Castaways of Fate (the RP-thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
524 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:24 PM

"I'll stare wherever I'll bloody WANT to! So BACK OFF!" Talek snarled at Kane, over the half elf girl's shoulder. His fists were balled, his teeth bared and he looked ready to attack. "I've stepped in some bastard wizard's chalk drawings and I woke up here! I don't have a bloody CLUE what's going on, but I know that I'm hot, thirsty and bloody PISSED OFF so I'm about ready to start shedding blood, so don't give me anymore cra..."

His rant was suddenly interrupted.

"Candlekeep? Huh? I've never seen YOU at Candlekeep!" He looked at Elshana. "How old are you anyway?"

He then scowled at the human. "As for my name. It's Talek, Talek Gorionson."

#22 Guest_Slide_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

Harrian let out another loud and vehement swear-word. "So, wait, you two are both from Candlekeep and you... Talek, is it? Is the son of Gorion." He kicked a nearby pebble out into the ocean, and waved his hands in the air. "Isn't that just bloody brilliant!" More swearing, then he turned back to the group, a good deal more composed, smiling a rather forced smile.

"Pleased to meet you all. The name's Harrian Corias, of Candlekeep, ward of Gorion the sage. Now, all of you wave at your counterpart from some alternate reality. Or the demon that's mocking you. I'm too confused to make a judgement call, really."

#23 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:45 PM

Talek scratched his head. The more he heard, the more confused he got. "Huh?" He spoke to the swearing Harrian. "What do you mean 'alternate reality thingy? Who's a demon? Your foster father is called Gorion the Sage too?"

He rubbed his eyes. "I'm getting a headache. Look, screw all this. We need to find out where we are somewhere, so I can go back to the guys to save Imoen."

#24 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

"Candlekeep? Huh? I've never seen YOU at Candlekeep!" He looked at Elshana. "How old are you anyway?"

She stepped forward, her hands balled --"What do you mean --" but broke off at hearing his name. "Gorion's Son? Gorion never had a --"

The newcomer swore. "So, wait, you two are both from Candlekeep and you... Talek, is it? Is the son of Gorion."

"But --" Elshana began. The newcomer put on a smile.

"Pleased to meet you all. The name's Harrian Corias, of Candlekeep, ward of Gorion the sage. Now, all of you wave at your counterpart from some alternate reality. Or the demon that's mocking you. I'm too confused to make a judgement call, really."

Elshana blinked, then sat down hard in the sand. "I think you -- that is --" This made her head spin.

"What do you mean 'alternate reality thingy? Who's a demon? Your foster father is called Gorion the Sage too?" Talek asked, frowning.

"Alright." Elshana said, climbing to her feet. "I don't even want to think about if anyone is a demon." The last thing we need is people going for each other's throats. "And yes, my father was Gorion." Absently, she wondered if Brynn was involved in this mess too. Could she be a fourth -- whatever . . .?

"I'm getting a headache. Look, screw all this. We need to find out where we are somewhere, so I can go back to the guys to save Imoen." Talek said.

Elshana raised her brows. "You know Imoen? -- No wait --" she broke off with a shake of her head --"now's not the time to debate that either. The point's clearly seconded, though. We've got to find a way to get back to where we're all supposed to be." She glanced around the group. "I'm guessing we can all agree on that, at least?"

#25 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:56 PM

"Look." The half-elf girl, the one who called herself Elshana said. She had guts, Kane had to give her that. "One: I wasn't staring at anything, I was looking at you -- there's a difference." She tossed her head. "Two: My name's Elshana of Candlekeep. Three: I have utterly no clue." She raised a black brow. "Satisfied?"

Kane shrugged. "Yes," he said shortly. "And you," he growled at Talek, "I am in a really bad mood right now, so you back off or I swear you'll regret it!" And then suddenly he paused. "Gorionson?" he repeated. "As in the...son of Gorion?"

He went pale as Harrian, who so far seemed the only half decent one of the group, introduced himself. "Pleased to meet you all. The name's Harrian Corias, of Candlekeep, ward of Gorion the sage. Now, all of you wave at your counterpart from some alternate reality. Or the demon that's mocking you. I'm too confused to make a judgement call, really."

"Are you telling me," Kane said slowly. "That you are all from Candlekeep? That you are, somehow or other, all the wards of that...that bastard of a wizard, Gorion? Oh, this is just great, absolutely bloody wonderful."

#26 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:15 PM

Talek heard both Kane and Elshana. "Hey, I'm not of his blood, but for all I care, he IS still my father!"

His headache was increasing. Gods, he wished Imoen was here, or Viconia, or Edwin, or Montaron or ANYONE he knew. This whole mess had something complicated about it, and Talek wasn't good at complicated things. He wished someone would show him who he who he needed to start beating to get home, or what else to do.

He needed something simple to do, something to get his mind off this problem while the smarter ones figured out what to do.

And then Kane insulted Gorion.

Talek didn't think. "What did you say about Gorion?" He snarled, a hand reaching out, intended to grab the unknown human by the front of his clothes.

#27 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:24 PM

Kane took a step back and knocked Talek's hand away. "Watch yourself," he warned. "I don't need my weapons to do damage, as you'll see if you don't back off now! I speak only the truth, the four years I spent with that miserable old man were among the worst bloody years of my life."

#28 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:33 PM

Anni stood staring at Auren but was distracted as soon as they heard yelling. Anni not being known for her attention span forgot about the other woman and went towards the sounds. She saw more people standing in front of her and hoped maybe they could help her. As she got nearer she could hear all of them arguing. She heard them meation Gorion and then the one human insulted him. Without thinking she picked up a rock and threw it at Kane hitting him in the back of his head.

"Watch what you say about Gorion!" She yelled at him.

#29 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:34 PM

Talek snarled. "I'm gonna rip your bloody LUNGS OUT, you dirty bag of shit!!" He brought his hand back in a fist to strike at the other man.

(OOC: NOW would be a good time for someone to show diplomatic skills.)

#30 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:02 PM

Kane sighed. He longed for a fight, some way to release all his frustrations, but he knew that it really wasn't the time. So he stood where he was, waited for Talek to take a swing at him and then quickly grabbed the other man's wrist and pushed him back as hard as he could. "You're really pushing my patience," he said dangerously. "I'll say it one last time, back off!"

"And you," He looked round at Anni, though he was careful to stay aware of Talek's movements. The rock hadn't done any more than startle him, but that was beside the point. "I'll say what I like about Gorion, or anyone else, for that matter. And I don't care what any of you think, I stopped caring what people think about me years ago."

His voice lost the agressive tone. "I'm Kane Theaza, a warrior and mercenary from Athkatla, former Shadow Thief. I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you all, but I'd be lying, so I won't."

#31 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:19 PM

Anni rubbed the back of her neck and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, I have a habit of acting before I think sometimes." She walked over to the group but kept enough distance in case she needed to run. "Normaly I wouldn't have done that but I'm in a really bad mood, I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for one of Edwin's stupid potions! I am so going to hurt him when I get back."

#32 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:16 PM

"That you are, somehow or other, all the wards of that...that bastard of a wizard, Gorion? Oh, this is just great, absolutely bloody wonderful."

Elshana felt her teeth baring as this man insulted Gorion. Talek beat her to the actual words. "What did you say about Gorion?" He snarled.

"Watch yourself. I don't need my weapons to do damage, as you'll see if you don't back off now! I speak only the truth, the four years I spent with that miserable old man were among the worst bloody years of my life." The other man said.

Elshana balled her hands and took a step towards him. "You dare --" and swallowed the rest of the sentence as a rock struck him on the back of the head. "Watch what you say about Gorion!" A new woman shrieked.

"I'm gonna rip your bloody LUNGS OUT, you dirty bag of shit!!" Talek yelled.

"Wait!" Elshana cried. It would do no good if they started brawling on the beach.

When Talek took a swing at the other man, he grabbed Talek's fist. "You're really pushing my patience," he said dangerously. "I'll say it one last time, back off!" Elshana glared at him, but said nothing.

"And you,"He turned to the newcommer, the girl who had thrown the rock. "I'll say what I like about Gorion, or anyone else, for that matter. And I don't care what any of you think, I stopped caring what people think about me years ago."

As he turned back to them, Elshana flashed a smile at the newcomer, a young woman with long hair, dressed in a mage robe. She completely understood the sentiment.

"I'm Kane Theaza, a warrior and mercenary from Athkatla, former Shadow Thief. I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you all, but I'd be lying, so I won't."

"Well, fine then!" Elshana said, no longer that angry with him. "You can't expect it to be a pleasureable meeting when you insult almost everyone else in the area, though," she said dryly, raising both brows.

"Sorry, I have a habit of acting before I think sometimes." The newcommer said again, rubbing at the back of her neck, looking sheepish. "Normaly I wouldn't have done that but I'm in a really bad mood, I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for one of Edwin's stupid potions! I am so going to hurt him when I get back."

"Edwin?" Elshana asked, taking a liking a bit more to this woman. She seemed a bit more reasonable then Kane, at least.

*As reasonable as anyone will be in this situation, mistress.* Numel added. Elshana sighed.

"So you know --" She shook her head. "Sorry. Now isn't the time to indulge my curiousity, huh? So who're you?" She finished with a forced smile, all the while keeping an eye on Kane.

#33 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

"So you know --" She shook her head. "Sorry. Now isn't the time to indulge my curiousity, huh? So who're you?" Anni smiled at Elshana.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Anni of CandleKeep." She looked Elshana over, she had seen that she had known Edwin's name. Anni couldn't help to wonder. "You know Edwin don't you? Or maybe someone else with the same name? My Edwin's hard not to miss, tall, dark hair, nosering, bright red robes and wears an amulet he never takes off even during -" Anni's face turned bright red. "Ah, too much information there. Sorry."

#34 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

Daie woke up slowly, drifting lazily from sleep to conciousness. The first thing he noticed was a pounding head ache, equally matched by the turmoil in his stomach. It felt like he'd eaten some small and furry. Probably Boo. He rose to his feet, clutching his head, and looked around. Not good. His gaze revealed tall, oddly shaped trees with some kind of nut hanging from them, and behind him, an endless blue sea.
"Why do I think I'm not in Amn anymore?" he muttered.
He looked down at himself, to check he was still intact, and gasped as he noticed that his scabbard and sword weren't hanging from his belt as per usual.
"My moonblade! What in the hells is going on here?"
He knew it would take powerful magic to seperate an elf from his moonblade, and began to feel slightly afraid. He noticed his cloak was missing too, leaving him standing in a black linen suit, the one that Raven had bought him all those years ago, along with a pair of hideouly expensive kidskin boots.
He realised that he had nothing but the clothes he stood in, and that he was stranded in a strange country with a killer hangover, and wrung his hands in despair.
He stopped, and stared at his hands in horror.
His wedding ring was missing. His wedding ring from his late wife, Raven.
This had got beyond a joke.
"My ring." he snarled. He resolved to discover what had happened here, then tear the perpatrator limb from limb.
The cooling breeze carried the sound of people to his keen ears. An arguement was raging nearby.
He turned towards the sound, and began to resolutely march towards the people, his blood boiling...

#35 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:23 PM

"I don't give a ogre's fart for your name, ass!" Talek snarled. His right fist uncurled, grabbing Kane's arm, pulling a it to bring him out of balance. Now it was Talek's left fist that was brought back for a strike. "except maybe to put it on your tombstone!"

He then heard Serena's cry. His eyes wide in rage he looked at her. "He insulted Gorion! I'm gonna beat him till he stops breathing!"

Still, he paused. Travelling with smarter companions, Talek had learned preciously little, but at least had acquired the habit to wait when people screamed 'wait'... sometimes.

(OOC: So... open invitatio

#36 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:50 PM

Daie came across the people, and stopped, hiding behind a rock. He was livid about his situation, and especially the theft of his ring. that simple silver band was the most precious thing he owned, and he would rather die than give it up. So to wake with it missing. Murders would ensue.
Still, he was still sensible enough to realise that attacking a group of unknown strangers without scoping them out first would land him dead.
He watched the arguement escalate, with insults flying in all directions, and realised that it would end in violence if something wasn't done soon.
He decided that magic would probably suffice, and reached inside his own mind, feeling for the magic. To his surprise, it didn't come. He leant down, and touched the ground, and tried again. Still it wouldn't come. He didn't understand, he was in contact with bare earth, yet his magic was denied him.

#37 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:00 PM

"Well, fine then!" Elshana said, no longer that angry with him. "You can't expect it to be a pleasureable meeting when you insult almost everyone else in the area, though," she said dryly, raising both brows.

Kane actually smiled faintly at that. She definitely did have guts, and he could respect that. "All right," he looked round at them all. "Look, I never had a good relationship with Gorion and I'm not going to pretend that he was my favourite person, but you guys obviously did and perhaps I shouldn't have badmouthed him like that. I'm -"

He was forced to break off as Talek gaved his arm and raised his fist again. "All right, you stupid maniac," the warrior growled, his patience finally coming to an end. "If you want a fight, I'll show you!"

The cry of "Wait!" made him, as well as Talek, stop in his tracks.

#38 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:33 PM

Daie stepped into the clearing. "You speak of Gorion? How do you know of him?"
He stared at the sea of confused faces, and continued "Gorion is..was a friend of mine. I travelled with him for many moons, before his death. How do you all know him?" He frowned "And what do you k now of this place. And where are my belongings? What have you done with my ring?"

#39 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:52 PM

Talek didn't turn his eyes away from Silver, his body still ready to engage in violence at moment's notice. "We know crap at all, elf. Ask... euh... Harrian there. He seemed to have some kind of clue. Something with demons and alternate doohickeys. Me, I'm waiting for a good reason not to give this guy a shallow grave!"

He pulled his hands back, staying in a fighting stance, but breaking the mutual grip. Talek still felt the anger burning through him, but Serena's call had caused it to lose its momentum. Kane's soothing words further caused the rage to fade to anger.Still, the next word could set him off again. "Gorion is your foster father too, right?" He asked the other people that had known Gorion behind him. "Am I supposed to let this scumbag get away with insulting him?" He made a disgusted sound in his throat. "I guess you guys know what you're doing, but I say we finish him off here and now!"

#40 Guest_Daie_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:01 PM

Daie snarled at the impudent man. "I'll give you one. Lay a finger on him, and I'll remove it. Answer my question, what do you know of Gorion? He never mentioned anyone resembling you when I knew him, yet you seem to have been close to him. Why?"
He moved to stand between the men, his hands raised, preparing to attempt to summon his magic yet again. He prayed that it would work this time, or he might regret his actions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com