Photo

Cards Reshuffled 247

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Laufey

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:33 AM

What they did found rather disappointed the Red Wizard though. There was gold, a couple of thousand, and some gems, though only a couple of any particular value. The only other item within the chest was a scroll, but Edwin made a sour grimace as he read it. “Bah!” he scoffed. “It is merely some text on how to create another tool for mindlessly bashing in monster heads. (Magical hammers…what next, a Saw of Searing?)”

There were no real dragon hoards in the game, unfortunately. I would have loved to been able to send my characters diving through coins.

Oh yes, would have been lots of fun! :twisted:

“Do not sell your dragon scales just yet,” Valygar said in a dry voice. “The Shade Lord still stands between us and freedom.”

Where I grew up, we said, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

We have a similar saying, 'Don't sell the bearskin before you have shot the bear'.

While it didn’t have an actual mouth, Mazzy’s undead hand managed to give a definite impression of smirking.

Hee!

I assume that you turned Mazzy into some sort of revenant. Very fitting. I wonder what it will take to lay her to rest.

Well, a little more on Mazzy's state next chapter. :twisted:

Great chapter!

Thanks! :wink:
Rogues do it from behind.

#22 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:08 PM

When in a perilous situation, trite as it may sound, remember that it’s always darkest before dawn, and that person you least expect may lend you a helping hand.

Knowing what is to come: *groaaaaaaaan*

There was nothing to be done for Mazzy. Anomen explained that while Helm might now possibly consent to give him the power of life over death, that spell still required an intact corpse to work on.

Those resurrection spells are way too anticlimatic in games - but I guess the novelty would wear off if you had to go through something epic every time one of your characters bites the dust.

Rini had briefly considered bringing the hand along for some sort of burial, but then decided against it. She’d probably be happier this way. It’s all very knightly, after all, being eaten by a dragon. While she wouldn’t exactly miss the Halfling as a person, she had to admit that the way Mazzy’s sword had penetrated the roof of the dragon’s mouth and into the brain was very impressive. Not to mention the way her body had got stuck in the dragon’s larynx, choking it to death. And she was good in a battle – we could have used her against the Shade Lord. Especially now, with so many of us hurt.

Choking on Mazzy was pretty amusing :)

“He spoke of making the annoying miniature knight into his consort,” Edwin said, giving the Shadow Dragon cadaver a thoughtful look. “With her dead (and good riddance too) it would make sense for him to fall back upon an alternative plan.”

Mr. Empathy...

“DON’T!” Anomen almost screamed.

“Hoard, Ano,” Jan filled in, smirking. “The princess was a bit of a gold-digger, you see, and preferred not having to do any actual digging. What did you think I meant?”

Poor Ano :D

The cleric merely muttered something inaudible into his beard, but Edwin nodded enthusiastically. “Its hoard, yes,” he agreed. “And in fact, I believe I spot something interesting over that way, a chest by the looks of it. (Imagine the magical treasures a dragon might have collected over its long and lonely years! And all for me! Well, for her too, of course.)”

He, of course, didn't even think of the alternative. Priorities.

What they did found rather disappointed the Red Wizard though. There was gold, a couple of thousand, and some gems, though only a couple of any particular value. The only other item within the chest was a scroll, but Edwin made a sour grimace as he read it. “Bah!” he scoffed. “It is merely some text on how to create another tool for mindlessly bashing in monster heads. (Magical hammers…what next, a Saw of Searing?)”

Er... Crom Fayer *rocks*. But Edwin doesn't appreciate brute force, of course. I like to give Korgan five pips in war hammer (and axe), then have him wield CF and that axe that lops heads off like the Vorpal Sword. Bliss...

Arguably it could be good for Ano too, but I use him pretty much for spellcasting and almost always have Korgan, so Ano gets the Flail of Ages.

“Do not sell your dragon scales just yet,” Valygar said in a dry voice. “The Shade Lord still stands between us and freedom.”

Very Valy-lake to remind them of the reality.

It was almost as if his vocal cords were the wrong size for him – she was reminded of a large man trying to force his hands into a small glove, one that was straining at the seams

That was a pure genius piece of description.

The shadows swarmed around him, even as the Shade Lord himself began casting a spell. It wasn’t one Zaerini could cast herself, but she thought she knew it. Horrid Wilting. Bad. Bad, bad, BAD!

It is *very* nice when you cast it yourself.

When the spell passed, Zaerini drew a deep breath, supporting herself against the now deactivated altar. The Shade Lord was on the ground before her, unmoving, and seemingly quite dead. And there, on the creature’s rotting face, fingers buried deeply into the unseeing eyes, there It was. Something small. Something white. Something with five fingers, and an air of aggression about it as it strode towards her, balancing on its fingertips.

While it didn’t have an actual mouth, Mazzy’s undead hand managed to give a definite impression of smirking.

Yay!!! Go Mazzy!

#23 Laufey

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

When in a perilous situation, trite as it may sound, remember that it’s always darkest before dawn, and that person you least expect may lend you a helping hand.

Knowing what is to come: *groaaaaaaaan*

Silly pun, yes, I know. :D

There was nothing to be done for Mazzy. Anomen explained that while Helm might now possibly consent to give him the power of life over death, that spell still required an intact corpse to work on.

Those resurrection spells are way too anticlimatic in games - but I guess the novelty would wear off if you had to go through something epic every time one of your characters bites the dust.

*nods* But I don't really want to write it the way it is in the game, far too easy that way.

Rini had briefly considered bringing the hand along for some sort of burial, but then decided against it. She’d probably be happier this way. It’s all very knightly, after all, being eaten by a dragon.
While she wouldn’t exactly miss the Halfling as a person, she had to admit that the way Mazzy’s sword had penetrated the roof of the dragon’s mouth and into the brain was very impressive. Not to mention the way her body had got stuck in the dragon’s larynx, choking it to death. And she was good in a battle – we could have used her against the Shade Lord. Especially now, with so many of us hurt.

Choking on Mazzy was pretty amusing :D

Thanks! :D

“He spoke of making the annoying miniature knight into his consort,” Edwin said, giving the Shadow Dragon cadaver a thoughtful look. “With her dead (and good riddance too) it would make sense for him to fall back upon an alternative plan.”

Mr. Empathy...

:)

The cleric merely muttered something inaudible into his beard, but Edwin nodded enthusiastically. “Its hoard, yes,” he agreed. “And in fact, I believe I spot something interesting over that way, a chest by the looks of it. (Imagine the magical treasures a dragon might have collected over its long and lonely years! And all for me! Well, for her too, of course.)”

He, of course, didn't even think of the alternative. Priorities.

Of course. :D

Er... Crom Fayer *rocks*. But Edwin doesn't appreciate brute force, of course. I like to give Korgan five pips in war hammer (and axe), then have him wield CF and that axe that lops heads off like the Vorpal Sword. Bliss...

Eddie doesn't go for magical weapons, no. Except eventually for Staff of the Magi...I don't think I'd better let him have unlimited invisibility though. He'd run amok.

Very Valy-lake to remind them of the reality.

He's a sensible person. :)

It was almost as if his vocal cords were the wrong size for him – she was reminded of a large man trying to force his hands into a small glove, one that was straining at the seams

That was a pure genius piece of description.

Thanks!

Yay!!! Go Mazzy!

She has improved a bit, hasn't she? :D

#24 Guest_Calliope_*

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:49 PM

Anomen had been badly affected by the dragon’s black breath though, he was weak and shaky, and explained that many of the spells he would normally be able to cast were currently beyond him.

Gotta love being level drained. Perhaps the ailment in the game that I hate the most.

“Well, it depends,” Jan said, scratching his beard. “My second cousin, Otto Jansen, the burglar, he once found this princess. Lovely lass, but foul tongue when he tried to rescue her. Said the dragon was a better companion than any man she’d ever met, because it had this really large…”

“Hoard, Ano,” Jan filled in, smirking. “The princess was a bit of a gold-digger, you see, and preferred not having to do any actual digging. What did you think I meant?”

Those righteous types always seem to have their minds on one thing :twisted:

There was gold, a couple of thousand, and some gems, though only a couple of any particular value.

YAY! Treasure! The best part of the whole adventuring thing! Ooooh shinyness.

Something small and white, something that looked a bit like a spider, launched itself through the air, and attached itself to the Shade Lord’s face, digging deeply into the hood.

:roll:

Something small. Something white. Something with five fingers, and an air of aggression about it as it strode towards her, balancing on its fingertips.

Omg!! It's thing!! I really hope they aren't going to keep it...although if it attacked how would you kill a hand?

#25 Laufey

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:59 PM

[quote][quote]Anomen had been badly affected by the dragon’s black breath though, he was weak and shaky, and explained that many of the spells he would normally be able to cast were currently beyond him.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Gotta love being level drained. Perhaps the ailment in the game that I hate the most.
[/quote]

I *really* hate having to memorize the spells all over again.

[quote]
“Hoard, Ano,” Jan filled in, smirking. “The princess was a bit of a gold-digger, you see, and preferred not having to do any actual digging. What did you think I meant?” [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Those righteous types always seem to have their minds on one thing :roll:
[/quote]

*grin* Well, that's the way it often seems to turn out in RL, I think.

[quote]
[quote]There was gold, a couple of thousand, and some gems, though only a couple of any particular value.[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
YAY! Treasure! The best part of the whole adventuring thing! Ooooh shinyness.
[/quote]

Sparkly stuff for Eddie! :twisted:

[quote]
[quote]Something small. Something white. Something with five fingers, and an air of aggression about it as it strode towards her, balancing on its fingertips. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
Omg!! It's thing!! I really hope they aren't going to keep it...although if it attacked how would you kill a hand?[/quote]

We will see...

#26 Weyoun

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:31 PM

“Only one casualty,” Jaheira summarized, thoughtfully eyeing the enormous corpse of the Shadow Dragon. “We were lucky.”

Too bad the dragon didn't have a bigger last meal. :D

Try it anyway. :)

“Well, it depends,” Jan said, scratching his beard. “My second cousin, Otto Jansen, the burglar, he once found this princess. Lovely lass, but foul tongue when he tried to rescue her. Said the dragon was a better companion than any man she’d ever met, because it had this really large…”

turnip! :D

Turnip? :)

The Pick-axe of Despair!

No, I'm not kidding. This is actually a weapon in Silent Hill 4. :D Silly Japanese... :D

The shadows swarmed around him, even as the Shade Lord himself began casting a spell. It wasn’t one Zaerini could cast herself, but she thought she knew it. Horrid Wilting. Bad. Bad, bad, BAD!

Everybody is about to get thirsty.

When the spell passed, Zaerini drew a deep breath, supporting herself against the now deactivated altar. The Shade Lord was on the ground before her, unmoving, and seemingly quite dead. And there, on the creature’s rotting face, fingers buried deeply into the unseeing eyes, there It was. Something small. Something white. Something with five fingers, and an air of aggression about it as it strode towards her, balancing on its fingertips.

Did it flip him off? :D
TnT Enhanced Edition: http://www.fanfictio...rds-and-Tempers

---
Sith Warrior - Master, I can sense your anger.

Darth Baras - A blind, comotose lobotomy-patient could sense my anger!

---

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds" - James Randi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users