Chapter 2

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_theacefes_*

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:25 AM

Sacrifice: Chapter 2

"Immy?' I whispered. I stared in horror at my best friend's lifeless body, my eyes stinging from tears and blood.

'C-can we revive her?" Khalid asked as he stared at Jaheira.

Jaheira bit her lip in hesitation and said, "I do not have the spell necessary to do it. If we get her to a temple quickly, there may be hope for her."

I spun around and faced my companions. "Let's go," I said tonelessly as I grabbed my sword from my half brother's dead body and sheathed it. Minsc carried Imoen as we quickly left the temple and made our way back to the surface of Baldur's Gate.

When we reached a temple, I walked up to a priest, drew my sword, which was still drenched with Sarevok's blood, held it up to him and growled, "Raise her," when he saw Imoen.

"I...of course," the priest said slowly and shakily pointed to a table with his eyes still glued to my sword. "Please...set her down there."

We did as we were told and with a minute, the priest began performing the spell. For a moment, as I watched in hope and fear at the same time, I thought of the possibility of Imoen not being able to be raised. Tears welled up in my eyes again.

But sure enough, the long deep gash in Imoen's mid-section began to close up, and her eyes slowly fluttered open. She stared at me.

"Auri?" she whispered.

"Yes, Imoen, it's me," I said, tears streaming down my face from a combination of emotions.

Imoen smiled weakly and yawned. "I'm tired," she said and her eyes closed again, this time, to invite peaceful sleep.

I stared at the still shaking priest. "Thank you," I said gratefully and handed him nearly twice the amount of gold he was going to charge.

We left the temple, with Minsc carrying Imoen again, and before we could really go anywhere, a young man, one of Belt's messengers no doubt, came running up to us.

"Milady!" he panted. "My lord has heard of your victory. You are requested at the Ducal Palace!"

I looked at my companions. I was covered in blood, as were my friends. Imoen needed to recover. Boo made a high pitched sound that sounded almost annoyed.

I laughed. "You can tell your lord," I said, "that my party and I are going to the nearest inn...to rest."

'For a considerable amount of time," Dyhaneir muttered.

"I'll see the Duke tomorrow," I said.

The messenger looked surprised but slowly bowed and left.

I looked at my friends. We stood there in silence for a while, trying to take in the fact that we had won. We had finally won. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Boo is tired," Minsc declared. Boo gave a small sqeak. I stared at the giant of a man and smiled.

"Yeah, I think I'm ready for a nap,' I said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com