Is the Attic Module entirely dead?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:28 AM

Hi!

Recently I've been fiddling around with the toolset, and would be more than happy to help with any of the more basic stuff, item creation, room creation, and the like.

Unfortunately, I don't know all too much about scripting yet, nor can I really do any texturing either. ;)

Sweet, a new recru- er, I mean victim! Wait, no, that can't be right...

Seriously though, new team members are always welcome. We don't really use many custom models (and none created by Atticers) so texturing skills are not required. Scripting skills would be nice, but there isn't much to script at the moment, so don't worry about it.

If you're really interested in helping out, you should probably ask Leo to let you join the Attic Module Developers Usergroup. Though I'm not sure if there are really any tasks available at the moment, other than item conversions from the Infinity Engine games (the module boasts a "museum" dedicated to the "artifacts" from those games). If you're interested in that, you should wait until you get a copy of the latest version of the module so you know what has already been done. Also, I think Likpok mentioned interest in working on that as well. So if both of you choose to do that, you two should coordinate with each other as well.

#22 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:45 PM

Hi!

Hey!

Recently I've been fiddling around with the toolset, and would be more than happy to help with any of the more basic stuff, item creation, room creation, and the like.

Unfortunately, I don't know all too much about scripting yet, nor can I really do any texturing either. ;)

That's alright. We could always use another hand.

#23 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:53 PM

http://www.gamejag.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=63

If the above does *not* work, I too will need a copy sent over.

Em...that's a link to an old Attic Quiz, even before I came around. And thanks to a friend, I got the latest copy and will make a post soon.

I think that is the topic, but IDK what you said about the broken links.

There was a problem with the links. I clicked on the main link, which was CHAw's post, and the three replies were gone.

Of items we should make, I think we should stick to one's that either have cool/interesting backstories, or that define BG2/1/PS:T/IWD/2. Mainly do this so as to not way overpower certian weapon classes (with a Sanchudokku +4) or whatnot. Heck, even putting in rather vanilla weapons will oiverpower certian weapon classes (all of them). Reading over a list of items (and effects)... They *suck*. Bah. Sorta got into anti-NWN-item-rant here. Oops ;).

Heh. I agree that the ones that have interesting stories should be put in. Actuallly, I think CHAw said just about everything.

#24 Guest_Grishmadraco_*

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:21 PM

Ugg. That's kind of annoying. Since I have the expansion packs, if I save, the module will be designated as needing the expansion packs. So now I have to figure out how to save so that there are no expansion packs. Grr. ;)

Any suggestions?

#25 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:04 AM

Ugg. That's kind of annoying. Since I have the expansion packs, if I save, the module will be designated as needing the expansion packs. So now I have to figure out how to save so that there are no expansion packs. Grr. :twisted:

Any suggestions?

CHAw told me about something from the Bio boards when I was facing the problem. There are two ways to do this, both involve uninstalling the NWN and the expansion(s).

1) You can either constantly installing and uninstalling NWN and its expansions.

2) Another solution would be to install NWN, and copy all files and paste it into a different folder or changing it into a second folder. Ie. when I did it, I copied the Neverwinter Nights folder from "C:Program FilesGamesNeverwinter Nights" and paste it into "D:Program FilesGames".

However, you can also put it into the same folder, it would just have to be something like "C:Program FilesGamesNeverwinter Nights (2)"

CHAw just tested it today, and from what I can tell, it works.

#26 Guest_Likpok_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:20 AM

CHuK'chSS'raGKH: That was the link, copied, from the post about two below this one. I may have cut off the last bit tho... :twisted:

Chaw: Sanchudokku +4 is a acidic Katana from Tatics (Weimer). It has 1/sec regen, immunity to acid, acid damage, and Melfs toward anyone who harms the wielder. Compared to NWN items, it is *quite* powerful. Heck, compared to *BG2* items, it is powerful.

#27 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:14 AM

CHuK'chSS'raGKH: That was the link, copied, from the post about two below this one. I may have cut off the last bit tho... :twisted:

1) missing a 2 at the end and
2) linking system still doesnt work. Can't get to the attachments, even the one I posted like yesterday or something. Otherwise, I already posted a link on a new topic.

#28 Guest_CHAw_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:10 AM

Chaw: Sanchudokku +4 is a acidic Katana from Tatics (Weimer). It has 1/sec regen, immunity to acid, acid damage, and Melfs toward anyone who harms the wielder. Compared to NWN items, it is *quite* powerful. Heck, compared to *BG2* items, it is powerful.

*shrug* It may be overpowered compared to official items from NWN, but anybody who knows how to use the toolset could make a +5 Keen, +2d6 Acid, +2d6 Cold, +2d6 Electrical, +2d6 Fire, +2d6 Sonic, Acid Immunity, Bludgeoning Immunity, Cold Immunity, Electrical Immunity, Fire Immunity, Piercing Immunity, Slashing Immunity, Sonic Immunity, Disease Immunity, Poison Immunity, Level/Ability Drain Immunity, Critical Hit Immunity, Sneak Attack Immunity, Death Magic Immunity, Freedom of Movement, True Seeing, +5 AC, +5 Regeneration, Vorpal, Cast Time Stop Unlimited Uses/Day dagger of doom. And name it Bob. This is if they don't want to put too much effort into it and if they are limited to the NWN toolset.

With the HotU toolset, it could become a +20 Keen, +2d12 Acid, +2d12 Cold, +2d12 Divine, +2d12 Electrical, +2d12 Fire, +2d12 Magical, +2d12 Negative, +2d12 Positive, +2d12 Sonic, Acid Immunity, Bludgeoning Immunity, Cold Immunity, Divine Immunity, Electrical Immunity, Fire Immunity, Magical Immunity, Negative Immunity, Piercing Immunity, Positive Immunity, Slashing Immunity, Sonic Immunity, Disease Immunity, Poison Immunity, Level/Ability Drain Immunity, Critical Hit Immunity, Sneak Attack Immunity, Death Magic Immunity, Freedom of Movement, True Seeing, +20 AC, +5 Regeneration, Vorpal, On Hit Level Drain, Cast Time Stop Unlimited Uses/Day dagger of epic doom. And name it Billy Bob Mo George Harris.

In summary don't worry about the items being overpowered. Most attendees of AttiCons bring their own gear, and almost always have the presence of mind to not make it quite that disgusting.

#29 Guest_CHuK'chSS'raGKH_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:50 PM

Don't forget to patch both versions to 1.62

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com