Photo

Adrian Shadows of Amn 155

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Arcalian

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:04 PM

"There is nothing," said the leader of the diseased ones. "Nothing has changed."

"Call his name," Anomen said. "We have seen him, spoken to him. Call him."

"I...." the withered man faltered. "I will...I.......Amuanator! I am the leader of the third house of your children! The first and second was spared this duty, but we, the third house, we were called, and we obeyed! Come! Please..."

"Amuanator?" Anomen gasped.

"Lathlander's predescessor," Keldorn nodded slowly.

"The temple we found in the Umar Hills," Viconia whispered.

The ghost of the avatar of the dead god coalesced before them. I hear....you who have suffered, who still suffer. The time of this guarding has come to an end.

"Then....what remains to be done?"

For you? Nothing. All that remains is for the Bhaalspawn to give me the artifact.

Wordlessly, Adrian lifted it in his left hand. He felt it trembling in his grip, and let go. It floated slowly to the apparition, who took hold of it. In the avatar's hands, the rod glowed first blue, then gold, then faded away.

-----

Far away, Ao nodded in satisfaction. It was done.

"Proceed," he told the Solar, who continued her journey towards the Realms.

In Pandemonium, Cyric brooded over this turn of events.

The woman with feathers in her hair didn't know what to make of it either.

------

Now, said the Avatar. Rest your minds in my heart. Rest.....

And without magic or fanfare, they were gone, god and followers alike.

There was a long pause.

"Here we part company," Adrian said to Keldorn. "I think we will rest here tonight."

Keldorn looked from Adrian to Anomen and back, and nodded slowly. "I will leave it to Anomen to report this," he said, almost as though he were talking to himself. He turned and left the empty temple.

Viconia was quite pleased to find a magical shield on the altar of the lost temple, and Edwin and Jan could both feel the power in it.

-----

Another dream.

Adrian's party were seated like pupils in a classroom. This was real for them too, he realized, he could sense this, see it in the frantic movement of their eyes. A sobbing Imoen was present as well, but she was not real, he thought.

He himself was standing. In front of him was a lectern, where a faux Irenicus stood. As before, they were in some twisted version of Candlekeep.

"Honestly Bhaal," said Adrian, "I don't know why you pretend to be Irenicus. Doesn't suit you. Then again, I'm not sure what suits you. Complete idiocy, probably."

"Always you hide behind your sarcastic wit to hide your fear, as I have known of you since I planted my seed within your mother," the fake Irenicus said in that too-calm voice. "And it is not what suits me. It is what will suit you to learn, as you should've learned long ago."

"What, like Sarevok? No thank you."

"You are in many ways already a suitable vessel, for you have no illusions of good. But you must learn, not only to use the tools you are given, but in the manner I direct and for my greater glory."

Adrian snorted. "I fear real threats, not impotent ghosts. I haven't feared you in a long time. I have no need to hide from you behind my wit; there is nothing to hide *from*. As for using my abilities--not your 'tools'--for anything other than my own advantage? Go bugger yourself."

Behind him, Edwin snickered through his paralysis.

Bhaal-Irenicus sighed like a long suffering parent of a bad child. "Even now you do not understand. Using my abilities as I direct is the only thing that can save your miserable hide."

The false Ireincus took a step back and made a sweeping gesture with one hand. "Walk amongst them, these beasts that are less than you are....'

-----

Elsewhere, Sarevok turned, sensing what was happening. "Excuse me for a moment," he said to Besheridan and the succubus that was their first recruit. He closed his eyes and reached out....

------

"When the world of flesh is beneath you," Bhaal-Irenicus went on, then was interrupted. Adrian was surprised as well, when Sarevok came busing through a wall. Adrian almost didn't recognize him, with his chainmail armor soaked in the blood of demons, and his vast darksteel blade. Not to mention his deeply tanned skin and long black hair and mustache.

Irenicus blinked. "Sarevok? What--?"

Sarevok narrowed his glowing eyes, seeing through the glamour to what lay within. Then he smiled. "Father."

Bhaal-Irenicus tried to recover. "Ah yes. It is good you are here, it serves my purpose to--"

"Shut up," Sarevok cut him off. Then, he chopped him in half.

Sarevok turned to a stunned Adrian and saluted him with his blade. "You do well, brother. But do not take too long. Events are moving."

Adrian was left to think of that as the dream faded, leaving only Sarevok's glowing eyes.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#2 Guest_Ian_*

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:35 AM

Sarevok narrowed his glowing eyes, seeing through the glamour to what lay within. Then he smiled. "Father."

Bhaal-Irenicus tried to recover. "Ah yes. It is good you are here, it serves my purpose to--"

Sarevok turned to a stunned Adrian and saluted him with his blade. "You do well, brother. But do not take too long. Events are moving."

Adrian was left to think of that as the dream faded, leaving only Sarevok's glowing eyes.

ROFL :cry: :D that's funny.

Aside from that, I liked this chapter.

#3 Guest_Silrana_*

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:29 AM

Whoa! Now that was an interesting development!

Great chapter!

#4 Laufey

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:38 AM

Now, said the Avatar. Rest your minds in my heart. Rest.....

And without magic or fanfare, they were gone, god and followers alike.

Aw...I always like this part. :D

Adrian's party were seated like pupils in a classroom. This was real for them too, he realized, he could sense this, see it in the frantic movement of their eyes. A sobbing Imoen was present as well, but she was not real, he thought.

I like the touch of bringing the party along into the dream! Is it a sign of Adrian's growing power, perhaps?

He himself was standing. In front of him was a lectern, where a faux Irenicus stood. As before, they were in some twisted version of Candlekeep.

"Honestly Bhaal," said Adrian, "I don't know why you pretend to be Irenicus. Doesn't suit you. Then again, I'm not sure what suits you. Complete idiocy, probably."

Yes, it does make one wonder, I agree.

"You are in many ways already a suitable vessel, for you have no illusions of good. But you must learn, not only to use the tools you are given, but in the manner I direct and for my greater glory."

Adrian snorted. "I fear real threats, not impotent ghosts. I haven't feared you in a long time. I have no need to hide from you behind my wit; there is nothing to hide *from*. As for using my abilities--not your 'tools'--for anything other than my own advantage? Go bugger yourself."

Go Adrian! :cry:

-----

Elsewhere, Sarevok turned, sensing what was happening. "Excuse me for a moment," he said to Besheridan and the succubus that was their first recruit. He closed his eyes and reached out....

And Sarevok too has grown in power, I see, given that he can do this.

------

"When the world of flesh is beneath you," Bhaal-Irenicus went on, then was interrupted. Adrian was surprised as well, when Sarevok came busing through a wall. Adrian almost didn't recognize him, with his chainmail armor soaked in the blood of demons, and his vast darksteel blade. Not to mention his deeply tanned skin and long black hair and mustache.

Wow! Sarevok in a mustache...sort of gives him an Attila the Hun look, I think. Not bad.

*grin* I *like* the way this dream turned out.
Rogues do it from behind.

#5 Guest_Oryx_*

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:14 AM

Wordlessly, Adrian lifted it in his left hand. He felt it trembling in his grip, and let go. It floated slowly to the apparition, who took hold of it. In the avatar's hands, the rod glowed first blue, then gold, then faded away.

*angel chorus*

-----

Far away, Ao nodded in satisfaction. It was done.

Wow, talk about zoom out.

One of the few good likes in Matrix 3 (done by Sarry-man's voice actor, no less)...IT IS DONE.

"Proceed," he told the Solar, who continued her journey towards the Realms.

In Pandemonium, Cyric brooded over this turn of events.

Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

The woman with feathers in her hair didn't know what to make of it either.

Me neither. Maybe comes into play when A-Man has to de-vamp Vic (assuming it takes that route at all.)

Keldorn looked from Adrian to Anomen and back, and nodded slowly. "I will leave it to Anomen to report this," he said, almost as though he were talking to himself. He turned and left the empty temple.

Surely this must've been one of the odder missions of his career.

I don't know why he bothers either....this must be the tenth dream or so all told, and they never get anywhere. Silly Power, dreams are for Freddy.

Careful, Sarr, sucubi will rip your heart out....

------

The 'crazed mountain man' look, I dig it....

See Bhaal, even that son doesn't like you now....

I dig the twist.

btw, my Chap 60 has Coran, but it's the last one that will.

#6 Guest_Conrack_*

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:03 PM

Hell yeah, a Sarevok cameo. Great! :D

The scene with the gods was interesting, wonder what it means... :cry:

#7 Arcalian

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:20 PM

I thought the party would be present because they were present in the dream, not just unconscious. Yes, both Ade and Sarry are more powerful, but that was incidental, really. Still, I'm glad you like it.
The road to the abyss may be paved with good intentions, but it is those with bad intentions that race down that road as fast as they can.

#8 Arcalian

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:24 PM

Me neither. Maybe comes into play when A-Man has to de-vamp Vic (assuming it takes that route at all.)

Oh it will, though with a slight twist of it's own...but no, this just has to do with the Evil powers that be not understanding why Adrian didn't figure some way to keep the weapon, or at least store it for later when he could use it.

I don't know why he bothers either....this must be the tenth dream or so all told, and they never get anywhere. Silly Power, dreams are for Freddy.

As Lord E indicated some time ago, I think he simply has nothing better to do then try to make the kiddies get with the program, as it were.

Careful, Sarr, sucubi will rip your heart out....

*the succubus pouts* He's already dead....I just want to have some fun with him.....

btw, my Chap 60 has Coran, but it's the last one that will.

I know, I read some of the respones by Blue Sorceress. I will leave most of it alone, but I will say, oh yes DO sleep withe Drow; I rather feel the moon is eclipsing the sun. :shock:

#9 Arcalian

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

When Adrian used the rift weapon, Everybody noticed. And AO was pleased that it was finally done with.

#10 Guest_Lord E_*

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:36 AM

Cheers for Adrian! :shock:

Cheers for Sarry!

Cheers for brothers united!

#11 Arcalian

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:19 AM

knew youd like this, sorry to take so long getting back to responding
8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com