Castaways of Fate (the RP-thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
524 replies to this topic

#521 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

Daie scanned the faces of the others, recapping what he knew about his new companions.
Kane seemed the most sensible here, and most practical. He'd been adopted as the unofficial leader of the group. 'Fair enough, takes the pressure off me for once' thought Daie
Next to him, sleeping on his shoulder, was Anni. Daie hadn't talked to her yet, but she seemed alright. She hadn't tried to kill him yet, and by the standards of some present, that was a good sign.
Over, down the beach, Di was sleeping. She was the one he's spoken to most, and the one he got along with best. She seemed slightly wary of him, always alert when she asked questions, as if she expected him to strike her. Her casual talk of dying and resurrection had unnerved him, and opened his mind to new possibilites, not least of which was perhaps trying to reach this world, and resurrect Raven, his late wife.
Bringing his mind back from that pit of despair, he continued his previous line of thought. He found Di's never ending questions refreshing, and her attempt to cheer him up had touched him. As he sat alone here, and the reality of their situation hit him, he felt the despair well up within him, and he leapt to his feet, and shook his head vigourously. "Not going down that road again" he muttered furiously.
He began to pace around, still thinking about the others, until his roving eye came to rest on Jarran. Another of the others he considered amiable, he was worried about the wary glances the beared bard was casting his way.
Daie walked over, and crouched next to him.
"You wish to know of my involvement with Irenicus and Bohdi? I am willing to tell you if it will ease your fears, though, truth be told, it is not a story I enjoy recounting."

#522 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

As she thought she would, Brynn sees the campfire as soon as they have a more or less straight line down the beach to the camp. She sees when they get closer that some people are asleep, so she doesn't announce their approach loudly. She doesn't sneak up either though. Better not to risk a surprised reaction.

Daie and Jarran are hunkered down in conversation, Kane sits by the fire, and Vantrel. Vantrel sits quietly and his wolf lies curled up next to the sleeping Erelle. Dichoric is also asleep and after a little looking, she sees Talek and a stranger further down the beach, faintly illuminated by the fire and the moon.

She waves as soon as her group comes into view. "Sorry for taking so long," she says, crouching by the fire. "We didn't get very far, but we did stop and kill a shark. We can cook some of it tonight and then smoke the rest of the meat to keep it. We also found another source of clean water, just beyond the one you guys found earlier. There's also place not far beyond that where, when the tide goes out there's sort of a lagoon. We can fish there when the water level is down, and if we leave the guts and stuff there it will attract more fish and sharks that will get caught there."

She unloads the shark from Lance's back and places it on an open piece of sand a decent distance from the camp. After that she gets a few pieces of wood and brush from just beyond the trees and clears a fire pit to give her light to work by. She uses a stick from the main fire to light her smaller one, and once it is going she sets the extra wood she collected aside for later use. By the light of her small fire she uses a small, hard stone to knock a few chips off of her obsidian so that she has something that will allow her to butcher the shark more effectively and sets to work.

I'll finish this, she thinks, then I'll set up something to smoke the meat and let the rest cook. I should probably try and boil some seawater to get salt to help preserve it too.

#523 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:26 PM

Elshana helps Brynn unload the shark, and then starts knotting her mesh hammocks together again. Toying with the idea of snares, she dismisses it for this night. With people not awake, I wouldn't want someone here to trip a snare by leaving camp. Aside from the obvious problems, it would likely re-ignite hostilities.

After finishing two of the hammocks, she strings them between trees. Almost everyone seems asleep, so she simply clambers into one and leaves the other one free. "G'night." She calls out to Brynn and Oynx. After a moment, she sees that Brynn is still gutting the shark. Scrambling forward, she smiles. "Want a hand? it'll go faster."

#524 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:01 PM

http://www.gamejag.n...p=234150#234150

Thread continues here.

#525 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:02 PM

(See new thread)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com