Abrupt Awakening: Quiz 152:

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:45 PM

Abrupt Awakening

Anomen frowned. Lady Elshana was nowhere to be seen amidst the others in the room. Even in her current form, masquerading as a drow, she was still distinctive to his eyes.

“La--” He caught himself. Drow males did not use that honourific. “Jaheira?” He asked.

“Yes?” Jaheira glanced at him across the table.

“Have you seen lady – uh Veldrin?”

Jaheira shook her head. “Not since last night. I believe she may still be in her room.”

“I – I will go check on her. Considering the situation . . .” he fumbled for words. Why did the mere thought of the lady reduce him to a babbling fool? “I only wish to make certain she is alright. Considering what happened at Spellhold --”

“Yes.” Jaheira nodded. “By all means.”

Anomen headed up the stairs. The events that had transpired here had been harsh on all of them, and normally he would have left the task of drawing the lady out of her shell to her new-found sister, but he wished to speak to her himself. He took a deep breath and knocked on her door. “Veldrin?” He asked, grateful that he had remembered to use the name she had taken as a drow.

There was no response, then a muffled thump. The door lept him from clearly hearing the next few words, but inflection told him what he needed to know. Elshana could curse a blue streak wider then many bandits when the moods took her. “Veldrin – lady Elshana?” He reached for the door handle. Could she perhaps be in danger?

The door was pulled aside rather forcibly. “What – Oh.” Elshana stood there, one hand on the doorframe while the other rubbed at bleary eyes. “Hey Anomen. Something wrong?”

“I only wondered where you were.” He said. “We have been quite worried about you.”

“Uh, Anomen?” Elshana asked, raising one white brow.

“My lady?”

“Can this wait? I'm not really dressed yet.”

Anomen blinked, and stared at her. She was dressed in a simple white shift that revealed far more of her then he had ever seen before. The silk clung to her slender form, left her shoulders bare, and showed far more of her legs then -- He shook his head, stammering out apologies. “Forgive me, my lady – I meant that --”

The next thing he knew, her arms were wrapping around the back of his neck as she kissed him, pulling him into the room. His mind insisted that he brake the embrace, that this was highly inappropriate, yet, he found himself returning her kiss.

A moment later, she backed away. “Good. He's gone.”

Anomen, reeling, spluttered, “W-what?”

“The drow in the corridor.” Elshana said simply, grabbing the blanket off the bed and wrapping it around herself. “If he had heard you; well, that was the first thing I thought of to keep our cover.” She was blushing, the blood rushing to her ebony cheeks. She padded barefoot over to the door and closed it.

“My lady . . .?”

She sat down on the bed, legs curled up so that only her bare, black feet were sticking out. Her white hair spilled about her pointed ears; a few wayward strands fell in front of her face. He wanted to run his hands through her hair. I cannot believe this of myself. I must have more control, he thought. Instead, he sat on the end of the bed and tentatively reached out; brushing away the few strands in front of her face. “Look, I – I just did the first thing that came to mind, alright?” She turned her head away, and he drew back. She would not meet his gaze. “I --” She broke off whatever she was going to say, and contented herself with staring back at him. It was odd to see a drow with so many of the mannerisms he knew so well. “Uh, that is --” And then she stood up, clutching the blanket around her, and pacing the room. Then she shook her head. “Never mind. Forget that happened, alright?”

Anomen, throughly confused, managed a nod. She smiled at him, a smile that even transformed as she was, still made him smile back. “Well, I'd better get changed; if the others are waiting for me. Let them know I'll be down in a few minutes?”

“Ah. Yes, my lady.” Anomen gave her a slight bow and headed out, so as not to impeach upon her honour any more then he already had. Once outside the door, he leaned back against the doorframe. She is beautiful . . . he thought, and will be even more so when she is her true self again. I only wish I understood why she kissed me . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com