Castaways of Fate: The First night

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
365 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:10 PM

"Who never came?" Kane asked. He knew his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. "Every nightmare is terrifying for the person having it...my teacher always used to say that one person's dream can be another person's nightmare and I guess he was right." he dropped his voice. "I don't know how bad your dreams are, but I do know exactly how bad mine can be and I really can't deal with them just now. You don't have to worry about me not sleeping, I've gone for days without sleep before and I can do it again." He shuddered as he remembered the nights he had lain awake as a child, unable to relax, just waiting for his father to come home. "I'll be all right."

"Sarevok." She sighed. "Sarrey always comes when I call him. He explained it to me once, that because we came from the same mother that we're more closely connected than the other Children. In a way as long I live he's not truely dead because he's still with me. In my dreams Bhaal replays two things over and over again. Alianna, my mother, acting her usual way towards me. She was a cold hearted bitch, and everytime I see her I'm a child again. I'm still scared of her, and she hated me so much." She shook her head trying not to think of her. "I always see Gorion die over and over again. Always by my hand, and I always try to save him and I alway fail."

#42 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:56 PM

"Sarevok." She sighed. "Sarrey always comes when I call him. He explained it to me once, that because we came from the same mother that we're more closely connected than the other Children. In a way as long I live he's not truely dead because he's still with me. In my dreams Bhaal replays two things over and over again. Alianna, my mother, acting her usual way towards me. She was a cold hearted bitch, and everytime I see her I'm a child again. I'm still scared of her, and she hated me so much." She shook her head trying not to think of her. "I always see Gorion die over and over again. Always by my hand, and I always try to save him and I alway fail."

"Ah, Sarevok. Of course." Kane nodded, not particularly surprised by Anni's words. It was obvious to him that she had had a very deep relationship with Sarevok, very similar to what he had once had with Lucie. "My sister, Lucie, she appears in my dreams sometimes too. It's...comforting."

#43 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

"Ah, Sarevok. Of course." Kane nodded, not particularly surprised by Anni's words. It was obvious to him that she had had a very deep relationship with Sarevok, very similar to what he had once had with Lucie. "My sister, Lucie, she appears in my dreams sometimes too. It's...comforting."

"I think that's because children with bad parents tend to grow closer than others with parents that care." She smiled slightly. "Sometimes after I talk to him in my dreams, I think it's a good thing we were separated, I'll be twenty-five”-four- she corrected mentally, “this year and he still thinks that I'm just a little girl. It annoys me to no end when people think just because I'm a girl or little that I can't take care of myself."

She bit her lip before continuing. "I think I know why I get along with you so well, in a way you remind me of what Sarevok was before the taint ate away his mind. I do hope you don't take that the wrong way, that's kind of a compliment. I think that’s why I didn’t like Talek at first, because he’s like Sarevok after the taint started to eat away at him.”

#44 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

Daie leaned back, feeling the need to interject.

"I see Raven, my wife sometimes when I dream. She dies before my eyes, again and again. The worst part is that I know her death was my fault. Sometimes, in the dreams, it is me that kills her, rather than her mother. I...I do not sleep often. The reverie provides a respite from the visions."

Having said this, he let out a deep breath.

"It felt good to say that. Jaheira has been hounding me to tell her for a long time, yet it didn't seem right, not after Khalid's death. Perhaps talking to strangers could help her too?"

#45 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:03 PM

I see Raven, my wife sometimes when I dream. She dies before my eyes, again and again. The worst part is that I know her death was my fault. Sometimes, in the dreams, it is me that kills her, rather than her mother. I...I do not sleep often. The reverie provides a respite from the visions."

"It felt good to say that. Jaheira has been hounding me to tell her for a long time, yet it didn't seem right, not after Khalid's death. Perhaps talking to strangers could help her too?"

Anni snorted. "As long as Jaheira never talks to me about Khalid death, I don't care who she talks to. With my luck I would let it slip that I killed him." She looked at Daie for a long moment. "If your wife's mother killed her, how is it your fault?"

#46 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:37 AM

They are talking about guard duty, and suddenly the heat of the fire goes distant. Part of her can still feel it, but it might as well be miles away. Dichroic's breathing goes deep and soft, regular, as if dreaming, and her eyes continue to look into the fire, but she doesn't see it. Her smile stays in place.

Inside her mind, though, things boil and billow. The thought tangles pull her awareness back and the darkness rises infront of the firelight like the blackness of an eclipse of the sun. The beating of her own heart fills her mind like forboding thunder.

I should tell them. She thinks, trying to wrench herself free of the counting thought tangles, and the echoing snippets of song and parody that are blocking out the words of the conversation going on around her. She succeeds, only to be butted up against her own very solid darkness.

If they don't know, they aren't bright enough to know.

It's not that. The fact that I'm from another world camoflages the fact that I am insane.

So? I should hide behind this. It could be useful cover...hopefully long enough to get back to Asheron's protection.

I have to tell them that they can't trust me for the watch!

I don't think so. If they know, they will try to kill me, as just like those "kind old men and women" on Ispar.

They didn't try to kill me.

Chillingly bitter laughter fills her mind. Really, what would I call it, then? Did they think they were helping get rid of the bed bugs? Did they think it was bon fire time, and run out of places to have it? Were they trying to light the forge? Do tell.

No! They seemed to think the house was a witch!

Oh, but I am forgetting the whole conversation with my parents, aren't I? It's amazing how I conveniently forget things to stay happy. Do I remember them packing a bag for me quickly, after I explained the incident with that bastard of a date they set me up with? Do I remember them handing me that pack with the money, the family crossbow that I had threatened him with, quarrels and bread in it, and then telling me to run as far away as possible?

No. The memory bobbed to the surface of her mind like an apple.

Her mother and her father, grim faced, determined expressions studded with worry, pushed her out the door into the woods. They then turned and walked out to meet the marching villagers, marked by their torchlight and the hatred shining in their eyes. But she hadn't run into the woods all that far. She'd stayed between the trees to see the villagers, though they didn't see her. Men that usually merely shook their head in amusement at all her silly questions were shaking torches and shouting. They boarded up the doors and windows, despite her parents loud protests.

Did they ask me what happened? No. They took the bastard's word for it. It doesn't matter that he nearly killed me with one punch and was coming after me for another. No, they thought I deserved it, because I was crazy enough to bring up a subject he was uncomfortable with. And these were "good, kind people" or so I had thought. But then again, I think that of everyone, don't I? No longer.

No. No. She wants to disbelieve this, to claim that it isn't true, but it is. This is a very familiar memory that she hides in the darkness below her mind...only the darkness isn't down there now. It is here, and it has grown strong on painful memories.

Yes. What did they call the house?

Crazy Witch...

That too. Dichroic. They called the house Dichroic. And they burned it. Gleefully. Like a gang of kids rowdy for a night out. I should have killed them all with the crossbow. They wouldn't have know where those shots were coming from until it was too late.

No!

Enough. I want to listen to those people who I think are all just a bunch of wonderful people, fine. I'll listen from the bottom of my mind, under the constant mental tangles. The mind is a very interesting place to be, I should try it sometime. No more reveling in the sand and moon and stars and the company of people who would gut me if they knew how complicated my mind really is. The order has changed. I no longer have a place here. The darkness closes in.

No! Nooo! I won't let me! I'll fight me forever! I'll never give up!

Dichroic wrestles with herself in an even battle between her lighter awareness and her own darkness, mental tangles spinning and whirling around her like dancers. All she has to do is catch a sensation from the outside world, perhaps feeling the heat of the fire, or the moan of the night waves, or the cool breeze of wind or the sound of voices or anything to pull herself out. The darkness scoffs.

Oh, but I will give up. I want something from the outside world, fine. It won't save me. I'll see to that. Matter of fact, only a second ago I heard just the thing. Malicious laughter filled her mind.

Kane's voice says, “I was trained by an assassin, one of the greatest of that profession. His name was Benny; or Scarface as he was known to many, and it was he who trained me as a thief and a fighter. His lessons have served me well over the years and I owe him a lot, especially considering I could barely even read or write when I first went to him. And he was my friend too, a good friend.”

Why would the darkness present this to her?

Do I know an assassin? More than just a very good friend who trained me and who I owe everything? Hmm. And yet, I'm so quick to forget, aren't I? Just because of the pain. Well, I won't let me forget so easily.

A sense of very real dread fills her mind. Another memory surfaces, this one with all the weight of a whale surfacing in the ocean.

A lean young man stood in front of her. Disbelief and betrayal struggled for dominance in his light blue eyes. His ginger brown hair rested on his shoulders cut so straight an architect could take lessons. His boyish face is so painfully familiar, and she hungers for a smile. But he could not smile. He turned and walked away.

And now I can't even remember his name, can I?

From the outside, Dichroic seems to be concentrating on the glow of the fire, a medium sized smile filling her face. Slowly, and with no apparent reason, her smile withers and fades back until it is a mere upturning of the lips. Her eyes widen, then narrow.

"Marsal." She says. There is a pause, her eyes fixed firmly ahead of her, and then her lips slowly turn down, against the smile, a forced frown. Her eyes betray extreme pain. Then she yelps and falls backwards, as if she has been shot. She is unconscious but starts breathing regularly as if sleeping. Other than the sunburn, some fading purple bruising on her arms and back, some cuts on her feet, she has no injuries.

#47 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:10 AM

[/i]
From the outside, Dichroic seems to be concentrating on the glow of the fire, a medium sized smile filling her face. Slowly, and with no apparent reason, her smile withers and fades back until it is a mere upturning of the lips. Her eyes widen, then narrow.

"Marsal." She says. There is a pause, her eyes fixed firmly ahead of her, and then her lips slowly turn down, against the smile, a forced frown. Her eyes betray extreme pain. Then she yelps and falls backwards, as if she has been shot. She is unconscious but starts breathing regularly as if sleeping. Other than the sunburn, some fading purple bruising on her arms and back, some cuts on her feet, no she has no injuries.[/i]

Brynn curses under her breath and moves to Dichoric's side. She checks the woman's pulse and times her respirations, feeling her forehead with the back of her free hand. Her skin is a little warmer to the touch than Brynn thinks it ought to be, but that probably has more to do with the amount of time she has spent exposed to the sun and less to do with any illness she might be experiencing.

Brynn pauses over the bruises, wondering what might have caused them. Falls or fists? Whatever the case, Brynn is as worried about Dichoric's state of mind as she is about that of the others. She doubts that anyone in the group is completely sane, not with the Bhaaltaint in her siblings and the horrors undergone by the others.

Their suffering is just as bad, if not worse than ours, she thinks poor Daie lost his wife... Gods above, if I were to lose Yoshimo... She suppresses a shudder.

She expends another small portion of her power and heals Dichoric's cuts and wipes away the bruises and sunburn as effectively as Onyx had wiped away her own earlier. There is little else she can do for the poor woman. She knows she can't heal the rifts in her psyche like she can the physical injuries.

She picks Dichoric up and moves her a little ways away from the fire, close to where Erelle is sleeping with Vantrel's wolf. After quickly rewrapping the remains of her bandages around her torso she slips her tunic off and uses it as a pillow for Dichoric's head. She spends another moment making sure that whenever Dichoric wakes she will be comfortable and returns to her seat by the fire.

With all the fainting and nightmares going on she wonders how they will all manage to survive long enough to escape. She looks at Kane and Anni with steady eyes.

"Look, you both may not want to rest for your own reasons, and I respect that, but we're all falling apart here. Kane, you're a solid warrior and you have a great deal of common sense and survival instinct, but even someone as strong as you can't hold out against sleep deprivation for very long. You may or may not know this, but you can actually die from lack of sleep, and it's not a pretty way to go. By about the second or third day, unless you've also figured out a way to stave off the effects of sleep deprivation, you will start to experience both auditory and visual hallucinations. I don't know precisely why that is but I've read that it has something to do with the need for the human and demi-human mind to rest and cleanse itself. Whatever the case, I think that only dehydration can kill you faster than sleep deprivation. If you don't sleep you will die. If you sleep, yes, you run the risk of one of us doing something to harm you, but the likelihood of that is slim. Tomorrow you may be fine, certainly, but your reaction time will slow down and you won't be thinking straight. If you encounter danger the chance that you'll be able to fend it off shrinks in proportion to how little you've rested, and whether you believe me or not I don't want you getting killed because you're too damn stubborn and paranoid to uses the brain you were born with."

Brynn starts to be come frustrated and forces herself to relax. She engages in a quick breathing excercise while she allows her words to sink in and then turns to Anni. "Now, I think I can actually help you. There is way to fall into a sleep that is beyond dreams and I can help you get there is you'll allow me. That way you can rest and not have to worry about your nightmares. Everything I've said to Kane applies to you too, you know. Do you want me to help you or would you prefer not to try?"

#48 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:34 AM

Still listening avidly to the others while staring at the stars, after finishing his shark Onyx placed in a half-shell coconut some of the deer's fat and some water, then set it agains ta log of the fire in a place where it would get very hot but not actually be flamed.

He flinched when Di seemed to have some sort of seizure. He knelt near her, should Brynn require a second in tending to her. He palmed out some water from his coconut and sprinkled it over the fainted woman's brow, hoping to cool her a bit.

"Aye," he called back to the conscious folk in agreement with the kensai, "The heat, sun, dehydration and disorientation here, any one of these may drive a person mad. These are the worst conditions for these things, even worse than a dry desert for here we will sweat more. Water, shade, and calm are all our friends. We may know this well enough already, but such conditions by nature cause us to not notice as they set in."

On that note he took a deep swig from his coconut, offered it around, and then took the boiling half-coconut from the fire and paced down to the beach. What he had done was his best guess at a cleaning agent, heated lard and water. Not soap, but perhaps it would be better at cleaning him than mere saltwater, and as it certainly wasn't harmful (once it cooled enough), there was no reason not to experiment. He began to scrub himself with the bubbling fatty lather, then rinsing with the seawater until his body was quite clean. Lance waded in after his oppposeably-thumbed compatriot to get some needed washing as well.

#49 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:37 PM

"I think that's because children with bad parents tend to grow closer than others with parents that care." She smiled slightly. "Sometimes after I talk to him in my dreams, I think it's a good thing we were separated, I'll be twenty-five” -four- she corrected mentally, “this year and he still thinks that I'm just a little girl. It annoys me to no end when people think just because I'm a girl or little that I can't take care of myself."

She bit her lip before continuing. "I think I know why I get along with you so well, in a way you remind me of what Sarevok was before the taint ate away his mind. I do hope you don't take that the wrong way, that's kind of a compliment. I think that’s why I didn’t like Talek at first, because he’s like Sarevok after the taint started to eat away at him.”

Kane nodded. "No, I'm not going to take it the wrong way. I have no problem in admitting that Sarevok and I were alike in many ways and that's why we always got along well...at least until the very end when the taint really took him over. Though even then, he only killed me because I forced the confrontation. It was like...I got the feeling he appreciated having someone around who he could actually talk to."

"I see Raven, my wife sometimes when I dream. She dies before my eyes, again and again. The worst part is that I know her death was my fault. Sometimes, in the dreams, it is me that kills her, rather than her mother. I...I do not sleep often. The reverie provides a respite from the visions."

The warrior turned to Daie. "I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "I really am, I know how it feels to lose a loved one. But I'm sure it wasn't your fault, not really. From what I have seen and heard, too many of us blame ourselves for events that we had no real power to change, deaths that we could not have possibly prevented." He tossed more sticks on the fire, not wanting it to burn too low. "I'm no exception. It seems most of us do have a fair bit in common."

"Look, you both may not want to rest for your own reasons, and I respect that, but we're all falling apart here. Kane, you're a solid warrior and you have a great deal of common sense and survival instinct, but even someone as strong as you can't hold out against sleep deprivation for very long. You may or may not know this, but you can actually die from lack of sleep, and it's not a pretty way to go. By about the second or third day, unless you've also figured out a way to stave off the effects of sleep deprivation, you will start to experience both auditory and visual hallucinations. I don't know precisely why that is but I've read that it has something to do with the need for the human and demi-human mind to rest and cleanse itself. Whatever the case, I think that only dehydration can kill you faster than sleep deprivation. If you don't sleep you will die. If you sleep, yes, you run the risk of one of us doing something to harm you, but the likelihood of that is slim. Tomorrow you may be fine, certainly, but your reaction time will slow down and you won't be thinking straight. If you encounter danger the chance that you'll be able to fend it off shrinks in proportion to how little you've rested, and whether you believe me or not I don't want you getting killed because you're too damn stubborn and paranoid to uses the brain you were born with."

Brynn's outburst drew something of a smile from Kane, though it was gone almost as quickly as it had appeared. "Your concern is noted. Yes, I do happen to be familiar with both the short term and the long term consequences of not sleeping, but they are consequences that I am prepared to suffer if necessary. I'm not sleeping tonight, maybe I'll sleep tomorrow night or the night after, but we'll see. Eventually I know that I'll probably have to sleep, even if it's just briefly, but I'll only do it when I'm ready to and that is all I have to say on the matter."

#50 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:59 PM

Elshana lay in her hammock, staring at the moon. She could hear the others talk of lost loved ones, and she closed her eyes. Imoen . . . Her missing sister . . .

The warrior turned to Daie. "I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "I really am, I know how it feels to lose a loved one. But I'm sure it wasn't your fault, not really. From what I have seen and heard, too many of us blame ourselves for events that we had no real power to change, deaths that we could not have possibly prevented." He tossed more sticks on the fire, not wanting it to burn too low. "I'm no exception. It seems most of us do have a fair bit in common."

Elshana chuckled bitterly. "It does seem that way, doesn't it." She thought again of Imoen, taken, tortured, and imprisioned because of her. Because she was a Bhaalspawn. "But those who are truely responsible for those deaths . . . are going to die in a very painful manner." She turned over in the hammock, facing the fire. "I swore it . . ." Just like you swore so with Sarevok. And yet you pitied hiim, come the end. Will you so pity Khalid's murderer? Will you show such weakness to the one who tortured Imoen?

The thought stayed with her as she stared at the fire, not saying any more.

#51 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:08 PM

Anni snorted. "As long as Jaheira never talks to me about Khalid death, I don't care who she talks to. With my luck I would let it slip that I killed him."

An angry look flashed across his face, and he clenched a fist. Then, the look disappeared.
"No, All our worlds are different. I'm sure you had your reasons."

"If your wife's mother killed her, how is it your fault?"

The warrior turned to Daie. "I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "I really am, I know how it feels to lose a loved one. But I'm sure it wasn't your fault, not really. From what I have seen and heard, too many of us blame ourselves for events that we had no real power to change, deaths that we could not have possibly prevented."

"You are both kind, but it was my fault. I was disguised as a drow, she needed no such disguise, as we were attempting to retrieve something. Anyway, I let my guard down, and we were discovered. Her mother, the matron mother of her house discovered our marriage, and we were both tortured. She didn;t survive, I, obviously did."

He was about to add more, when he noticed the commotion beyond the fire, and saw that Di was in some form of trouble.
He rose to his feet, and leapt across the campfire. He bounded to her side, and silently observed as Brynn cared for her. As the woman walked off, he caught her by the arm, and whispered. "I'll watch her."
He then sat down next to Di, and removed the piece of Jade from his pocket. He carefully took her hand, placed the gem inside it, then closed her hand over it.

#52 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:22 PM

Anni got up and walked over to Di and Daie. She stared down at the girl, not understanding what was wrong with her. She turned to Daie and spoke to him.

"Just to make sure there aren't any misunderstandings between us, I didn't want to kill Khalid, he was the closest thing to a big brother I had besides Sarevok. I cared deeply for him. I was forced to kill him by Irenicus. Can you honestly see me telling Jaheira 'Jaheira I killed Khalid to save my own worthless hide and to protect Immy. Oh which didn't work in the end since the evil guys never keep their word?' " She shook her head. "Somehow I don't see Jaheira talking it too well. The only other person I've ever told is Edwin, Immy knows since she was forced to watch."

Anni turned away and sat back down next to Kane. She hadn't answer Brynn yet as she wasn't sure of her answer yet.

#53 Darkwolf Shadowwalker

Posted 21 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

Vantrel shook his head and leaned back, closing his eyes.

"You're all bloody crazy," he mumbled.

Never thought a bunch of Bhaalspawn could be so different from one another...

#54 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:03 PM

Talek had followed Brynn, looking rather helplessly at the girl that had fainted. He knew a few things of wounds and how to take care of them, having suffered and caused plenty of them himself, but he couldn't do anything else than look worried.

When the elf arrived, Talek stepped away. Talek shrugged as he heard all the people he didn't care much about fraternizing. He didn't really care if Kane or Anni screamed in their sleep. Personally, he usually slept well, and except a few dreams were Bhaal had bothered him, his dreams were pleasant.

Not NORMAL, but pleasant.

He went to sit against a tree, giving Anni a dry look. Malar's fangs, she was on one of those trips again. Khalid's life for Imoen's? Where WAS the difficulty in that deal? He scowled in irritation. Anni, Kane, Daie... all of them, just thinking about things they had done, rather than things they would have done. Talek preffered to think about what he WAS gonna do to Irenicus, rather than what he did to him. If he thought at all. Thinking mean trouble usually, so he usually left most of it to others, and looking at all the glum faces, it brought a grin to his face.

For all the talk of hatred bringing people down, he seemed to be the one doing pretty well at the moment. Grabbing his tunic, putting some sand it it to help make it serve as a pillow, putting it against a tree, a bit away form the fire and the others, he looked at Brynn. "Hey, if you're SURE you can do the whole 'near sleep' trick, I'm gonna catch some shut eye..." He looked at Kane. "With my sw... I mean... stick in my hand." Eyes went back to Brynn. "You need me, give a yell."

He scowled at Anni. "And if you're gonna wallow more in your self hatred, do it quietly."

No, he felt no pity for Anni. If she thought her hide was worthless, he could only agree on that. And all the guilt irritated him.

#55 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:44 PM

For all the talk of hatred bringing people down, he seemed to be the one doing pretty well at the moment. Grabbing his tunic, putting some sand it it to help make it serve as a pillow, putting it against a tree, a bit away form the fire and the others, he looked at Brynn. "Hey, if you're SURE you can do the whole 'near sleep' trick, I'm gonna catch some shut eye..." He looked at Kane. "With my sw... I mean... stick in my hand." Eyes went back to Brynn. "You need me, give a yell."

Brynn smiles and nods. "Get some rest Talek. I've done this more than once while I was adventuring."

She looks at Anni. "I've no idea why you think your actions deserve so much guilt." She says. "Irenicus was a monster. He tortured you, your friends, and he made you make a horrible choice, one friend for another. It was Irenicus that killed Khalid, no matter whose hand held the knife. Your grief makes sense, it's reasonable, as does your guilt, but keeping it all to yourself won't make things any better. Tell Jaheira the truth. She'll be angry with you at first, but your actions weren't your own."

She holds her bared wrists and forearms out for Anni to see. The firelight catches the ragged, pink scars. "Irenicus never made me make such a choice, but this is what he made of me. You don't know me very well, Anni, but this was the action of a woman made mad by torture and desperate to see it end. In the sate that I was in when I did this, if I had been given your choice I don't think I would have done any differently. I'm not saying don't grieve, but let the guilt fade. You aren't the monster. The man who made you kill a friend is."

#56 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:31 AM

Anni pulled the sleeve of her robe up to show Brynn the neat scar on her wrist that followed the vein. "I did this the night that I lost control of myself. I can face Irenicus without a problem, it's seeing Bodhi that makes me lose it. If anything she's worse than him. We had gone to the grave yard to get Edwin's Nether Scroll and when we came out she was there. I was so filled with hatred that I gave into Bhaal's power. Oh I beat the living hell out of her but she got away. Since she wasn't there for me to vent my anger on, I tried to kill everyone else. I knocked almost everyone out and went straight for Edwin first. He stabbed me and I realized what I was doing. No one talked about what had happened and we just went back to the Copper Coronet like nothing had happened. So that night I paid Bernard to place sleeping potions in their food and I waited until I was sure they were all asleep and slit my wrist."

She smiled slightly and shook her head. "Edwin didn't eat that night and I had wrote a letter to him, thinking he was asleep and wouldn't see it until that morning, but he found it and found me bleeding to death. Needless to say he wasn't happy with me, though a good thing did come of that night. I don't think anyone's had such a dramatic lead up to confessing love for each other." She laughed slightly, before frowning.

"I feel the guilt for all the deaths because I...I enjoy killing." She clenched her jaw. "I've never liked seeing people die but since Irenicus' 'treatment' it's been slowly building. Every time I kill now I can feel something inside of me yearning for more blood to be spilt. As long as I can feel the guilt and the shame, I can control it to a degree. Jaheira watches me too much and I do not put it pass her to kill me if she learn the truth of Khalid death, and later call it 'preserving nature's balance.'"

#57 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:47 AM

Anni pulled the sleeve of her robe up to show Brynn the neat scar on her wrist that followed the vein. "I did this the night that I lost control of myself. I can face Irenicus without a problem, it's seeing Bodhi that makes me lose it. If anything she's worse than him. We had gone to the grave yard to get Edwin's Nether Scroll and when we came out she was there. I was so filled with hatred that I gave into Bhaal's power. Oh I beat the living hell out of her but she got away. Since she wasn't there for me to vent my anger on, I tried to kill everyone else. I knocked almost everyone out and went straight for Edwin first. He stabbed me and I realized what I was doing. No one talked about what had happened and we just went back to the Copper Coronet like nothing had happened. So that night I paid Bernard to place sleeping potions in their food and I waited until I was sure they were all asleep and slit my wrist."

She smiled slightly and shook her head. "Edwin didn't eat that night and I had wrote a letter to him, thinking he was asleep and wouldn't see it until that morning, but he found it and found me bleeding to death. Needless to say he wasn't happy with me, though a good thing did come of that night. I don't think anyone's had such a dramatic lead up to confessing love for each other." She laughed slightly, before frowning.

"I feel the guilt for all the deaths because I...I enjoy killing." She clenched her jaw. "I've never liked seeing people die but since Irenicus' 'treatment' it's been slowly building. Every time I kill now I can feel something inside of me yearning for more blood to be spilt. As long as I can feel the guilt and the shame, I can control it to a degree. Jaheira watches me too much and I do not put it pass her to kill me if she learn the truth of Khalid death, and later call it 'preserving nature's balance.' "

"I think you're wrong about Jaheira," Brynn says. "Or you would be about the Jaheira I know. My point is less that we've suffered and more that it is that suffering that has made us, you and me both, and probably all of us here, act out of character. That you feel guilt over your actions is, to me, a sign that you don't need to make yourself suffer so much. You obviously don't like the fact that your Bhaal-blood is making you want to kill, and are frustrated with your inability to get rid of those urges. I know what that's like, and I also know that the only way I've found to help myself resist the temptation is to build up my willpower. Meditation, among other things, has helped me clear my head at times when I've been most vulnerable and prevented me from making choices I'd later regret. As I said, I'll help you learn to sleep deeply enough to avoid your dreams, I'd be glad too to teach you the techniques I've found that help control my Bhaaltaint."

#58 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:29 AM

Dichroic's bruise heals in the same way it was formed, from the inside out. As the crimson sunburn fades, it leaves a smooth light brown shade of skin. A single shiver runs through her body, but she does not wake. Her yellow hair dances on the wind as Brynn moves her farther back from the fire. The droplets of water Onyx has sprinkled roll off her face like tears, and her eyelids twitch, but stay shut. Brynn lays her down, then Daie places the almost egg shaped bit of green jade in her hand, and clamps it shut. Again, her eyelids twitch. Minutes pass. A smile spreads across her closed lips. She wakes and is on her feet, panting like she's just emerged from deep water. Her eyes dart around like startled fish, from one face to another. The smile is terrified and punctuated by very nervous laughter.

"Um, hi. Um, I must have...fallen asleep...yeah. Did I sleepwalk or anything?" She asks, looking over at Erelle. She scoots back from the girl. "Um." She looks down at the green jade in her hand, then smiles apologetically and hands it to Daie. "Um...whatever happened, I'm really sorry. Are you going to kill me?" She sits down and wraps her arms around her legs and looks up at them with a pleading half smile on her face. "What's your punishment for insanity on Toril? Will it hurt?"

#59 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:32 AM

Dichroic's bruise heals in the same way it was formed, from the inside out. As the crimson sunburn fades, it leaves a smooth light brown shade of skin. A single shiver runs through her body, but she does not wake. Her yellow hair dances on the wind as Brynn moves her farther back from the fire. The droplets of water Onyx has sprinkled roll off her face like tears, and her eyelids twitch, but stay shut. Brynn lays her down, then Daie places the almost egg shaped bit of green jade in her hand, and clamps it shut. Again, her eyelids twitch. Minutes pass. A smile spreads across her closed lips. She wakes and is on her feet, panting like she's just emerged from deep water. Her eyes dart around like startled fish, from one face to another. The smile is terrified and punctuated by very nervous laughter.

"Um, hi. Um, I must have...fallen asleep...yeah. Did I sleepwalk or anything?" She asks, looking over at Erelle. She scoots back from the girl. "Um." She looks down at the green jade in her hand, then smiles apologetically and hands it to Daie. "Um...whatever happened, I'm really sorry. Are you going to kill me?" She sits down and wraps her arms around her legs and looks up at them with a pleading half smile on her face. "What's your punishment for insanity on Toril? Will it hurt?"

Brynn's jaw drops. "There's no punishment for insanity, as far as I'm concerned and if any one here hold different ideas about the matter they'll have to come through me to harm you. You did nothing but faint. Even if you are insane you've still done nothing wrong." She stands up and lays one hand gently on Dichoric's forearm. "Get some rest, Di. Today has been rough on everyone and I think a little sleep will help you feel better."

#60 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:14 PM

Daie was struck dumb. his mouth opened and closed like a fish's.

Brynn's jaw drops. "There's no punishment for insanity, as far as I'm concerned and if any one here hold different ideas about the matter they'll have to come through me to harm you. You did nothing but faint. Even if you are insane you've still done nothing wrong." She stands up and lays one hand gently on Dichoric's forearm. "Get some rest, Di. Today has been rough on everyone and I think a little sleep will help you feel better."

Daie nodded, and growled. "Me too. Sleep now, Di. You can;t be blamed for reacting badly to today's events."
He sat back, and tucked the Jade egg into his pocket again, smiling down at Di.
He lifted his longbow onto his lap, and pulled an arrow from his belt. He laid it across the bowstring, and closed his eyes, listening to the sounds of the jungle. Something nasty was out there, and he for one had no intention of letting him or anyone else end up like Talek's dinner. Well, maybe Talek...

(OOC: No offense :twisted: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com