! Er, I mean, heh, corner, waving flag, really. *Gets out big wooden number one finger (I don't imagine this world has foam) and sits in corner waving Adrian flag* Go team!

#15 Laufey

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:57 PM

Oh yes, this makes perfect sense of course, that Melissan would have had a Spawn child of her own. A nice twist to the story.

Wonder if he'd settle for that though, or try to become a god himself?

It does make one wonder, just how Melissan became as she was in the endgame, doesn't it?
Rogues do it from behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com