A bit about me

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RickTaylor_*

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:03 PM

Hello,

I'm a part time instructor of mathematics at a community college in California, currently looking for full time work (and if anyone knows of a local community college looking for a math teacher, I'd be interested in hearing about it). My main hobby is studying mathematics and occasionally playing a CRPG, so I was surprised when I got so involved in writing a story.

I played the game Arcanum Steamworks several years ago and enjoyed it immensely. The mechanics of it were not as good as Baldur's gate, but I was enchanted by the depth and detail of the game world. Clarisse Vorak was one of the pre-generated characters you could play; something about her struck me, and I ended up not only playing her through the game, but began writing a story in the form of an in game diary of her experiences. I originally posted the diary at a site devoted to Arcanum Steamworks:

http://www.terra-arc...tent=fanfiction
(warning: This site has lots of annoying pop-ups)

Eventually I discovered "The Story of a Girl Without a Name," "Acquired Tastes," "Tankards and Tempers," and "The Cards." This led me to gamejag where, with encouragement, I began posting stories here.

So that brings us to the present. I've been through a very busy period, though things are calming down a bit. I've been working on the next few chapters, writing a page here and there, but I'm a very fussy writer and it's a slow process. But the story isn't over yet, and I'll definitely be posting more.

Thanks for your interest.

--Rick Taylor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com