Saga of Daie d'Malkin 3- Goodness Gracious Me!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

Having packed up earlier that day, the company was on the move. Daie soon discovered that this was really no change to camp life. They talked, ate etc. The only difference was the weight. It was almost crippling, or it would have been had Raven and Maron not circulated administering strength-enhancing spells.
As they walked, Daie discovered something in turn about each of his new colleagues.
Daie asked Maron about herself, and she was open and honest, to begin with. She originally came from Icewind Dale. When asked what she was doing so far south, she told Daie that she had left Icewind Dale seeking fame and fortune down south. She seemed reluctant to share more information with an almost complete stranger, and quickly changed the subject, escaping as soon as was socially acceptable.
They stopped every hour or so for a rest, and by the end of the day had arrived at a small lake, where Raven decided to set up camp for the night.

Daie set up his tent methodically, making sure that the mosquito net was set up properly. He had been eaten alive last night, and had no intention of being a meal for the little bastards again. The sun had shone all through the day, and he was boiling under his leather armour. Still, he felt sorry for Raven, and the other’s wearing metal armour. They had most likely been cooked alive. He finished constructing his tent, threw his kit into it, and rushed over to the lake. He stripped down to his britches, then stopped…

Something felt wrong. He retrieved his longbow from where he had dropped it, and notched an arrow. He peered around the lake, looking for whatever had alerted him. He could hear a splashing, but a large rocky outcrop blocked his line of sight. He carefully walked over, and climbed the mound, his bow trained on a spot just beyond it. He arrived at the top, and lowered his bow, closing his eyes and cursing.
“Sorry Miss Raven, I didn’t know you were bathing here. I just heard a noise so…”

Raven sighed. “Firstly, call me Raven, secondly, you can look, I still have some clothes on, and thirdly, you’ve gone bright red.” She said, smiling slightly at that last comment.
Sighing, Daie opened his eyes. Raven stood in the water, wrapped in a towel. He took his arrow from the bowstring, and returned it to his quiver.
He walked down the hill, as she beckoned him down.
When he reached the foot of the mound, he stood nervously. He was acutely aware of her unclothed state, and was highly embarrassed.

She noticed. “Calm down child. Have you never seen a disrobed woman before?”
His blush spoke for itself, causing her to chuckle. “My, my, we did have a sheltered upbringing, didn’t we?”
She walked over to the shore, and stood close to him. She bent to inspect her pile of clothing, and looked over her shoulder at him.
“Daie, close your mouth. You’ll catch flies.”

Daie blushed a deeper red, and compliantly closed his mouth.
Raven motioned for him to turn around, and he did so. As she quickly dressed behind him, he felt the blood pounding in his ears. A thought rushed through his head, searching for something to connect with. ‘She’s naked, right behind you.’
The thought found something to connect with- hormones. He felt a rush inside himself, and wondered what it was.
“You can turn around now, Daie Vanya.”

Daie turned, and noticed with relief that she was fully clothed. Her dark blue tunic complimented her skin tone, and contrasted her shoulder-length white hair
He felt the rush again, and was beginning to worry. Was he coming down with some sickness? His limbs felt weak, and he was becoming increasingly light-headed.

Raven noticed his strange reaction, and a concerned look settled on her face. “Are you alright?”

The sylvan tried to answer, but his tongue felt too large for his mouth.
Raven came over, and wrapped an arm round him. Supporting him thusly, she led him back to camp, and took him into his tent.
Daie’s pulse was racing, and he found it difficult to speak. The drow woman laid him down in his tent, and performed a quick medical inspection of him. “You don’t seem ill, do you feel alright?”
“I’m f-f-fine” he stammered.
“You’re probably exhausted after that march. I forgot, a child like you won’t be used to such travail. Get some sleep, alright?”
She brushed his cheek with her hand, and left the tent.

Daie let out his breath, he hadn’t realised he’d been holding it in. He was glad she’d gone, as the strange feeling had left as she did. He lay back, and closed his eyes. She was right, he was exhausted. Perhaps if he just slept for an hour or two…..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com