Castaways of Fate: The Second Day, Exploration

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:24 AM

Dichroic bows back to the monster, returning its courtesy. She turns an interested set of blue eyes on the brilliant mountain, and her smile doesn't falter as she breaths in the heat and smell of sulfur. She misses her spell components. Perhaps she could gather some sulpher or stibnite around here, though she didn't know what processes were needed to refine them...that was an alchemy job, and no one had ever even thought of teaching her alchemy...matter of fact, if she remembered correctly, anyone who had even heard such an ambition from her lips had run away or avidly refused to disclose any such secrets to her. Even... Dichroic blinked. It felt like there had been something important she should remember, but it had slipped into the chaos of her thought tangles, and seemed lost. No matter. This was an interesting place to be, and would certainly be interesting company. She could remember another mountain like this. A great big mountain, dark stone in the cone shape, heat sizzling up out of it's mouth, lined in cherry red liquid fire, its breath enough to sear her eyebrows. Someone had shown her it...

"Wow! Let's go see the volcano!" She said.

The man with the raven speaks to her. She doesn't mind being called a child, as to his perspective, she undoubtedly is. Also, the fact that a raven is his mistress doesn't disturb her, since she'd seen humans serve tuskers. At least the bird wasn't smacking him in the head. That was probably why he was so respectful. She wondered if the other old man served the raven as well.

"Hi. My name is Dichroic. You can call me Di." She looks at the monster, smiling in facination, studying it. She knows that it's face expression is that of an intelligent being, even more intelligent than animals and most monsters. She is sure there must be other races of intelligent beings, such as the Toril-ian equivilant of Tumeroks or Lugians. "I am a human from Ispar. Well, I was originally, then I went to Dereth, and now I seem to be here." She smiled.

#102 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:29 AM

Numel smiles at her. "I am glad to meet you, Di. But with all respect, young one, this can wait. We should seek safer ground."

He will nod to Desharmon, and offer a hand to Dichroic

#103 Guest_Kelarin_*

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:02 AM

OOC: One of the worst things that can happen to Onde(and anyone near).

IC:
Onde went charging through the portal and as with Deshairmon he saw all manner of things flash before his eyes. Upon stepping outside the portal however he was not an avatar of a dead god, nor had he and his familiar exchanged places. Not at all. Instead the wild magic touched his mind. The years of insanity faded away in moments. He was left with only what had driven him there, but now was unable to retreat. His familiar was no longer a swan but was now a a small mass of stone seemingly partway through carving. As they watched the stone began flowing as liquid through shapes, a mage, a tree, a dragon, a car head, and several others before finally stopping at a life-like sculpture of a small woman no more then a foot or two high. For a moment it just stood there before saying something to the sorcerer in a rather annoyed voice. He made no response clutching his head as tears rolled from his eyes. Sobs of agony broke from his lips and still he made no answer. His sanity had somehow been returned. The stone figure explained this while laying a gentle hand on the weeping figure explaining that as his madness corrupted his magic perhaps with the return of his sanity, his magic, and possibly the portal, would now work without the effects of wild magic. It was another risk but possibly one they would have to take.

#104 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

Dichroic stood still, eyes suddenly drawn to the portal, as Onde passes through it. Her body is utterly still at first, then trembles only slightly. She feels both drawn to the energy in the portal and repelled by it. It isn't a portal like on Dereth, and it does have largly alien energy, a different tasting magic hanging in the air, but like all portals, it draws at least some energy from the virindi portal space, the place between places. She doesn't know why she is afraid of it, and she has a hazy idea that she may have lost something there. Numel's words barely override her chaotic thought tangles, who are jabbering about soul energy, portal summoning spells components, and blue eyes and well cut brown hair.

"Safe ground?" She mumbles, uncertainly.

She pulls her mind free, back to the sulpher smell in the air, the hot wind, the gently shaking ground. She locks her eyes on the here and now, hearing the swishing of the portal, and watching the shapes of his familiar change.

She watches Onde turn sane with perplexion. She comes to understand that a small sculpted woman made him insane, though is lost in a swirl of thoughts after that. If this portal could undo the powers of a small living statue woman, perhaps it could undo the powers of a traveling sourcerer human. For a moment, she could feel the hands on both sides of her head, and the odd tugging on her consciousness, like a fish nibbling fingers, and then a sensation like the digging in of nails, shaking and screaming. She fled the memory, trembling even more.

Would going through the portal cure her as well? She would be free of the clingy thought tangles, and that horrible darkness. She would be able to be accepted by strangers, for the first time since she was six years old. She would understand what mysteries they always discussed in her presence, as if she should know which bit of ground hadn't been tilled or exploded by monsters recently or why one would want to find such a safe tucked away bit of ground, since they would then endanger it by coming. She would understand what people were talking or shouting about.

Against all of her bodies' protest, against all the stirred up angry thought tangles yelling about soul shredding and married people and daughters of disturbing power, she plunged through the portal.

#105 Guest_Reality-Helix_*

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:36 AM

Maybe it'll fix me if I go through again. Hells, it can't get any worse, can it? Tymora keep me.* He hops on through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com