Quiz Description: Choose Your Companions Wisely...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jaime_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 02:42 AM

This quiz is brought to you by Jaime Lannister, a guest character from George R. R. Martin's awesome novels in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. If you haven't yet read them, you're in for a treat. :)

Leo

Jaime Lannister: Some will call me a villain, some will be gentler. Mayhap Cersei, my dear sister, will laugh when she learns that I am stuck hosting this quiz. But since I lost my sword hand, there is nothing better for me to do. Besides we recently got a cable, here at the Red Keep. So go on, write something up, I need some distraction.

Choose Your Companions Wisely...

Posted Image
"Choose your companions wisely…" said the great philosopher Minsc of Rasheman. However, as it happens adventurers oft have not much choice whom to travel with. I remember for myself travelling with that annoying wench, Brienne of Tarth. How I hated her guts! Yet I somehow felt compelled to jump down into the bear pit to save the cow of a woman. Go figure.

Now, pleasant memories aside, the goal of this quiz is to herd together THE MOST "ill-conceived" adventuring company ever and see how they’d do. Will they kill each other, become friends or maybe even fall in love?

Let us have yet another enjoyable fortnight and reading the Attic, and while you are at it, please, do not hesitate to let me know what is:

a. funniest,
b. scariest, and
c. most romantic

ON topic story for this quiz!

I warn you: if you'd not do that than you'd have to be satisfied with my judgement when the time comes!

#2 Guest_Liz_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 03:05 AM

Cool! I have a feeling I'm going to like this one. :) And I really will try to post something on-topic, although I may not, being busy with EoTS version 2.0...

#3 Laufey

Posted 27 January 2003 - 04:23 AM

Oh, I have, I have, and I love them! :) And you, Ser Jaime, just happen to be one of my favorite characters of that series. Love the pic, by the way.

Seven Hells, that's pleasent to hear. Here is what you call link to other portraits done by talented artist, Amok

http://amoka.net/eng...oiaf/index.html

Hm...I don't know about 'most' but I think I've at least partially achieved that goal already. Certainly plenty of bickering going on. Great topic anyway, and my welcome goes out to you, Ser Jaime.

Thank you, most gracious Lady.
Rogues do it from behind.

#4 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:37 AM

Jaime Lannister: Some will call me a villain, some will be gentler. Mayhap Cersei, my dear sister, will laugh when she learns that I am stuck hosting this quiz. But since I lost my sword hand, there is nothing better for me to do. Besides we recently got a cable, here at the Red Keep. So go on, write something up, I need some distraction.

But it would be a pleasure to keep you distracted. :)

Robert the Red: I'm sorry for your hand. Which one, was it?

Fiery Fury: Not everyone duel-wields swords...

Robert: Well, I'm still sorry for your hand. Was it the left hand, cause it looks like the left hand...

That is the portrait from the past. I have lost my sword hand, which was right hand.

Choose Your Companions Wisely...

Posted Image
"Choose your companions wisely…" said the great philosopher Minsc of Rasheman. However, as it happens adventurers oft have not much choice whom to travel with. I remember for myself travelling with that annoying wench, Brienne of Tarth. How I hated her guts! Yet I somehow felt compelled to jump down into the bear pit to save the cow of a woman. Go figure.

Er...I...uh, never really thought Minsc as a philosopher, but okay.

Robert: Ugh! I feel for you. My teacher/trainer's daughter can be such a nag! She demands this and that and...!

Relsi Trenth: And what else does this daughter do to make you not like her?

Robert: Er...I never said I never liked her as a sister...

Relsi: But I recall you once said 'to love another like a sibling is to hate them'.

Robert the Red: Uh...don't start hurling those potions at me!

Now, pleasant memories aside, the goal of this quiz is to herd together THE MOST "ill-conceived" adventuring company ever and see how they’d do. Will they kill each other, become friends or maybe even fall in love?

Robert: Hey, battering ram!

Eril Fal: What is that suppose to mean?

Robert: What? It's not suppose to mean you're not some mindless brute as strong as a giant...

Eril: Hey!

Robert: What?

Eril: *Grumbles something about a certain ranger thinking too much about himself*

Let us have yet another enjoyable fortnight and reading the Attic, and while you are at it, please, do not hesitate to let me know what is:

a. funniest,
b. scariest, and
c. most romantic

ON topic story for this quiz!

I warn you: if you'd not do that than you'd have to be satisfied with my judgement when the time comes!

Okay. Simple enough.

Fiery Fury-still a bit confused about the topic.

I am glad to hear from you and I shall look forward to your story, whichever character will be in the next Chapter.

#5 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 06:33 AM

Ah! An infamous Lannister person himself to show in the Attic. Gosh, wonder boy, why did not you bring Queen Cersei along? I thought you guys were unseparable. :)

As you can probably guess I am a Targaryen patriot. Long live Queen Daenerys and death to the Lannisters of all colors and sizes!

Nevertheless - I like the topic of your quiz, and although I cannot promise to yeild anything on topic I will definitely contribute.

Cheers!

#6 Guest_Silver_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 08:12 AM

Well I don't know about single stories, but I get the feeling that a few chapters of Choices and Consequences will be on-topic this fortnight, since the group in that will be ill-matched. Although the most ill-conceived group ever might be pushing it a little far. :)

*laughs* Great idea for a topic!

Silver

#7 Guest_No One of Consequence_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 10:49 AM

They may call you a villain now, Jaime, but I have a sense that the call of the white cloak may draw you back to the honour you longed as a boy.

That being said of course, your sister deserves to die!

#8 Guest_Broken Phoenix_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:36 PM

*bows to our host* Well met sir, though I cannot say I know you, either by myself or from stories...

*looks at topic*
Ooh, I might just bring out The Six again :oops: at least they're on topic as a group.

Mazzy: I must protest! I am not odd! I'm a shining example of justice and righteousness! -- though I must apologize in advance for the behaviour of my companions...

Rozmar: Huh? Why?

Mazzy: Stop talking in our heads!

Rozmar: Sorry.

Bored beholder: Oh, I can feel it coming, all the stupid jokes about us not seeing eye to eye... Ha ha. Yeah. Well, I'm already laughing my head off.

Sylph: You don't have a head...

Bored beholder: Fine, rub it in, you purple-painted little midget.

Sylph: HEY! I'm not painted, I'm tattooed!

Cespenar: Cespenar think *both* of your mouths are too big, but whose is he to say... Cespenar's always just a sidekick.

Corky: Be that as it may, what am I supposed to make for diner? Even master cooks don't know what to serve to four halflings, an imp and a beholder... 't would be easier if you were all mind flayers.

Beholder: That's not funny.

#9 Guest_Jaime_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:38 PM

Greetings to you, my Lady. A story would be welcome.

#10 Guest_Jaime_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:46 PM

Cersei is currently indisposed. I am sure that we can put aside our differences bout Aerius for a week or two?

#11 Leo

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:47 PM

They may call you a villain now, Jaime, but I have a sense that the call of the white cloak may draw you back to the honour you longed as a boy.

That being said of course, your sister deserves to die!

Oh, does she? I heard some rumors of a certain new point of view character in the fourth book. :oops:

Leo

#12 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:56 PM

Well, being a patriot of the Queen Across The Water is pretty "safe", all things considered: Dany's probably the only character guaranteed to survive until book six :oops:

#13 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:42 PM

I never though about it this way - I just like her personality. I generally do like sensual, smart and strong women! And Targs with all their decadence somehow appeal to my rotten core. /smirk

#14 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 05:47 PM

We sure can, dearie. I did not want to start an Ice and Fire discussion here! LOL! I usually go as Pale Woman on that 'other' board. /chuckle

By the way - nice picture! Where did you get that one? Since I have UK paperbacks ( I like UK editions better) I am not sure - is it in US edition?

Jaime sure is sexy as hell which means I cannot hate him that much, but he did hurt the child. Badly.

Hmm, thinking of which - Jon probably killed many elven children when draining the Tree and I am still writing his diary...

#15 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 08:13 PM

Her personality's not bad, true. I like Dany, too, but she's third on my list: my top two favourite characters are Petyr Baelish and Tyrion Lannister, in that order :)

#16 Leo

Posted 27 January 2003 - 08:42 PM

Her personality's not bad, true. I like Dany, too, but she's third on my list: my top two favourite characters are Petyr Baelish and Tyrion Lannister, in that order :)

Petyr??!! You're a wicked, wicked man. :)

My favorite character is Arya, of course. Besides, she's of the same age with my daughter. In the first three books, at least.

Leo

#17 Laufey

Posted 27 January 2003 - 08:56 PM

Hey, those two are favorites of mine as well! :) But my number one favorite is probably Arya, and I can't wait to see her become the deadly assassin she's clearly meant to be.
Rogues do it from behind.

#18 Guest_Tenebrous_*

Posted 27 January 2003 - 09:04 PM

Petyr??!! You're a wicked, wicked man. :)

Did I ever claim to be anything else? :)

That last scene in A Storm of Swords had me jumping up and down cackling in glee. I suppose there might be a bit of wickedness in that....

#19 Anaviel

Posted 27 January 2003 - 10:19 PM

This quiz is brought to you by Jaime Lannister, a guest character from George R. R. Martin's awesome novels in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. If you haven't yet read them, you're in for a treat. :)

It sounds good...I'll have to add it to my to read list ;).

Great topic :). Looks like I'll actually be on topic this time :).

Oh and have fun hosting. :D
Crazy? I used to be crazy. Then they put me in a white room. Then I died then they put me in a box with worms. Worms drive me crazy.
Crazy? I used to be crazy....

#20 Leo

Posted 27 January 2003 - 11:09 PM

That last scene in A Storm of Swords had me jumping up and down cackling in glee. I suppose there might be a bit of wickedness in that....

You realize, of course, that if not for Littefinger, there would have been no war at all. But then, there would have been no book, either, so... :)

Leo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com