Most fun Infinity Mods?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_forbidden_donut_*

Posted 01 June 2004 - 01:23 AM

If I may ask, what are the most fun Infinity Mods? What Infinity Mods would you recommend?

Thank you in advance. :)

#2 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:06 PM

"Fun" is so very subjective. There are mods that some people consider "fun" that other people consider reprehensible, and if they hear you say that you're having fun with them they'll call for you to be beaten with a wet noodle, etc. etc.

If you find challenging combat fun, you might enjoy Weimer's Tactics, from www.weidu.org.

If you find new NPCs fun, I'd recommend Kelsey from www.pocketplane.net/kelsey , Solaufein from www.weidu.org , or perhaps for a change of pace one of the One-Day NPCs from www.pocketplane.net/oneday .

If you think you find evil fun, I'll recommend Weimer's Valen NPC, again www.weidu.org.

If you find quests fun, you can try one of the large-form quest mods at www.teambg.net (Darkest Day, Shadows Over Soubar, Tortured Souls, Check the Bodies)--I strongly recommend you carefully read their bug reporting forums and installation instructions, however. There's also Unfinished Business, www.pocketplane.net/ub

If you find new kits fun, www.gibberlings3.net has some new sets, as does the Ashes of Embers mod from www.pocketplane.net/aoe

If you find the existing characters interesting but wish there was more to them, grab the Banter Packs, www.pocketplane.net/banter

If you find the existing romances interesting but wish there was more to them, there are the Flirt Packs, www.pocketplane.net/npcflirt . You can also add a romance to Valygar with a mod in progress (beta available) at forums.fwstudios.net/index.php?showforum=93

Many of the Iron Modder entries from www.pocketplane.net/ironmod could qualify as "fun", as could things like Cloakwood Squares from www.pocketplane.net/audio . Or some people get all excited about rule tweaks, so you can go with things like Ease of Use from weidu.org or the G3 Tweak Pack from www.gibberlings3.net.

There's more, but you'll have to get more specific. ;)

#3 Guest_MorningGlory_*

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:34 PM

If I may ask, what are the most fun Infinity Mods? What Infinity Mods would you recommend?

Thank you in advance. :D

Hi, Forbidden Donut!

A comprehensive listing of IE Mods and their respective links to all sites can be found at Forgotten Wars Modding Community at http://forums.forgot...?showtopic=8043. You'll find the listings include those Mods for BG1 and BG2. There are many discussion forums there as well where you can participate in discussing first-hand game play of many of the Mods.

Go check it out. ;)

MG

#4 Guest_forbidden_donut_*

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:27 PM

"Fun" is so very subjective. There are mods that some people consider "fun" that other people consider reprehensible, and if they hear you say that you're having fun with them they'll call for you to be beaten with a wet noodle, etc. etc.

You're right. I should have explained first. Thank you for your list and guidance anyway.

I would like more adventure with hopefully more people, but I would like this without too much bugs. I heard that Kelsey is a top Infinity Mod with no bugs, which impresses me. What games can you buy with no bugs? But I play as a male pc. Anomen, Kelsey and Solaufein do not join my party. :shock: Also no Haer Dalis.

Is there one or two advenure Infinity Mods that are made with little or no bugs? Not too easy or too hard. Or is that a question I must find out in reading faqs? Now that I type this, I know it is #2.

Thank you for information and helpful links. I will enjoy reading these. :cry:

#5 Guest_forbidden_donut_*

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:34 PM

Thank you MorningGlory. I pressed on your link. I am surprised. I did not know how many Infinity Mods there are. :shock: I feel like I can drown in all the choices.

I do not want to put you in a rough place but are there any adventure Infinity Mods you like that do not have bugs? Kelsey I hear has no bug, which impresses me, but I am not in market for male romance now. If you can say a board where there are less bugs, just that would make me happy.

#6 Guest_jcompton_*

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:39 AM

I would like more adventure with hopefully more people, but I would like this without too much bugs. I heard that Kelsey is a top Infinity Mod with no bugs, which impresses me. What games can you buy with no bugs? But I play as a male pc. Anomen, Kelsey and Solaufein do not join my party. :shock: Also no Haer Dalis.

Well, if you really just want to adventure with female characters in the party, that's fair enough, but Kelsey's romance is not required and he in fact has plenty of dialogue even if you don't play with a female PC (or you play with a female PC and aren't interested in his romance.)

As for bug-free mods, we all try to put out mods that work and work well, but glitches do pop up from time to time. The banter and flirt packs (thanks to the fact that the technology is quite simple) have no glitches I'm aware of. The One-Day NPCs are pretty solid as well. Ascension only very occasionally catches people with an "enemies won't die" bug. In fact, most of the better-established mods are quite stable.

Ritual (from Tactics) is difficult but I believe it is bug-free.

(And, yes, Icelus has indeed put together a very impressive list of mods.)

#7 Guest_icelus_*

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:00 AM

For the most up-to-date version of the list, bookmark this link instead: http://forums.pocket....php?topic=22.0

:shock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com