Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 182

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:43 AM

They made good time to the Umar Hills. Viconia insisted they stop in the village of Immesvale before heading off to the cabin. Adrian shrugged; he would not argue it, and for all he knew, something useful might come of it.

"Golin Vend was your name," Viconia said to the rather odd bookseller whom the parchment had described. First she had bought a book of the Zhenarim, then he had asked her the question, and she had given the appropriate countersign.

"A Drow," the man nodded. He was tall and gangly, with a shock of light brown hair. Anxious eyes twitched back and forth. "An appropriate artist. I should've guessed. You have the skin, I am sure, but one more thing is needed before I can work on it."

"Name it, and I shall find it," Viconia smiled unpleasantly.

"The blood of a silver dragon."

Viconia inhaled softly, and behind her, Adrian raised an eyebrow. "That will," Viconia admitted, "Take some doing."

"Take your time, I'll be here," the man said.

Viconia nodded, inclined her head to him, and turned to join Adrian.

"To slay a silver dragon..." Adrian was thoughtful. "Well, we do have a dragon kill to our credit already. But finding a silver won't be easy."

"No," she agreed, "But these things have a way of happening around you, ssinsring. But as the jaluk said, no rush. We will wait until after we have rescued Imoen to seek it. Of course, if we happen to come across one before then..."

Adrian chuckled drily. "I shall endeavor, my dear. I shall endeavor."

"A silver wyrm, eh?" Korgan fingered his axe. "That would be a fun kill, more fun even than that shade dragon was. And the drow be right, longlimb. These things come to you like flies to rot."

"Thank you....I think. Enough now, let's be going on."

-----

Valygar was not hard to find. Three of his ranger allies were arrayed around his cabin. No doubt he thought himself safe. Korgan took two of them down by himself, and Tree jumped high, landing hard on the shoulders of the third, breaking his spine. As he lay helpless, Viconia finished him.

"We probably will kill this Valygar," Adrian said, looking at Anomen, then Tree, then Jan. "I trust we will have no problem?"

Tree shrugged. "Won't be the first time I've been involved in such."

"I am not half the prig I was," Anomen assured him.

"You know," began Jan, "This reminds me of the tale of the foolish Half-Orc of Sundabar, who wished to become a ranger--"

"I'll take that as a no, Jan," Adrian sighed, wearily cutting the gnome off before he got going.

-----

Valygar was within the cabin, two scimitars ready in his hands. "Oh, I killed the Cowled Wizards, all right, after they attacked me. They know my blood is needed to open the Planar Sphere that landed in Athkatla, and they want in at all costs!"

"I told ye Tolgerias couldn't be trusted," Korgan said.

"I beleive you," said Adrian. "But as Korgan notes, Tolgerias will probably betray us at the first opportunity."

"Come with us," Edwin offered. "Give us the secrets of the Sphere, and you can live."

If Valygar had been in a more reasonable mood, things may have gone better at that moment than they did. But understandably, he was not. "Another power mad mage," he spat. "I will not help you."

"Then I am truly sorry," said Adrian. He drew a breath and Bhaalscreamed. Valygar hit the back wall of the cabin hard enough to crack the wood. He wasn't dead, but was stunned and helpless.

Korgan finished him.

"Bring the body," Adrian sighed. "We will loot the Sphere for ourselves."

"Tolgerias will come for us," Korgan pointed out.

Adrian did not smile. "Let him come." In truth, his mind was already slipping past the unfortunate Valygar, thinking of Imoen, wishing this had been an opportunity to help her. But no, he must still deal with the Vampiress.

"It had do be done," said Viconia, touching his shoulder.

"I know," Adrian sighed again. "But I take no pleasure in it."[/img]
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Laufey

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:59 PM

They made good time to the Umar Hills. Viconia insisted they stop in the village of Immesvale before heading off to the cabin. Adrian shrugged; he would not argue it, and for all he knew, something useful might come of it.

"Golin Vend was your name," Viconia said to the rather odd bookseller whom the parchment had described. First she had bought a book of the Zhenarim, then he had asked her the question, and she had given the appropriate countersign.

Hm...in my game it's always 'Darcin Cole'. Wonder what's up with the difference?

"The blood of a silver dragon."

Viconia inhaled softly, and behind her, Adrian raised an eyebrow. "That will," Viconia admitted, "Take some doing."

Oh, you'll come across one eventually... :)

"A silver wyrm, eh?" Korgan fingered his axe. "That would be a fun kill, more fun even than that shade dragon was. And the drow be right, longlimb. These things come to you like flies to rot."

And there's a red one too...could that be Ano's quest, btw? Avenging Windspear?

"Come with us," Edwin offered. "Give us the secrets of the Sphere, and you can live."

If Valygar had been in a more reasonable mood, things may have gone better at that moment than they did. But understandably, he was not. "Another power mad mage," he spat. "I will not help you."

"Then I am truly sorry," said Adrian. He drew a breath and Bhaalscreamed. Valygar hit the back wall of the cabin hard enough to crack the wood. He wasn't dead, but was stunned and helpless.

*sigh* Poor Valygar. But I can't say I'm surprised this happened.
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Arcalian

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:53 PM

Hm...in my game it's always 'Darcin Cole'. Wonder what's up with the difference?

It's called, "The author screwed up." :)

I invite you to visualize Anomen in the red scale armor and draw your own conclusions. As for Windspear...well, you'll see.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#4 Laufey

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:07 PM

I invite you to visualize Anomen in the red scale armor and draw your own conclusions. As for Windspear...well, you'll see.

The 'Red Knight'...seems very promising. :)
Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:55 PM

I wondered if he would simply kill Valygar. It doesn't really surprise me.

"A Drow," the man nodded. He was tall and gangly, with a shock of light brown hair. Anxious eyes twitched back and forth. "An appropriate artist. I should've guessed. You have the skin, I am sure, but one more thing is needed before I can work on it."

I like that reaction. Interesting touch. Did you change the name on purpose, or was it just mess-up?

#6 Arcalian

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:28 AM

Messed up. :) But keep the feedback coming!!! :(

#7 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:46 AM

"No," she agreed, "But these things have a way of happening around you, ssinsring. But as the jaluk said, no rush. We will wait until after we have rescued Imoen to seek it. Of course, if we happen to come across one before then..."

@Adalon:

You're screwed! :wink:

"Thank you....I think. Enough now, let's be going on."

:shock:

"I am not half the prig I was," Anomen assured him.

LOL

"You know," began Jan, "This reminds me of the tale of the foolish Half-Orc of Sundabar, who wished to become a ranger--"

Hmm.....is this a coincidence, or have you played Gateway to the Savage Frontier? (early, DOS-based DnD CRPG).

Valygar was within the cabin, two scimitars ready in his hands. "Oh, I killed the Cowled Wizards, all right, after they attacked me. They know my blood is needed to open the Planar Sphere that landed in Athkatla, and they want in at all costs!"

eh: in the game, he starts with katanas I think? (inc. his heirloom blade)

Korgan finished him.

Ah, so that's how you handled him. *chuckle*

"Bring the body," Adrian sighed. "We will loot the Sphere for ourselves."

"Tolgerias will come for us," Korgan pointed out.

Adrian did not smile. "Let him come." In truth, his mind was already slipping past the unfortunate Valygar, thinking of Imoen, wishing this had been an opportunity to help her. But no, he must still deal with the Vampiress.

"It had do be done," said Viconia, touching his shoulder.

"I know," Adrian sighed again. "But I take no pleasure in it."[/img]

hmmmm...senses he lost a potential ally, perhaps

#8 Arcalian

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:36 PM

@Adalon:

You're screwed! :wink:

But me being me, the battle will not play out quite the same way.....

Hmm.....is this a coincidence, or have you played Gateway to the Savage Frontier? (early, DOS-based DnD CRPG).

It *is* a coincidence, but I *have* played that game, indeed, almost all the gold box games there were. From them I learned the tried and true formula of two warriors, one theif, one priest, and two mages in a party, with of course multi and dual classing altering that formula slightly.

The Zhentarim Agent storyline was also mostly inspired by and an homage to those games, as well.

eh: in the game, he starts with katanas I think? (inc. his heirloom blade)

Ooops. :shock: :oops:

hmmmm...senses he lost a potential ally, perhaps

I didnt WANT to kill Valygar, but I couldn't see Adrian sparing him. It hurt me to write this. Seriously. :(

#9 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:46 PM

"I'll take that as a no, Jan," Adrian sighed, wearily cutting the gnome off before he got going.

BHAHAHA!

Korgan finished him.

Poor Valygar. Wish Edwin would have shut up at the right moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com