It's Not Fair (vaguely ON, and not for Aerie-fans)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 10:49 PM

WARNING: If you like Aerie, this story is not for you.
---------------
Here we see Aerie as a modern teenager.
---------------

Aerie sighed and gazed her picture at the large mirror on her desk. Fluffy, bouncy, blonde curls, big blue eyes. A little rosebud mouth in her heart-shaped face, her voice pretty and babyish, her giggle girlish and delicate. It was not fair! How could it be that she had no boyfriend? She was much better catch than those other beastly girls! Her cell phone she had ordered a 'I LUV YOU' logo for also steadfastly remained quiet. She had only had two SMS messages today, all of them from girls. It was not fair! She should have been the most popular girl in school!

Aerie pouted and sulked for a moment, listening through her latest Britney Spears album. She could go shopping, she supposed. Money was no problem as she had a limit-free credit card courtesy to her often absent parents. But she had been shopping just two nights ago, and it didn't help. Clothes, even really cute ones, were no substitute for a real boyfriend. Aerie knew she was a sensitive and deep soul to think that profoundly. It made things doubly unfair. Not only was she the cutest girl in school, she also had a really sweet personality!

She deserved some consolation now. She snuck to kitchen cupboard and fished out a six-pack of chocklad dipped donuts. She was really hungry. She had been at McDonalds with her friends, but only taken small fries in spite of being ravenous. If a girl ate big fries, let alone a *burger* publicly, she would be a pig! And Aerie would rather die than have guys think she was a pig. So she has snuck to buy the donuts at her way home, just in case. She stuffed them into her mouth one by one, gobbling them down. It probably looked really gross, but it didn't matter as no-one was looking.

After wolfing the donuts down she felt dread and guilt, though. She didn't even dare to think how many calories there were in the stuff. And eating like this could make her... *gasp*... fat! Aerie didn't yet have such problems, though she did make her best to loudly complain about her allegedly wide ass and two extra kilos to anyone who wanted to listen and many who didn't. Otherwise people might err to think that she was not vigilant. But if she really became fat... she shivered even to think of such a horrid fate. She had seen fat people, some of them even her classmates. She could not understand how they could bear it. Why didn't they just kill themselves? To look so gross, to be despised by everybody... and the idea that she would be one of them was simply too much. And yet, one of the fat girls had a... boyfriend. The boyfriend wasn't even very ugly. The sheer burden of the unfairness of it burned Aerie like acid. She hissed in frustration and narrowed her eyes, tears collecting into them.

Grim and determined, she marched into the bathroom. She stuck her fingers into her throat and hurled the barely digested remains of the donuts in the bowl. Her face was red and puffed from the effort, the sad remnants of her carefully finished makeup now a smudge on her cheeks. But she worked with cold water, cleansing milk, and new layer of make-up. Patiently. Dutifully. Soon enough she looked presentable again and smiled at her pretty picture in the mirror. But now the boyfriend situation needed assessing. People were soon going to *talk* if she didn't have one. An idea, vaguely shameful but perhaps justifiable as a desperate measure occurred to her. She went back to her bedroom.

Aerie switched her PC on, impatiently tapping her foot as it crunched and hummed as the operating system built itself up. Aerie promptly berated herself of even internally using word such as 'operating system' - all the cute guys would find it absolutely *gross* if a girl talked like that! Sure, some nerd would probably find it okay, even like it. But Aerie would rather die than have a nerd as a boyfriend. Eeewww!
Finally! She tapped her login and password in with her delicate fingers, the nails covered with pink polish. She popped another piece of gum into her mouth and started chewing. She needed some encouragement for what she was about to do was a bit embarrassing.

She double-clicked the icon of the web browser. On the address line she typed www.makeamatch.com. Register for a profile. A form opened in front of her. Sure, someone might see it the way that she was pathetic enough not to get boyfriend without resorting to such desperate means. But she was inventive... she would be sure to come up with a story where she had met the new boyfriend. Something adult and exciting and envy-inciting...

On with the registration process. The boring details of her address and age. Race: elf. Body build? Now we're talking... slender. Aerie sighed at her flat chest. The school nurse, rather exasperated, had told her that slender people generally didn't have gigantic breasts and that hers were quite normal. What did the old cow know anyway, Aerie was saving for a boob job. Do you like to work out? Absolutely, every day. That, strictly telling, was not true. But it sounded as if she really did her best not to look fat. Colors? Aerie smiled, that was certainly an assett. Natural blond, long, curly hair. Blue eyes. It pissed her off that she could not add that they were really, really big. Do you like animals? Of course. Aerie had nothing against animals as long as they didn't make any icky mess or smear her make-up or mess her hair... but girls were supposed to like animals. Same went for babies, so she of course adored them.

How would you describe youself. Careful now... have to really think on which ones to tick. Caring. That was a good one - she really understood suffering because she had seen it so much herself, and besides girls should be caring. Great sense of humor. Oh yes... she could giggle with the best of them. Guys loved it when you giggled at their jokes. Intelligent. No-no. That scared guys off. Cute. Of course!

After a while she pressed 'Submit'. Perhaps this would solve her problems. Much happier, Aerie started to daydream of her first date.

#2 Guest_argan_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:20 PM

I always thought aerie was dumb, naive, supid, annoying little b***h in the game. There are 2 persons I can´t stand in bg2:

Aerie, and Anomen (although he´s a damn good cleric, I hate the character)

#3 Guest_argan_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:21 PM

oh, and by the way: There´s a word for what Aeries is described in this story here in Sweden: Fjortis

Means: Dumb-teenager-who-follows-mainstream-and-want-to-be-popular

#4 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:22 PM

I always thought aerie was dumb, naive, supid, annoying little b***h in the game.

Couldn't agree more :)

Anomen in my mind has both good and bad points, like a real person. There is another NPC I really dislike: Mazzy. But unlike Aerie she at least some has balls. Nalia can also be mightily annoying, but not as annoying as Aerie.

#5 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:23 PM

oh, and by the way: There´s a word for what Aeries is described in this story here in Sweden: Fjortis

Means: Dumb-teenager-who-follows-mainstream-and-want-to-be-popular

Yes - the idea for this story stemmed about this really annoying type of teenager, and Aerie's personality traits as I see them fit the image perfectly.

#6 Guest_argan_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:26 PM

I always thought aerie was dumb, naive, supid, annoying little b***h in the game.

Couldn't agree more :)

Anomen in my mind has both good and bad points, like a real person. There is another NPC I really dislike: Mazzy. But unlike Aerie she at least some has balls. Nalia can also be mightily annoying, but not as annoying as Aerie.

Nalia? I never found her annoying at all...well, except for at some points where she was babbling about the "less fortunate"...

by the way, completed throne of bhaal for the 4th time today...this time as kensai/mage...damn that class gets powerful.

and oh yeah, I found IWD2 for just 30$ (approx) yesterday as well, brand new! I got some more rpg-playing time to look forward to...first, however I think I should replay bg2....just ONE more time...hmm...perhas a Paladin...or a bard...

#7 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:35 PM

Nalia? I never found her annoying at all...well, except for at some points where she was babbling about the "less fortunate"...

Matter of tastes I suppose... her 'I am a good person' attitude rubs me the wrong way. But I forgive her a lot because of her youth and because of being brought up as a noblewoman.

She'd better be nicer to Sarevok, at least the redeemed one though. No-one may hurt my preciousssssss...

by the way, completed throne of bhaal for the 4th time today...this time as kensai/mage...damn that class gets powerful.

Yep, it can breeze through anything.

and oh yeah, I found IWD2 for just 30$ (approx) yesterday as well, brand new! I got some more rpg-playing time to look forward to...first, however I think I should replay bg2....just ONE more time...hmm...perhas a Paladin...or a bard...

My hubby is in States, and he just sent me a SMS that he has bought IWD2 for me :)

#8 Guest_Rose of Jericho_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:38 PM

Wow. That was kinda like seeing the BG version of the video for TLC's "Unpretty."

I've never been much of an Aerie fan (though I'm a HUGE Evil Aerie fan!), and I'm definately not a fan of popular teenagers -- who else here was/is labeled a "geek" or something similar in high school? :) But you painted a realistic portrait and gave her some sympathy.

Great story!

Rose of Jericho

#9 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:43 PM

Wow. That was kinda like seeing the BG version of the video for TLC's "Unpretty."

What is TLC?

I've never been much of an Aerie fan (though I'm a HUGE Evil Aerie fan!), and I'm definately not a fan of popular teenagers -- who else here was/is labeled a "geek" or something similar in high school? :) But you painted a realistic portrait and gave her some sympathy.

Oh, I love Evil Aerie to me. Actually, for me the real Aerie is the evil one. I was a hellraiser/troublemaker kid in school (the categories in Finland are a bit different anyway).

Did I give her some sympathy? :) I don't feel any... but I did add the part of the absent parents giving money instead of affection and the bulimia - I thought she really is miserable, and these things may contribute to her shallowness and selfishness.

Great story!

Rose of Jericho

Thank you!

#10 Guest_argan_*

Posted 19 January 2003 - 11:50 PM

What is TLC?

Oh, I love Evil Aerie to me. Actually, for me the real Aerie is the evil one. I was a hellraiser/troublemaker kid in school (the categories in Finland are a bit different anyway).

Did I give her some sympathy? :) I don't feel any... but I did add the part of the absent parents giving money instead of affection and the bulimia - I thought she really is miserable, and these things may contribute to her shallowness and selfishness.

Great story!

Rose of Jericho

Thank you!

TLC is the worst kind of music you can think of - The "Three girl- R&B Band" style

#11 Guest_Rose of Jericho_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:00 AM

What is TLC?

They're an overly produced all-girl R&B group. One of their members, Lisa Lopes, was killed in a car wreck last year. I'm not a fan, but when I had MTV I would see them on there all the time. The video for their song "Unpretty" had a situation a lot like this story.

Oh, tell me about it. I was a geek/nerd/outcast when I was in school, too. I guess I still am, now that I think about it! And the vapid, stupid people still irritate me.

You gave her sympathy in that you showed why she is the way she is. Very realistic. :)

#12 Guest_Dorotea_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:49 AM

LOL! Since I am not her big fun - I will survive. /smirk

It was not fair! How could it be that she had no boyfriend? She was much better catch than those other beastly girls!

I see. I bit of an attitude problem?

Grim and determined, she marched into the bathroom. She stuck her fingers into her throat and hurled the barely digested remains of the donuts in the bowl. Her face was red and puffed from the effort, the sad remnants of her carefully finished makeup now a smudge on her cheeks. But she worked with cold water, cleansing milk, and new layer of make-up. Patiently. Dutifully. Soon enough she looked presentable again and smiled at her pretty picture in the mirror.

This is kind of dreadful. You actually made me feel sorry for her!

After a while she pressed 'Submit'. Perhaps this would solve her problems. Much happier, Aerie started to daydream of her first date.

Poor thing! I have a feeling she is not going to get one this way!

:)

Now I definitely can see who is your least favorite npc.

Cheers!

#13 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:09 AM

LOL! Since I am not her big fun - I will survive. /smirk

I thought you might :)

It was not fair! How could it be that she had no boyfriend? She was much better catch than those other beastly girls!

I see. I bit of an attitude problem?

Oh yes. She has invested all the self-esteem she has in her vapid looks, and sees all other girls as rivals.

This is kind of dreadful. You actually made me feel sorry for her!

Gah! I didn't mean to!

Poor thing! I have a feeling she is not going to get one this way!

Nope, she would need to grow a lot first before finding a boyfriend. At least any other than a trophy kind.

:)

Now I definitely can see who is your least favorite npc.

What gave it away? O:)

#14 Guest_Liz_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:17 AM

Adrianne: Great job, Lotta! This is Aerie all right.

Imoen: Methinks I hear a note of jealousy in yon sister's voice?

Liz: Immy, don't taunt your sister. Anyway, this was great! I want to hear about Anomen the brainless track star, Viconia the slutty cheerleader, Haer'Dalis the... the, uh... I have no idea what he'd be.

Imoen: The annoying thespian whom everyone thinks is--

Liz and Adrianne: Shut up!

#15 Guest_Joe_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:32 AM

Aerie pouted and sulked for a moment, listening through her latest Britney Spears album. She could go shopping, she supposed. Money was no problem as she had a limit-free credit card courtesy to her often absent parents. But she had been shopping just two nights ago, and it didn't help. Clothes, even really cute ones, were no substitute for a real boyfriend. Aerie knew she was a sensitive and deep soul to think that profoundly. It made things doubly unfair. Not only was she the cutest girl in school, she also had a really sweet personality!

*BARF!*

Grim and determined, she marched into the bathroom. She stuck her fingers into her throat and hurled the barely digested remains of the donuts in the bowl.

Well, it seems she induces vomiting in herself as well...

Aerie switched her PC on, impatiently tapping her foot as it crunched and hummed as the operating system built itself up. Aerie promptly berated herself of even internally using word such as 'operating system' - all the cute guys would find it absolutely *gross* if a girl talked like that! Sure, some nerd would probably find it okay, even like it. But Aerie would rather die than have a nerd as a boyfriend. Eeewww!

As a card-carrying nerd, I must say the feeling is mutual.

#16 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:38 AM

Adrianne: Great job, Lotta! This is Aerie all right.

Imoen: Methinks I hear a note of jealousy in yon sister's voice?

Well, I don't think there is anything to be jealous about in Aerie :)

Liz: Immy, don't taunt your sister. Anyway, this was great! I want to hear about Anomen the brainless track star, Viconia the slutty cheerleader, Haer'Dalis the... the, uh... I have no idea what he'd be.

Ano could fit that role pretty well, I agree :) But aren't the prototypical cheerleaders ditzy and blonde?

Imoen: The annoying thespian whom everyone thinks is--

Liz and Adrianne: Shut up!

*grin*

#17 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:41 AM

*BARF!*

Do tell :wink: In game her alleged 'goodness and sweetness' seems to go in very parallel fashion, I think.

Well, it seems she induces vomiting in herself as well...

Small justices here...

As a card-carrying nerd, I must say the feeling is mutual.

Nerds are cool! Nerds are intelligent! Nerds are funny! Nerds are often good lovers once they get the hang of it. And if you care about such things, they also get much better-paying jobs in future.

#18 Guest_Liz_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:51 AM

Well, I don't think there is anything to be jealous about in Aerie :wink:

Adrianne: Well, if Liz ever finishes my story you may very well find out...

Ano could fit that role pretty well, I agree :) But aren't the prototypical cheerleaders ditzy and blonde?

Yeah, you're prolly right. Viconia would probably hate cheerleading anyway. (And I almost put Sarevok the brainless track star, but then I remembered who I was talking to...)

Oh, and don't forget Shar-Teel the dyke-ish football star, Edwin the class president/honor roll student/arrogant jerk, Cernd the 60s poster child (peace marches, weed, peace, love and nature,) born a generation too late, and Nalia, the bratty daughter of some oil tycoon who should be going to a snotty private school but thinks it's her duty to relate to the "common people."

#19 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:53 AM

Yeah, you're prolly right. Viconia would probably hate cheerleading anyway. (And I almost put Sarevok the brainless track star, but then I remembered who I was talking to...)

He certainly isn't brainless, whatever else you can say about him.

Oh, and don't forget Shar-Teel the dyke-ish football star, Edwin the class president/honor roll student/arrogant jerk, Cernd the 60s poster child (peace marches, weed, peace, love and nature,) born a generation too late, and Nalia, the bratty daughter of the oil tycoon who should be going to a snotty private school but thinks it's her duty to relate to the "common people."

LOL, all good ones!

#20 Anaviel

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:53 AM

---------------
Here we see Aerie as a modern teenager.
---------------

A very stereotypical modern teenager. LOL ;)

Aerie sighed and gazed her picture at the large mirror on her desk. Fluffy, bouncy, blonde curls, big blue eyes. A little rosebud mouth in her heart-shaped face, her voice pretty and babyish, her giggle girlish and delicate. It was not fair! How could it be that she had no boyfriend? She was much better catch than those other beastly girls! Her cell phone she had ordered a 'I LUV YOU' logo for also steadfastly remained quiet. She had only had two SMS messages today, all of them from girls. It was not fair! She should have been the most popular girl in school!

Figures she'd be boycrazy and popularity obsessed...LOL she reminds me of someone out of a really bad teen-flick that portrays us teenage girls as only caring about things like shopping, boys, and popularity.

Aerie pouted and sulked for a moment, listening through her latest Britney Spears album.

LOL she has no taste in music. And here I thought no one over thirteen liked Britney Spears, or pop music in general for that matter.

She could go shopping, she supposed. Money was no problem as she had a limit-free credit card courtesy to her often absent parents. But

She's rich too...did she walk off the set of Clueless or something? :wink:

She deserved some consolation now. She snuck to kitchen cupboard and fished out a six-pack of chocklad dipped donuts. She was really hungry. She had been at McDonalds with her friends, but only taken small fries in spite of being ravenous. If a girl ate big fries, let alone a *burger* publicly, she would be a pig! And Aerie would rather die than have guys think she was a pig. So she has snuck to buy the donuts at her way home, just in case. She stuffed them into her mouth one by one, gobbling them down. It probably looked really gross, but it didn't matter as no-one was looking.

*shakes head* she probably weighs about 80 pounds and she's worried about being fat?!

Grim and determined, she marched into the bathroom. She stuck her fingers into her throat and hurled the barely digested remains of the donuts in the bowl. Her face was red and puffed from the effort, the sad remnants of her carefully finished makeup now a smudge on her cheeks. But she worked with cold water, cleansing milk, and new layer of make-up. Patiently. Dutifully. Soon enough she looked presentable again and smiled at her pretty picture in the mirror. But now the boyfriend situation needed assessing. People were soon going to *talk* if she didn't have one. An idea, vaguely shameful but perhaps justifiable as a desperate measure occurred to her. She went back to her bedroom.

Can you say eating disorder? :) No wonder she's so thin.

She double-clicked the icon of the web browser. On the address line she typed www.makeamatch.com. Register for a profile. A form opened in front of her. Sure, someone might see it the way that she was pathetic enough not to get boyfriend without resorting to such desperate means. But she was inventive... she would be sure to come up with a story where she had met the new boyfriend. Something adult and exciting and envy-inciting...

She must really be desperate if she's going to online dating site to meet guys.

Anyhoo, this is amusing :) I like it...Aerie really fits the teenage stereotype that is so prevelant in the media.
Crazy? I used to be crazy. Then they put me in a white room. Then I died then they put me in a box with worms. Worms drive me crazy.
Crazy? I used to be crazy....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com