Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 175

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:35 AM

In this chapter I use my own interpretations of Shar and Helm. Please forgive any innacuracies.

----

Adrian was mildly surprised to see Anomen walk in the front door of the Copper Coronet. He rose his eyes to their table, and walked over slowly.

"Back so soon?" Adrian asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Yes....I....may I sit down? It has been a long day."

"Ye don't need permission to sit with us, longlimb," said Korgan. He sounded as surprised at such a question as Adrian felt. "Rest yer tall bones."

So Anomen sat and related the high points (or rather, low points) of his tale. "....so my dreams of knighthood are finished, now," he concluded sadly.

"No, Anomen." Tree's voice was soft but insistent. "Your dreams of knighthood within the order are finished. Your quest will be fulfilled elsewhere, I am sure."

"What makes you so certain?" Anomen tried to sneer, but his heart wasn't in it.

"Your own dream visions, for one. The fact that it is so important to you, for another."

"Aye...perhaps, perhaps. I...I must pray to Helm. Excuse me." He got up and left the tavern again, heading back to the Temple District, saying he would return that evening.

"I, too, must pray," said Viconia. She turned and went to their room upstairs. Adrian knew better than to disturb her.

----

Viconia closed her eyes and looked into the eternal blackness.

Yes, illythiri, thou hast done well to consult me. Shar appeared as a deeper silhouette in the darkness of Viconia's mind. Nothing was visible of the goddess but her cold eyes. At this time I have just ended an....unfortunate association with Cyric. Talos will make a temporary ally, before once again I strike out on my own. Perform the task for them, if you wish. But it may be prudent to destroy them later.

"As you wish, Mother Night," Viconia murmured.

But of primary importance is your continued support of the Bhaalspawn. Your relationship with him is of no consequence to me; pursue it as pleases you. But of most importance is your continued support of him. He may very well be the one who ascends. Additionally, the relationship may benefit you in a way you do not yet see.

"I would not quesiton your wisdom, Mother Night, but in what way particularly do you mean?"

Lolth has not forgotten you, was Shar's only answer, and Viconia shivered, understanding well what that meant.

--------

Anomen knelt in the Temple of Helm, and bowed his head.

Helm did not appear himself, instead the shield with the open Eye appeared in his mind. I already know thy greivance. You have been a faithful servant, but your faith is being tested and shall continue to be by events to come.

"Lord, why did you not tell me?"

Did you think that Sir Ryan's warning to you was a coincidence? It was my will. You have done as well as can be asked under the circumstances. It will be long before the light of the law can be shed on the nest of vipers the Order has become. Torm and Tyr are partiuclarly outraged, as well. Be assured, their punishment will come in due time.

"I am disturbed, this is true, Lord. Justice must be done. I....forgive me, but I cannot let this stand."

It shall not stand long. As I said your faith is being tested. The result will determine wether you remain with me....or turn to another.

"Another? That Red Knight I keep seeing in my mind? Who is that?"

She is a servant of....another. I will speak no more of it. You felt I did not give you sufficient warning regarding the Order; I will forgive that slight against me, and give you warning of your next test. Tomorrow will bring a new trial for you.

"A new trial? What--"

Rest, my servant, Helm interrupted him. I was enable you to sleep this eve, despite your cares. Return to the Bhaalspawn. Tomorrow will be a significant day for you.
-----

"Adrian," said Viconia, coming back down the steps. "When the night is full, I will perform the task of the Stormbringers. Will you come with me? Alone, yourself and no other?"

"Of course, Viconia. It would be my pleasure." He stood and clasped hands with her, and her face softened a bit.

"Thank you, ssinsring," she whispered.

It was not long after that a woebegone-looking Anomen returned to the Coronet. He ate a small meal of broth and bread before retiring early.

---

That night was cold but clear, the stars glittering, a sliver of moon in the sky. Adrian and Viconia snuck through the city, first the slums and then the merchant quarter, seeking out three different victims, and killing them.

Adrian reflected that he and Viconia had almost no time together by themselves since their relationship began. Always other party members had been about. Oh, they had privacy enough for acts of passion, but no true time alone together. It saddened him a little that their first real time in this fashion was spent fulfilling his murderous heritage.

Viconia, however, was truly alive. Her eyes fairly glowed with satisfaction as the first two victims fell, one in his bed, the second in her kitchen. There were no witnesses to either killing.

The third, however, was a capable warrior in his own right, wielding mace in one hand and short sword in the other. Under other circumstances he might have even made a valuable party member. But it was not to be.

With a whole party behind them he would have been nothing. But with only the two of them he was something of a challenge. Adrian got several bone bruises. But the foe's luck ran out when he knocked Viconia's helm off. Seeing her Drow face in the pale moonlight he froze, and she ended his life.

"Thank you, ssinsring. I needed you along, and no others." She held him tight.

"My pleasure, bebe, my pleasure."

"Let us go back to the Coronet, my blood is up, I shall give you all you desire." She smiled and her eyes glowed again, for him.

He smiled sadly and kissed her.

----

Even with Viconia and Adrian's antics, all the party members got a good night's sleep.

But the next morn, Anomen had barely finished his breakfast before his dread was realized. A runner burst into the tavern.

"Sire!" The young page bowed before him.

Anomen frowned. "What is it?"

"Your sister has been attacked! Come quickly!"
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Laufey

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:07 PM

In this chapter I use my own interpretations of Shar and Helm. Please forgive any innacuracies.

Didn't notice any obvious ones, at least. :shock:

So Anomen sat and related the high points (or rather, low points) of his tale. "....so my dreams of knighthood are finished, now," he concluded sadly.

"No, Anomen." Tree's voice was soft but insistent. "Your dreams of knighthood within the order are finished. Your quest will be fulfilled elsewhere, I am sure."

I hope she is right...poor Ano has suffered plenty disappointment already.

But of primary importance is your continued support of the Bhaalspawn. Your relationship with him is of no consequence to me; pursue it as pleases you. But of most importance is your continued support of him. He may very well be the one who ascends. Additionally, the relationship may benefit you in a way you do not yet see.

"I would not quesiton your wisdom, Mother Night, but in what way particularly do you mean?"

Lolth has not forgotten you, was Shar's only answer, and Viconia shivered, understanding well what that meant.

Oooh yes. And I suppose Shar doesn't want to lose a powerful servant if it can be helped - plus she probably wants Viconia to be an influence on Adrian in days to come.

Did you think that Sir Ryan's warning to you was a coincidence? It was my will. You have done as well as can be asked under the circumstances. It will be long before the light of the law can be shed on the nest of vipers the Order has become. Torm and Tyr are partiuclarly outraged, as well. Be assured, their punishment will come in due time.

"I am disturbed, this is true, Lord. Justice must be done. I....forgive me, but I cannot let this stand."

It shall not stand long. As I said your faith is being tested. The result will determine wether you remain with me....or turn to another.

Helm foresees Ano possibly switching gods? I think I would expect him to be a little more stern about this - duty is his primary aspect after all, duty and loyalty.

With a whole party behind them he would have been nothing. But with only the two of them he was something of a challenge. Adrian got several bone bruises. But the foe's luck ran out when he knocked Viconia's helm off. Seeing her Drow face in the pale moonlight he froze, and she ended his life.

It's...a Bhaalspawn date. :mrgreen:

Oh dear...poor Ano. :shock: Things just got from bad to worse.
Rogues do it from behind.

#3 Arcalian

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:23 PM

I hope she is right...poor Ano has suffered plenty disappointment already.

*smiles* Yes. Be assured, I plan to do right by Ano.

Oooh yes. And I suppose Shar doesn't want to lose a powerful servant if it can be helped - plus she probably wants Viconia to be an influence on Adrian in days to come.

Correct on both counts.

Helm foresees Ano possibly switching gods? I think I would expect him to be a little more stern about this - duty is his primary aspect after all, duty and loyalty.

That is why he is testing him. But Ano is in no mood for this, as Helm will soon find out.

It's...a Bhaalspawn date. :mrgreen:

It occured to me they'd had no proper time alone together.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#4 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:45 AM

Tempting to summon Tenebrous so he can tell you why you're a drooling idiot....but meh, I'll let it slide :shock:

"Aye...perhaps, perhaps. I...I must pray to Helm. Excuse me." He got up and left the tavern again, heading back to the Temple District, saying he would return that evening.

Yes, illythiri, thou hast done well to consult me. Shar appeared as a deeper silhouette in the darkness of Viconia's mind. Nothing was visible of the goddess but her cold eyes. At this time I have just ended an....unfortunate association with Cyric. Talos will make a temporary ally, before once again I strike out on my own. Perform the task for them, if you wish. But it may be prudent to destroy them later.

Oooh, good color choice.....

"As you wish, Mother Night," Viconia murmured.

mother night, I like that

High Priestess of Adrian!

hmm...but would Shar like that?

Or....protection from Lolth? ("Death to the Viconia romantic epiloque", as about you put it I think)

I'll bet they are....

Ano's gonna be Walking Tall!

Adrian reflected that he and Viconia had almost no time together by themselves since their relationship began. Always other party members had been about. Oh, they had privacy enough for acts of passion, but no true time alone together. It saddened him a little that their first real time in this fashion was spent fulfilling his murderous heritage.

awwwwww

Viconia, however, was truly alive. Her eyes fairly glowed with satisfaction as the first two victims fell, one in his bed, the second in her kitchen. There were no witnesses to either killing.

The third, however, was a capable warrior in his own right, wielding mace in one hand and short sword in the other. Under other circumstances he might have even made a valuable party member. But it was not to be.

Nice!! I dig that. IMO characters aren't 'surprised' enough in combat storytelling. Hence me becoming a fan of the mini-battles where the guards get whupped before they can even draw.

"My pleasure, bebe, my pleasure."

heehee, I just love that

"Let us go back to the Coronet, my blood is up, I shall give you all you desire." She smiled and her eyes glowed again, for him.

:shock: :mrgreen: So that's what gets her in the mood, eh? Why am I not surprised :shock:

Onyx: Mommy...I'm scared...

Oh no... :(

#5 Arcalian

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:50 AM

Tempting to summon Tenebrous so he can tell you why you're a drooling idiot....but meh, I'll let it slide :mrgreen:

Did I......do something to annoy you, my friend? :shock:

It is no coincidence that I just had Shar break up with Cyric, as it were. In light of my own future plot developments.

Or....protection from Lolth? ("Death to the Viconia romantic epiloque", as about you put it I think)

Twas Laufey saying that about the Edwin epilogue, but I wholly agree with the sentiment as you applied it.

Nice!! I dig that. IMO characters aren't 'surprised' enough in combat storytelling. Hence me becoming a fan of the mini-battles where the guards get whupped before they can even draw.

This was directly inspired by the "boo jaluk" bit you just did. Well, not that the fight happened, but that it ended this way.

#6 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:14 AM

Tempting to summon Tenebrous so he can tell you why you're a drooling idiot....but meh, I'll let it slide :D

Did I......do something to annoy you, my friend? ;)

That was sarcasm, my friend, pure home grown sarcasm.

No, I'm hardly a stickler for canon/realmslore, nor do I know much of it (when I need deity info I just Google search). As far as I know this portrayal of Helm and Shar is just fine, and if it weren't....well I dunno what would not be fine.

It is no coincidence that I just had Shar break up with Cyric, as it were. In light of my own future plot developments.

This part made we wonder if Adrian and Shar would end up getting along well...my prediction had been for Vic to become a priestess of him...but now I'm wondering if she'll be more like their liaison.

This was directly inspired by the "boo jaluk" bit you just did. Well, not that the fight happened, but that it ended this way.

Heehee, cool :D

#7 Arcalian

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:33 PM

This part made we wonder if Adrian and Shar would end up getting along well...my prediction had been for Vic to become a priestess of him...but now I'm wondering if she'll be more like their liaison.

I see no reason why Viconia could not both be Adrian's High Priestess *and* his liason with Shar. I don't see Adrian and Shar getting along *well* exactly, but I don't think they'll be enemies, either.

#8 Guest_glAssbOy_*

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:50 AM

But the next morn, Anomen had barely finished his breakfast before his dread was realized. A runner burst into the tavern.

"Sire!" The young page bowed before him.

:oops: Is this Helm's test?

Poor Anomen...

#9 Guest_Serena_*

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:48 AM

I don't know much about the FR Deities, but your Helm and Shar seemed fine to me!

Seeing Adrian stalking like this is a little creepy, but then again, this entire story is based around the 'evil' quest path. It did fit, though. And the Viconia elements fit nicely too.

I liked it!

#10 Arcalian

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:05 AM

Hey! Thanks for reading and responding! I luv feedback!!!! :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com