Castaways of Fate: The First night

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
365 replies to this topic

#361 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

Daie breathed a sigh of relief. She was okay. Thank the Moonmaiden for that.

"I feel better now, though. I'm alive, I'm awake and I just had a really good look at the forest. It's a beautiful place, and it knows how to thatch roofs. And I saw the cutest little frog." Her smile regained excitement and wonder. "And there was a bird," she said quickly. "With a lovely purple shimmer...it's call was..."

He gave her a wry grin. "That cutest little frog has enough poison to kill you several times over. And there are no life stone here, my crazy friend." He said, ruffling her hair.

I um, don't suppose you know where to find soap in the wild?" She looked at Daie and Onyx expectantly. "I was trying to be useful, but I can't seem to find it anywhere."

He laughed "You don't just find it, little one. You have to make it. I believe somebody already is. Don't worry about that. Anyway, no amount of soap will remove the smell of humans."
He gave a disarming laugh as he looked from Do to Onyx. "I was joking!"

Then her eyes landed on Daie. "Oh, and can you apologize to those trees for me," She pointed up to the trees that had exposed roots at the edge. "I sort of pulled on their toes trying not to fall." She smiled apologetically. "Hopefully I didn't hurt their feelings."

"Do not worry about the old ones, child. They've had worse. Animals climb them, birds defacate on them. On little girl pulling their toes will not anger them. But, if you wish, I shall apologise to them for you, but the impression that I get is that most trees here seem ambivalent about everything; they seem not to care."
He leaned back, and looked down at her, giving her a school-masterly gaze. "Di, do not wander off again without one of us with you. Onyx and I may not be around to aid you next time, and I am unsure whether the others would have the skill to track you. Promise not to get losted again?" He asked, changing his tone at the end, sounding much more friendly, and slightly immature.

#362 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

He gave her a wry grin. "That cutest little frog has enough poison to kill you several times over. And there are no life stone here, my crazy friend." He said, ruffling her hair.

She smiled as he ruffled her hair. A few leaves fell out. "An assassin frog! Colored like that! Wow, who'd have thought?" She smiled and looked at Daie, her eyes taking a moment to focus on his face. "Hmm... I wonder what kind of monsters we'd have if a few of those frogs get to Dereth. Based on the auroches, chickens and rabbits, they'd probably grow large and get magical powers." She smiled wider. "Hopefully these frogs stay here. Isparians have enough to worry about."

He laughed "You don't just find it, little one. You have to make it. I believe somebody already is. Don't worry about that. Anyway, no amount of soap will remove the smell of humans."
He gave a disarming laugh as he looked from Do to Onyx. "I was joking!"

"Aha! We do have a smell!" She said. "I guess I should have believed Edric on that but it's really hard to believe him when he talks about the smell of air and what a diamond smells like." She said, giggling.

"Do not worry about the old ones, child. They've had worse. Animals climb them, birds defacate on them. On little girl pulling their toes will not anger them. But, if you wish, I shall apologise to them for you, but the impression that I get is that most trees here seem ambivalent about everything; they seem not to care."
He leaned back, and looked down at her, giving her a school-masterly gaze. "Di, do not wander off again without one of us with you. Onyx and I may not be around to aid you next time, and I am unsure whether the others would have the skill to track you. Promise not to get losted again?" He asked, changing his tone at the end, sounding much more friendly, and slightly immature.

"I was just trying to be helpful. I'm usually a bit more useful than this. I can usually heal myself and others, and cast life protections and I use a crossbow. I usually pull my weight passibly, even though I'm not exactly normal. And now I've wasted one of the healing spells that could have been used on an actual person." She looked towards Onyx. "I didn't mean to fall." She focused on Onyx with guilty eyes. "I'll be good. I won't wonder off alone again, honest." She smiled apologetically.

#363 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:57 AM

(OOC: Sorry folks, didn't mean to keep anyone waiting. The end of the month is always a bear for me. Today was a nice cheerful 9-1/2 hour workday.)

But before Onyx did set off with the ranger, he found Jarran. "You have a motley group today," he said, "And the threat of gibberlings again at night. Our friends already scatter, and go about idle. More than anyone else, my friend, I have a confidence you can keep them together, and keep them productive." He smiled sympathetically at the bearded bard, and held up an open palm. "It isn't that it's your responsibility per se, but our defense and survival tonight may depend on what we do today. But survival we shall, and in time find home."

Jarran blinked. "Er, *I* have have a motley group? Oh, crud."

He looked towards the others and saw that Talek was heading his way, Anni trailing behind. "Oooooh, crud."

He thought for a long moment as the explorers left. A bit nervously, he cleared his throat and addressed the others. "While the others are exploring the island, we need to set up a place where we can safely sleep. We will need fresh water, and it should be defensible. I know we all arrived in different spots and have seen various things. I'm open to suggestions as to where we should set up a stable camp until we can find something better. With luck, we won't be here long, but... well, we just can't be sure."

#364 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:29 AM

Onyx studied the way Di sat up and moved, establishing in his own mind that her neck and back weren't injured. He exhaled. They were lucky, she was still dirty but, after what he'd already healed, otherwise fine.

"You are are an actual person," his voice was insistent and warm. Assassin frogs, he grinned, and chuckled quietly. He didn't understand half the things Di talked about sometimes, but she could be quite entertaining. "You'll pull your weight today Di. There will be much to done...and frankly, the fact that you want to help, and be productive and valuable, is the first and most important step and you're already there."

He pointed to the way he'd come down from the ravine lip, then he turned around and squatted in front of where she sat. "Speak up if moving makes you feel odd, especially your spine. Hitch a piggyback ride on me, or climb up yourself; but either way grip tight." Either way, then, he used the root-riddled slope from before to climb back up out of the ravine.

#365 Guest_Dadri_*

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:44 PM

"You are are an actual person," his voice was insistent and warm. Assassin frogs , he grinned, and chuckled quietly. He didn't understand half the things Di talked about sometimes, but she could be quite entertaining. "You'll pull your weight today Di. There will be much to done...and frankly, the fact that you want to help, and be productive and valuable, is the first and most important step and you're already there."

"I'm glad you think I'm a person." She grinned. "Yay! Just tell me what to do and I'll do my best!" She chirped.

He pointed to the way he'd come down from the ravine lip, then he turned around and squatted in front of where she sat. "Speak up if moving makes you feel odd, especially your spine. Hitch a piggyback ride on me, or climb up yourself; but either way grip tight." Either way, then, he used the root-riddled slope from before to climb back up out of the ravine.

"Yay!" She smiled and climbed on Onyx's back. A wave of vertigo washed over her, so she grabbed onto his shoulders and took a deep breath. Getting up quickly was never a good idea. "My spine is fine!" She giggled. "That's a fun phrase, I'll have to use it again sometime. I'll take all the piggyback rides I can get!" She said. "Hopefully I'm not as bad as a monkey on your back. I won't throw my own waste or make bad jestures or jump up and down or make ew ew ahhh ahh noises. Honest." She smiled. "Why do they call it a piggy back ride, anyway? Did people used to ride on the backs of pigs? Did people carry pigs on their backs... I don't think this would be a good way to position a pig, mind you, but I haven't seen a pig in...a long time." She said. "I remember that they had snouts and curly tails and ate anything!"

#366 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

Okay... first night (and morning) finished! I'm closing the thread, first linking to the new threads.

Housebuilding team: (Jarran, Talek, Anni, Erelle) http://www.gamejag.n...wtopic&p=237923
Hunting Team: (Onyx, Daie, Kane(?), Di) http://www.gamejag.n...ewtopic&t=77873
Exploration Team: (Elshanna, Brynn, Vantrel (?)) http://www.gamejag.n...ewtopic&t=77827

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com