The RP OOC thread. Please post here before posting in IC

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:46 PM

Yep, the suggestion was that familiars are/animal companions travel with you.

A thought. Once our characters start meeting and having conversations, how do we arrange that? Everyone saying a sentence and then letting the other one answer would be a bit slow. (except for the parts were some people say a lot) So I'd suggest that people arrange among each other the general line of a conversation (Example: Talek and Kane talk about Edwin and start arguing when Talek finds out Kane abandonned him) and then one of them (or both of them each a art) write the actual post, with the consent fo the other character. Of course, that works best when you have a bit of feeling with each other's characters, but we can help each other out a bit.

Another thought: As much as our characters are attached to some of their toys, wouldn't it be fun if the weapons we DO get are of the 'trash heap' kind? Chipped Katana's, rusty bastard swords, faded spellbooks with only a few cantrips legible. And yet here, those things our characters usually would hardly deign to touch would be treasures.

Just a suggestion, if people prefer to retrieve their usual tools, we can do that too.

#42 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:32 PM

The other option is that simple responses can be written by one poster, but longer responses be written by whomever's character, if that makes any sense. So if a character is simply going to answer 'yes', the that's fine to write. But if the question/comment calls for a longer answer, turn it over to the character's controller.

#43 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:01 PM

The other option is that simple responses can be written by one poster, but longer responses be written by whomever's character, if that makes any sense. So if a character is simply going to answer 'yes', the that's fine to write. But if the question/comment calls for a longer answer, turn it over to the character's controller.

*nods* That sounds like the best way. Heh, I wouldn't mind if someone did write a longer response for Kane, so long as they kept him in character and I would soon point out if he wasn't, but the thought of trying to write a long response for most of the other characters here terrifies me. :wink: I always worry when working with other people's creations.

Just a suggestion, if people prefer to retrieve their usual tools, we can do that too.

I think it'd be really funny to give our characters 'trash heap' kind of weapons, but I suspect Kane will get really, really annoyed if he isn't reunited with his precious longsword sooner rather than later. :) Everything else he can do without, but that weapon is really important to him and I doubt he'll be able to relax until he's got it back. :)

#44 Guest_Clight_*

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:08 PM

I'm beginning to get intrigued by this idea too, especially in connection with an alternate universe thingy I'm developing.

#45 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

Heh, feel free to hop aboard Clight. We should get some life at the party anyhow. I assume the analytical Clight will be stepping up to the plate?

Hmmmm, I'm impatient to have some Bhaalspawn (and other people) meet each other already. Bah, we should already form smaller groups anyway I guess. And there isn't that much fun in strolling along a beach on your own. I'll just have Talek see someone in the distance. Anyone feels up to meeting him, feel free to see him too.

Oh, and...

So far not one of his creations had worked, so far the worst side affect had been her throwing up in the morning for a week, causing her to have a very very embarrassing talk with Jaheira.

made me laugh out loud...

#46 Guest_IriaZenn_*

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:28 PM

[quote name="Rand Al'Tor"]
[quote]
Oh, and...
[/quote]

[quote]
[quote] So far not one of his creations had worked, so far the worst side affect had been her throwing up in the morning for a week, causing her to have a very very embarrassing talk with Jaheira. [/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
made me laugh out loud...[/quote]

Thanks!

#47 Guest_theacefes_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:21 AM

Yay! *hugs doggie* Something new!

I WANNA PLAY *clears throat* I mean...Auren says she wants in.

:wink: :)

#48 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:39 AM

Heh, great! Populate the island some more! Currently reading A Raven's Tale. This thing is the perfect excuse for me to get familiar with some stories I don't know yet.

#49 Guest_The Blue Sorceress_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:35 AM

*nods* That sounds like the best way. Heh, I wouldn't mind if someone did write a longer response for Kane, so long as they kept him in character and I would soon point out if he wasn't, but the thought of trying to write a long response for most of the other characters here terrifies me. :wink: I always worry when working with other people's creations.

Hmm... I'd almost go slow but steady and wait for each person to do their own response. Just make each post as meaty as possible so that yes/no answers won't be needed as much.

I think it'd be really funny to give our characters 'trash heap' kind of weapons, but I suspect Kane will get really, really annoyed if he isn't reunited with his precious longsword sooner rather than later. :) Everything else he can do without, but that weapon is really important to him and I doubt he'll be able to relax until he's got it back. :)

Amen.

Brynn wouldn't care much is she found a pair of chipped and rusty katanas so long as they weren't -hers- that had some how gotten chipped and rusty. If they were....

God help the innocent bystanders.

#50 Arcalian

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:01 AM

Okay, I think Adrian might get in on this...I can see him getting a sudden headache and blacking out, arriving on the island minus his drow glamour but with his soul restored.

Adrian would be cautiouly neutral, and not OVERTLY hostile, but would give the usual withering sarcastic answers to stupid questions. His main objective, however, would be to GET OUT. So he would come, yes. I'm just not sure how long he'd stay. I can see him getting along relatively well with Peri or Laska or Jade, I think, should any of them be there.

I'm assuming our normal fiction posts would continue uninterrupted.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#51 Guest_Noelani_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:21 AM

Interesting....truly a shame I haven't got any Bhaalspawn characters developed.

At present, all I have are a young Calimpanni 1/1sorcerer/thief who would have to find an owner ASAP, an anti-social half elf Druid(no fighter levels) loosley based on Jahiera, and a gnomish thief/cleric who acts like a mothering old aunt as cover for her "Temple raider of Olidimmara" levels. The gnome is the only high-level one of the lot.

Think any of them would be accepted on your little island retreat?

#52 Guest_Clight_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

Heh, feel free to hop aboard Clight. We should get some life at the party anyhow. I assume the analytical Clight will be stepping up to the plate?

Your memory surprises me, but the character might be somewhat changed after what had happened. Also, it's going to take a while for me to figure that out, first.

#53 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:22 AM

Okay, I think Adrian might get in on this...I can see him getting a sudden headache and blacking out, arriving on the island minus his drow glamour but with his soul restored.

Adrian would be cautiouly neutral, and not OVERTLY hostile, but would give the usual withering sarcastic answers to stupid questions. His main objective, however, would be to GET OUT. So he would come, yes. I'm just not sure how long he'd stay. I can see him getting along relatively well with Peri or Laska or Jade, I think, should any of them be there.

I'm assuming our normal fiction posts would continue uninterrupted.

Yeah, this is entirley outside of continuity. Mind you, most people here are Pre-Spellhold, so Adrian would have a bit more info than the others if he's post spellhold, but if it's important that he's from afterwards, I don't mind.

Heheh, Talek, Kane and Adrian together in one continuity. I always wondered what THAT would lead to.

Of course, EVERYONE on the island is very eager to get off.

#54 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:29 AM

Interesting....truly a shame I haven't got any Bhaalspawn characters developed.

At present, all I have are a young Calimpanni 1/1sorcerer/thief who would have to find an owner ASAP, an anti-social half elf Druid(no fighter levels) loosley based on Jahiera, and a gnomish thief/cleric who acts like a mothering old aunt as cover for her "Temple raider of Olidimmara" levels. The gnome is the only high-level one of the lot.

Think any of them would be accepted on your little island retreat?

Sure. The levels can always be fudged. (Talek ACTUALLY is just at the bandit camp right now.) so feel free to pick. If you pick the druid or the cleric, as soon as he'd regain his/her holy symbol, he'd ve very much in demand, as none of the other characters has healing powers, and there's no shop for healing potions.

(Of course, having our characters actually have to SUFFER their wounds instead of rushing to the nearest cleric/druid might be fun as well. :))

Take your pick!

#55 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:35 AM

Your memory surprises me, but the character might be somewhat changed after what had happened. Also, it's going to take a while for me to figure that out, first.

Heh, mostly been digging through the archives and getting a feel for the characters I'm not so familiar with yet.

#56 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:18 PM

:) It's obvious Kane has followed the Oddeiseron school of diplomacy.

#57 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:36 PM

A quick question: what's the ruling on the Bhaalspawn abilities?

#58 Guest_Rand Al'Tor_*

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:40 PM

I would think that they'd be in, though I've kept Talek's most prominent Bhaalspawn ability absent so not to spoil matters.

#59 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:58 AM

Is it too late for Jarran to sneak in? If nothing else, he can provide some musical entertainment. :D

#60 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:54 AM

Wow, we're collecting a following! Great fun! The more the merrier, I figure! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com